sign in on emails

I cannot send or receive emails and each time I try I get the password box
again. My email provider is BT yahoo can you help.
Sue  Doughty

0
Sue

And what antivirus are you using?

"Sue and Ray" <raysue.doughty@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I cannot send or receive emails and each time I try I get the password box
>again. My email provider is BT yahoo can you help.
> Sue  Doughty

0
Sam
3/12/2010 5:44:29 PM
 First, test your password by logging in to your webmail.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption.
One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is to delete that =
corrupted=20
mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,=20
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your =
problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to=20
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons=20
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Sue and Ray" <raysue.doughty@btinternet.com> wrote in message =
>I cannot send or receive emails and each time I try I get the password =
box=20
> again. My email provider is BT yahoo can you help.
> Sue  Doughty=20

0
Gary

Restoring few emails
Due to "myDoom" latest Virus scare I went and I added certain rules in my scanmail emanager to block emails with certain subject field (Ex: Hi; Hello;...etc) and also I added certain files extension to be blocked. My scanmail is configured to delete blocked emails if it can't clean them. After doing that I run scanmail to scan Information Store @ that moment scanmail started deleting emails that were setting in users mailboxes because these new rules are getting applied to old emails that were there saved for a long time. Now users are asking about those emails. My question if so...

Redundant email addresses
After I imported my email from OE6 to Live Mail, the TO and FROM addresses of the imported mail show the name of the sender or recipient and the email address For example "bing cashback"<cashback@microsoft.com> "eBay"<eBay@reply1.eBay.com> "eforcity"<auctions@eforcity.com> My new email does not have the redundant information, only the imported mail. Is there a way to eliminate the redundant information? Where are you seeing that? In the message list or in the message header while viewing the message? It's normal to ...

email tray icon
I am trying to get my computer to display the email icon in the system tray. I have Windows XP and Outlook 2002. My email account is an MSN account with HTTP interface. I have checked the box marked "Show an envelope icon in the system tray" when a new messages arrives (under advanced email options). However, it does not do this. What did I miss? R Kumana wrote: > I am trying to get my computer to display the email icon > in the system tray. > > I have Windows XP and Outlook 2002. > > My email account is an MSN account with HTTP interface. > > I have c...

multiple email addresses #5
Is there away of only logging on to outlook to check just one of my email accounts for mail and have my accounts seperate, in outlook express you can log on to a different account but not sure how to do it in outlook, i am using outlook xp Howard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there away of only logging on to outlook to check just one of my > email accounts for mail and have my accounts seperate, in outlook > express you can log on to a different account but not sure how to do > it in outlook, i am using outlook xp Two ways I can think of. The easiest, ...

Archive email with receive date as none
How can I archive mail without a receive date. Outlook requires that one specify a date when archiving. An old KB entry pertaining to OL97 claims this was resolved in OL98, but I have OL02 and have this problem. It archieves on the Modified Date; not the received date -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Toastie" <toastie97@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:157dc01c44695$fc042ce0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I archive mail without a receive date. O...

default zoom setting when using Word as email editor
I=B4m using Word as my email editor and when I open an=20 email, the zoom is set to any arbitrary number. Usually,=20 this makes the mail almost unreadable until I change the=20 zoom level manually.=20 Does anybody know how get this fixed - preferrably a way=20 to set the default zoom level to 100%? (that=B4s Office 2003 w/ SP1) thanks in advance,=20 tobias ...

aol outgoing email problem
I am unable to send messages to all AOL addresses from outlook 2000. I receive these messages fine. The problem is not with my ISP as I can send messages directly from that account. Any ideas? Thx in advance J j <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am unable to send messages to all AOL addresses from > outlook 2000. I receive these messages fine. The > problem is not with my ISP as I can send messages > directly from that account. Any ideas? For tips troubleshooting mail sent to AOL, see <http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/#receiving>. ...

Can not reply to or forward emails in OWA while on wireless Router
The CEO of our company called. When he is connected to his Netgear wireless router he can not reply to or forward emails in OWA. If he connects to the ethernet port on the router OWA works fine. I suggested turning off the 108mbs Super G and connecting at 54MBS. I also told him to see if he has any filters on his wireless router. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? thanks, Dave On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:14:28 -1000, <jbravo2840@yahoo.com> wrote: > The CEO of our company called. When he is connected to his Netgear > wireless router he can not reply to or forward ema...

emails received in triplicate, Outlook 2003
I am receiving some of my email up to 5 times. I have recently set up mail rules of where these are to go and when I check these folders I find there are 5 of some. I do not know how to see the list of rules I have set up and perhaps they have been set up more than 1 time? I do not know how this would happen as the first time I set up a rule it should work and I shouldn't have to set it up again. When I used outlook exxpress there was somewhere you could see a list of the rules you had set up and then make changes to them but outlook does not have this feature. "Si...

Public Folder Email Notifications & DC Synchronization
ALL -- Hello ! 1.) I've setup a public folder with both a folder assistant and moderated folder functionality such that when a new mail item arrives, it will forward to a specific mail enabled group. When I send directly to the email address associated with the mail enabled folder, I do receive a message. However, if I simply drop a spreadsheet into the folder for example, no notification is sent to the e-mail address. Any suggestions or ideas ? 2.) As relates to #1 above, am I being impatient in making my changes and seeing results ? Meaning, does Exchange 20...

How to Attach Sales Literature to an Email
I can't understand this.... MS has in both versions 1.2 and 3.0 built into the CRM product what seems to be a nice depository for storing sales literature without providing any easy way for a user to email those documents. I am surprised to see that even in v 3.0 there is still no mechanism to attach to an email a document from the Sales Literature store. What is the point of building such a store if sending documents to a client would require saving a clumsy workaround (like saving the documents first to the desktop and then adding as an attachment to the activity. I can under...

Excell Files attached to emails are suddenly not readable today. .
Excel (2003) Files attached to emails are suddenly not readable today. They were yester day. Any suggestions? Debbie Do they still have the *.xls extension or a .DAT extension? If your email client is OutLook Express and the sender is using MS Office OutLook(not OE) to send the files, request that he/she send them as attachments using "plain text" as opposed to "Rich Text Format(RTF)". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:57:07 -0800, Debbie <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel (2003) Files attached to emails are suddenly not readable tod...

Resizing width of email messages?????
How can I make the width of my outgoing e-mail messages smaller??? At the moment when I send an email on Outlook2000 it gets truncated and disjointed when it is received by the person I've sent it to. I would like to make the width of the e- mail smaller, so that this doesn't happen and the lines of my message don't get cut off half way though eg: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbb ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccc The above is how my e-mail...

regular check for email
whic h bit sets a regular chreckj for email? The actual instructions depend on your version of Outlook. Which version are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23qaF1WjnDHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Peter wrote: > whic h bit sets a regular chreckj for email? ...

Email receipt confirmation
How can I setup a request for receiver to confirm the receipt of the email, that the email was recived. Thanks Nenad On 12/5/09 2:16 PM, in article C7409A3C.334B%blau@uitikon.ch, "Prof. Nenad Blau - BIOPKU Consulting" <blau@uitikon.ch> wrote: > How can I setup a request for receiver to confirm the receipt of the email, > that the email was recived. See Return Receipts: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> Keep in mind that return receipts are not a reliable indication that a message has either been read or received. ...

JPG attachments to email not automatically displayed
I am running Windows 98 SE. I recently upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. In Outlook Express an email with JPG files attached would automatically display the pictures in the body of the email following the text. Now, in Outlook 2002, the pictures are not displyed in the body of the text and only are shown in the header as files being attached. It is necessary to open them using an external viewer. Is there a way to change the settings in Outlook 2002 to automaticaly display these attached pictures (JPG files) in the body of the message?? Please help. Todd Nope. Outlo...

Create an email that send info on the case activity to customer
I want to know if there is a way (even if it need code) to send an email to the customer when we resolve a case. This email should contain All the activity and the amout of time spent in it the description of the activity the case total time A brief message. From there we make an invoice and the customer can reference to this email for the description. Any suggestion are welcome ...

When opening a spreadsheet sent via email as attachment it opens t
The system 32 directory. It will not allow to save to disk either. Excel works when opening it as normal, but even then the attached opens to the system32 directory. Help Please! Thanks! This sounds more like a question about your email client than excel. Some email programs have a default directory, but if you supersede it once, it'll remember it (sometimes, it goes back to the default when you close the email program). But I think I'd try to find a forum associated with your email client and ask how to change this folder's default (if possible at all). Souljah38 wrote: &...

BUG: "Mark Unread" icon must be clicked twice within an email
Don't have enough will to live to face calling Microsoft Support to log this bug (and don't want to burn a support incident): Using Office 2010 ProPlus RTM (from TechNet Plus), upgrade install over Office 2007 Windows 7 Ultimate x32 Outlook 2010 with POP3 accounts and PST When I open an unread email, the "Mark Unread" icon on the ribbon is highlighted in yellow. If I choose to mark the item unread (I use it as a basic 'to do' list), I must click the icon twice before the item is marked unread. This is easy to see by putting the email in a small windo...

Exchange error smtp;550 5.7.1 "Unable to relay for someone@mydomain.com" when outsider trying to email user within my domain
Users from another domain cannot send emails with attachments to a user on my domain, although they can send emails without attachments fine. The full error (received by the users on the other domain) is: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Shows for weekend of 9/10/11 June 2006 Sent: 07/06/2006 10:01 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: someone@mydomain.com on 07/06/2006 10:05 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ot...

Outbound WAN Email Not Relaying
Hello-- We just moved our Exchange 2003 server following KB Article ID 822931 and we changed the settings on our firewall for ports 80, 110, and 425 to point to the new Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine except one of our remote offices that uses POP3 protocol for email can receive email from anywhere, but can only send email to other users inside the LAN. There is a VPN tunnel connecting both offices--FYI. Here is the NDR that the sender receives when trying to email to an address outside the LAN: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. ...

CRM email: Implementing auto-unsubscribes?
Hello there, We would like to use CRM's email capabilities to handle the sending of newsletters and other materials to contacts in CRM. We would also like recipients of these materials to be able to click a link which would take them off the recipient list. The most obvious way I see of pulling this off would be to add a "Click to Unsubscribe" link to the outgoing email which links to a custom page that then sets the "Allow email" field in CRM to false. Does this sound like the appropriate path to take? If so, how would I go about getting the custom link inserted into...

Outlook 2002 won't remove email from bellsouth's server.
Hello group, My Situation: Dell Dimension 4400 Pen-4 1.6-hertz. CPU, 384mb DDR Ram, a New 40g Hard Drive. 2 weeks ago did a clean install of my OS- Win_XP Home with the downloaded SP2 & all the current Critical Updates. Same thing with Office XP (fully updated) which contains Outlook 2002. My Firewall is Win_XP (sp2) version, AV is Avast4 Free Home version (updated). Other important programs i use are have Spybot S & D, Spyblaster, A-squared, AdWare SE, & i use Windows "Host" file system. Everything works beautifully except for my Outlook 2002 setup with bellsouth.net ...

email attachments #15
I have MS Outlook on several computers. When I send an email with an attachment, they all handle the attachment differently. One computer adds a new line under the subject and puts the attachment there, one computer adds the attachment at the bottom of the email and one adds the attachment in the body of the email. I've looked everywhere for a setting to change but can't find it. Can anyone help with this? How do you change how Outlook handles attachments. Thanks Mike Mike, At least you can send the attachments. I have tried to send links via e-mail and programs.ie; *.ex...

Copying emails and address book
Greetings, I recently had a harddrive crash but was able to salvage all the data from the disk. Is there a specific file or files that I can copy from the old disk to the new so that I have all of my emails (both received and sent) as well as my address book? I do not think I can import because I never exported or archived for that matter. What can I do to retreive my files? Any help is appreciated. Look for a file with the .pst extension. Copy that and use File->Open to access teh data --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...