Will my sent e-mails be kept in the web server e-mail?

Hello,
I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure
that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in Windows
Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will add. I
would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Orabidreamer

Note that they type of account POP, IMAP, or HTTP will make a difference.
Check the box on each account setup that says, "Leave a copy on the server"
(Advanced tab).  If you have accounts that do not show that tab / box, let
us know what type they are and we can further advise how to handle those
accounts (the account type can be noted on the "Servers tab" in the account
setup).

"Orabidreamer" <Orabidreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure
> that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in
> Windows
> Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will add. I
> would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.
>
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Orabidreamer

0
slk759
3/5/2010 3:31:56 PM
"Orabidreamer" <Orabidreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure
> that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in
> Windows
> Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will add. I
> would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.
>
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Orabidreamer

There is a dependence on the mail server in use.   It has little to do with
the client.   In fact, many people use 3rd party servers for outgoing mail
because they cannot reliably connect to their "home" server when away from
home, often due to port blocking.

Not all servers store mail sent from clients.   Since you are the only
person who knows what those servers are, you'll need to test this yourself.

HTH
-pk

0
Patrick
3/6/2010 9:27:13 PM
Please define what you mean by "Windows Live"?  It is a whole group
of apps and services:
http://www.windowslive.com/Get

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Orabidreamer" <Orabidreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Hello,=20
> I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make =
sure=20
> that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in =
Windows=20
> Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will =
add. I=20
> would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.
>=20
> Thanking you in advance.
>=20
> Sincerely yours,
>=20
> Orabidreamer

0
Gary
3/6/2010 10:48:44 PM
Thank you very much for your reply Gary. I meant " Windows Mail" sorry about
that.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Please define what you mean by "Windows Live"?  It is a whole group
> of apps and services:
> http://www.windowslive.com/Get

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Orabidreamer" <Orabidreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBB5A256-15B8-4CA7-8E4E-913ADD46AFA6@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure
> > that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in Windows
> > Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will add. I
> > would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance.
> >
> > Sincerely yours,
> >
> > Orabidreamer
> >
> .

Thank you for your reply, Patrick.

"Patrick Keenan" wrote:

> "Orabidreamer" <Orabidreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure
> > that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in
> > Windows
> > Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will add. I
> > would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance.
> >
> > Sincerely yours,
> >
> > Orabidreamer
>
> There is a dependence on the mail server in use.   It has little to do with
> the client.   In fact, many people use 3rd party servers for outgoing mail
> because they cannot reliably connect to their "home" server when away from
> home, often due to port blocking.
>
> Not all servers store mail sent from clients.   Since you are the only
> person who knows what those servers are, you'll need to test this yourself.
>
> HTH
> -pk
>
> .

Thank you for your reply Slk759

"slk759" wrote:

> Note that they type of account POP, IMAP, or HTTP will make a difference.
> Check the box on each account setup that says, "Leave a copy on the server"
> (Advanced tab).  If you have accounts that do not show that tab / box, let
> us know what type they are and we can further advise how to handle those
> accounts (the account type can be noted on the "Servers tab" in the account
> setup).
>

> "Orabidreamer" <Orabidreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to make sure
> > that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both in
> > Windows
> > Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will add. I
> > would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance.
> >
> > Sincerely yours,
> >
> > Orabidreamer
> >
> .

Received emails will stay on the server if you configure Windows Mail
for that option. Sent emails are another issue. Most providers do not =
save
those to your webmail "Sent" folder. One workaround would be to always =
put
your own email address on the CC or BCC line of each message you send.

> Thank you very much for your reply Gary. I meant " Windows Mail" sorry =
about=20
> that.=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Please define what you mean by "Windows Live"?  It is a whole group
>> of apps and services:
>> http://www.windowslive.com/Get
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Orabidreamer" <Orabidreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:DBB5A256-15B8-4CA7-8E4E-913ADD46AFA6@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,=20
>> > I am interested in using Windows Mail but first I would like to =
make sure=20
>> > that all the e-mails I send using Windows Live will be saved both =
in Windows=20
>> > Live and the website version of each of  the e-mail accounts I will =
add. I=20
>> > would like to know if the same applies for the e-mails I receive.
>> >=20
>> > Thanking you in advance.
>> >=20
>> > Sincerely yours,
>> >=20
>> > Orabidreamer
>> >
>> .

0
Gary

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

How do Iimport my e-mails from my comcast e-mail to outlook
I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have my outlook setup properly, how would I know On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:57:03 -0700, Tonya wrote: > I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address > to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have > my outlook setup properly, how would I know There isn't an "Outlook address". MS Outlook is a mail client, your Comcast email address points to a server which...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Mutiple e-mails
I realize you probably get A LOT of e-mail, so I will keep it short. I just signed up with DSL, and I have multiple e-mails now. How can I have a separate inbox for each e-mail so I can use outlook for all of them without changing user names. Basically a separate inbox for each separate e-mail account, because one is for business, personal, and another is generic. Thank you in advance for your help. Will ...

sadfsadf e
asdas dsad ...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Interactive web spreaadsheet viewing
I built an interactive speadsheet for the internet in Excel XP and it works and looks fine from my PC, but when I go to another PC that doesn't have Office XP on it, I get an error message that states I need some kind of component to properly view the spreadsheet. Is this something I can get and if so, will it run from the server or does it need to be offered as a download, plugin, or whatever? Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...

Cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar
Problem Description: I cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar Problem Area: E-mail Problems Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 ...

Web toolbar button
Is it possible to have this button work properly in Firefox 5? Using XP sp3 operating system with "old" Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. Thank you in advance Am I being thick? I thought Firefox was only up to 3.6. I googled Firefox 5 and all I could find was a wood burner. "flynby" <jon-simek@hot.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23vxyDZgwKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have this button work properly in Firefox 5? Using XP > sp3 operating system with "old" > Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. > Th...

eConnect or Web Servies to create RMTransaciton?
Hello, I am new to GP 9.0 development using web services and eConnect. Can someone help me decide which technique I can use to do the following: In GP 9.0, if I go to: Transactions-->Sales-->Transaction Entry brings up the Receivables Transaction Entry screen, where I can fill in a number, batchid, customerid, and some sales figures, etc. I am using .NET and can use the eConnect API to create a taRMTransaction to submit using eConnect. And it works fine, the transaction creates in GP. Can I perform the same thing with any of the web methods available via the GP 9 web services? I ca...

Bad Mail
Is there a way to stop the bad mail buildup that is due to the sending of email to mailboxes that don't exist any more on our exchange server? Thanks, Steve You can create a batch file that deletes the contents of the folder, and schedule it to run automatically/daily. Steve wrote: > Is there a way to stop the bad mail buildup that is due > to the sending of email to mailboxes that don't exist any > more on our exchange server? > > Thanks, > Steve Is there any other way to just block incomming mail destined for these of email boxes? >-----Original Messa...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

Suggestions on how to create a database that will allow lookup of nonunique addresses for unique names
Hello: I am relatively new to access, though vaguely familiar with database concepts and Access jargon (i.e., queries). I need to do the following (see below) and I was hoping someone could tell me what is the best way (at a high level) to do this in Access. I have a large list of names and addresses thrown into a single flat table. There are many duplicates in the file. Somehow, I need to separate duplicate addresses from the file and place them in another table so that I can link the list of unique names to the addresses (i.e., a one to many relationship). My end users will be using the d...