Windows Mail - 125234

When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message  I
contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use
outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't
seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox

I hope someone has a suggestion.

thanks

Arthur

The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
--
Arthur M.

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.=20

Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did.
By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20
There are four different ways of changing that:

1. Use separate Windows user logins. That gives total privacy, and is
ideal when two different people use the same computer.

2.  Use message rules to filter incoming messages into=20
separate mail folders.

3. Upgrade to Windows Live Mail which has separate folders for each
account, no rules needed:  http://download.live.com/wlmail

4. Purchase an add-on called WMIDs:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMIDs
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Arthur" <bretky@aol.com> wrote in message =
> When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message =
 I=20
> contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used =
to use=20
> outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I =
can't=20
> seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same =
inbox
>=20
> I hope someone has a suggestion.
>=20
> thanks
>=20
> Arthur
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be =

> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this=20
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>=20
> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject 'test',=20
> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: =
SMTP,=20
> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587, =
Secure(SSL):=20
> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
> --=20
> Arthur M.
0
Gary
5/5/2010 2:48:32 AM
Sorry to butt in on this thread, but shouldn't there also be an option or
add-on to make Windows Live Mail act like OE's Inbox?
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did.
By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.
There are four different ways of changing that:

1. Use separate Windows user logins. That gives total privacy, and is
ideal when two different people use the same computer.

2.  Use message rules to filter incoming messages into
separate mail folders.

3. Upgrade to Windows Live Mail which has separate folders for each
account, no rules needed:  http://download.live.com/wlmail

4. Purchase an add-on called WMIDs:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMIDs

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Arthur" <bretky@aol.com> wrote in message
> When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message  I
> contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to
> use
> outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I
> can't
> seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same
> inbox
>
> I hope someone has a suggestion.
>
> thanks
>
> Arthur
>

> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject 'test',
> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP,
> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587,
> Secure(SSL):
> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
> --
> Arthur M.

0
Miles
5/5/2010 3:42:00 PM
This group is for Windows Mail, not Windows Live Mail.

What do you mean by " like OE's Inbox?"

WM dumps all incoming email messages into one Inbox.
WLM has separate Inboxes, etc. for each email account you access.  But it
has Quickviews, which can be used to see all email/all new email/ etc. in
one view.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Miles" <webmiles@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
> Sorry to butt in on this thread, but shouldn't there also be an option or
> add-on to make Windows Live Mail act like OE's Inbox?
> Dick
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
> Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
> Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.
>
> Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did.
> By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.
> There are four different ways of changing that:
>
> 1. Use separate Windows user logins. That gives total privacy, and is
> ideal when two different people use the same computer.
>
> 2.  Use message rules to filter incoming messages into
> separate mail folders.
>
> 3. Upgrade to Windows Live Mail which has separate folders for each
> account, no rules needed:  http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> 4. Purchase an add-on called WMIDs:
> http://www.oehelp.com/WMIDs

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Arthur" <bretky@aol.com> wrote in message
>> When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message  I
>> contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to
>> use
>> outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I
>> can't
>> seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same
>> inbox
>>
>> I hope someone has a suggestion.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Arthur
>>

>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
>> determining
>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>>
>> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject 'test',
>> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP,
>> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587,
>> Secure(SSL):
>> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
>> --
>> Arthur M.

0
Dave
5/5/2010 3:48:43 PM
Why should there be? Microsoft is under no obligation to make
provisions for new programs to act just like older ones.
I've listed all the available Windows Mail workarounds below.
Windows Live Mail is a different program which is handled in
a different newsgroup.

> [...]

>> Arthur
>>

>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be
>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the
>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining
>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.

>> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject 'test',
>> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: =
SMTP,
>> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587,=20
>> Secure(SSL):
>> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

0
Gary
5/5/2010 5:25:20 PM
User options are always appreciated.  Why wouldn't you think so.  (Sorry, I
meant Windows Mail, not OE).
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why should there be? Microsoft is under no obligation to make
provisions for new programs to act just like older ones.
I've listed all the available Windows Mail workarounds below.
Windows Live Mail is a different program which is handled in
a different newsgroup.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Miles" <webmiles@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
> Sorry to butt in on this thread, but shouldn't there also be an option or
> add-on to make Windows Live Mail act like OE's Inbox?
> Dick
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
> Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
> Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.
>
> Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did.
> By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.
> There are four different ways of changing that:
>
> 1. Use separate Windows user logins. That gives total privacy, and is
> ideal when two different people use the same computer.
>
> 2.  Use message rules to filter incoming messages into
> separate mail folders.
>
> 3. Upgrade to Windows Live Mail which has separate folders for each
> account, no rules needed:  http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> 4. Purchase an add-on called WMIDs:
> http://www.oehelp.com/WMIDs

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Arthur" <bretky@aol.com> wrote in message
>> When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message  I
>> contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to
>> use
>> outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I
>> can't
>> seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same
>> inbox
>>
>> I hope someone has a suggestion.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Arthur
>>

>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
>> determining
>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>>
>> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject 'test',
>> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP,
>> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587,
>> Secure(SSL):
>> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
>> --
>> Arthur M.

0
Miles
5/6/2010 2:30:24 AM
Microsoft has essentially abandoned Windows Mail in favor of
Windows Live Mail. There will be no updates to Windows Mail.
Why waste time wishing for things that will never happen?

> [...]
>>>

>>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be
>>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving =
this
>>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and =
read the
>>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help=20
>>> determining
>>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.

>>> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject =
'test',
>>> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: =
SMTP,
>>> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587,
>>> Secure(SSL):
>>> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

0
Gary
5/6/2010 4:23:45 AM
Microsoft functionally crippled Windows Mail in Windows 7, so there's =
not much point.  And with WLM, there is no capability to program it at =
all, so any development is unlikely.  Its a static and crappy program =
that will not be enhanced.

steve

> [...]
>>>

>>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be
>>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving =
this
>>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and =
read the
>>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help=20
>>> determining
>>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.

>>> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject =
'test',
>>> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: =
SMTP,
>>> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587,
>>> Secure(SSL):
>>> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

0
Steve
5/8/2010 4:22:06 PM
Yet Windows Live Mail serves the need of many users. The Wave 4 version
to be released in a few months is likely to have several new =
enhancements.

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message =
> [...]

>>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be
>>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving =
this
>>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and =
read the
>>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help=20
>>> determining
>>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.

>>> The rejected e-mail address was 'kamat4@comcast.net'. Subject =
'test',
>>> Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: =
SMTP,
>>> Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 587,
>>> Secure(SSL):
>>> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

0
Gary

Losing e-mail content Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2000
I lost randomly some of my users e-mail content, they still have the subject/headers, but there's no more e-mail content and attachements are also "0kb" so useless after that. I don't known what's going on since it's happening randomly... they are mostly older e-mails... but some are almost new. It's running on a Windows 2000 server, sp4 and Exchange 2000 I think on SP3. ( I'll have to check to be sure. ) Anyone can helo me on this ? I really need to resolve this issue... In news:0E257817-F755-44BB-B460-F3599B06356E@microsoft.com, Maxime F. <Max...

How do I replace an invaild mail sever account at startup?
I put the wrong account type when doing the start up wizard for outlook. Now it tells me that it is invalid but will not keep the program open so I can delete the account and open the correct one. Thank you Since you did not state your version of Outlook, start in Control Panel, Mail Icon. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Brnigurl asked: | I put the wrong account type when ...

how to redirect mails in queue ?
hi, We have 2 2k3exchange servers, ex01 and ex02. ex01 died yesterday ex02 gets all mails from outside i have about 500 mails in the queue on ex02 that are supposed to be delivered to ex01. so for now ( to deliver all current mails):I have established mailboxes and adresses on ex02. question: how do I tell the queue/server to send mails ,that are _allready_ in the queue for ex01, to deliver locally (in the new box on ex02) instead. also:how long will my queue last? where can I configure that? any help appreciated, m Move the messages in mailroot\queue folder to mailroot\pickup. this ...

how to prevent users to sending mail
Hi Is it possible in Exchange 2000 (Win2k Srv AD) to prevent users, so they can't send mail through ther mail account (Exchange) only read items in their mailboxes? Thanks Regards Miha You could look at putting an explicit deny on their Send As rights on the Security Tab of the User object. Why do you want to do this? Glen "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message news:uUmDWO$jEHA.2668@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is it possible in Exchange 2000 (Win2k Srv AD) to prevent users, so they > can't send mail through ther mail account (Exchan...

Cannot send mail to AOL.com
Hi All I have an outstanding issue with sending mail to aol.com Background: I have a Windows Server 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. I am sitting behind a PIX501 and only have one external IP address, there is no static NAT entry. I have contacted my ISP (Charter Business) and they have created a RevDNS entry which works fine. Outbound mail to aol.com is being queued and will eventually fail. I cannot manually telnet into any of AOL.com's mail servers, nor can I connect via smtpdiag... I received the following response... Connecting to mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.185] on port 25. Conn...

CRM E-mail in Outlook
The CRM E-mail button added to Outlook builds an email form that does not allow me to select a Contact from CRM Contacts. When I click on To: my normal Outlook Address Lists are available but not the Contacts from CRM. When I try to add the The CRM Contacts folder to the Outlook Address Book there is no option like I can with other Contact folders. When sending email from within CRM, I do not have access to the normal Outlook address lists. Was this by design? Seems like it would be good to do both? Thanks, Doug This is normal. The only thing in the CRM email different is the ...

MSN Icons not showing in Outlook mails
This morning I updated Office 2003 as per the update on "Updates" site, and I ran the Java installation as hover buttons were not displaying on web page, all this is now sorted and ok. (I'm running XP with SP2). However, when in Outlook 2003 and reading an incoming mail the e-mail address in "from" box used to display a green "MSN" icon beside the name. These have now vanished, all I get is a grey circle. It's just annoying to see it, I guess something I did has caused it to change. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks they replaces the little man icon...

E-mail 1 Worksheet Out Of Workbook
Can I e-mail one worksheet out of a workbook without e-mailing the whole workbook? Thx, Jerrygolfer --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jerry, have a look here for info on how to do it http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Workbook. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "jerrygolfer >" <<jerrygolfer.zy2s7@excelforum-nospam.com> wro...

E-MAIL PROCESSORS REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY!!
E-MAIL PROCESSORS REQUIRED immediately! Earn large income from your home computer. Full time/Part time, anywhere! Not MLM. Serious inquiries only! For more info, e-mail pro_21@hotmail.co.uk ������΢���������ŷ������鿴������Ϣ? "zhanghua" <zhanghua@sdie.edu.cn> д����Ϣ����:e5cAqCwTGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > ������΢���������ŷ������鿴������Ϣ? > "zhanghua" <zhanghua@sdie.edu.cn> wrote in message news:e5cAqCwTGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > ������΢���������ŷ������鿴������Ϣ? > > "JAMES JOY" <J_JOY@email.msn....

file send to mail recipient (as attachment) problem
Hi, every time i try to send an office document using the file - send to - mail recipient (as attachment) option, i am asked, i think by outlook express to setup a new email account. I already have an email account in outlook 2003, but it does not seem to be associating. I am using Vista. Thnx. Make sure you have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 set as your default mail handler in Windows; Start-> Default Programs FYI: The account setup is probably coming from Windows Mail which is indeed the successor to Outlook Express in Windows Vista. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

Pb with a distribution group to send mails to contacts
Hi, I use Exchange 2k3, I want to create a distribution group to send mails to people inside the compagny (with exchange mailbox) and people with a external mailbox. for the external mailbox, I create a contact, I send mail to the contact, it's ok. if the contact is member of the distribution group, when I send mail to the distribution group the mail isn't transmited to the contact. I receive this mail from the server : ******************************************************************************* Certains des destinataires ou tous les destinataires n'ont pas re�u votre me...

Open new IE window when opening multiple FRx Web reports
When accessing FRx reports from the Webport the reports are opened up in an Internet Explorer window afetr double clicking on the report. If we then go back to the Webport and double click on a new report it is opened in the same Interent Explorer window as the first report. What is suggested is that when a second report is opened it displays in a new Internet Explorer window so that both reports can be viewed simultaneously. This is a suggestion from a customer who uses this tool extensively. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sug...

Video E-mail Outlooks 2003 does not recognize my digital USB web .
Even though XP Pro recognizes my web cam and also MSN messenger can both broadcast. The video e-mail option on Outlook 2003 will not recognize my web cam being plugged into the USB I have the identical problem. Anyone have a fix? Bob >-----Original Message----- >Even though XP Pro recognizes my web cam and also MSN messenger can both >broadcast. The video e-mail option on Outlook 2003 will not recognize my web >cam being plugged into the USB >. > Dear Bob and Anon Don't waste any more time on the add-in - it has never worked for anyone that I know of. >-...

Why won't LM sent mail w/atchs
I have been trying to sent an email to a contact (company) that furnished their email address but it won't send. I added the name of the company/email address to my contacts list. I then Clicked on File, New email message, entered the email address, and included two attachments. When I click on Send, the send window opens and the progress bar shows green and stops at approx 1% then freezes. Now, the email is in my Outbox and everytime I try to send it, the same thing. If I close LM, I always get the message that I have email waiting and do I want to send it but it never goe...

When to upgrade from Windows Mail to Outlook
I'm trying to determine whether I need to upgrade or can get better use out of Windows Mail. 1) Can I order my rules alphabetically to make them easier to search when I need to change them in Windows Mail? Is this feature offered in Outlook? 2) Can I set up Windows Mail so that all unread messages are visible in an Unread message folder as in Outlook? I can't find this feature in Windows Mail. 3) If I upgrade to Outlook, what's the best way to export/import rules so I don't have to write them from scratch? Please advise. 1) and 2) Those features are not ava...

Changing e-mail adress
A little while ago i gat a new e-mail adress, but now i dont know how to change the adress in ''windows mail'' .. Any suggestions ?? "HelleXi" <HelleXi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:729A94D2-8811-4136-895A-E06EB5ED0D32@microsoft.com... >A little while ago i gat a new e-mail adress, but now i dont know how to > change the adress in ''windows mail'' .. Any suggestions ?? Tools menu>accounts>Add. Do you have all the server details to go with the new address? If not then get back with more detail of...

Windows XP event 1000
Anyone know about the Windows XP 64 event 1000 and 1001? What is this? Way too little information for us to give you any help, if you want more help copy and paste the event to your next post. To copy the event double click on it to open it then click on the clipboard icon at the top right, the one below the up/down arrows. Other than that you can see if you can find anything useful here: http://www.eventid.net/search.asp John user@domain.invalid wrote: > Anyone know about the Windows XP 64 event 1000 and 1001? What is this? thanks for the clipboard tip. I was clicking...

Re: How to adjust monitor screen in Windows 7?
How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 inch LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a circle on the screen appeares as an vertical oval. What solution can mend this inconvenience. Many thanks for your help! Janine "Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote in message news:33F5378F-FCF4-45F1-9127-3E0F277A8EF0@microsoft.com... > How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 > inch LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a > circle on the screen appeares as an vertical oval. Wh...

back up of mails
How do you back up your mail on the server? That depends what you would like to backup. If you want to backup the mailstore, then use NT backup. If you would like to backup just one mailbox, then try exmerge. If you want to backup your mail from a Outlook client, then do a archive at the client. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes ...

Filtering incoming mail by DNS lookup
Question - can you set up a filter on Exchange 2003 that will allow you to filter (drop) all emails that come in from non-existant domains. Example - incoming mail from kasjdfhksadjfhsdkjfh@nobodyishome.net (address in the header of the email) - I want to have exchange do a reverse DNS lookup and see if the domain name is accurate. If so, then it delivers the email. If not, it deletes the email. Also - lets say the header says - drsys@msn.com which is a valid domain name - but the ip in the header is not a real IP, its been spoofed. Can I set up a filter for exchange to check the DNS...

Outlook 2007 and systray new mail envelope
Hello, do you know how to show the little systray envelope (new mail arrived) when there are some rules that move mail received in other folder (not Inbox folder)? This envelope is show only when arrive a new mail in Inbox folder? There is any script to show envelope also the folder is not Inbox? Thank you In Outlook 2003 it works, but not in Outlook 2007. Abc ...

backing up windows 7
I went into Windows 7 'Backup and Restore' function on my workstations and setup an incramental backup and scheduled it. I don't really want to run it via the scheduler, I want to be able to run it via a VBscript. Is this even possible? Thanks. ...

Mail stuck in outbox #8
Running Outlook 2003 on XP service pack 2 Sometimes I send an email and it goes to the outbox but immediately the font in the outbox changes from italics to regular. I can sometimes move it to the draft folder and resend and it goes correctly, other times it gets stuck again. When I do a send/ recieve, it never attempts to send the mail and just ignores that it's in the outbox. I've tried restarting Outlook, putting it into offline mode and then back to online and also rebooting the PC to no avail. Mail sent after the mail in question gets hung up go through with not problem. ...

Windows low on memory
Using Pub 2003 ... windows XP service pack 2 1.5 gig of ram 120 gig hard drive with only 45 gig used working with a pub file 280,000 kb size. I want to copy and paste the picture from one side of the page to the other ... but I get the error windows low on memory. Please help ...

Locking windows xp pro while running & opening new session
Can you lock windows xp pro while a program is running (ie., motion detection software) & what could be the problem when the password is not asked when opening a new session ? Worked before but not now. I'm the administrator-user. Did enable section that requires all users to use password to open new session. -- seymour2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ seymour2's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/208039.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1327306.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...