Removing accounts

I have been using Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail. There is some
duplication of accounts that I want to sort out and tidy up. The relevant
Properties box that is checked is – ‘Remove from server when deleted from
Deleted items.’
If I do remove an account that is in both WM and WLM will it remove both of
them so that I lose the information completely, or just the one I select to
remove from?
Thank you.

The setting "Remove from server when deleted from Deleted items"
refers to email messages, not to accounts.

But be careful when removing an account in Windows Live Mail; it
will also remove all messages stored in the folders of that account
in your Windows Live Mail.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"aitch" <aitch372@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have been using Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail. There is some=20
> duplication of accounts that I want to sort out and tidy up. The =
relevant=20
> Properties box that is checked is =E2=80=93 =E2=80=98Remove from =
server when deleted from=20
> Deleted items.=E2=80=99=20
> If I do remove an account that is in both WM and WLM will it remove =
both of=20
> them so that I lose the information completely, or just the one I =
select to=20
> remove from?=20
> Thank you.

0
Gary

Unable to add OWA account to outlook 2007
Hi! I've got a university OWA account that I want to use outlook 2007 with. I can't manage to get it working, it's come up with various messages, such as outlook has to be closed to add email accounts and that it cannot connect to the server. Here's the info I can find on my OWA account: Mailbox owner: [xxxx.xxxxxxxxx@students.plymouth.ac.uk] User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 Outlook Web Access experience: Basic User language: English (United Kingdom) User time zone: Exchange mailbox address:...

Account Balance
I'm having a problem where my account balance does not match the account balance on the home page or the account list page. I have already tried to repair the money file with no improvement. I have noticed one thing: when I change the account view to be "unreconciled transactions only" or "unaccepted transactions" the account balance changes to where it matches the balance shown on the home page and the account list page. When the view is changed back to "all transactions" it returns to a balance that is different than the home page or the account list pag...

Remote Control Tab on User Accounts in exchange 2003
What is the functionality of the Remote Control tab on an users account and how do I use it. Researched it but can't find any answers. Thanks Nothing to do with Exchange. Post to Windows.Admin. However, it controls access to remote desktops if you users were using Terminal Services. Nue "jennifer" <jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E291C103-3939-4DC8-BF0F-6C88643AF1A1@microsoft.com... > What is the functionality of the Remote Control tab on an users account > and > how do I use it. Researched it but can't find any answers. ...

default email account problem.
Is there a way in outlook2003 to NOT have a default email account when creating a new message? For example I want outlook to ask me every time which email account to use before sending the message instead of automatically sending it with the default email account. Yes I know that I can choose which account to use but the problems is sometimes I just forget and it creates problems and makes an idiot out of me when I email someone with a different account. Paul wrote: > Is there a way in outlook2003 to NOT have a default email account when > creating a new message? For example I wa...

Accessing other's e-mail accounts in Exchange 2003
I have 2 basic questions for Exchange 2003 and I'm hoping someone can help me out here. The message is long as I have to explain the scenarios. :) 1. We have some e-mail accounts that are no longer used (e.g. old employees, etc.) that we need to access. I can certainly access the with the user's credentials. Is there a way to access someone's mailbox as an "Administrator" instead of as the user? For example, can Administrator access John Doe's mailbox using Administrator's credentials? This is of course assuming the Administrator has permissions to do. If s...

Cannot remove ADC after removing 5.5 Exchange Servers
All migration was completed and 5.5 servers removed as per the MS articles. I cannot uninstall ADC. I get a message saying there are active connectors that have to be moved. The managment console seems of no help, and I have been unable to locate any articles that shed light on this. The message terminates the uninstall. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. -- LarryH Did you check this? (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316886) Removing the last Exchange 5.5 Server computer 1. Stop Exchange 5.5 services, and then set the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant to disabled. ...

Maintain percent rates in Analytical Accounting
In multi dimension Analysis a fixed rate can be setup for Account Analysis default by specifying the percentage but in Analytical Accounting rates need to be reentered at each transaction entry for the GL that need to be analysis. How can I fixed the rate without reentering it after each transaction? Hi gboye, Thanks for your question. For 100 % assignments, the default percentages for AA Trx Dim Codes can be fixed for a particular Trx Dim; this defaults in AA Trx Entry window For multiple assignments, the default percentages for required codes CANNOT be fixed; they have to be enter...

how do i download difference account messages into difference fol.
i have two email accounts, one is personel and the other is company's account, both sharing the same outlook. is there a way, that when i download my email messages, it will automatically store in different inbox created without having to sort out myself? thanks in advance!!! blu_eblue wrote: > i have two email accounts, one is personel and the other is company's > account, both sharing the same outlook. > > is there a way, that when i download my email messages, it will > automatically store in different inbox created without having to sort > out myself? > &...

Why can't I get my hotmail account linked to office 2000? #2
I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link hotmail to my mail service. I am not able to import my hotmail account or send messages and would like guidance on how I can get this set up. I am using a cable connection, thanks for the help! If your Hotmail account is free, you cannot connect via outlook. This is the most common cause of not being able to connect. "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2F8899B-4E0B-4B71-8678-7BC29739301A@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link...

Removing Organization bar
Using Outlook 2002 I was working with a folder and played with some organization settings using groups and such. In the end, I decided to leave the view standard, without any special anything. However, I can't get rid of the groups by columns section bar at the top of the listing. I've set the group by to none. I've tried changing the view a million different ways. Can't get rid of that section. No drag bar, no nothing. It's on a folder by folder basis, as the ones I didn't touch are still normal. Only the folders I worked with have the section for group...

Customer account with overcredit wants money back
How do I make a transaction where I return a customer the money in his favor that he has on his customer account. Thanks Valentin If you're going to hand over cash from the till, use the Payment feature and enter a negative number in the amount field. If you're going to write a check, you can make an account adjustment on the Customer properties Account Information tab. HTH, Tom "Valentin Sosa" <ValentinSosa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FB4B733-FF4C-47D2-81C0-B2AF6221E70D@microsoft.com... > How do I make a transaction where I return a ...

Completely Removing User Accounts
Using GP Dynamics 7 on SQL Server 2000. I am having trouble with adding a new user account when that user account used to exist previously, but was deleted from a previous installation. Originally, we had setup user accounts for our sales staff who connect via VPN to our network. We migrated our SQL server/Dynamics and moved it to a new server to accomodate the workload and I had migrated the user accounts using SQL scripting provided by GP Support. (I know this creates a temp table with these old accounts). Reconfiguring security, I deleted accounts and am trying to recreate the...

RMS should have a search strategy for "date account opened"
EOM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b38650c-32cb-40cb-8b52-e4aab95e11f9&dg=microsoft.public.pos you can do this with reports. "samax" <s...

Account balance workaround for Money 2007
As many have discovered the Account balances report in Money 2007 inaccurately displays the current value of accounts instead of the value of the accounts for the chosen date range. A workaround is to create a customized Net Worth over Time report. 1-From Reports Home under Assets and Liabilities select the report Net worth over time. 2-Select Customize...from the left side-panel. 3-Select the Rows&Columns tab, for Show balances by: select, Years, for Display As: select Details and Total. 4-Select the Chart tab, for View as select Report. 5-Select the Date tab, for Range select Year ...

Money 2002 removal
OS is XP Home. Suspect there is a conflict between Money and Excel. Money is not being used and will not uninstall using Control Panel. A search of the Knowledge Base brought me to K2808303. This page appears to be corrupted. It lists topics on removing a folder and making a registry change, but these are not shown entirely or at all. If someone could post the instructions it will be gratefully received. Thanks Charlie ...

removing an email address from the history
I am wondering if there is a way to remove an email address from the history of the "to:" button in Outlook. What I mean is this.....when you start a new message and type a letter in the to: text box, it will give you a list of people that you may have sent to previously that start with that letter. There may be some old addresses that are no longer valid. Is there a way to get those old addresses deleted, so that they are no longer "remembered" for future messages? Chris Reynolds <ChrisReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am wondering if there...

analytical accounting data
Is there any way to fix Analytical accounting data. We are seeing in our AA transaction tables that there are entries in AA tables for non existing journal entries or the accounts on AA tables are different than the accounts on journal entries. Is there a reconcile/validation/checklinks process that will check and address this. Checklinks available in 10.0 i will advise to put a support case for same . "Jack Tundra" wrote: > Is there any way to fix Analytical accounting data. > > We are seeing in our AA transaction tables that there are entries in AA > tables for...

Office 2004
Two things are driving me nuts about my Office X: - When I command-tab out of Entourage, more often than not, the frontmost window gets sent to the back. This is terribly annoying because most of the time when I'm command-tabbing, I'm going to Finder to select a file I need to attach to an e-mail I've just written. - Office X won't let me put slashes in filenames and won't allow filenames longer than 31 characters. I'll refrain from snide remarks, but clearly, this is a bug, not a feature. Does anybody know if these items have been addressed in Office 2004? If not, t...

Remove Spacing In A Cell
I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: 0 11111 22222 3 011111222223 I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute. Anyone have any answers or Ideas? Thanks, Hi Span, See David McRitchie's TrimAll page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall --- Regards, Norman "Span" <Span@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1343031C-1E8E-4CA8-8B51-B353B734BAE6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: > 0 11111 22222 3 > 011111222223 > > I have tried Cl...

Errors after removing old Exchange server
After removing our old Exchange 2000 server we have issues with Outlook 2003 clients getting error "0x8004010f" when clicking the send receive button. After doing a bit of research I beleive that the old server still housed the following: OAB Version 2 Offline Address Book Schedule+ Free Busy Information I cannot bring the old server back to life now ! Is there a way to rehome these functions to the new Exchange 2003 server manually??? If we did not replicate the system folders off of the decommissioned server we will need to recreate them. You can use a utility that is avail...

unable to remove old 5.5 server...
....from System Manager. Just upgraded/moved yesterday from a 5.5 box to a new Exch 2003 box....following all steps in deployment tools wizard. Now I can't seem to get rid of the old server. It's still listed under the Administrative Groups. Right-clicking it does not give the option to remove it. However, right-clicking the new Exchange 2003 server itself (under 'All Tasks'), does give the option to remove (although I obviously don't want to do that). Any clues? - tex You should be able to remove it using the Exchange 5.5 Administrator. You connect to the E...

removing exchange instances after failure
Hi, how does one go about removing all traces of Exchange 2k3 from the active directory if a failure occurs which prevents the correct removal of the server? Hi Martin, If you have attempted to use the remove form Org switch on the Exchange CD and it is still in AD you can use ADSIEdit to go into the AD and manually remove the Exchange Server attributes. 278918 XADM: How To Manually Remove a Single Exchange-based Server from Active http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278918 Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This...

Remove unused members when creating 2005 local cubes
I need to create a windows application in which I can programmatically create local cubes from SQL Server 2005 databases using C#. I was able to do this in SQL Server 2000, but I cannot get the same results after upgrading to 2005 because the CREATE GLOBAL CUBE command does not slice the data as it did in 2000. In other words, I get all accounts that exists in the company as opposed to only accounts that belong to the user. This extra data kills browsing performance. Can this be done using XMLA or AMO? If so, any examples would be appreciated. -- DCount -- DCount ...

Changing or removing '($)' text which is appended to currency field labels.
Hi all Does anyone know of a way of achieving either of the following: 1. Change the ($) text which is automatically appended to currency field labels to ($000) ONLY for specific money fields (not all). I know the global setting can be changed under System Settings, but this is not appropriate. 2. Prevent the ($) text from being appended altogether to currency field labels. Unfortunately, setting the currency symbol to an empty string under System Settings still results in () being appended to the money field labels. Thanks Andrew ...

FRx question-selecting amount from account
I have the following account in my report with the following data: W-TOC-3850- -US 1/29 (3,520.00) 1/30 (261.84) I only want the 1/30 amount to show up in the report. How would I set that in the row area (or would it be set in the row area)? Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer On Mar 22, 10:59=A0am, Dave Christman <DaveChrist...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the following account in my report with the following data: > W-TOC-3850- =A0 -US > 1/29 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(3,520.00) > 1/30 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A...