Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
members�including Microsoft folks�are here to help. Get started by
searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
0
MS

"MS Answers Forum" <msanswersforums@msft.com> wrote in message
> Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
> search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
> members�including Microsoft folks�are here to help. Get started by
> searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

The same service was/is available via NNTP - so what?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
9/12/2010 12:14:28 AM
Not tomorrow.

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message =
>=20
> "MS Answers Forum" <msanswersforums@msft.com> wrote in message=20
>> Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you =
can=20
>> search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of =
community=20
>> members=97including Microsoft folks=97are here to help. Get started =
by=20
>> searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>=20
> The same service was/is available via NNTP - so what?
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/=20

0
Steve
9/12/2010 9:28:14 AM
??? (Sorry, been gone for a while.)

R.

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
Not tomorrow.

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> "MS Answers Forum" <msanswersforums@msft.com> wrote in message
>> Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
>> search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
>> members�including Microsoft folks�are here to help. Get started by
>> searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>
> The same service was/is available via NNTP - so what?
>

> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/

0
Rumpelstiltskin

Microsoft Certification -help
Hi All...Its been great being a part of this group.I am working on VC++(MFC) for the past 9 months.I thought of giving some certification exam.Side by side i have installed visual studio.net 2003 on my machine and i am getting working on visual c++.net...are there any certification exams which i can take ...please let me know if any one of you knows about it or has taken the same....If yes then please refer me some books which i need to go through..Please help me as it is very confusing on the microsoft website... Waiting eagerly for a reply.. Harsh Nanchahal. ...

Nobody answered question #67 and #68
I was wondering why ...

Microsoft's new Money 2008 naming scheme
While reading this recent article, it occurred to me that the new "Plus" may refer to what Ray Ozzie terms "software plus services". Here is the link and an excerpt: Microsoft Describes Technology Behind Software Plus Services http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135159/article.html "This services transformation, from software to software plus services, is a very very big deal for our company," said Ray Ozzie, chief software architect for Microsoft, speaking during his company's annual financial analyst meeting. "It will be a critical aspect of all o...

Microsoft Exchange servers strip all inline CSS styles in HTML emails
I need help. I've been search for the last 3 days without luck, so I'm posting. I'm helping out the team that sends out HTML emails to our subscribers, and we're running into an issue where Microsoft Exchange servers strip all CSS inline styles. Specifically, this tag: <p style="padding:0px 5px 0px 18px;font-family:Lucida Grande,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,san-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;color:#666;"> Gets rewritten as: <p style=""> and <td colspan="2" style="padding:20px 0 20px 0"> gets rewrit...

converter um ficheiro do Microsoft Money 2002 para o Microsoft mon
Utilizo regularmente o Microsoft Money 2002. Acontece que quero fazer o upgrade da versão para o Money 2006 mas tenho algumas dificuldades na conversão do ficheiro Quando incio o Money 2006 ale abre o ficheiro e pede a password. depois pede para converter o ficheiro e dá inicio ao processo. finalmente, aparece-me a mensagem de que o money 2006 não consegue converter o ficheiro porque foi criado numa versão diferente. Alguém me pode ajudar. Esta situação também me aconteceu com o money 2005 e 2004. Jorge ...

gmail and microsoft mail
i've attempted all the remedies i can find on line but cannot get mail gmail to sync w/ mail. i can get e-mail at google. here is the message i recieve (common) but still no go when verifying all my setting options in mail. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E thanks in advance! Your settings look good. That error can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As...

Cannot find microsoft live sign in page?
I have signed up & posted a question on Microsoft Live. Now, I cannot find microsoft live sign in page? Duh! You can find the web based version of this newsgroup here; http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general The sign in link is at the top right. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "DeLoy" <DeLoy@discu...

cannot delete mail in Microsoft Outlook
Hello...I cannot delete messages in Microsoft Outlook. When I try to delete it from the right-click menu and/or the delete button it says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook (which doesn't work). When I try to drag e-mails to the deleted files folder, I get the message "Can't move the items" Any ideas? Thank you in advance. -- Mister Sam www.mistersam.com sam@mistersam.com I have been having the same problem since last Friday. Is it a virus? Bill >-----Original Message----- >Hello...I cannot d...

NT Backup Cannot backup Microsoft Exchange Server
1) Yes, we replaced the required files: NTBackup.exe, Edbbcli.dll, Edbback.dll and Msvcrt40.dll files in ...- Root\System32\. 2) Yes, we can remote backup from another Exchange Server 3) No, we can not run NTBackup from the Exchange Server the message return is: "the server is not a Microsoft Exchange mail server" Thanks for your help ...

IE8 Can't see Reply Icon in forum site
I end up needing to use Netscape Navigator to see the whole content of a forum web site I visit regularly. In IE 8 it shows me a whole different view of what I get in Netscape. IE8 shows no reply icons and all the subjects in the forum are listed with the headings only and not the replies. This is very frustrating and inconventient. I have tried clicking the compatibility icon but this makes no difference. Any suggestions short of changing permanently to Netscape to visit this website? Netscape Navigator has not been updated in years. It does not support current web softw...

Tab key problem in Microsoft Office Excel 2003
I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and now when I am using Excel and hit the tab key, the cursor always jumps to cell P rather than moving to the adjacient cell to the right. How do I correct this? Whether this is happening in new workbook also or in a specific file only? -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "SFG" wrote: > I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and now when I am using Excel and > hit the tab key, the cursor always jumps to cell P rather than moving to the > adjacient cell to the right. How do I corre...

Microsoft Money has stopped working
I have MS Money 2003 Standard. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista Business and when I load Money it seems to work fine with the blank Money file installed as standard. As soon as I try to open one of my files, it tries to update the database to the current version which seems weird as it is the same disc installation I was using on my XP machine. Just after the "update" starts it gives me the "Microsoft Money has stopped working" error and tries to contact Microsoft for a reason. No reason comes back so it restarts Money. Please help as I really need ...

Microsoft Money bug when entering tax payment
I don't know where to report Microsoft Money bugs so I'll post it here in case anyone from Microsoft reads it. When you enter a tax payment into Microsoft Money it asks you what tax year to apply the payment to. I like to enter checks into Money when I write them so that I can always know how much money to keep in the account but since the check hasn't cleared yet I don't enter the date. Microsoft Money then doesn't know which tax years to display so it displays two random numbers instead. This bug has been there since I starting using Money in 2002. In microsoft.public.mo...

Microsoft Query security
Is there a way to have the functionality of Microsoft Query and yet prevent a user from creating a new database connection & query that would allow access to records for editing? There must be a way of turning this functionality off unless it is inside a Workbook or VBA situation. If not then this presents a serious security hole. Thanks. John. ...

Unable to update Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack
Automatic Update keeps telling me that it is unable to update Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack. I am using Windows XP Professional with service pack 3. Each time it fails to update, the Automatic Update icon reappears and it tries to do the same update. The update fails again, even after rebooting. ...

crm 1.2 Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy
I'm looking for information on whether CRM 1.2 was ever covered under the original Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy announced back on October 15, 2002. The new Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy updated June 1, 2004 (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifepolicy) states: Consumer, Hardware, Multimedia, and Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) products Microsoft will offer Mainstream support for either a minimum of 5 years from the date of a product's general availability, or for 2 years after the successor product (N+1) is released, whichever is longer. Extended...

Is Microsoft works spreadsheet the same as Excel?
I just purchases Microsoft works and they have a spreadsheet. I am only familiar with Excel. Is the spreadsheet in Works the same as Excel? I think they are vaguely similar, but Works is the "watered down" version. Excel cannot read Works files, but in Works you can save a file in Excel format and later open it in Excel. On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:42:03 -0700, "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just purchases Microsoft works and they have a spreadsheet. I am only >familiar with Excel. Is the spreadsheet in Works the same as Excel? ...

Microsoft Word for Mac 2008
I cannot read Simplified Chinese documents encoding GB font and others. Whereas In Microsoft office 2003 for windows, I can change the encoding from the View drop down menu. But no such option exist on view menu on Mac Office. Please advise.<br> <br> TKH8 Did you install the Chinese fonts? If you did, it works: Chinese is visible here on my computer. I know: I had to install 20 MB worth of Fonts for my friend in Zhongshan town, Guangzhou so she could do her email :-) Cheers On 6/02/08 8:16 PM, in article ee8c4f5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "tkh8@officeformac.com" &...

'About' Microsoft Excel 2007 (under Help)
In previous versions of any Office program you could go to Help/About Microsoft Excel and find out the version used as well as any updates i.e. SP3. Where does this information reside in Office 2007? Office Button (top left hand corner) Excel Options (lower right hand corner) Resources (lower left hand side) About (the last option on the page) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Essentials_Carol" wrote: > In previous versions of any Office program you could go to Help/About > Microsoft Excel and find out the version used a...

User Manager Wizard and Microsoft CRM Security Service
I am trying to run Microsoft CRM Standard Suite on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. I have followed all of the instructions in the Implementation Guide, but when I try to add users, it gives me this error message: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager." In the error log, I get these messages (oldest to newest): Source: W3SVC-WP Event Id: 2214 Description: The HTTP Filter DLL c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bin\fpexedll.dll. The data i...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Tax
In CRM 3.0 quotes and invoices, there is a tax calculation. where in the system are you able to enter the amount of tax eg. uk VAT @ 17.5% I have been through the system for 3 days and cant find it. also, no mention in the help files. You can specify the tax on the form where you add a product to the Quote/Invoice, so that's on the InvoiceDetail and QuoteDetail entities. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Stephen McGuigan" <Stephen McGuigan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D5FAF27-4BE6-40F3-A0F4-01A8F1288D31@microsoft...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 04-04-06
This message comes from the Microsoft CRM Server Setup. The crm30svrsetup.log has error - 14:36:41| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. When you press help I get a "Mal-formed XML found in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Exported Saved Queries" which explains nothing! Somebody else must have a similar error! ......... Bob H Hi Bob, We had this with a customer. We ended up un-installing MS CRM 1.2 and running MS CRM 3 install by simply connecting to the 1.2 db's. However, we ran a series of scripts against the CRM db's (before 3 se...

**** Immediate Opening for a Senior Microsoft Solution Architect ****
**** Immediate Opening for a Senior Microsoft Solution Architect **** Our client is a Fortune 10 company, and provides customers the ability to out-task or completely out-source IT infrastructure programs and projects. Sales and Service delivery capabilities in major North American markets across the United States and Canada are augmented through strategic partners to provide global coverage. Seeking a Senior Level Solutions Architect with detailed experience with Windows, Exchange and Active Directory. Willing to travel in the New York City area. Job Description: The Solution Architect&#...

Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework could not initialize
Hi, I've got CRM 3.0 installed with roll-ups. I've installed the DMF so I can import a large number of records but each time I try to start it up I get the above error. The detailed information says :- * The Microsoft CRM Server is not responding. A WhoAmI() call did not succeed. * SOAP Server Application Faulted Nothing is showing in the event logs and I've checked that the IIS service is working correctly and the databases is also contactable. I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting the problem because I can't see how I can trace what its doing. I've ...

Microsoft Forms 2.0 Label(FM20.dll) in VC2005
I use VS2005 standard edition to create MFC dialog based app, put MSForm2.0Label activeX control on the dialog, it is ok to show it. After I move "CPaintDC dc(this);" to the first line of OnPaint function, the label is not showed when I run it. CPaintDC dc(this); //this will cause the label not be showed. if (IsIconic()) { // CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting ..... This is worked in VC6. Thank you very much in advance. ...