windows mail - 116023

I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it goes through very
fast and says successful. I know there is mail to receive. I can send e-mail.
ANY IDEAS??

Send yourself a test e-mail.

Does it appear in Sent Items?

Can you see it on your server's Webmail site?

Is this a POP3 account?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Steve B" <Steve B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it goes through
>very
> fast and says successful. I know there is mail to receive. I can send
> e-mail.
> ANY IDEAS??

0
Bruce
1/21/2010 5:27:45 PM
Who is your mail service provider (the part of your email address
after the @ symbol)? Can you go to their webmail site to see if
emails are waiting to be downloaded? Perhaps those emails went
into a spam folder on the webmail account.

What happens when you send an email to yourself?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Steve B" <Steve B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it goes through =
very=20
> fast and says successful. I know there is mail to receive. I can send =
e-mail.
> ANY IDEAS??
0
Gary
1/21/2010 5:30:14 PM
Is "View - Show or Hide - Show All Messages" enabled?

"Steve B" <Steve B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it goes through very
> fast and says successful. I know there is mail to receive. I can send
> e-mail.
> ANY IDEAS??

0
slk759

Setting Up Windows Mail
How do I set up Windows Email? The wizard asks for a POP3 or a SIIS or something else. What do I do? You call your ISP or e-mail server. Ask them for an e-mail address and the account settings. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Brad Davis" <braddavis01@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23WPSLUbiKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I set up Windows Email? The wizard asks for a POP3 or a SIIS or > something else. > What do I do? > "Brad Davis" <braddavis01@microsoft.com&g...

Not receiving some mail on Outlook 2003
I have my mail sent from my host and I use POP3 on Outlook 2003 (Windows XP). I am not receiving some mail from companies such as: Borders, Enterprise, Maxtor etc. Could there be a filter that is preventing these from coming through or could some pro advise what could be causing this problem??? Thanks so much! Check your Rules and Alerts to see if you have set something that prevents the mail from coming into your mailbox. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

No incoming mail
I have just gone from an NT4/Exchange 5.5/Proxy 2.0 Domain to 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 and ISA 2000 however I cannot receive incoming mail from the internet. I can send out without any issues. My existing Exchange install sits on the same box as proxy 2.0. We have replaced this with a 2003 Exchange Server and ISA Server on a seperate machine. The ISA Internet facing NIC has the same IP as the previous Proxy 2.0 box so there should be no need to adjust the MX record at the ISP's DNS. As the exchange server is now sitting behind ISA we have configured a forwarder to the Exchange 2003...

Attaching and sending Draft e-mails
My company recently upgraded to Outlook XP with Exchange 2000. In Outlook 2000 I could create a draft email attach it to another e-mail and send it to my boss. If he liked it he could then click on actions and hit forward and send the attached draft e-mail from his account. In Outlook XP I can only do this if I disable Word as my E-mail editor. Is there any way to get this to work if I want to use Word as my e-mail editor under Outlook XP? Thanks for the help. Nelson I'm not sure what you issue is here. If you send him a draft and he opens the draft with Word as the editor ...

Mail Enabled Public Folder #6
Dear Group, Running Exchange 2k3 SP2 on a SBS 2k3 box. Settings: Client has a mail enabled public folder called Admin that receives mail from two different domains as follows: admin@mydomain01.com and info@mydomain02.org. Question: What is the best way to forward only the info@mydomain02.org to two email addresses outside the Exchange domain and still have the public folder receive this mail? My thinking [this is usually the first problem], remove the info@mydomain02.org from the public folder Admin and create a info@mydomain02.org mailbox. Than create two contacts with the outside ...

HTML mail sent by exchange 5.5 server
I try to send an HTML mail with some jpg images inside If I send to internal user, all work fine If I send to internet user, they receive the message in wrong formatting, and instead of viewing the images they receive a <<...OLE_Obj...>> for each image I have already enabled HTML in outbound attachment in Internet Mail Connecctor Someone can help me ??? Is this true with all external clients? On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:33:02 -0800, "Stefano" <Stefano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I try to send an HTML mail with some jpg images inside > >If I s...

pop mail from yahoo
has anyone had trouble with popping mail from a web-based email provider like yahoo? although I have POP3 access with yahoo, I use outlook to download my msgs... since I prefer to keep a copy of my msgs on the server, I have selected that option... however, everytime my outlook syncs with my yahoo email acct, it downloads ALL the msgs in my yahoo account, unable to recognize downloaded msgs from the undownloaded msgs... does anyone know anyway to fix this problem? netscape mail (long ago) used to be able to recognize which msgs that it had downloaded, and would only download the n...

Mail Recipient Button
I used to have the "Mail Recipient" button on my excel toolbar and would e-mail the contents of a worksheet in the body of an e-mail on a daily basis. Last week, I open Excel and the button is gone. When I double click the toolbar to customize it, the button appears back on the toolbar but I cannot use it since the 'customize' window is open.When I close the 'customize' window, the button dissappears again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. I think I'd try deleting that one that's only visible with the customize dialog open. then drag another copy to the sam...

disappearing mail in outlook 2003
I have a user that I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2002. Now when she gets mail, reads it, closes outlook, then opens it back up, it disappears. It is no where to be found. It is not in her deleted, sent, inbox, nowhere. She has Windows XP Pro. Thanks Tony Check her view. View, Arrange By, Current View, and make sure it's not set to Unread messages. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Anthony Litterio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Automatic responses to e-mail
I am currently using Outlook Express 6.0. Is there a way to configure it to automatically send a reply to the sender with a text message? For example, "Out of Office". If this is not possible in Outlook Express, can it be done in Outlook? If so, how? I am running XP, Home Edition. Thanks very much. Doug Eader Automatically reply to incoming messages while out of the office On the Tools menu, click Out of Office Assistant. Click I am currently Out of the Office. In the AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text box, type the message you want to send to ...

Empty E-mails in Outlook Express
Can anyone help? For the past 2+ weeks, all of my outlook express e-mails have been empty -- even the ones that I knew had previously contained text. All I get is the hourglass icon when the cursor is in the body of the text. If there had been an attachment, I can see it only if I forward the e-mail -- then, the attachment is on the forwarded message. Can anyone help? Please e-mail me at nickdavis(DELETE THIS)@usa.net.Thanks! nick "Nicholas Davis" <ndavis02@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:DW3jc.7193$4D1.5336@twister.socal.rr.com... > Can anyone help? For the past 2+ we...

Windows Backups
What is the best way to remove older backups from the restore window? I have some going back to Jan 1 2010. I'm using Windows 7. Restore points no problem. Any help appreciated, Badger If you are using Windows 7, why are you posting in a Windows XP newsgroup? "Badger" <jerrymcm@msn.com> wrote in message news:uOHKXmNCLHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... : What is the best way to remove older backups from the restore window? : I have some going back to Jan 1 2010. : I'm using Windows 7. : Restore points no problem. : : Any help appreciated, : Badger ...

Creating Buttons in Client Window
Using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 Trying to create a simple pushbutton in the client window. I can successfully show the button in the client window using the "Create" button with windows style "WS_VISIBLE" and the "GetParent" function as parameters. However, when I try to press the button, the button remains inactive like it is disabled. How can I activate this button so it is pressable. Thanks. "Carl Gibson" <cgibson@realspaceinc.com> wrote in message news:09ab01c39b13$3e9c2410$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 >...

Address book in Windows 2000
How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS environment? I had to rebuild my system after a file in Windows became corrupted. With the help of phone support, I got to the rebuilding of the file system and did not have the option to rebuild as FAT32. Now I am NTFS and would like to recover the address book (mailbox, a pab file) of which I have a saved copy in backup. Thanks for any help you can give me. No need to convert. Windows 2000 can read from both file systems without issues. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month...

the email task pane in Windows picture manager does not work.
The task pane comes up but it is greyed out and doesnt work . Cannot use any of the boxes Hi, options in Email Task Pane would only work, if you have Outlook installed on your computer. TC Srikanth "stewart4" wrote: > The task pane comes up but it is greyed out and doesnt work . Cannot use any > of the boxes ...

Ex 5.5
We're seeing an increasing number of emails rejected on our Exchange 5.5 mail system with the message: Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure -- these are emails being sent internally within our corporate domain (and not smtp outbound) - it's not all the time, but is definitely occuring - has anyone else seen this in their organization? Thx J ...

unable to send e-mails
When I try to send an e-mail, I get a message that the e-mail was undeliverable because "relaying is not allowed." Jonathan <toob5878@uidaho.edu> wrote: > When I try to send an e-mail, I get a message that the e-mail was > undeliverable because "relaying is not allowed." Are you properly authenticating to your ISP's outgoing server? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn'...

message window with if function
Hello, I have a worksheet with the date in the 1st column and other things like name, client type etc in the following columns. I wonder whether it would be possible to get a message window saying 'Please fill in the date' if the user fills in the name etc without filling in the date? Sort of checking if the date has been filled in when starting of after typing the name. Does my explanation makes sense? Thank you for your answers. Chris You could put a formula like this in a helper column: =3DIF(AND(B2<>"",A2=3D""),"Please fill in the date&qu...

Mail Accounts not registering
I have added new mail accounts to my Outlook, but they are not being queried during the send/receive mail process. When I go in to edite the all accounts setting, I get an operation failed message. I also cannot toggle between email accounts when trying to send a new message. This gets me a "fatal error" message. What's up all of this? Version of Outlook? Type of account? Any error codes? Have tested it with a clean profile already? Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backu...

Forwarding blocks Mails to user.
SBS 2003 I setup a new contact in the AD to with an email address of admin@user.freeserve.co.uk, I then went into the users properties, exchange general, delivery option, added the contact and put a tick in delivery message to both. Now the user receives no mail! I checked in tracking and it reports an NDR was generetated. Help! -- Kind Regards John. "John please don't spam me!" <Johnpleasedontspamme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >SBS 2003 > >I setup a new contact in the AD to with an email address of >admin@user.freeserve.co.uk, I then went into...

Can't delete e-mail
when I try to delete what is in my inbox i get the message "Message Interface has returned an unknown error." Any idea how to correct this? OL2002: Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813517 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Don Kelloway <dkelloway@commodon.com> typed: | "Alyssa" <info@advol.com> wrote in message | news:00c801c34b51$31dc4820$a001280a@phx.gbl... || when I t...

Random mail rejections from other domains
Exchange 2003 when users send mail to certain domains (especially hotmail and msn) it is randomly rejected. I have set up test accounts and they usually work but users continue to complain and give me printouts with error number 4.4.7 couldn't be delivered. I have checked our DNS and everything is in order. Any ideas on where I should be looking at this point ? Thanks in advance for the help. Hotmail servers are usually extremely busy and most of the time they don't accept the message on the first attempt. Make sure that the retry interval on your Exchange is long enough. dfb...

Mail merge in swedish?
I would like to know what Mail merge is in swedish. It's supposed to be under Tools (Verktyg) in Outlook 2003 but I can't find anything that resembles mail merge in the swedish version? Tack! Frida Frida - I believe it's on the Tools menu in Word, not in Outlook... HTH JeffG On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:13:02 -0800, "Frida" <Frida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to know what Mail merge is in swedish. It's supposed to be under >Tools (Verktyg) in Outlook 2003 but I can't find anything that resembles mail >merge in the swedish vers...

Mail not deliving to Outlook 2003
We use exchange 2003 SP2 on one server, one domain. I have one user that has trouble receiving mail from internal/office users intermittently in outlook 2003 SP3, on a windows XP professional SP3 computer. If they go to Outlook Web Access -- all of their mail is in their inbox in OWA, nothing was changed on their computer - hardware or software. She gets web mail in outlook, I can send mail to her from my hotmail account she get that no problem in outlook, I can also send mail to her from my OWA signon no problem. It's when internal/corporate users send to her she does ...

How do I find my SMTP to configure outgoing and incoming mail?
I am having some problems with Outlook. I have tried to get my yahoo mail directed to my inbox on outlook express but it isn't working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed Unless you are in a country other than the US or pay for a yahoo account, it won't work with Outlook or Outlook Express. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...