Sending e-mails on the correct server for the Hotmail system

I can no longer use http to send e-mails. what can I do to line up with what
my computer will allow to send e-mails to other servers

Windows Mail, this email client which this newsgroup supports until =
group closure, does not support the http protocol(currently=20
called DeltaSync for Hotmail accounts)
- you have three options for Hotmail type accounts(Live.com, =
Hotmail.com, Msn.com and similar derivatives of the same domaian e.g.=20
live.uk.com, live.nl etc)
1. Windows Live Mail
2. Outlook 2003 and greater and only with the Outlook Hotmail Connector =
installed
3. Browser access to the Hotmail web interface (http:/hotmail.com or =
http://mail.live.com - both yielding the same end=20
destination - Hotmail UI)

Hotmail accounts can be setup using Pop3 in any capable Pop3 email =
client
Instructions for doing so can be found here:
    Hotmail and MSN Accounts POP3/SMTP Access
    =
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!422.entry

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Dottyjo"  wrote in message =

I can no longer use http to send e-mails. what can I do to line up with =
what
my computer will allow to send e-mails to other servers=20

0
winston
8/2/2010 5:53:36 AM
"Dottyjo" <Dottyjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can no longer use http to send e-mails. what can I do to line up with
>what
> my computer will allow to send e-mails to other servers

0
vygandas
8/2/2010 7:32:36 PM
"Dottyjo" <Dottyjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can no longer use http to send e-mails. what can I do to line up with
>what
> my computer will allow to send e-mails to other servers

0
ANTONIO

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

Slow Response time after server move to AD
I've recently moved my Windows 2003 Server running GP 8.0 from a stand alone server on a Novell network to a member server in Active Directory. The response time from client computers has slowed drastically. It also ocurred when the clients were part of Active Directory and the sevrer was still a stand alone (workgroup). Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be slowing the response time of GP, primarily on customer screens. Thanks! Ben DeGennaro ...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Problems with reading date/time format from SQL server
Helo! I made a pivot table. I get data from external source - SQL server. On of the columns is date/time type. For some reason unknown to me, Exce doesn't read this dates correctly. Instead of dots between months an days it puts little squares .. ?!? I opened the same file on m coworkers comp. and it works just fine. If anyone has already encountered this and knows how to fix it .. plase reply. thnx j -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There may be some difficulties getting external data properly into Excel. If not done correctly you cannot use the data in formulae e....

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine
Hi, i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available...

Small Business Server License
My Windows 2003 Small Business Server (run with virtual PC) will not start because the demo license has expired. I was advised by Microsoft to change the date on my computer, start the server, change the license key and start again with correct date. This does not work. Can anyone give me some advice? P�l WM-data Consulting Norway Hi: Has your copy of SBS server been activated? If not, and you have an action apck or MSDN subscription, you might be able to activate the software using your keys... When you click activation it should give you a "Cannot activate" message and gi...

POP server always changes to localhost
Hello, My outlook is having a wierd issue. I have three POP3 accounts set up to check email in Outlook. After some point in time, all three will stop functioning because in the E-mail accounts settings dialog my incoming mail server will get changed to localhost, and it fails to log in to box to pull my mail. It appends the POP3 server name to my user name which seems odd. So, to summarize, my Incoming mail server (POP3) field changes from it's usual value (something like mail.server.com) to localhost, and my mail server gets appended to my user name (something like username...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...

Virus Outbreak by using SMTP virtual server
Hi, The client was accidentally open approved-password.zip file then the nightmare began to spread out. It will use "system administrator" and "webmaster" as sender to inform the user that their password is grant or deny. Today, it tried to send out as NDR style. I assumed the virus on the workstation is using our smtp server. Will there a log that SMTP virtual server may generate so I can keep cross reference such as workstation or username so I can pinpoint? Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. I am currently using Trend Micro Offican or Scan...

Checking mails with MS Outlook closed?!
Hi, is it possible to have MS Outlook notify me of new accounts in a minimized status. i.e. i have a low memory and i don't want extra programs to be opened on my computer. i want to have outlook closed still i want it to to checkup my imcoming mails and provided i should have new mails it would popup and notify me accordingly. is that possible in outlook? if not, is there any program that could do that? regards, eqbal Outlook can't do anything if it's not opened. Is the mailbox you're checking a POP3 mailbox? If so, there are a number of very small programs that c...

? types as an ampersand E
Why and how can I fix this? It happens sometimes, not all the time. Thanks. Based on the information you provided, I would guess that your keyboard is malfunctioning. The problem might be very different from that guess, but there is not much information provided. "Moberly" <Moberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5ED966F-ADF5-48A0-A2A3-7F1998C5922B@microsoft.com... > Why and how can I fix this? It happens sometimes, not all the time. > Thanks. ...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes
hi when i want add a new field in contact i have this error : dmLog: Failed to add new String attribute (CFSl_importance) to Contact entity. and dmLog: New size of the attribute ({00027E4A-174C-4D15-AF43-C64CF39E0BA4}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes. is someone know why? th u mathias This would be very helpful since I ran into the same problem where I was able to create a customization file, but couldn't import it on a different system. However, where can I find this on Partnersource? I can't find the article, nor can I find any fix releases. Is there a pla...

Newly acquired company mail?
Hello all... I've been assigned a task that I can't seem to find any good info on while browsing the net. Company A has acquired companies B and C and would like to be able to give all newly acquired employees access to both e-mail domains. This would effectively give all new employees two accounts (one from companyA and the other companyB/C). I'm looking for a quick rundown on how best to set this up. If anyone can help I'd be forever gracious. Thanks! Randy 1. You can Merge the accounts of B and C to the Exchange environment of Company 'A' 2. Configure Rec...

E-mail Template Question 07-14-03
Is it possible to have an e-mail template in CRM that has a Microsoft Word document attached to the template? -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

Authenticated mail
Hi! I hope someone can help me. How can I configure my Excange 2003 and my Outlook 2003 to just accept autenticated mails Thaks for your help Drfine "authenticated mails". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "lmelm" <lmelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220565B7-2357-424F-B5C7-20EE1E5EC4E7@microsoft.com... > Hi! > I hope someone can help me. How can I configure my Excange 2003 and my > Outlook 2003 to just accept autenticated mails > Thaks for your help > On Tue, 13 Sep ...