Setting email so server will not save emails on server

I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I
do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read
and deleted from desktop.

Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted
emails?

On both machines:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of
messages on the server.

On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to
Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from
your server, and Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"bculler" <bculler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but
>when I
> do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already
> read
> and deleted from desktop.
>
> Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the
> deleted
> emails?

0
Bruce
1/2/2010 10:33:47 PM
"bculler" <bculler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when
> do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already
> read
> and deleted from desktop.
>
> Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted
> emails?

0
sames89
1/3/2010 12:42:09 AM
"bculler" <bculler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when
> do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already
> read
> and deleted from desktop.
>
> Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted
> emails?

0
sames89

No emails on windows live mail
Windows live mail wont work for some reason it says have have no emails at all That would usually indicate that you are using a POP3 mail server and another program has downloaded and deleted all the messages on the server. Or you haven't set the mail account up correctly in Windows Live Mail. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "STEVO" <STEVO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D69C94EF-AE66-41B2-B914-6E096CCBD428@microsoft.com... > Windows live mail wont work for some reason it says have have no > emails at all so w...

Previous versions looking at old DPM server
We have recently moved to a new DPM 2007 server and everything is working correctly except the end user restore feature. The previous versions tab only shows recovery points from the old DPM server. I have checked the “enable end user recovery” box and run the DPMADSchemaExtension.exe program. I also verified that the new DPM server has the same permissions as the old server for MS-ShareMapConfiguration in active directory. Hi Weiman, When you moved to new DPM server how did you configure the agent on the production server? Did you use SetDPMServer.exe on the Production...

Retrieving XML from SQL Server with Mapping Schemas
Hi, All, Anyone has any advice how to create XML file from SQL 2000 using mapping schema? Thanks ...

Standardizing Email Messages
We recently invested in a new look and feel for the company. I have discovered a way to enforce the signatures and disclaimer with the new branding, but now I need to enforce the body. I'm looking for a way to enforce the use of a font, size, and color. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Raymond ...

HELP! Health Savings account setup in payroll
Has anyone set-up the employees HSA account w/direct deposit and including an employer match? Can I get some idea how to set-up the "pre-tax" employee's deduction, then turn around and make a direct deposit. Carmie ------=_NextPart_0001_1EAD4F86 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Direct Deposit was not really designed for pre-tax payments to go to the employee. If you have EFT for payables you can set up a deduction/benefit for the HSA similar to how a 401k would be setup. You could then set the employee up as a vendo...

how do you set up a table of winners vs. losers with total as %?

This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service.
This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. <<message.txt>> Any idea's how to resolve this, can't view the message? ...

Filter and save result
After filtering a list, how do I save only the filtered result "as it is" on the same sheet and discard the rest? Please help...thanks. Paste it unto a new sheet and discard the old, or reverse the filter so you gat everything except what you intended to filter for and then delete all rows -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "annoni" <annoni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4C7227A-2063-4710-A1D4-0A58BA7ACA99@microsoft.com... > After filtering a list, how do I save only the filtered result "as it is" > on > the same sheet and...

display set of records in a form with previous and next button
In a worksheet around 500 records are there -Employee number,employee name, Joining date I need to display 5 records on the form depending on the date criteria. Let's say Joining date from 1st jan 05 to 30th Jan 05. There are 25 records satisfying this criteria and need to dispaly in 5 records at a time on the form. Once I click on the next button it should show next 5records satisfying this criteria, Same sa if i click on the previous button it should display the previous 5 records which satisfying this criteria. I have created 20 textboxes on the form like Sr EMP# ...

Printing name at top of email
Please help. In my office we typicaly have several e-mail addresses coming into our Microsoft Outlook. When we print out e-mails, it has our name at top in bold print. We would like to find a setting to elimanate the name at top, but not the to and from addresses. Any help would be appreciated. Tara "Tara" <tjftx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a79201c3eb6c$f4988f20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help. > In my office we typicaly have several e-mail addresses > coming into our Microsoft Outlook. When we print out > e-mails, it has our name at top in bold print. We w...

Problem inserting image in body of email
Hello I've had this problem before but can't remember the answer I want to insert an image inside the body of the email but it gets sent as an attached image instead. What is the trick please? Thanks Dave Neve wrote: > I've had this problem before but can't remember the answer > > I want to insert an image inside the body of the email but it gets sent as > an attached image instead. In the graphics program, use its Copy function. Then in your HTML formatted e-mail, use the Paste function (Ctrl+V). Won't work if composing in plain-text mode since ob...

Public Folders
We have migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have an email enabled Public Folders that have 25 or so email addresses(SMTP) that can accept mail. Under 5.5, we could add the "TO" column to our Outlook view, and then when opening the Public Folder, we could see the actual SMTP email address that the email came in under. Since moving to Exchange 2003, when we add the "TO" column, it seems to just display the Public Folder name itself--not the actual TO: address that the email address came in under. We had been using this address column to sort by, so it is ...

VB6 Save IDE Bookmarks
I've been looking for over an hour now for an Add-In to the VB6 IDE that will save my code bookmarks. MZTools claims to save bookmarks but what it saves is the location of the routine that the bookmark is located in. Not very useful. I've also found several other add-ins but they only seem to work with VC6. Anyone know of a simple add-in for Vb6 that will save and load bookmarks per project? many thanks AGP DIOS wrote: > I've been looking for over an hour now for an Add-In to the VB6 IDE > that will save my code bookmarks. MZTools claims to save bookmarks but ...

Multiple copies of emails being downloaded --Why??
I've just downloaded WLM and set it up. I have two main email accounts. Even though I've imported my old emails I am still getting all the emails downloaded from the servers. AND, I'm now getting 3 and 4 copies of all the emails. As I am restricted on my download capacity this is very aggravating. I want to keep copies of emails on the servers as I have several devices/computers where I check email. Is there a way to fix this? How do I get WLM to only download 'New' emails and not ones it's already downloaded or emails from 2007? Thanks for your ...

Will not Excel anymore...Please help!!
I can't get my xbox to load any games anymore... Do I need to get it serviced? Thanks, Marty. No, ditch it, buy a copy of Excel and write your own in VBA. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Marty James" <mjames@ripcurl.com.au> wrote in message news:BD2D7E64.6673%m...

Email does not come in while SMTP server authentication uncheck anonymous
I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS. Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow anonymous access while the email can allow incoming email from sedner outside domain? Thanks. In news:uYfxdJR8FHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, test <test@ok.com> typed: > I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the > anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS. > > Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow > anonymo...

Outgoing mail server #2
I'm getting an 'error' message,rather i'm being timed out;the outgoing mail server is not responding. What's the solution? ...

Default Email Client #4
How do I make Outlook my default email client? Internet Options/Programs tab Stop using whatever you were using <mrpierce@optusnet.net.au.nospam> wrote in message news:79ic215rfu9ill435ntc8r452d3obifa7v@4ax.com... > How do I make Outlook my default email client? ...

Is there a way to view messages on an Ex2k3 server
It seems like I used to be able to view messages of a mailbox on an exchange server but I don't know how in Exchange 2003 short of using the web interface. Is there a way using the sys admin tool or ads? Thanks No - you need a mail client, such as Outlook, OWA, etc.... ayz wrote: > It seems like I used to be able to view messages of a mailbox on an > exchange server but I don't know how in Exchange 2003 short of using > the web interface. Is there a way using the sys admin tool or ads? > > Thanks thanks "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybud...

Receiving duplicates of each email
When I get email, I am getting two copies of each message I receive. They are identical and are happening from senders both in and outside of the office. We are running Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. Does anybody know what causes this? Thank you, Bill ...

Cannot open email with a Digital Signature
I receive the following message when I attempt to open an email with a digital signature attached. "Cannot open this item. Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system." The email server is Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise edition and I am using Outlook 2003 for the client. danbos <danbos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I receive the following message when I attempt to open an email with a > digital signature attached. > > "Cannot open this item. Your Digital ID name can not be found by the > underlying security system....

unexpected error when sending email
I have been unable to send email to other user at all. I've set-up the CRM with the MSDN Subscriber set version 1.2 international english Every email sent from the CRM client returns the error unexpected error ...

New email still goes 2 Outlook Inbox when Outlook is closed
When I close out Outlook 2003, my new e-mail has always gone to my web-based e-mail account. It has always done this since I've been using e-mail. A couple of days ago, new e-mail continues to go into my Outlook e-mail account, even after I close out Outlook, and I can't pick it up on my web-based e-mail. Any solutions? Thanks! Please e-mail me at alhauser@prodigy.net In that case, something is preventing Outlook from closing completely. To troubleshoot see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Con...

Email disable auto message for vacation
Your query for "disable email auto messages that say out on vacation additional t..." HUH!!!???? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Success asked: | Your query for "disable email auto messages that say out on vacation | additional t..." ...

Save Button
Is there any way you can make the save and save as buttons in excel password protected or hidden for a specific spread sheet. I want to produce a template where users can imput their results and excel will calculate the results and let you print it off but not allow you to save it. Hi you can put the following code in your workbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) cancel=true End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany derrycraig@hotmail.com wrote: > Is there any way you can make the save and save as buttons > in excel...