server information

i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
can somone help please ?

"wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com...
>i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
> can somone help please ?

Who is your mail provider and or ISP?

Give us the error message generated when sending fails.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
7/31/2010 12:29:37 AM
It isn't clear to me whether you know the correct information, or just a matter of
not knowing where to enter it.
For the correct settings see
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.
Come back if you need more help, but be sure to post a copy of the error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"wildcat2008@live.co.uk"  wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com...

i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
can somone help please ?

0
Gary
8/1/2010 2:29:38 AM
i dont sorry
"wildcat2008@live.co.uk" <wildcat2008@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:0630BEAC-0EB1-4450-B3EA-C94EB76EE018@microsoft.com...
>i am unable to send messages and have no idea how to change server details
> can somone help please ?

0
ashley

Hosting other websites on LB OWA Servers
We're considering collocation. We're on a budget and don't expect too much traffic but want some fault tolerance and better performance. Is it acceptable to run production web sites/web applications on the same load-balanced IIS as Exchange? Two servers-one OWA, one web site, two (light) data-driven web apps? Thanks in advance. On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:26:41 -0400, "msnews.microsoft.com" <intranologydeveloper@hotmail.com> wrote: >We're considering collocation. We're on a budget and don't expect too much >traffic but want some fault toleran...

Move Information Store
How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "optimizer" and relocate the information store. Is there a way to do this with o3? tia This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "smw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612501c42e27$172305f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 > server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "op...

Exchange server on MAPS RSS list
My Exchange 2000 server is on blacklisted on RSS. Whenever I run a open relay test from any website other than RSS it shows my relay is closed. My question is why is it that RSS shows my server as an open relay and how do I correct this? You could be on a BL for a number of reasons. Some RBL owners are stricter than others. It does not mean they are right, but it is their database/server and they wield the power to decide what they will block you for and for how long. If you are willing to provide your MX info, we can help you find out if you are truly open relay or not. -- Sincerely, D�j...

Exchange Server Registry Descriptions ??????
I need to find out the descriptions for all the Registry Entries that are related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Is there any place where I could find a list of Registry Guide for Exchange or atleast a list of all the entries related to Exchange. These are the KEYS I am looking information on. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeDSAccess HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeES HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeMTA HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\C...

How long should it take an Information Store to start with no edb.chk
We've been having problems with our 5.5 server (20 hours in now) Having performed a restore of an offline backup we started the Information Store with no edb.chk. I believe this will go through all the edb.log files and replay what it needs to. I have 26 log files (so 130Mb) and the priv.edb is around 31Gb in size. The information store has been starting up now for over 5 hours. There seems to be activity the service control "clock" is spinning. No errors in the Event logs whilst this happens. I read in article KB 200941 How the Restore in Progress Registry Key works that if...

Printin DOS Application in Terminal Server
Hello, I'm working with a DOS application in TS, I need to capture the printer thaht i've in my session to a port lpt1, someone has any script that can detect the TS default printer, share it and use it as LPT1? -- Saluda Atte. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pedro C. Arias. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On 06/04/10 08:47, Pedro C. Arias wrote: > Hello, I'm working with a DOS application in TS, I need to capture > the printer thaht i've in my ...

HQ Server
Hi, Does anyone know a way to start HQ server as a service? rgds, Henk Wieland Hi Hank, HQ Server is not a service - it only starts when the user logs in. Are you having problems keeing it running? Have a great day! Amy -- Amy Luby, President Mobitech 13430 "L" Street Omaha, NE 68137 402.330.0707(o) 402.614.3519(f) www.mobitech.biz Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner: Microsoft Retail Management System "Henkie" <Henkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDF55408-533E-4947-8F00-D29DC88F41EB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does an...

How can I stop repeatint information from appearing in my report
I am tracking Clearances for Foster Parents & their families. My queries work great (thanks, by the way to those that helped!!). I am now trying to create a report. Everything works great EXCEPT for the fact that I have repeating data appearing. I have the Foster Parent (FP) info and the Spousal information in the Header section of my report. In the DETAIL section I have the REsidents int he home (there can be many residents to one Foster Parent). Here is the problem. Becaue the REsident info is relating to BOTH the Spouse and FP info it is repeating TWICE. But if I put the Spousa...

How to limit the number of instances of an application on a server?
Hello all, I want to know (and to limit) the number of instances of my application on a server such as Microsoft Server 2003 or 2008. I know how to look for multiple instances of an app using Joe's code ("How to avoid multiple instances.. http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm#Avoiding%20Multiple%20Application%20Instances). I've implemented Joe's code and tested it the following way : Using Vista, I log in as user A and start my application. Then, without closing user A session, I log in as user B and start the same application. I had hoped that the mutex created when running th...

Crashed server in the ESM
I have a crashed server in the System manager, i am now using a new server as the exchange server 2003. But some objects still point to the crashed server. I tried hitting the 'DEL' key but it does not seem to work. It freezes for a while and then does nothing. I have removed all instances of this server from the AD but i would be completely satisfied once its gone from the ESM. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Kunal Fire up ADSIEdit and delete from Configuration | Services | Microsoft Exchange | Your Exchange Org | Administrative Groups | Your Admin Group | Servers. -- Bharat S...

POP3 server connect errors
Hello, WinXP Pro, Outlook 2k SP3 POP3 server connect failures. a) can send/receive emails under 100kb b) setup Outlook logging, and see server connect failures in logs for all email accounts across 3 domains. Things tried 1) All usual settings checked over, been running smoothly for months - ZoneAlarm, McAfee v8. Same results whether these disabled or enabled [did shut them down to test]. 2) Removed/Re-added Outlook email accounts. All settings standard POP3 110. Also tried increasing time-out. 3) Uninstalled/Re-installed Outlook 4) Moved outlook.pst and let Outlook recreate fresh pst...

Process server and times events
There seems to be mention of process server supporting timed events but I'm unable to find any more detail on this function - can anybody help? Is this for report server, or is that a separate function altogether? ...

Business Portal 2.5 installation error "Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data."
hi, i got this message Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data upon installing Business Postal 2.5 Please help.. tnx Stephen, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The error you got generally means there is a data issue with either the DYNAMICS..SY01500 or DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade tables. Verify that all companies listed in those tables are still valid in your environment. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Stephen Lee Glo...

Colour code from different servers
-- I collect mail from 2 different servers and I was wondering if it is possible to have them show in the IN BOX in different colours. I know I can select different senders by colour but I want to show all senders that came from each server. Can anybody help Pete A "Pete A" <PeteA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB77DCA6-A07E-47E9-AD04-62C8B6BC1193@microsoft.com... > > -- I collect mail from 2 different servers and I was wondering if it is > possible to have them show in the IN BOX in different colours. I know I > can > select different se...

Re: server and client threads #2
On 2/3/2005 1:48 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> When you spawn the child thread you ordinarily pass it a parameter. -> What I do is make that parameter a pointer to the instance of the -> server class that spawned the child. That way, the child can easily -> notify its parent about any special events that may be useful. -> Termination is one such case! I also find it very useful to send a -> stream of diagnostic and debugging information to the parent who can -> display it, log it, or ignore it depending on circumstances. Good point. Now since my server thread...

BP external deployment with no ISA server
Has anyone successfully deployed BP externally with no ISA server? I know ISA server is the only supported means of using BP on an extranet but my client doesnt have one. Any suggestions? Thanks Marisol Have them get one. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Marisol Britton" wrote: > Has anyone successfully deployed BP externally with no ISA server? I know > ISA server is the only supported means of using BP o...

Two Exchange servers no connection between mailboxes
Hi, I have just installed an Exchange 2003 server in the same forest as an Exchange 2000 server. The idea is to transfer all the mailboxes across when i'm satisfied the new server is doing everything I need. I moved two mailboxes today and have struck an issue. These two mailboxes can send mail to one another, but neither can send or receive mail from mailboxes still on the original exchange server. Is this normal? I would prefer not to move all the other mailboxes until I know it's working but I can't test it properly with this restriction. Thanks, John ...

/removeorg will it affect my 5.5 servers?
I have recently installed Exchange 2003 into my exchange 5.5 site, I now need to remove the 2003 server as it was only a test. Can I use the /removeorg to remove the exchange 2003 data from my active directory without it affecting my current 5.5 site. Thanks in advance. Lee. Lee Too late now but you shouldn't mess with your production environment in this manner. Get yourself a copy of MS Virtual Server or VMware and setup a lab. Did you set up the ADC connector as well? If so remove this and make sure your environment is stable before proceeding. In theory the /removeorg should h...

Help with setup of IIS Server
Hello, Could someone please point me in the right direction/newsgroups? I'm looking to setup an intranet server and need help with the setup and configuration of Windows Server 2003 IIS. Thanks William Hello Bill, Check: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis microsoft.public.inetserver.misc Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hello, > > Coul...

Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server
Hello everyone! We're diving into CRM 3.0. The web based testing phase ran well and we're now trying to play with the outlook desktop client. During the setup, I get the following error: "Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down." I've tried modifying the default_client_config.xml file with the server ip address, the netbios name and eventually the FQDN. All failed. The web version, however, was reachable in all cases. I also tried increasing my privileges to local administrator after some google search, the error ...

Double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains Server
Why do we have double database backups occuring only on our Great Plains server? There is nothing abnormal with our database backup jobs. Though, we are using SQL Server database maintenaince plans for backing up the Great Plain databases. We even upgraded to a new server, and the dame problem exists. Furthermore, we have over 20 SQL Server 2000 servers, and this problem does not exist. Thank you. Have you checked your settings for Maintenance Plans and SQL Jobs in Enterprise Manager? Most likely you will see two jobs created in there for backups. To my knowledge Great Plains doe...

Outlook 2003 client connecting to Exchange 2000 server
I just recently moved my training department to XP & outlook 2003. They have a training calendar in the public folder list. When they send attendee/meeting requests for upcoming training events and the attendees accept the meeting, the tracking tab on the event does not update as being accepted. When they do it from a windows 2000 with outlook 2000 machine the tracking tab updates fine. Any suggestions? Also if it's an outlook 2003 to exchange 2000 issue does it get fixed when I move to Exchange 2003? Thanks John ...

Setting database location to SQL Server
Hello, I'm looking to move the POS system database from the local MSDE database to a SQL server. I've restored a recent backup (.bck) to a SQL server machine on our network and I'm looking for information on how to reconnect the POS to the new SQL server. Before we go live I will restore a new backup but I'm just testing the solution for now. The overall plan is to separate the database from the cash register and allow SQL server to perform backups and other normal database task. Is there a separate configuration tool for changing data connection information? ...

how to forward mail to correct domains and Exch servers,
We have an NT 4 domain (call it "NT4") and a new AD domain (call it "AD"). Domain NT4 is NT 4 with Exchange 5.5. New domain AD with Windows 2003 and very soon Exchange 2003. We have one Internet domain name ("abc.com"). How can we have mail sent to user@abc.com get routed to the correct Exchange server on the correct domain? Currently our firewall passes all SMTP traffic to the NT4 Exchange 5.5 server. I'm thinking the answer is the ADC, but will this work between two different (but trusting) domains? If this is the answer, does the ADC end up "ins...

Internal server information broadcasted over Internet via SMTP
When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent it from broadcasting it's internal information? Thanks! 220 servername.domain.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790. Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=836564 -- Teo Heras "Dragon" wrote: > When I Telnet to my Exchange 2003 SP1 server from the Internet, it > responds with the below information. Does anyone know how to prevent > it from broadcasting it's internal information? > Thanks! > >...