Windows Mail can't see incoming message

I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message
anymore.

I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail.  There was a particular
incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on
my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows
Mail - it just didn't see it.  That's still happening, but now there are
three incoming messages behaving in this way.  All are from the same site
(user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still
other users at that site.

What should I be looking at in Windows Mail?  I have only one message rule
defined, which should not apply to any of these messages, and disabling it
makes no difference.

0
iso

Is the message still in your inbox at the account's webmail page?

Do such problems persist if you disable or uninstall MW?

Ciar�n � Duibh�n wrote:
> I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message
> anymore.
>
> I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail.  There was a particular
> incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on
> my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by
> Windows
> Mail - it just didn't see it.  That's still happening, but now there are
> three incoming messages behaving in this way.  All are from the same site
> (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with
> still
> other users at that site.
>
> What should I be looking at in Windows Mail?  I have only one message rule
> defined, which should not apply to any of these messages, and disabling it
> makes no difference.

0
PA
11/27/2009 5:28:53 AM
"Ciar�n � Duibh�n" <no.spam@thank.you> wrote in message
>I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message
>anymore.
>
> I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail.  There was a particular
> incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on
> my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by
> Windows Mail - it just didn't see it.  That's still happening, but now
> there are three incoming messages behaving in this way.  All are from the
> same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no
> problem with still other users at that site.
>
> What should I be looking at in Windows Mail?  I have only one message rule
> defined, which should not apply to any of these messages, and disabling it
> makes no difference.

Check if you can see the messages with "view by conversation" disabled?
(Alt,V,V,G)
View>current view.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
11/27/2009 9:01:26 AM
" mac" wrote
> Check if you can see the messages with "view by conversation" disabled?
> (Alt,V,V,G)

Thanks, but that doesn't make any difference.
Ciar�n � Duibh�n.

0
iso
11/27/2009 2:28:21 PM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote
> Is the message still in your inbox at the account's webmail page?
>
> Do such problems persist if you disable or uninstall MW?

Thanks.  Yes the messages are still visible in webmail, and in MailWasher.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I tried running Windows Mail
directly from Vista, not via MailWasher, and again these messages do not
appear.

I made two mistakes in my original posting - sorry:
1. I didn't post this problem here before - it was somewhere else (and I got
no replies!)
2. I have not in fact successfully received mails from other users at that
*exact* site

0
iso

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Window Redirection?

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

attaching child ClistCtrl window to resizable parent Dialog
I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable]. I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog. I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost ctrl to the parent dialog so that when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands. Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind the scene. I only send an initial message to each: m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES ); Thanks, Ihor VC++ doesn't not...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Interface not registered message

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail