windows mail - 42890

have somehow lost local folder which i created in my name to keep important
emails. I have checked
other folders in case i dragged it into other folders by mistake but no.
anyone know how i can get this back. Lots of important info is lost.

You can try searching for *.eml and then look for a directory in the =
message store under Local Folders and see if you can find one by the =
name you gave the folder and then see if the eml files are under that =
directory.  See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background info.

steve

"sandi" <sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> have somehow lost local folder which i created in my name to keep =
important=20
> emails. I have checked
> other folders in case i dragged it into other folders by mistake but =
no.=20
> anyone know how i can get this back. Lots of important info is lost.
0
Steve
7/4/2010 10:51:35 AM

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

> You can try searching for *.eml and then look for a directory in the
> message store under Local Folders and see if you can find one by the name
> you gave the folder and then see if the eml files are under that
> directory.  See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background info.
>
> steve
>
> "sandi" <sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > have somehow lost local folder which i created in my name to keep
> important
> > emails. I have checked
> > other folders in case i dragged it into other folders by mistake but no.
> > anyone know how i can get this back. Lots of important info is lost.

Hi again, thanks for replying. I did as you suggested Steve and everything
came up except my folder, so i guess its been deleted albeit not
me....FAMILIES. Is there any way i can ever get this folder back maybe hidden
in the depth of the computer. i dont guess system restore will work.

sandi

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

> You can try searching for *.eml and then look for a directory in the
> message store under Local Folders and see if you can find one by the name
> you gave the folder and then see if the eml files are under that
> directory.  See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background info.
>
> steve
>
> "sandi" <sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > have somehow lost local folder which i created in my name to keep
> important
> > emails. I have checked
> > other folders in case i dragged it into other folders by mistake but no.
> > anyone know how i can get this back. Lots of important info is lost.

If you can't find it by searching for "families" then you might try =
searching (both in Windows and in Windows Mail) for the author of one of =
those messages and the directory might turn up. =20

As a last resort you can try system restore, but I don't think it will =
work.  As per usual, its important to backup your messages.

cheers,

> Hi again, thanks for replying. I did as you suggested Steve and =
everything=20
> came up except my folder, so i guess its been deleted albeit not=20
> me....FAMILIES. Is there any way i can ever get this folder back maybe =
hidden=20
> in the depth of the computer. i dont guess system restore will work.
>=20
> sandi
>=20
>=20
> "Steve Cochran" wrote:
>=20
>> You can try searching for *.eml and then look for a directory in the
>> message store under Local Folders and see if you can find one by the =
name
>> you gave the folder and then see if the eml files are under that
>> directory.  See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background info.
>>=20
>> steve
>>=20
>> "sandi" <sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > have somehow lost local folder which i created in my name to keep
>> important
>> > emails. I have checked
>> > other folders in case i dragged it into other folders by mistake =
but no.
>> > anyone know how i can get this back. Lots of important info is =
lost.

0
Steve
7/6/2010 11:13:38 AM
その他。
0
その他

Blank Mail
Hi All, If i try to move my mail from inbox to my persional folder all the data gets bland only i am able to view the attachements the boyd of the mail will become blank what may be the problem TIN ...

Windows Mail
Hi Can I backup my personal folders in Windows Mail to a CD/DVD Many thanks Ptamsyn Windows Mail is not supported by this newsgroup. Instead, try posting here; http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistanetworking -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ptamsyn" <Ptamsyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F26E137-CEBD-4AEF-8B5F-854AC...

E-Mail looses formatting
When I e-mail my newsletter, some of the recipient's copy has lost its formatting and the pages do not display correct. How can I fix that? The general wisdom here suggests outputting the newsletter as a PDF and attaching it to the email. There is no guarantee that your recipients will have HTML enabled for email, and PDF ensures that your formatting remains intact. There are a number of freeware PDF makers that install as print drivers; I use pdf995 on a regular basis. Bruce "W. Guy Delaney" wrote: > When I e-mail my newsletter, some of the recipient's copy h...

live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message
live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message.... inventsomething at live dot com Greg ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message? Every email will have the time and date in the upper right corner - what do you mean exactly? The signature can be accomplished via Tools - Options - Signatures. You can have multiple signatures and assign them to specific email accounts, and, you can select which signature you want to apply on each email you compose - View ...

debug assertion error in threads of c++ under windows
Hi All, This my part of the c++ program using threads in windows : //modified by pushpa struct structExrdDoc { CExrdDoc* spDoc; LPCTSTR sstrFileName; structExrdDoc():spDoc(NULL),sstrFileName(""){} }; structExrdDoc sp; volatile bool running; UINT CExcelExport::run(LPVOID p) { CExrdDoc* me = sp.spDoc; me->OnSaveDocument ((LPCTSTR)sp.sstrFileName); running = FALSE; return 0; } //modified by pushpa void CExcelExport::SaveExcelFile (CExrdDoc* pDoc, const string& strFileName) { sp.spDoc = pDoc; //modified by pushpa sp.sstrFileName = strFileName.c_str(); //modified...

Windows Vista launch- Free wallapers at www.i-search.co.in
Microsoft is ready to release, on January 30, the retail version of its operating system called Windows Vista. It has taken more than five years, about $6 billion and over 5,000 developers around the world. Vista is a major overhaul of Windows operating system (OS) and offers new elements like an aero glass (hardware based graphical user interface), more search options, new sound and networking technologies and enhanced security. To run Vista buyers will need a PC with at least 800 Mhz chip speed, at least 20 GB free disc space, 512 MB for the system and a reasonably powerful graphics c...

Mailing Lists filters
** I am new to Access** But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever. My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file. Thanks for your help....

Cannot send mail to a recipient
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C4D3A6.16DDC100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I try to send a mail with subject 'testmail' or 'testmail2' to an = external recipient. (a customer of us) There is nothing in the mail except text. Almost immediately I receive an NDR from our server with this line = below: <DISTRIBUTOR.kksys.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Error: "Message contains = Sober.I virus"> I launched a complete virusscan on our server and on the de...

e-mail name vs. account name???
I just set up a new Exchange Server2003 SP2 on an existing Windows 2000 Server AD domain. Two of the users are using generic account names (i.e. associate and notebook902). These are real people named Jessica and Kathleen. E-mail addresses have been created on their accounts using their real names (i.e. jessica@domain.com and Kathleen@domain.com). Their e-mail is working fine. They receive e-mail that is sent to jessica@domain.com but when they send e-mail it shows as from associate@domain.com. How do I fix it so sent e-mail shows coming from e-mailaddress@domain.com rather than a...

Outlook mail cancel send
I want to cancel a very large file that won't send...it times out. Now additional mail I wish to transmit won't send. How do I delete the large file? It does not show up in the drafts folder. Outlook version please? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Lynn asked: | I want to cancel a very large file that won't send...it times out. | Now additional mail I wish to tr...

Deleting links to Access when e-mailing workbook
Goodmorning, I have a large excel based application which uses links back to an Access DB to refresh/store all new data. When e- mailing this workbook to end users several messages appear asking about links etc. Is there a way to ensure the users don't get these messages when I email the workbook to them? In other words, I need the workbook to be a stand alone app, without looking for links back to the database. As my directors are PC illiterate I have to make things as easy as possible for them. Any urgent help would be fantastic. Jeff Tillack Information Resource Officer Inform...

Loop through email address list to send e-mails
Hi Every one, Following is a code that prints out weekly individual task lists from a master Critical Path. The code first creates a list of unique individuals on a temporary page, -then filter my critical path in a Column called "Next week" to only show action requiring follow-up on following week. -then prints-out a list of individuals who will receive task lists, -and finaly loops through alll values in "MyUniqueRng" to filter and print out the list name by name. What I would like to do, is instead of Printing-out these individuals task lists, sending them by ...

using vista mail program with earthlink http mail: error message when sending, can you download mail without deleting from server
i get the following when trying to send mail through earthlink: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test7', Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 earthlink has instructions for setting popmail and sumupath numbers on their site which i followed. also is there any way to download mail without deleting it from server? thanks. Your question may be better answered ...

Windows XP Won't Load 12-10-09
I am hoping that somebody can help me as I freeze in cold and stormy Scotland. I was doing some online shopping, clearing email etc. and was in the process of closing windows browser pages when suddenly the screen went black and the computer then tried to restart. When it rebooted, instead of the usual desktop I had a black page with the following message: ------------------------------- We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent Hardware or Software change might have caused this. If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpec...

Outlook Mail problem
I recently got W7 on a new computer. The latest Microsoft Office version I had was 2002. Since W7 has no Outlook Express I installed Outlook as my email program. It seems ok but when I send an email to myself with a Web link, when I click on the link it opens the My Documents Folder and is looking for a .exe page instead of opening the web page. I have no idea how to change this. Any help very much appreciated. (I know I need an updated Outlook but cannot afford it right now) Thanks, Patti And is this dialog called "Locate Link Browser"? Point it to IEXPLOR.EXE or...

Windows 2008 R2 BSOD
Hi all, I've a machine with Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition that is up and running from 3 months. From 5 days the server often (more times in a day) go in bluescreen and reboots. In the event log I only see this error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp. The file is quite large... How can I solve this? On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:41:33 +0200, Andrea Caldarone wrote: > The computer > has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1...

Mail Forwarding ... [WildPacket]
I know we can configure OOO on a disabled account. "Can we configure mail forwarding on a disabled account? Advise please. Thank you. no we can not ali "WILDPACKET" wrote: > I know we can configure OOO on a disabled account. > > "Can we configure mail forwarding on a disabled account? > > Advise please. > > Thank you. Thank you Syed for your response. I know we can configure OOO on disabled accounts but just cannot recall. Let's see if some body can answer my question. "Syed Ali" wrote: > no we can not > ali > &...

Problems with Internet Mail Service
My company has both an Exchange server (5.5) and internet mail server (hosted by a third party). In Exchange, I have created a custom recipient with a smtp address. When I tried to send an email to this custom recipient, he did not receive the mail! I have checked that: - Internet Mail Service has started - custom recipient's smtp address is valid - message delivery is set to DNS Can anyone please advise what has gone wrong? Thanks! ...

Mail merge problems with Outlook security update
Hi there, I've recently installed some security updates to Office 2000 via windows Update, and now when running an (email) Mail Merge, it askes me if I want to allow this action *for each & every recipient*! even if I check the 'allow this action' box for 10 mins. I've changed the Macro security setting, but this makes no difference. Can anyone help? thanks in advance, Jamie Your options are all outlined here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Work Hard" <enquiries@workhardpr.com> wrote in message news:...

Skip Used Mailing Labels and Print Duplicates in Access 2003 / 2000
On Sep 8 2004, 12:04 pm, "pete johnson" <petejohnson...@att.net> wrote: > Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -231801 > kb atricle #231801deals with skipping used labels which would normally be > wasted if you print on part of a sheet of labels. it claims that it is foraccess2000. i just used it onaccess97 and it worked perfectly, the first > time, every time. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231801 #231801 is a very useful article.. But, it can be made even better by making it even more generic... Replace STEP 2 Statement, From This: =LabelLayout(...

Out look 2000 on windows xp hangs
My vp's outlook 2000 is hanging on occasion. It hangs when it is starting up and some times it will load and then when she clicks on the remote personal folder it hangs and we have to kill the process. there is something that makes it hang. Any sugestions? she has a P4 with 512 DDR. Windows XP pro. Thank you ...

windows 2003 server directory access problem
hi,all I install oracle server 9.2 on a 2003 server ,and the ora92 directory access permission is as below: D:\oracle>xcacls ora92 D:\oracle\ora92 NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:(OI)(CI)(special access:) READ_CONTROL FILE_READ_DATA FILE_READ_EA FILE_EXECUTE FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F ...

Failure to remove mail from server
Deleted mail is staying on the mail server even though the box to remove mail from the server when email is deleted is checked. Any suggestions? ...

how to receive external mail
Hi, I am new to Exchange 2003 having used another mail server for some 8yrs. I have setup Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server box behind a firewall which holds the external IP address. The relevant ports are open and directed to the server. The server has Active directory installed and working. The domain is configured, DNS and DHCP are working. I can send email both locally and remotely. The email is being received on the outside. My question is how do I configure Exchange to receive external email? Must be simple but I cannot find it. Thanks in Advance. Mark Do you have your ex...

Outlook 2007 mail Icons and their meaning
How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine "GrahamAIC" <GrahamAIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF1E0267-767A-498D-B167-D2CACD6CEC94@microsoft.com... > How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning ...