Using Windows Mail in Windows & - $%#$$%#@! MS ruined it!

I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.

Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
it has stopped working.

It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
interface never appears.

I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.

Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?

Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
that they can and to stop us using it?

Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
:-(

And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

See the thread "Windows Update kills Windows Mail on Windows 7" 12 May 2010.

Replace msoe.dll in W7 with an updated version from Vista.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
> computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
>
> Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
> it has stopped working.
>
> It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
> interface never appears.
>
> I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
> started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
> that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>
> Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
>
> Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
> that they can and to stop us using it?
>
> Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
> :-(
>
> And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!
>

> --
> ----------------
> Stubbo of Oz
> ----------------

0
mac
5/15/2010 7:21:39 AM
On 5/15/2010 08:57, Stubbo of Oz wrote:
> I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
> computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
>
> Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
> it has stopped working.
>
> It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
> interface never appears.
>
> I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
> started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
> that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>
> Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
>
> Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
> that they can and to stop us using it?
>
> Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
> :-(
>
> And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!

It appears like it stopped working for more people after this update.
One user on a forum says this:
-------
You need the 1/19/2008 version of msoe.dll. I guess the latest update
changed this file. I renamed the new version (dated 3/4/2010) and copied
my old Vista version back into the C:\Program Files\Windows Mail folder,
and Mail started right up.

I hope I don't have to repeat this process after every Windows Update in
the future.

For those that want the file, I uploaded it to Rapidshare so go for it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/386489896/msoe.dll
-------
http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/84351-windows-mail-stopped-working-after-updates-today.html

I hope that will do the trick. Here's another page I came over that also
mentions msoe.dll and links to download both 32- and 64-bit versions:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/5481-windows-mail.html
0
Jackie
5/15/2010 7:28:35 AM
"Jackie" <Jackie@an.on> wrote in message

> It appears like it stopped working for more people after this update. One
> user on a forum says this:
> -------
> You need the 1/19/2008 version of msoe.dll.

You should use the latest, updated version of msoe.dll from Vista with
KB978542 installed.
Dated 29th Jan 2010.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
5/15/2010 7:43:09 AM
I posted this in this newsgroup less than 12 hours before you posted.  =
Next time read the messages and you will find an answer.

Recently a patch (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978542) was released =
that addressed a security issue in Windows Mail.  Those using Windows =
Mail in Windows 7 found that Windows Mail no longer functioned properly, =
as they had hacked the program by replacing the msoe.dll file with one =
from Vista, thereby de-crippling Windows Mail so it would then function =
as client application.  When the update was applied, the hacked msoe.dll =
was replaced by a new Windows 7 version of the dll, which again crippled =
Windows Mail.

The obvious solution was to replace the dll with the Vista dll again, =
which then restored the functionality.  However, replacing the Win7 =
patched dll with the Vista unpatched dll, resorts in ther user being =
subject to the security vulnerability.  The user would be more likely to =
have protection against the vulnerability, if they used the patched =
Vista msoe.dll (although there is no guarantee that that version will in =
fact protect in Win7, as the scenario is untested).

Some have posted links to non-Microsoft websites in order for those who =
wish to obtain the patched Vista versions of the msoe.dll.  However, one =
can question the security of such websites and the files they provide as =
well as consider that Microsoft does not support distribution of its =
dlls.

Consequently, it is best if the user obtains the patched dlls from =
Microsoft directly.   For the given KB article referenced above, the =
files can be downloaded here:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=3Dkb978542

To extract the dlls from the downloaded files see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928636

In the future, this situation will occur everytime Windows Mail is =
patched in Windows 7, as msoe.dll will be replaced each time.  So in the =
future, anyone who is hacking Windows 7 by replacing msoe.dll from =
Vista, will continue to have to get the patched version of the Vista dll =
and replace it, as in this situation.

steve

MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail

"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message =
>I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
> computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
>=20
> Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
> it has stopped working.=20
>=20
> It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
> interface never appears.
>=20
> I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
> started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
> that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>=20
> Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
>=20
> Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
> that they can and to stop us using it?
>=20
> Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
> :-(
>=20
> And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> ----------------
> Stubbo of Oz
> ----------------
0
Steve
5/15/2010 12:04:02 PM
Its inappropriate to distribute Microsoft dlls.  The user can get the =
patched dll directly from Microsoft:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=3Dkb978542

To extract the dlls from the downloaded files see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928636

steve

"Jackie" <Jackie@an.on> wrote in message =
> On 5/15/2010 08:57, Stubbo of Oz wrote:
>> I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
>> computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
>>
>> Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
>> it has stopped working.
>>
>> It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
>> interface never appears.
>>
>> I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
>> started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
>> that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>>
>> Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
>>
>> Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
>> that they can and to stop us using it?
>>
>> Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
>> :-(
>>
>> And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!
>>

> It appears like it stopped working for more people after this update.=20
> One user on a forum says this:
> -------
> You need the 1/19/2008 version of msoe.dll. I guess the latest update=20
> changed this file. I renamed the new version (dated 3/4/2010) and =
copied=20
> my old Vista version back into the C:\Program Files\Windows Mail =
folder,=20
> and Mail started right up.
>=20
> I hope I don't have to repeat this process after every Windows Update =
in=20
> the future.
>=20
> For those that want the file, I uploaded it to Rapidshare so go for =
it:
>=20
> http://rapidshare.com/files/386489896/msoe.dll
> -------
> =
http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/84351-windows-mail-stopped-worki=
ng-after-updates-today.html
>=20
> I hope that will do the trick. Here's another page I came over that =
also=20
> mentions msoe.dll and links to download both 32- and 64-bit versions:
> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/5481-windows-mail.html
0
Steve
5/15/2010 12:05:53 PM
On Sat, 15 May 2010 16:57:46 +1000, Stubbo of Oz
<stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
>computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
>
>Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
>it has stopped working.
>
>It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
>interface never appears.
>
>I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
>started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
>that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>
>Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
>
>Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
>that they can and to stop us using it?
>
>Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
>:-(
>
>And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!

Thanks for all the replies.

Windows Mail now working again!! Got the dll from my updated Vista
partition.

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
<scochran@oehelp.com> wrote:

>I posted this in this newsgroup less than 12 hours before you posted.  Next time read the messages and you will find an answer.
>
> Snip ....................

Steve - sorry I missed your previous post - I had already deleted old
ones before I struck my problem and googling did not seem to come up
with anything - maybe I phrased my Google query wrongly :-(

You said in earlier post that you are working on a page "how to use OE
or WinMail in Win7". I hope you will post a link to it here when it
becomes available,

Cheers .............

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

> [...]
> >I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
> > computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
> >
> > Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
> > it has stopped working.
> >
> > It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
> > interface never appears.
> >
> > I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
> > started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
> > that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
> >
> > Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
> >
> > Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
> > that they can and to stop us using it?
> >
> > Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
> > :-(
> >
> > And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!

It is one of the answers in this thread.

Note that there is a good likelihood that future Win7 updates will =
continue
to 'break' Windows Mail, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"WBF" <WBF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> [...]
ago
>> > it has stopped working.
>> >
>> > It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the =
user
>> > interface never appears.
>> >
>> > I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
>> > started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no =
doubt
>> > that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>> >
>> > Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this =
experience?

>> > Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show =
us
>> > that they can and to stop us using it?
>> >
>> > Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
>> > :-(
>> >
>> > And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that =

0
Gary
5/16/2010 10:00:20 PM
"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

Note that there is a good likelihood that future Win7 updates will continue
to 'break' Windows Mail, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Prophet of doom!!

This one was beaten off.

Bring it on :-))

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
5/17/2010 12:43:29 AM
> On Sat, 15 May 2010 08:04:02 -0400, "Steve Cochran"
> <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote:
>=20
>>I posted this in this newsgroup less than 12 hours before you posted.  =
Next time read the messages and you will find an answer.

>> Snip ....................
>=20
> Steve - sorry I missed your previous post - I had already deleted old
> ones before I struck my problem and googling did not seem to come up
> with anything - maybe I phrased my Google query wrongly :-(
>=20
> You said in earlier post that you are working on a page "how to use OE
> or WinMail in Win7". I hope you will post a link to it here when it
> becomes available,
>=20

Yes.  One option involves running XP in Virtual mode and then one can =
use OE from the Virtual machine.  One can actually clone one's old XP =
machine and run it as an application from the Win7 Desktop.  Its quite =
easy.  See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ee656415.aspx

steve

> Cheers .............
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> ----------------
> Stubbo of Oz
> ----------------
0
Steve
5/19/2010 12:02:08 PM
Hey, Get with the Program!

steve

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>=20
>=20
> Note that there is a good likelihood that future Win7 updates will =
continue
> to 'break' Windows Mail, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.
>=20
> Prophet of doom!!
>=20
> This one was beaten off.
>=20
> Bring it on :-))
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/=20

0
Steve
5/19/2010 12:08:47 PM

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7
>> computer for nearly 6 months without any problems.
>>
>> Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago
>> it has stopped working.
>>
>> It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user
>> interface never appears.
>>
>> I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
>> started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt
>> that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>>
>> Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
>>
>> Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
>> that they can and to stop us using it?
>>
>> Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
>> :-(
>>
>> And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that either!!

I am not having a problem with Windows Mail in Windows 7 64 bit  after
applying KB978542, but upon checking I find that I have msoe.dll dated
3/4/2010 size 1.582 KB. Is this an infected module?

Bob

0
Bob
5/20/2010 4:04:34 AM
Mine is dated 1/29/2010, 1579 KB. I copied it from an updated Vista
computer. Yours may be the Windows 7 patched version, which for most
users crippled Windows Mail in Windows 7.

"Bob Kulp" <pluker@comcast.net> wrote in message =
>=20
> I am not having a problem with Windows Mail in Windows 7 64 bit  after =

> applying KB978542, but upon checking I find that I have msoe.dll dated =

> 3/4/2010 size 1.582 KB. Is this an infected module?
0
Gary
5/20/2010 4:53:29 AM
"Bob Kulp" <pluker@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I am not having a problem with Windows Mail in Windows 7 64 bit  after
> applying KB978542, but upon checking I find that I have msoe.dll dated
> 3/4/2010 size 1.582 KB. Is this an infected module?
>
> Bob

Windows Mail, or Windows LIVE Mail?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
5/20/2010 9:14:24 AM

> Windows Mail, or Windows LIVE Mail?

Wrong thread, please ignore.

--
Regards Steve.

0
mac
5/20/2010 9:59:05 AM
No, it is correct.  You can check the article referenced below, but the =
64 bit msoe.dll is about that size if I remember. =20

You are not posting with Windows Mail.  You are posting with Windows =
Live Mail, so you are not impacted by the update in the sense of the =
subject line of this thread.

steve

"Bob Kulp" <pluker@comcast.net> wrote in message =
>=20
>=20
> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message=20
>> I posted this in this newsgroup less than 12 hours before you posted. =

>> Next time read the messages and you will find an answer.
>>

>> Recently a patch (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978542) was =
released=20
>> that addressed a security issue in Windows Mail.  Those using Windows =
Mail=20
>> in Windows 7 found that Windows Mail no longer functioned properly, =
as=20
>> they had hacked the program by replacing the msoe.dll file with one =
from=20
>> Vista, thereby de-crippling Windows Mail so it would then function as =

>> client application.  When the update was applied, the hacked msoe.dll =
was=20
>> replaced by a new Windows 7 version of the dll, which again crippled=20
>> Windows Mail.
>>
>> The obvious solution was to replace the dll with the Vista dll again, =

>> which then restored the functionality.  However, replacing the Win7=20
>> patched dll with the Vista unpatched dll, resorts in ther user being=20
>> subject to the security vulnerability.  The user would be more likely =
to=20
>> have protection against the vulnerability, if they used the patched =
Vista=20
> [...]
doubt
>>> that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience?
>>>
>>> Are MS purposely disabling Windows Mail in Windows 7 just to show us
>>> that they can and to stop us using it?
>>>
>>> Oh well, I guess I will have to try #$&*(#$ Windows Live Mail again
>>> :-(
>>>
>>> And before someone says "use Thunderbird" Ii don't like that =
either!!

>>> --=20
>>> ----------------
>>> Stubbo of Oz
>>> ----------------
>=20
> I am not having a problem with Windows Mail in Windows 7 64 bit  after =

> applying KB978542, but upon checking I find that I have msoe.dll dated =

> 3/4/2010 size 1.582 KB. Is this an infected module?

0
Steve

Hide Frame window on load
Hi, I have an SDI application, and I want that the CFrameWnd object will not be visible when InitInstance is called. I tried not to call m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW), but the window is been seen for a short period of time. (I think its happens in "ProcessShellCommand" method). How can I make my main window hidden (or at least minimized) on start, without any flickering ? Yoav. >I have an SDI application, and I want that the CFrameWnd object will not be >visible when InitInstance is called. >I tried not to call m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW), but the window...

To resize the font on the buttons in MFC GUI, Windows CE
I have a GUI written in MFC for a Windows CE device. However I need to resize some of the buttons and their corresponding text. I can't figure out how to change font size. The following code fragments did not help: Trial 1: *CFont fnt2; fnt2.CreateFont(10, 0, 0, 0, FW_NORMAL, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, ANSI_CHARSET, OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH, L"MS Shell Dlg"); m_btnForceAnalog.SetFont(&fnt2); fnt2.Detach(); Trial 2: LOGFONT lf; memset(&lf,0,sizeof(LOGFONT)); lf.lfHeight = 5; // Request a 100-pixel-height font // D...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

Recovering deleted mails when retention policy is set
If the "recover deleted mails" option does not show any mails available to recover, how do i restore a users deleted mails? We have a retention policy set, and I'm wondering if the mails are retained somewhere on the exchange server even if they don't show as available for reovery via Outlook? if the emails were "hard deleted", see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246153/en-us if they don't show up there, either, the user has gone into the dumpster and "purged" email...your only option after that is to restore from backup... -- Susan Con...

wm 11 media sharing window does not display icon for unk. device
I have ATT. Uverse which uses a residential gateway to connect all my TV's to cable channels and also my computer to broadband internet. I have spent approx. 4 hours on the phone with ATT TECHS. and about the same amount of time With microsoft, including about two hours with their advanced research department trying to get my computer to share media files with my TV. It is a feature that I would love to get working but so far, nobody has been able to figure out. My tv searches for Media when I enable it. It finds nothing. Windows Media Player is supposed to display an ic...

we have 2 OE email accts
My husband and I both have new Outlook Express email accts. However, it appears the same message is received in both our accts. How can I separate incoming mail to the proper accts? thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/ --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Outlook 2007 Mail fails to Send, stuck in Outbox
I use MSOutlook 2007. Accounts setup correctly etc. I have tested the account and it comes back fine without errors. Everything has been working fine until - I was in My Documents and chose to send a document to 'email recipient' by right clicking on the document. It went right to Outlook and appeared to be sending. It remained in the Outbox and I kept doing a send/receive. All the while it stays in the Outbox and doensn't appear in the Sent Items folder. I discovered it IS sending as the recipient received it several times. I have re-booted etc. still does this. I have dele...

MS Word 2003 Saving
I have MS Word 2003 and am having troubling saving documents. The options of Save and Save As are visible, but when I click them nothing happens. Please advise. ...

Using bookmarks to select a record after form requery
I have a continuous form in an ADP linked to a SQL view. The view contains both ordering and filtering. The form is designed to display invoice lines... Some items in the invoice are grouped under a parent, and the parent line denoted by a field itemParentID, pointing to the primary key of the parent line. One field on the form is a price. When changing the price on a part which is from a group, the overall price gets updated, and vice versa. This happens in a stored procedure. What I want to happen, is that in the OnExit event for the price text box, the stored procedure is called, the form...

Workflow, using a timer?
hi, i'm confused about how the timer works when creating a workflow. Lets say i want a workflow that checks that after a lead is being made, and no changes have been made in the lead for the next ten minutes, a task will be sent to someone that he should qualify the lead. This is what i do: Type entity: Lead Create When a lead is created if lead.changed on is null (rough translation i'm using Dutch CRM) then wait for 10 minutes (option 1; from now on) end if Task:please upgrade leads When a lead is being created the task instantly appears, but i want it to appear only w...

Backup and Restore database using T-SQL
Hello, Is it possible to backup and restore a database using T-SQL? I need to backup the database, log and filegroup to a specific folder and verify that everything is ok. And later I would like to restore it. I suppose I can't backup and restore the User, Login, Role, etc ... Thank You, Miguel "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:04975680-ba45-4b3e-af33-26ce24bccbf3@e5g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is it possible to backup and restore a database using T-SQL? Yes - you can read about the commands in the online ...

Subject Line for E-mail Template
I am creating E-mail Templates; I put a subject line in the template and save it. When I insert the template into e-mail to be sent the subject line does not copy over. Why? If I send out e-mail as part of a workflow will I have the same result? Thank you. Hi Ken if you use the INSERT TEMPLATE option in Activity Emails, the Subject Line doesn't copy over, but if you use the workflow, it will. -Mark "Ken Schisler" wrote: > I am creating E-mail Templates; I put a subject line in the template and save > it. When I insert the template into e-mail to be sent the subje...

What is error# 0x80040102, my Domino connector is not reading mail
My calendar & tasks are read by the outlook easily but fails to read mails. It's working for perfect for a collague but fails on me every time. Finally this is the error which is shown by the replicator. ...

Exchange using SMTP Auth as a client
We need to configure our Exchange Server to get mail from another server as a client using SMTP Auth. I'm a long way from knowing much about Exchange, but if anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. dlzink@facetcomputers.com Exchange isn't a mail client and can't be configured to "get" e-mail from other servers. Can you please explain in greater detail exactly what you are trying to do? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "DavidZ121&...

SQL Report using data from Multiple GP Companies
Is it possible to create a SQL Reporting Services report that will pull the same fields of data from more than one GP company? For instance, we have a customer that would like to pull Fixed Asset information from multiple GP companies. (Asset ID, Asset Description, Original Life in Years, Placed in Service Date, Cost Basis, Accumulated Depreciation, Net Book Value). I would assume you would have to create a data connections for each GP Company. But then would you create a separate table on the report for each company? Or would you use subreports? Just wondering if anyone has done it and...

E-mail Addresses Tab Not Displaying in AD Users and Computers
Howdy, With Win2k3 & Exchange 2k3 SP2. I have several users that are not displaying the "E-mail Addresses" Tab on the properties of their user object. As well they do not list in the GAL. Any ideas or pointers would be helpful. Thanks, Dan Foxley That would suggest that they are not mail or mailbox enabled. In ADUC right click, Exchange tasks.... Nue <danfoxley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146514613.576153.123400@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Howdy, > > With Win2k3 & Exchange 2k3 SP2. I have several users that are not > displaying the "...

how to append date to table name using mk table qry
I am using a make table query to archieve data in a table. I would like to append the date / time behind the table name during the process. What is the best method for accomplishing this. On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:02:01 -0800, Make table query <Make table query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using a make table query to archieve data in a table. I would like to >append the date / time behind the table name during the process. What is the >best method for accomplishing this. Sorry, but that's a very bad idea. An archive should be stored external to t...

Excel using =RC[-1] format and I don't want it
On this machine only, Excel will use the format =RC[-1] when I am entering a formula on the command line by hand and click on a cell to reference it in the formula. I don't know how this got on but I would like it to go off. On my other machines, it does the old familiar A1:B2 style of cell reference. I can't even search for how to fix it since I can't determine what this is called so I can turn it off. The only reference I have seen is a button that is only effective for macro creating and I am not creating a macro, just a formula, interactively, in the cell. How ...

excel e-mail file
i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >-----Original Message----- >i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. >i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. >is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >. >never mind, i was able to open it with microsoft access. Hi there is a free Excel viewer available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA- 4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN HTH Frank anonymous@discussions.m...

How to make outlook the default mail client
In my outlook express I see that in the options it is indicated that outlook express is the default email client. Then I look in outlook 2003 and I see in its options that it shows it is te default email client. There's a contradiction here, how do I fix that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs Tab. Set your defaults from there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious he...

how to use _snscanf?
Hello I would like to use function _snscanf for parsing strings. Although I included #include <stdio.h> I am getting error error C2065: '_snscanf' : undeclared identifier Thanks in advance for any help Vaclav --- Odchoz� zpr�va neobsahuje viry. Zkontrolov�no antivirov�m syst�mem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz). Verze: 6.0.529 / Virov� b�ze: 324 - datum vyd�n�: 16.10.2003 hi, I could not find the declaration of _snscanf in the msdn. But the msdn site -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/vclrfsnscanfsnwscanf.asp shows that its ...

Workflow Rules and E-Mail Templates
We'd like to send an e-mail to a specific mailbox every time an account or contact is created that includes the data fields from the object. Is there any way to e-mail the data fields through workflow without using an e-mail template? I'm asking because when you use an e-mail template, the recipient field is disabled in the workflow (which makes no sense why it disables the field). I know I can use a post-URL action, but that's a lot of work to just send an e-mail with the data fields. Thanks, Roy There is an unsupported/undocumented method of adding dynamic data to em...

How do I open a specific worksheet using windows exp...
We use a home software at work to manage our shop maintenance actions and sometimes, we attach an excel workbook to compile data. We can also print the Excel workbook automatically when we print the desired maintenance action. It then prints the workbook in it's last configuration (most of the time, the wrong worksheet). I want to add a command to the link in the home software so that the Excel workbook always opens on the correct worksheet. The links in the home software act exactly the same as if you type an address in windows explorer. More precisely I want to open the workshee...

cant receive mail unless relaunch outlook
exchange 2000 sp3, post sp3 rollup outlook xp or 2003 the problems are only experienced by some users, not all. and it happens with both outlook xp and 2003. problem 1: an internal user will send an email to another internal user. the user will not receive the email even when manually clicking send/receive. if he closes outlook and relaunches it, then he receives the message. problem 2: remote user connect to office via vpn and runs outlook. 5 or 6 messages arrive and no more. waiting and/or hitting send/receive still produces no more messages. closing and relaunching outlook will bring in ...

Exchange over Internet Mailbox simultaneous using
I have implemented Exchange over the Internet. At one location I have a mailbox where 4 PC's use the mailbox at the same time. They will be viewing the same mailbox and sending/receiving as well. I have noticed at the office a problem with connection. There is a constant popup exclamation saying "Requesting Data from Microsoft Exchange". Have read this usually means poor Network Throughput if it pops up constantly like it is at my office. Would having 4 users having the same mailbox open at the same time be an issue to look at further? Or should Exchange handle these reques...