trouble receiving mail

hi oh computer smart ones!!

am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages
because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops
completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg:

Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au',
Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found
in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

 i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling Norton - and cant get
anything happening - your help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
jayne

"jayne" <jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> hi oh computer smart ones!!
>
> am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages
> because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops
> completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg:
>
> Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au',
> Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus
> found
> in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
> 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD
>
> i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling Norton - and cant get
> anything happening - your help greatly appreciated!!
>
> Cheers
> jayne

Hi Jayne, log in here https://webmail.three.com.au/ with your account
details.
You may have a very large or corrupt mail on the server?
Either delete or move messages to another folder until you are able to get
WM to sync.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
6/10/2010 9:48:02 AM
That symptom indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there by date,
delete all the older ones you've already downloaded, plus one more.
Then try Windows Mail again.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jayne"  wrote in message news:D05796D5-FE78-4A28-9D96-8B01DE7A2B1E@microsoft.com...

hi oh computer smart ones!!

am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages
because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops
completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg:

Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au',
Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found
in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling Norton - and cant get
anything happening - your help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
jayne

0
Gary

Receiving email messages 07-17-10
Hi, Why do all my messages received in Windows Mail are in duplicate? Can anyone tell me how to fix this? -- Many thanks. T Go to Tools, Accounts, and look at the properties of all your mail accounts to make sure there isn't a duplicate account. If no duplicates, who is your mail service provider, and which antivirus are you running? Some of them can cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "nalag" wrote in message news:2966F095-833C-471E-8C8C-50375BA49C2F@microsoft.com... Hi, Why do all my messages received in ...

Duplex / Mail Merge
I have created a double sided postcard and have mail merged with an Excel file. However, rather than having a different name on each post card, I get the same name on for cards. Under printer setup I have chosen: 1. Multiple pages per sheet 2. Orientation = Landscape 3. Number of copies = 4 4. two sided printing option selected HELP! -- David R. Heinz Have you actually tried printing it or are you just doing a print preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "DHeinz" <DHeinz@discussions.micr...

outlook vs. live mail conflict
I have outlook on desktop, with XP, and live mail on new laptop, with Vista. Recently the laptop started automatically moving new msgs to deleted folder from inbox although they haven't yet been read, if they have been opened first on the desktop with outlook. Any clues why? Is the account on the Outlook PC setup to leave a copy of the message on the server? "charlieB" <charlieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4578A9BF-7904-4159-823E-D175548236ED@microsoft.com... > I have outlook on desktop, with XP, and live mail on new laptop, with ...

Problem Receiving Mail
I have the following setup: I am running smtp gateway on incoming e-mail via iis6. The machine is windows server 2003 web edition. This machine relays the incoming e-mail to sbs2003 server which is running exchange 2003. Last Friday at 2:00pm there was a power failure causing the servers to reset. Since, I am able to, only, send out mail but not receive. Also, I am running IMF and I don't see IMF performance counters in performance monitor selection. Looking at the smtp log on the gateway box, I see bunch of blank line lines whereas previously I would get the sender's ip addres...

You cannot receive against unauthorized purchase orders
When we want to apply, many PO receives this error. One of the PO is received and have some apply. A modification was done and now generate the error. We usually do a reconcile to fix that, but it's not working this time. Does anyone had this error before. Thanks ...

Phantom unread e-mail message in sent box
How do I get rid of this unread designation? I have the (1) icon beside the sent items and have searched the entire folder without success. While in Sent Items: View | Show or Hide. Is Show All Message checked? Then: Ctrl + A to highlight all messages. Right click and Mark As Read. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Catching Up" <CatchingUp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE609C5D-32CC-4DEC-9C4B-86A3A34EDCA1@microsoft.com... > How do I get rid of this unread designation? I have the (1) icon besid...

Having trouble with Money 2002 Deluxe and Business
Greetings, I am unable to open money 2002 from my desktop--I will click on the icon and then see the front page and hear the music and then it will settle on my status bar at the bottom. I rigt click and left click with the mouse but it will not open--when I click on the icon--I see message that files are being updated- please help my e-mail is specialtyevents@msn.com... ...

Password protecting a .snp exported Access report for e-mail
I have an Access report which I wish to e-mail. The instructions say to create a .snp file and e-mail it. That I can do and have done. I am looking for a way to password protect that file. I have not been able to find a way to do it. In Office Word documents I can find the appropriate method but have not found something that will work for this format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mary sweeneysmsm <sweeneysmsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Access report which I wish to e-mail. The instructions say to >create a .snp file and e-mail it. That ...

Setting Up Receive-Only Mailboxes
Hi there. I turn to this group for some assistance as the knowledge base came up somewhat short. We are trying to set up an email account for several users to use where information on who's in, what numbers to call, etc. are accessible but they can not use the account to send out email. I found an article in the knowledge base, 151803, that says how to do this. However, the note section says "In Exchange 5.5 SP3 and SP4 a value of 0 means "no size restriction"." So, I turn to you to see if there is a way of doing this with Exchange 5.5 SP4. I did try and ...

OL2K3
This one completely baffles me... Outlook 2003, POP only accounts. Normal operation: Mail is previewed and replied to. Randomly, it will stop marking the mail in the list as read or replied to. I didn't believe him at first, but I checked his sent mail and sure enough, all of them were replied to, but they shown as unread and not- replied-to on the normal list view. By the time I showed up, I it works fine, the flag goes to read-status as I preview through the emails. I've applied every update to Outlook there is to update. I have rebuilt his PST file from scratch, I have rebuilt hi...

Certificate e-mail
How do I take away the need of digital certification for sending e-mail? I found the butten >-----Original Message----- >How do I take away the need of digital certification for >sending e-mail? >. > ...

Mail stuk in inbound queue
My new recieved messages are stuck in the inbound queue. If I look in imcdata/in I see all the email. If I go to imc connector and look in the queue I see in inbound messages waiting conversion all the mail in pending status bij the will no go out. Who can help me out. Thanks in advance. Hi Gerwin, If the mail is stuck in the inbound awaiting conversion most times there are store issues that cause this. I would suggest installing the latest builds of the Store and the IMC and see if this helps. You can find those on our download site for Exchange. Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenov...

Exchange 2k3: Push e-mail working only for messages ending in INBOX
Dear All, I have several server-based rules active in my exchange profile that mostly route the incoming messages to specific subfolders. The push e-mail feature operates nicely with my smartphone, but only the messages not routed to subfolders get pushed. Is there a way to overcome this problem without having to link my push e-mail set-up to a separate account to be forwarded all the incoming mail from my primary account? Thanks in advance, Tomaz On 1 Aug 2006 14:58:20 -0700, "Tomaz" <tomaz.lajovic@borzen.si> wrote: >Dear All, > >I have several server-based rul...

what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007
what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007 Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7BF179-4CDE-470A-BFDF-4D16D48DDFAF@microsoft.com... > what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007 Nothing by default; it just stays there as you've left it unless you told...

Email Mail Merge from Access 2003
Hi I am trying to start a Word email mailmerge from Access 2003 by clicking a command button macro. I have a module containing the Mergit () function. The macro uses "OpenModule" to call the function. The function contains this code: Function MergeIt() Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("C:\CPS\Letters\EMember Newsletter Notification", "Word Document") 'Make Word Visible. objWord.Application.Visible -True 'Set the mail merge data source as CPS. objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ Name:="C:\CPS\CPS Source...

Transferring Outlook Express mail to new PC
I may have done this wrong. I exported a .pst file from OE on my old PC, thinking I can import it into OE on the new PC, but it doesn't recognize the file. Does anyone know how to do this? The old files are gone and all I have is the .pst file, so if it can't be imported I'm out of luck. Thanks to everyone. Ed a PST is used with Outlook, not OE. Did you store the file on a CD? The read only flag needs to be removed if you did... Are you getting an error message? what does it say? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlo...

Batch importing e-mail contacts using ldifde, csvde
Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors on this command: csvde -k -i -j c:\ -f "f:\<filepath>\<filename>.csv" Can't even find out what a constraint violation is? And even if this works, it won't let me edit the memberOf attribute using ldifde, though it will allow other attributes to be changed! "Peter" <morsep@ijet.com> wrote: >Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. >Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors >on this co...

Receiving email at multiple locations
I have Outlook 2003 configured with a POP server and receive email there without incident. I also have a Blackberry and an iPod Touch, both configured to receive email from the same account. Despite the fact that Outlook is instructed to leave mail on the server (via the Advanced tab in More Options), when Outlook is open, my two mobile devices do not receive email, except in the lucky circumstance of them happening to check for mail before Outlook does. Why is this happening? How can I get all three locations to get along? Is the only solution to configure Outlook as an IMAP server? I...

email trouble
When typing a email I have these symbols that look like two straight lines with a curved top that I can't get rid of, what have I done. "Sherry" <Sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22DE63C5-5034-4CFF-9009-AA636886DD96@microsoft.com... > When typing a email I have these symbols that look like two straight lines > with a curved top that I can't get rid of, what have I done. When you hit enter? Control-Shift-8 Otherwise, what version of Outlook? What do you type to get the character? -- f.h. ...

UGH! Trouble downloading, and opening anything
Please can someone help I am running MS XP2, and have had NO trouble getting updates or any downloads before, I downloaded the MS baseline security analyzer 2 nights ago, and now I have major trouble downloading(it keeps telling me my ACTIVEX control is not enabled, But I did enabled it and restarted my computer, I have to download my item without the ACTIVEX. I extract it and open Excel, and it tells me that it cannot read the file!! Is there a way to get ACTIVEX's downloaded if the ones that already have aren't working right? And, How can I fix the downloading and opening probl...

Outlook 2003 Outgoing mail error & workaround
I have very funny problem. Everytime I sent outgoing mails, outlook throws a system error mentioned below. In order to solve this problem, every time before sending outgoing mail, I have to open outlook express and send a dummy message to myself. and then I have sent the email from outlook 2003. It looks very funny. But its really painful. Any light on this. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test message Sent: 05/05/2005 3:54 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'me@mydomain.com' on 05/05/2005 3:54 PM ...

2003- capitalization in e-mails?
I'm using Outlook 2003. Is there a way to make it so that when I'm composing an e-mail Outlook won't automatically change the case of anything? what I really want to do is make it so everything is lower case and not have it prompt me to correct that. but I also don't want to actually turn off spell-check because my spelling is atrocious. Any ideas/work-arounds would be much appreciated. thanks. Are you using Word as your editor or Outlook's internal editor? If you're using the internal editor the options are here: Tools menu > Options > Spelling >...

Mail not sending
When I send a message the mail appears in the outbox and will sit there until I click a new folder, or click the new email button. Clicking the send/receive button does not move the mail. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps from microsoft such as run a scan on the personal email folder, etc. Also I am not receiving email right away when people send it to me. Email I send out appears immediately when I send it, but must go through the same steps (click on another folder or new email item) to get email I received. I am using the corporate edition with an exchange server. The ...

Blocked E-mail in 2003
Someone, please help. I can't send e-mail from my Outbox, where the messages are stuck (not in italics; small envelope icon open). Am using Office 2003, with Windows XP Pro, and Norton Internet Security Pro 2004 with Norton Sytemworks 2004. Am suffering very badly. Help will be deeply appreciated Disable the outgoing mail scanning in Norton and see if it works then. If not please post the exact error message (if any) -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for...

E-mail Attachments not visible at recipient
(I hope this is an obscure problem - I've done a search and dont want to get shot down by "rifleman"!) I'm using Outlook 2002 and I regularly send e-mails with attachments to an associate of mine who reads them with OE (sad but true). My Outlook has 6 service mailboxes and I wanted to use the different from addresses more effectively, so last week I changed from "Corporate or Workgroup" mode to "Internet E-Mail" mode. We didn't notice straight away but after a copule of days my associate started complaining that there were no attachments on the e-ma...