Still cannot recieve mail.

I am using a windows live account, I am trying to set up windows mail to
connect to that account. I am now able to send I just can't receive. I get
this error message.

 Account: 'Personal ', Server: 'POP3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
--
Ms. Victoria Morales

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not =
enabled.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Ms Victoria" <MsVictoria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I am using a windows live account, I am trying to set up windows mail =
to=20
> connect to that account. I am now able to send I just can't receive. I =
get=20
> this error message.
>=20
> Account: 'Personal ', Server: 'POP3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server=20
> Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, =
Server=20
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
> --=20
> Ms. Victoria Morales
0
Gary

OWA does not show e-mail
i am having an issue with sbs 2003. when a user trys to connect to the owa via ie 6.0 it will display the mail tree to the left, but the right pain only shows the word "loading". i have check may of the kb articles, nothing seams to work. i believe it is a permissons issue with iis. i might ad that this server was installed early november, and we reconfigured iis and set up ftp (after 11/24/03 when the date issue for ms sbs). things seemed to go bad after this. any ideas would be a great assistance. i have 4 other clients configured the exact same way without this is...

Advanced e-mail options: play a sound, etc
Neither my former Outlook 2003 nor just upgraded Outlook 2007 will save the Play a Sound or Show envelope settings. I need to reset them each time Outlook is opened. Any thoughts? If you notice the settings go missing between OS logon sessions, then I would ask, is your site is enforcing mandatory user OS profiles. "PMK" <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83348E95-DF58-4F79-8980-2D08B2A57FD4@microsoft.com... > Neither my former Outlook 2003 nor just upgraded Outlook 2007 will save > the > Play a Sound or Show envelope settings. I ...

outgoing mass e-mail is being blocked by spam firewall
I am trying to send an e-mail but everytime I send it, it bounces back saying that it was blocked by HMS DC1 Mailer-Daemon spam firewall Use mail merge to send individual messages instead of one bulk message = with more recipients than apparently you're allowed to send.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Reena" <Reena@disc...

disabled accounts cannot recieve mails after being enabled
Hi All, we have a script which will disable some users automatically for some of their operations. This will cause these users' mailbox cannot recieve mails. Even when I enable the account, it need long time for the mailbox to work normally again. Is there any way to prevent from this or speed up the progress? BTW, I find that someone say grantging SELF associated external account permission can make disabled mailbox continue to recieve mails, Is there any way to do this for all accounts? the mail system is Exchange 2003 on an Win2003 server, and domain is Win2003 native. ...

I'm getting my e-mail 1 day late?
Microsoft Outlook seems to be filtering the date that it will download my e-mail. On Thurday I received my Wednesday e-mail. On Friday I'll recive my Thurday e-mail etc. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? I've checked the Outlook filter and can see no filter that would cause this problem. I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Hoping for a reply Regards Brian Yes, fix your system time. You are posting one day from the future ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003...

error message recieved when accessing outlook
I am having network issues with outlook and exchange. I get an error message on several different peoples machines when i try to open outlook. We use Exchange 5.5 and mainly outlook 2000. the error message reads: "There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your system administrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange." What is the problem and how do i remedy this???? thanks, Ryan It means exactly what it says - the server running license logging thinks you've used all your available licenses. Make sure you have eno...

E-Mail Accounts
This is one of those problems that drive the most stable people up a tree. Long story short, Outlook 2003 keeps telling me that the e-mail accounts I set up aren't found and that maybe they are deleted, even after I just finished setting them up. Again. For the bazillionth time. >_< I'm at my wit's end, mostly because I can't figure out what to do to next. Any suggestions about settings to look at or profiles to alter would be of great help. Dave III >-----Original Message----- >This is one of those problems that drive the most stable people up a tree. Long st...

viewing compacted mail folders in Outlook Express 6
I recently backed up my mail folders by using the compact command. Now my "sent items" folder is empty and I want to see my old e-mails. I tried importing but there is no import option for Outlook express 6, just 4 and 5. ...

IMAP folders not bold even when new mail arrives
I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts. The pop folders appear bold when they contain new unread email. The imap folders do not appear bold when they contain new unread mail. When I click on the imap folder they will then be bold indicating new unread mail. I rely on the bolding to check for new mail, how can I make the imap folder appear bold when new unread mail arrives? I also wanted to note that my hotmail account folder using Outlook Connector does bold when new unread mail is available. "sjmnyc" wrote: > I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with bot...

Changes to e-mail account not saved
Everytime I open Outlook I have to change the Incoming Server Name (POP3) and Username to be able to send and receive mail from my ATT e-mail account. Why dosen't it save the settings for the next time I launch Explorer? Or where are the "default" or "master" seeting coming from that are overriding the settings I want so I can change them? If they are being changed to localhost, then uncheck the option to use the AV mail scanning. it could also be your firewall - check its settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep...

Mail Merge 06-18-04
I am trying to set up a universal file of CRM mail merge templates. Attempting to set-up a shared folder on server, then route all local users to this folder via vpn. Has anyone else done this? I would like to delete all other standard Word templates to clean it up, but cannot see to do this. Any tips or experience would be helpful. Tom ...

Wrong time on incoming mail messages
Hi. I'm working in Outlook Express 6, and even though the clock on my computer is correct, the times listed for received messages is wrong. Any idea how to change this? Thanks. By How Much are they wrong! Do they have the correct date? -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia Anne & Pat Garard. apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau _______________________________________________ Yes, the date is right, but they're off by about an hour. What I can't figure out is that I thought it went by my computer clock, which is right! Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >By How Much are t...

sent mail from our email account to same account
Hello Friends, On our exchange server 2003 sp2, Someone is sending mail using same email account to same address, like support@company.com to support@company.com. How this is possible. I check all my setting for relay and junk mail, those are fine. I can not send this email to block sender list, outlook refuse it. I apply sender and recpients filter. Still mail are reached to this account. Do you have any idea, what is going on and how i can fix this problem. Regards, G. They are spoofing your address. There's not much you can do about it either. Steve Antonio, CISSP Microsoft ...

Mail Enabled System Folders (by default) necessery ?
Hello, I have a question regarding the 'System Folders' within Exchange2003. If I am correct almost all System Folders are e-mail enabled. Is this for a purpose and can I disable this? (e-mail disable) And secondly; Withing the Exchange Management Console I can manage e-mail adresses from mail enabled system folders. But if I look with ADSI Edit under 'CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects' is see the same mail enabled folders. But some of these public folders listed here contains other e-mail adresses than listed within ESM??. Also if i disable email enabled folders they dis...

Using E-mail in Outlook
I have upgraded to Office XP and want to use outlook for my e-mail. At the moment I am set up using Outlook Express. How do I get it into Outlook. My provider is Btinternet. Run Outlook, and the wizard should be triggered the first time you run it. Set up an e-mail account in Outlook that matches your OE settings. Make sure Outlook is set as your default mail client (control panel | internet options | programs). You will then want to export from OE to Outlook, and export your address book, as well. Ian wrote: > I have upgraded to Office XP and want to use outlook for > my e-mail. ...

Problems sending e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

E-Mail Merge in Word
I'm trying to do an e-mail merge in Outlook and I get this message: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.... I'm using Outlook 2003 and Word 2002. Is there a way in the registry to disable this message? Thanks, Lucie Ch�nier Lucie Ch�nier <chenierl04@yahoo.ca> wrote: > I'm trying to do an e-mail merge in Outlook and I get this message: A > program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in > Outlook.... I'm using Outlook 2003 and Word 2002. I don't think this will work. The versions of Word and Ou...

Received Duplicate mails after reconfiguring Outlook 2007
Dear All, Recently my PC was formated and before formating I have backed up my email (.pst) (Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit). After formating I have reconfigure outlook 2007 but when I configured my account setting, all mails received again that were already in my .pst as all mails were on server (earlier I have chosen leave a copy on server). Now I just wanted to know is there any way to stop receiving all mail which are already in my .pst file because every time I have to delete all duplicate mail manually after formating my PC. Pls suggest... Thanks in advanc...

Cannot Send e-mails
I have followed all the prescribed solutions to not being able to send e-mails and still my e-mail just sits in my outbox. It does not matter weather I am at work on the network or at home on a analog phone line. Please help. >-----Original Message----- >I have followed all the prescribed solutions to not being >able to send e-mails and still my e-mail just sits in my >outbox. It does not matter weather I am at work on the >network or at home on a analog phone line. Please help. >. >It happened to me too. Assuming it's an POP/SMTP account, try Tools - Email ...

Delay in e-mail arriving in inbox
Hello all, If this is the wrong forum, please re-direct me. I just setup a user with a new PC (XP Pro SP2) running Outlook 2000. The problem she is having is that any new mail does not show up right away, she has to click on another portion of Outlook, go back to the inbox, and then any new mail shows up. This happens with internal as well as external e-mail. This was not an issue with her old PC running WINK2. Any ideas, Bill Bkana <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just setup a user with a new PC (XP Pro SP2) running > Outlook 2000. The problem she is hav...

Public Contact List and E-Mail Errors
I am using Exchange Server 2003 When I right click on a contact in my Public Folder's Contact Folder, I click on "New Message to Contact" and it tells me: Error creating new mail! This may be caused due to an incorrect e-mail address for a contact or an invalid name for a distribution list Furthermore, when I type a name in the To field of an e-mail, it doesn't not go to autocomplete any name in the Public Folder's Contact Folder. It only autocompletes Users that are setup under Active Directory. (This is with "Show Names from the:" option set to &quo...

Can I read outlook mail without outlook program
Hello I use outlook for my mail. I tried to upgrade my old computer and destroyed the MB. I built a new computer (someone else put it together) and it's windows 7. Our home has both windows 7 and windows xp computers. The hard drive from the fried computer has some mail on it that I would like to look at. I tried installing the hard drive on my new computer but the hardware on the new computer was so much different that xp wouldn't even load. I tried looking for the mail files on the hard drive but I couldn't find them. I have outlook installed on thes...

Access a mailbox still in E55
Hi, Here's my environment NT4 : DOMAIN_NT Exchange 5.5 with IMC W2K3: DOMAIN_W2K3 Exchange 2003 I haven't migrate any of my NT4 user accounts to AD yet. Currently both domain are trusted. Exchange 2003 coexist with Exchange 5.5 in the same org and site under the same admin group. Everything fines until I start migrating user accounts and mailbox from NT to W2K3, and 55 to E2K3. I used to have a support mailbox in E55 and it's accessible by all the support staffs. I started with migrating 1 of the user and the corresponding mailbox from E55 to E2K3 which require access to the s...

Auto Mail Forwarding
Does anyone know how to set up a function so that if some one e-mails me Outlook 2002 will automtically forward it to my HOTMAIL address?? please help quick There are several ways to do this. You can create an Outlook rule, but this will only work if your mailserver is configured to forward email to the internet. "Jamez Dyson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:240ee01c45f4b$b1439a00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to set up a function so that if some > one e-mails me Outlook 2002 will automtically forward it > to my HOTMAIL add...

Outlook: mail password
I have installed Outlook XP as un upgrade from Outlook 97. Everything work well. But the mail password don't stay registered after closing oputlook. Everytime outlook is started I have to give my mail password again (logged on as Administrator). In an other account, everything is ok and the mail password stay registered. I changed the mail client, but the problem was the same. Who may give me an idea what to do. Thank you. Henri Garin For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (...