set up email 07-14-10

hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my
Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of
problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account
on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful
for any help.

"Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is
> my
> Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds
> of
> problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an
> account
> on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful
> for any help.

Who is your service provider?

What is the part of your email address beyond the @ ?

Please copy and paste the complete error messages that WM provides.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
7/14/2010 11:13:13 AM
"Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is
> my
> Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds
> of
> problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an
> account
> on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile
"Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is
> my
> Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds
> of
> problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an
> account
> on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile
"Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is
> my
> Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds
> of
> problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an
> account
> on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile
"Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is
> my
> Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds
> of
> problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an
> account
> on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile
"Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is
> my
> Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds
> of
> problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an
> account
> on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile
"Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is
> my
> Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds
> of
> problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an
> account
> on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile
0
xiaopianzi555
7/20/2010 8:18:40 AM
<xiaopianzi555@163.com> wrote in message

I love you too -- Not.

Go Away!!

   mac

0
mac

Email Addresses not populating after creating new user
We are running SBS2003. After creating several new users, it is not populating the Email Addresses tab under the users properties. I have the checkbox for "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" checked and I have also tried to force apply the global recipient rules in Exchange Manager, but none of that is working. I think this is also the reason why Outlook is not able to resolve this users name when I try to connect their Outlook to the exchange server. Brian The problem could be that the Recipient Update Service cannot update the users becau...

Exchange 2003 Adding a footer to outgoing emails
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to add a footer to all outbound emails in Exchange 2003 Thanks Mark Hi Mark You can do it via an Event Sink as detailed in these articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Or use a third-party app. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:%23QMqSEnSFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, &g...

i set my rules and nothing happens
rules will not work i trouble shot and still nothing. I just want message from a contact to go in certan folder. please help. Princessholly <Princessholly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > rules will not work i trouble shot and still nothing. I just want > message from a contact to go in certan folder. please help. State your Outlook version and the exact text of the rule that will not work. State if you have any other rules and, if so, where the failing rule is in the list in relation to the other rules. Give an example of a message you believe should trigger the rule b...

Email Campaign with Attachments
Dear Community I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily business ??? Thanx for all answers Marcel please save the campaign first, then you can attach the file. "Marcel" wrote: > Dear Community > > I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a > campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? > > Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily busine...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

GP 10 Upgrade error eone excelbuilder gpaddin threw an exception
I ran my live GP10 install tonight. Everything on the server ran fine but when I tried updating my own pc, install runs, I can launch Utilities, but when I try to log in I get this error message: "eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.Engine.dll: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. InnerException: The type initializer for eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.GPAddIn threw an exception." My pc is XP Pro, SP3 with Office 2007. Any ideas on how to get past this? Thanks, DavidF. I figured out the problem. One of my modified dictionaries didn't upgrade. I reran utili...

Password Setting on Exchange
>I have outlook password protected, but I can only enter >the password once, and If I make a mistake, it locks me >out on exchange. Is there a setting within outlook that >let's me try to increase the number of tries for example >give 3 try before locking the user out. I do use NT security to logoin to my machine, but still want the extra security of protecting the outlook. I know there is a setting on exchange that can be used to do this, but I do not know what and where I can set it up. Any help is appreciated. ...

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

tasks #14
In task sectio of the calender screen if you have several items listed, how can you rearrange the order of the items showing. Right-click the TaskPad header and choose Customize Current View. You can set your sort order there, add filters, etc. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:c40901c47a2c$ac3990e0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Leon Goldhoff wrote: > In task sectio of the calender screen if you have several > items listed, how can you rearrange the...

Export email profiles
I have a client that is getting a new computer. I can move the pst file from one system to the other. However, this doesn't move the email address and settings. I understand that the settings are kept in the registry. Is there a way to export the email accounts and then import them on the new computer. In OE, we can export the email accounts and then reimport them on the new system. Is there a way to do this with Outlook 2003? Thanks, Joe Are the machines both running Outlook 2003? Will the user's .pst files be in the same location? If yes, to both, you should be able to use ...

multiple emails #3
Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really annoying my clients. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052f01c3b25b$d0974b10$a401280a@phx.gbl, Jim wrote: > Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple > emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really &...

setting up cash portion of account
One of my money accounts has a money market sweep account. How do I change money so that all cash transactions get posted to the seep account as opposed to the "cash" account. thanks much! gb1, Your investment account and your sweep account should not be two separate accounts in Money. All cash transactions in the single investment account are swept periodically (daily?) into the sweep investment (not an account). Treat the sweep investment like you would any other investment in the account. When choosing the type of investment from the investment wizard, choose money mark...

How to keep the print output colour setting for the same file?
I have two Excel files saved in a network drive. And I access the files in two different servers in a separate location. I have no problem printing both the files with the correct setting (especially the print output colour) that I saved with the files using one of the servers. However, when I try to print the same files in the other server; one of the files print setting has changed to black and white. These files are the same files that I opened in a same network drive. Wondering why one file print setting works and the other doesn't. Can anyone can help? ...

Country, Phone and email showing inthe Bill to or Ship To fields
When we set a customer in Store Operations POS we need to verify some extra information in the Bill to and Ship to windows for shipping purposes. Is there a way to display the Country, Phone number and the email address in these windows? At the very least we need to be able to see the country. Had a similar issue a few months ago where I needed to see customer email, phone, available balance, and account number - but the white boxes "bill to" and "ship to" aren't editable, so I got assistance on this newsgroup (think it was Jerry Data - thanks Jerry) on editing...

Html emails stripped down to plain text
I have two users for the company I work for that are trying to send html formatted emails to eachother they are using Outlook 2003. Now I know all the security issues and stuff that comes with it but they are the bosses and thats what they want. So when User A sends an email to User B the html is stripped out and its put into plain text. But when User B gets html emails from others they can see it in html. User A can recieve and read html emails from User B just fine. So my question is who has the problem User A or User B and what is the problem? Then how do you fix that problem? Thanks,...

Easily change smtp servers for all email-accounts
People, I got my laptop with me basically everywhere I go, but I find it totally annoying that I have to change the smtp-server settings for each and every account when wanting to send mail from a different location than the time before. I have about 15 accounts that I regularly recieve email to and ehwn I reply to these I always have to change the smtp-server. Is there a way to fix this easily for all accounts? Best regards, Henning Frettem Oslo, Norway I should probably mention that I run MS Office 2002 SP3 ...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...

Corrupt emails when using multipart content types
I am running Exchange 2003 with latest SPs and am running into a very strange problem. When we receive certain emails, the contents of the messages have been corrupted. Exclamation points (!) seem to appear randomly in the text (usually an exclamation point followed by a space). The messages both contain HTML and TEXT content, the header is: Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10" The text version content type is: ------=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tr...

Date Settings in CRM
hi I am trying to change the default date format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy but everytime i go to Settings - Organization Settings - System settings and then calendar and make the changes and save it the system does not save them and reverts back to its original settings. Any advice on this would be really appreciated. Regards Ridhima Please ignore this question. I got a reply in the article referred in another news group. "Ridhima Sood" wrote: > hi > I am trying to change the default date format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy > but everytime i go to Settings - O...

"Sounds" settings not working in Sound and Audio Devices
Hi, For some reason when I go into the "Sounds" tab under Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel and select that a certain event has "No Sound" the setting does not stick and the original sound remains. I'm clicking the "Apply" button when I make the change but it doesn't matter. Any ideas on what's causing this and how to fix it? Thanks for your help with this. Monty Robison Widows XP Professional Service Pack 2 I think you have to click "Save As" and name your customised scheme. /However/, I posted a similar query on 13...

INI/Hex editing/Registry/ANYTHING to set default paragraph spacing
Thanks for looking at my cry for help I've search google over and over again trying to find a way to set the default paragraph spacing, but I fail to find an answer. I'm willing to do anything to have OneNote have "12 after" default selected. I'm a pretty advanced user who feels comfortable with registry/hex editing, and I'd be willing to try anything, because this is driving me nuts If there is no solution at all... I'll have to drop OneNote regardless of how useful it is. I can't be changing it every time I start a little note. Nor am I...

import email and addressbook from thunderbird
how do i import email and addressbook from mozilla's thunderbird to outlook? Tom wrote: > how do i import email and addressbook from mozilla's thunderbird to outlook? have a look here: http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Help on this: keep receiving multiple emails
recently my outlook keep receiving multiple emails, they are all the same, for one sigle email, I may get 2-5 copies received in outlook. I think there is nothing going on with my ICP, cause i've leave a copy on the server, and view emails via Web interface without downloading by pop3, none email is duplicated. First I thought it maybe email scaning software that keep creating copies of the same email. I boot to safemode with network support, no other program was loaded, but the same issue happen again, and the currently network connecting is ok, i can view emails via web page. In...

public calendar default settings
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I have my default Outlook calendar and have created a second public calendar that is shared with others on my Exchange server. The default reminder setting for my default Outlook calendar is 1 hour. That seems to also be the default reminder setting for the things I put on the public calendar. However, the public calendar items do not need reminders. But when I change the default reminder setting to "none," that has now become the default reminder setting for my personal calendar as well. Is there a way to set separate defaults fo...

vista 08-05-10
Dit is een meerdelig bericht in de MIME-indeling. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CB34CD.CECFDC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hallo allemaal, In mijn postvak uit heb ik 3 berichten die "vast" blijven zitten en=20 verwijderd kunnen worden, hierdoor kan ik geen mail meer versturen, = deze 3=20 berichten blokkeren het gehele stysteem. Hoe kan ik dit probleem verhelpen?? Ik heb windows vista!!!!!!!!! Met vriendelijke groet, Harry=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CB34CD.CECFDC60 Content-Typ...