Trying to synch w/ my live.com account

I am receiving error message:
 Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!',
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
0x800CCC90

after going to this address
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry and
putting in the suggestions there. It does not give me an option to choose a
(Port... ).

Help?
-Angie

0
Angie

In Windows Mail go to to Tools, Accounts, select that account, =
Properties,
Advanced. Then change that port 110 to port 995. Also enable the
the SSL option (two places).=20
=20
Part of your problem is caused by allowing your antivirus to mess with
your email program.=20
Your AVG antivirus was probably installed with its default install =
option,
which installs an email scanning module. Disabling it's email scanning =
is=20
not a sufficient remedy. Uninstall AVG, then reinstall, but select =
'custom'=20
install, which then allows you to unselect installing its troublesome =
email=20
scanning module.
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Angie S" <angie.s84@live.com> wrote in message =
>I am receiving error message:
> Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, =
Server=20
> Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail =
server!',=20
> Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:=20
> 0x800CCC90
>=20
> after going to this address=20
> http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry =
and=20
> putting in the suggestions there. It does not give me an option to =
choose a=20
> (Port... ).
>=20
> Help?
> -Angie=20

0
Gary

help on adding a commandbar using VB com addin
Adding Commandbar to the New Mail message Inspector Window I was trying to add a new tool bar and also customize my new toolbar t automatically contain some commands programmatically. I wanna write COM add-in to OutLook that adds a new toolbar to the OutLook' Toolbar. This tool bar should apear only in new mail window. There are two commands(buttons) by name "Digitally sign Message" an "Encrypt Message Contents and Attachments". These are present in the Tools -> Customize -> Commands -> I categories select Standard -> on the Right side, if you scroll do...

Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup
On the Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup there is a line for an account titled "Inventory Returns". Does anyone know on what type of transaction this account will be used? Also, should it be a balance sheet or income statement account? Thanks, Gene Gene, This account will be used on Sales Order Processing and Invoicing Return transactions if you have set up your system to use posting accounts from Item (instead of from Customer) in SOP or Invoicing Setup. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Sub Accounts : Owners
We have Resellers & Sub Accounts. The Owner of a Reseller is a sales person, the Owner of a Sub-Account is Customer Care. How do we reassign a Reseller to another sales person with out the Sub Account Owner's name being changed to the same sales person? We can manually change the Owner of these Sub Accounts, but this is a tedious process. Can anyone advise pse? Tracy Hi, In Microsoft CRM this has to do with the behavior of the relationship. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the behavior for subaccounts. If you change the ownership of an account the owner of the subac...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

Import Accounts
Can I import accounts from an Excel spreadsheet or csv ?. You would need to use the Data Migration Framework (DMF) for the correct approach There is an alternative but it is going to be time consuming if there are a lot of Accounts. That is to import them as Leads and then to convert them to Accounts. However, each Lead needs to be manually converted to the Account and the Lead record type would not have as much information associated with it. Also, if you then decide to delete the Leads you need to remove the Originating Lead field value in the Account first. ...

Accounts in different currencies
I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >-----Original Message----- >I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way >to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >. >Go to the account, and choose Change Account Details from the menu on the left side of the screen. One of the details is the account currency. ...

Accessing Fidelity mySmart Cash Bank Accounts
I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments category. I would like to find a way, however, for it to be listed separately, as a checking account under Bank Accounts, separate from my investment account with Fidelity. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, Igzabether wrote: >I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I >set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments >category. I would like to fin...

I am having difficulties with emails w/my outlook
I can't recieve any emails. Your post is a little vague. Before I or others can help can you answer a few questions, please: Do you receive any errors? Have you received mail before with Outlook on this machine? What ISP are you using? "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967F8800-F211-4542-A119-2AC2CC4B5B37@microsoft.com... >I can't recieve any emails. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:17:03 -0700, Suzanne wrote: > I can't recieve any emails. Did you configure an email account for MS Outlook? Either a POP3 server, or an IMAP se...

POS and Accounting
I have MS Dynamics POS and MS Accounting 2007 integrated on a network and they are talking and sharing info. What I need to know is how can I set up a charge account for customers and be ale to ring up a charge on the POS computer and have it show up in the accounting software. The problem I am having is I ring up a charge at the POS and it subtracts from the inventory, and then when I create an invoice for the same item it subtracts from the inventory once again. Is there a way around this problem? On Feb 23, 4:45=A0pm, Hal in NE <Hali...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I ...

Changing Bill Account Number
I am trying to change the account number that coincides with a telephone bill. (The account number changed when I moved). But when I go into the account details and click the link for 'Account number', the account number field is grayed out and not editable. I've been paying this bill online using a debit card for the past few months because I cannot change this number. Back in October, when they reassigned my old phone number to somebody new, my bill was payed to the wrong account. (I am still fighting this too). Why is it so hard to change bill account numbers in this...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

Moving Exchange accounts in 2000
I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of those accounts believe they are on an Exchange 5.5 server that no longer exists. Using AD I cannot delete or move the exchange part of these accounts unless I delete the account entirely, which I don't wish to do, does anyone know of a way to cancel out the Exchange settings on those accounts? On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:15:03 -0700, "Fate_of_Tai-Eliel" <Fate_of_Tai-Eliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of >those ...

Unable to connect to msn.com
Out of nowhere, I am unable to connect to msn.com. Initially I was being redirected to V14.msn.com. I was being told something along the lines that the server cannot be found. Then I just started getting sent to a search page (mywebsearch). No settings on my computer were changed that I'm aware of. I'm running Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! -- Mark H. "Mark H. - NJ" <MarkHNJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC1243D2-F280-4F54-8B71-02C2520D84AB@microsoft.co...

FWD: Try these package for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--nvztsbzaxu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wzyyihrcqmwur"; type="multipart/alternative" --wzyyihrcqmwur Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lyvvygapxesxp" --lyvvygapxesxp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to he...

Error while trying to establish connection to SQL Server from MSVS 2008
Hi, I hope you can help me with this I've been working on this all day! I've just installed Visual Studio 2008 on my laptop, SQL Server 2005 was a part of this install (on the same laptop). When I tried to create a connection to this database engine I got the error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open...

fail when try to select field from an entity view
Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM Server. Can somone help to find an explaination. I should mention that even when I open a session from a client machine I use the administrator credentials Thanks in advance Try adding about:blank to the trusted sites in IE and check. HTH, Niths "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main > viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM >...

Advanced: sequencial cell numbers w/ an Exception
Ok I read the previous post about sequencial numbers but how can I set up the numbering so that it all ways add the contents of the previous cell, regardless of what the cell name is. I use the normal process for creating sequential numbers but when I insert a new row w/i the group the sequence is broken. Is there a way to say A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); C1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); instead of A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(A1 + 5); C1 = SUM(B1 + 5); As you can see that if a new cell is inserted into the later it breaks but the earlier statment still holds true. Any ideas? Thanks in advance i...

Hotmail account in Outlook 2003 #2
Hi all, I've got 2 email accounts, colin@work.com and colin@hotmail.com. I've setup Outlook 2003 to send and receive from both these accounts and all works fine but with 1 'glitch' that I can't seem to resolve. As those of you who use Hotmail through Outlook know, Outlook creates a second 'Inbox', 'Outbox', 'Sent Items' etc in addition to the standard POP3 inbox etc. My problem is that if I send from my 'colin@work.com' mail account, the standard 'Sent Items' shows the sent mail. If I send from my Hotmail account, this sent ma...

Account Distribution in check printing
Hi I need to print Account Distribution along with the check; I am using 3 per page/No Stub check format. The way I am using for printing check is, from the payable transaction entry window itself. (On fly). Any idea? Thanks BS You should be able to pull on the accounts related to the transaction by modifying the report in Report Writer. I am not sure if it already has the table linked that contains the accounts but I am sure you could add the table if necessary. If you have access to CustomerSource then look it up in KnowledgeBase. "BS" wrote: > Hi > >...

Tasks on Task List w/o Update Emails
If you've checked the box saying "Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list" and then assigned the task to someone else, is there a way to have the task be continually updated on your task list without having to receive an email every time the task is updated? We don't want to receive numerous emails each time a task is assigned to someone else or changed at all, but we would like to be able to go to that task on our list, open it up, and see it's status. Is there a way to turn off those email notifications but still keep track of the task? Thanks ver...

MS Money 2006: How do I set up a sub-account?
I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I've got a savings account with a credit union, and recently I went there to open up a new account. They suggested that I open up a "sub account", under my regular savings account. I went ahead and did that. How do I represent this sub account, under my regular savings account? It has the same account number, with a "-5" as a suffix. Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I've got a savings account with a >credit union, and recently I went there to open u...

cannot view account detils in OUtlook2K
I think this may be to do with the software for my Belkin wifi card, but am not sure. It started at about the same time as the card was installed, but uninstalling the software and reinstalling office has not resolved the problem. Anyway, the problem is this: I go to tools/account, but the accounts window doesn't open. Weird huh? I'm running W2K and office2K SP3. Any ideas appreciated. Jo Did you try a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://w...