Setting Up Windows Mail 01-05-10

I am having trouble setting up windows mail.  This is the message I get "The
connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work',
Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties.  I have
Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop.

"NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble setting up windows mail.  This is the message I get
>"The
> connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work',
> Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
>
> I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties.  I have
> Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop.

What is the part after the @ in the email account that you are attempting to
set up?
You need to enter the correct server names for POP & SMTP servers @
tools>accounts>select the account>properties>server tab.
Get back if you need more assistance?

See for Time Warner server settings:
http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp-news-servers/timewarner.asp

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
1/5/2010 8:58:08 PM
You need to call them and get the account settings. Pop3 is not a server
name.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble setting up windows mail.  This is the message I get
>"The
> connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work',
> Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
>
> I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties.  I have
> Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop.

0
Bruce
1/5/2010 8:59:07 PM
Your provider has the answers, see:
http://help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=3D%2fHMSFaqs%2fe_emailserverad=
dys.aspx

Roadrunner's mail server names vary by locality. The format for the
server names is:
Outgoing: smtp-server.xx.rr.com
Incoming: pop-server.xx.rr.com
where xx is the same locality code as in your xx.rr.com email address.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I am having trouble setting up windows mail.  This is the message I get =
"The=20
> connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work', =

> Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket =
Error:=20
> 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
>=20
> I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties.  I =
have=20
> Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop.
0
Gary

"Learn How To Quickly Build At Least $40,000 Worth Of Home Equity And Pay Your Mortgage Off In 10 Years Or Less"
-Without Making Biweekly Mortgage Payments- Or Changing Your Current Mortgage. Dear Homeowner, Did you know it's possible to build a minimum of $40,000 in home equity, and pay your mortgage off in 10 years or less without making biweekly mortgage payments? Fortunately, for you as a homeowner this is entirely possible. http://sportsbiz.hhfreport.hop.clickbank.net ...

How to track down spoofed e-mails
A customer of mine is currently having someone sending out e-mail from one or more 3rd party e-mail relay servers not related to his domain where they're putting some made up or dictionary name in the reply to field followed by his domain name. Many times the person in the reply to field doesn't even exist. So when the message comes back, it gets delivered to the postmaster account. For the people that actually receive the e-mail, they think it came from my customers domain, so he's getting a lot of nasty replies asking to be taken off the list. The 2003 Exchange server is als...

windows wallpaper
I would like to create a program that changes the wallpaper in windows. I know I can change the registry value, and it the wallpaper will change when the user reboots. But how do I make the change instantaneous? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3BDD5.88EE2CE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try this line: SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER,0,location,SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE|S= PIF_SENDCHANGE); Location is a string to where the bitmap file can be found. This only = wor...

Maximize Windows -
OK. I've read every post about this, but cannot find an answer that fixes my problem. One day, I inadvertently expanded my taskbar that is at the bottom of the window up a notch. I was in a Publisher file at the time. It make the Publisher file shrink by the amount of space that the taskbar took up when moved up. OK. So I maximized the page and went on working. But SINCE then, everytime I open a Publisher file, it is the same size as the document before I maximized it. I have opened a document, sized it and closed it. I have opened a document, used the maximize button and close...

Right after Create window
Hi, I want to do an action (something like allocate memory...) right after my window (a CView) is created. how to that ? Thanks in advance Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi, > I want to do an action (something like allocate memory...) > right after my window (a CView) is created. how to that ? > > Thanks in advance > > The view OnInitialUpdate function is called after the view is created, before it is visible. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Public Folder Limits
Hi We have Outlook Security public folder configured on our server. A while ago it decieded to delete the post that configures the outlook settings. How can I setup exchange to never delete this item? The folder itself is configured for 'Use Public Folder Defaults', the Server\First Storage Group\Public Folder Store > Properties > Limits > Age Limits is NULL. Any advice would be much apprecitated Thanks B On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:01:50 +0100, "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote: >Hi > >We have Outlook Security public folder configured on our serve...

How to create a driver for Windows 7 x64 ?
Hello, I would like to know the method to create some drivers for electronic cards plugged on the PCI Express bus of computers. I just begin in the programming world, I know the C++ language a little bit, and I really need your help ! I will have to develop some drivers for a machine which is running with Windows 7 Professional, 64 bits. In my company, drivers for our electronic cards run well, but only for Windows XP, 32 bits. We have never built these drivers with the new MS O.S. or with a x64 machine. I have the MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 and I use C++ to program. Here,...

Internet Mail Queue
In my Internet Mail Service queue for outbound mail awaiting delivery, I see quite a few from myself and others with "<>" in the originator field with destinations that I did not send e-mails to. What is this? Your server is sending (or trying to send) an NDR or read receipt to a sender. Probably to a spammer. Jeffs wrote: > In my Internet Mail Service queue for outbound mail > awaiting delivery, I see quite a few from myself and > others with "<>" in the originator field with destinations > that I did not send e-mails to. What is this? Is ...

Windows Error Recovery
I am receiving the windows error recovery message with 5 options in addition to installing the disk, which I do not have for my laptop. Can someone please help me. -- ed763 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ed763's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162233.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1280151.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

How to set default delimiter for text files...
Hello, Database produces output files as text delimited files with CSV extension. Problem is that different versions of ms excel has different default delimiter: comma or semicolon. How to configure ms-excel: default field separator (delimiter), to be the same on all workstations opening these files ? Open must be full automatic - just by clicking CSV file in the explorer, users are not a gurus.. Thanks and regards, GG On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:33:21 +0200, "GG" <iksio1@no_spam.gazeta.pl> wrote: >Hello, > >Database produces output files as text delimited files with C...

delete a file at Windows 2008 server 64bit task scheduler
i have a vb script to zip and then delete the source file (800m file size) there is no problem when i run it directly. but if i put it to task scheduler. the file can be zipped but the source file is not deleted. any help please. tony "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:%236ZSXWIdKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >i have a vb script to zip and then delete the source file (800m file size) > > there is no problem when i run it directly. > > but if i put it to task scheduler. > > the file can be zipped but the...

Sent e-mails going to th wrong folder
Why does my e-mails go to my In-box and not to Sent Items when I send them out. Outlook Live XP Home SP2 ...

blank e-mail messages
My outlook express opens fine...receives messages and lists them. But when I click on one to open it..I get a blank screen. What's wrong??? MOORFLWR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My outlook express opens fine...receives messages and > lists them. But when I click on one to open it..I get a > blank screen. What's wrong??? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Unable to detect language settings in eventviewer Outlook Client 4
Hello, another problem with the outlook client 4.0. A view machines get the following error in the eventlog : Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5909 Date: 7/11/2008 Time: 9:27:42 AM User: N/A Computer: NLCAPD9VQS72J Description: The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x8013150b. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=650. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. The user has FULL access to...

Splitter Windows
Hi I need to create a new application based on GUI_Outlook Sample. It will be different in way that it will have the View as below. ==================================================== left side |Outlook Like Caption here in this view tree |======================================= |List Control | | | | | | | ===================================================== Rich Edit View. See it is covering entire lower portion ===================================================== How many splitters...

Issue with slow mail on Exchange 2003
Morning, I seem to be having a problem with my Exchange 2003 box, where intermittently, the outbound email will get "stuck" for lack of a better way to put it. An email sent at 3 p.m. this afternoon sat until 4:26, when it was finally delivered, along with a bunch of other emails. Now, when this happened again tonight (been going on for about a week now), i checked the tracking logs. For an email being sent, it just stated "SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store". It wasn't for another 40 minutes that the email was finally dsubmitted to Advanced Queu...

exchange 5.5 and windows 2003
I have a windows NT 4.0 domain environment and i am running exchange 5.5 on a member server. i am planning to upgrade the pdc to windows 2003 and i move to active directory. Can anyone help me with directions on how exchange 5.5directory will communicate with active directory.Because upgrading to exchange 2003 is not happenning in the near future. Mikeolo The Exchange 5.5 directory will not communicate with AD. It'll just continue to run happily on its own as it did under NT. -Peter "mike olo" <wewe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ece01c48ece$265cf550$a501280...

E-mail #50
I am trying to get my yahoo.com email address to show up in outlook so I can access it though there can that be done? And if so how? Aloha Double, Maybe. Is this a free Yahoo! account or a paid subscription? Does your Yahoo! account support connecting to it via POP3? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > I am trying to get my yahoo.com email address to show up in outlook so > I can access it though there can that be done? And if so how? > ...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

Default account setting not retained
I have one client on my network whose Outlook 2003 REFUSES to keep their POP3 account as the default account. Each time they log off their workstation the default reverts back to Exchange, which is not currently set up to handle email beyond the intranet. Does anyone know of any reason why this one client is the only person on the network whose account settings keep reverting? And what can I do about it? A quick reply would be greatly appreciated. Try a fresh mail profile - and do not multi-post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Question about E-mail templates in 3.0
Do anyone knows whether it is possible to customize email templates to include e.g. flash or jpeg’s or just a plain word dodument?? ...

Reply of SMTP mail generate a wrong Adress
Hi, we have a problem by reply of SMTP Mail from extern like gmx. Out Exchange Display Name contains special characters like ( ), for example "Test, User (IT/IT1)". If we send a mail to gmx the adress was changed to "Test, User \(IT/IT1\)". By reply we got a wrong smtp Adresse, or if the replay was send back to exchange the recipient Adresse is displayed as "Test, User \(IT/IT1\)"<test.user@test.com@mailserver.com Any ideas ? Thank you "Ingo Huber" <IngoHuber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we have a problem by reply of SMTP Mail...

e-mail history increases the font size
I have an issue where certain e-mails will continually increase the font size of e-mail as the message gets sent back and forth. I have a word document with the text in it if anyone would like to see. Basically, with each reply, the history part of the message increases in size. By the time you bounce a message back and forth a few times, the font at the bottom is HUGE. Has anyone seen this before? Outlook 2002/Exchange system Thanks, Rich ...

Error when closing mail msg while calendar item is open
This error is reproducible on a number of machines at where I work. We have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. If I try to close a mail message while a calendar item is open in a different window, I get an error message. "error mailitem". That is it, no other information. This happens if either the mail item or the calendar item is opened first, but the mail item is closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...