Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows

I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it out. I
have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. I have
just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and viruses
etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the following
error.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ
5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '554 5.2.1   554 AOL will not accept delivery of this
message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
0x800CCC6F

If your out there Gary can you help?

It's not the same problem. The error message is different.
However, it wouldn't hurt to make sure you still have that
"My server requires authorization" setting enabled.
While you are at that screen, click on the General tab,
then remove everything in the 'Reply address' box. Also
look at what you have in the box just above that, which is
labeled 'Email address'. Make sure that email address ends
in @aol.com. Then click OK, and try sending.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"nufcquigs" <nufcquigs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it =
out. I=20
> have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. =
I have=20
> just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and =
viruses=20
> etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the =
following=20
> error.
>=20
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account =
Manager HQ=20
> 5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: =
SMTP,=20
> Server Response: '554 5.2.1   554 AOL will not accept delivery of this =

> message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error =
Number:=20
> 0x800CCC6F
>=20
> If your out there Gary can you help?
0
Gary
5/11/2010 5:10:46 PM
Hi Gary

Tried that and nothing, still getting the following

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: AOL', Account: 'imap.aol.com',

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> It's not the same problem. The error message is different.
> However, it wouldn't hurt to make sure you still have that
> "My server requires authorization" setting enabled.
> While you are at that screen, click on the General tab,
> then remove everything in the 'Reply address' box. Also
> look at what you have in the box just above that, which is
> labeled 'Email address'. Make sure that email address ends
> in @aol.com. Then click OK, and try sending.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "nufcquigs" <nufcquigs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91778104-AA7A-47FB-A096-3406BCF2520A@microsoft.com...
> >I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it out. I
> > have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. I have
> > just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and viruses
> > etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the following
> > error.
> >
> > An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ
> > 5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> > Server Response: '554 5.2.1   554 AOL will not accept delivery of this
> > message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> > 0x800CCC6F
> >
> > If your out there Gary can you help?
> .

Well, it's not a problem with Windows Live Mail, it's a problem with
AOL's mail server. You will need to call AOL Support and ask them=20
why they are refusing to send your email message.
It might be something they don't like in the body of the message.
Try sending a simple message to yourself, using only plain text,
no images or URLs.

> Hi Gary
>=20
> Tried that and nothing, still getting the following
>=20
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: AOL', Account: =
'imap.aol.com',=20
> Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.2.1   =
554 AOL=20
> will not accept delivery of this message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): =
No,=20
> Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> It's not the same problem. The error message is different.
>> However, it wouldn't hurt to make sure you still have that
>> "My server requires authorization" setting enabled.
>> While you are at that screen, click on the General tab,
>> then remove everything in the 'Reply address' box. Also
>> look at what you have in the box just above that, which is
>> labeled 'Email address'. Make sure that email address ends
>> in @aol.com. Then click OK, and try sending.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "nufcquigs" <nufcquigs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> >I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it =
out. I=20
>> > have went to send email again today and the same problem has =
happend. I have=20
>> > just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware =
and viruses=20
>> > etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the =
following=20
>> > error.
>> >=20
>> > An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account =
Manager HQ=20
>> > 5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: =
SMTP,=20
>> > Server Response: '554 5.2.1   554 AOL will not accept delivery of =
this=20
>> > message ', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error =
Number:=20
>> > 0x800CCC6F
>> >=20
>> > If your out there Gary can you help?
>> .

0
Gary

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Unable to llaunch FRx
Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today. When users try to launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen flashes for a second then disappears. There is no error message and no entry in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs. I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam Canada) reports show up. This was working fine yesterday. I reran the FRx index scripts but that did not resolve it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Jim Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But bac...

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Crash on 'Send"

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Mail lMerge

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Border problems

Slow receive via VPN
I'm using Outlook 2000 in Exchange mode via VPN over DSL. Everything works great except when someone sends mail with an attachment. Even a small attachment like a 150k Word doc locks up Outlook for about 45 seconds. If I have Outlook closed and open it to find the same attachment no problem. Only when Outlook is currently open and is receiving it is there a problem. I thought the mail was stored on the server and was only retrieved when requested. Why would it freeze only during receive? After Outlook starts working again I can retrieve the email in a couple of seconds. BTW, I have ...

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

Send #4
Why is it that some of the send functions just keep the mail in the outbox until I close Outlook and reopen it? This happens on many replies and on all my context menu: send to email recipient and my send link to: ...

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...

Distrebution List to send as internal user
I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails sales@mydomain.com it should... Distribute it to the sales team. Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com Any ideas? Thanks Peretz Stern wrote: > I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails > sales@mydomain.com it should... > > Distribute it to the sales team. > Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com > > Any ideas? Thanks If someone outside your office sends mail to a DL, it will be from the original sender. I can't think of any way around...