recovery of deleted e-mails in Windows Mail

I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted file and
need to recover them. I have seen different software packages claiming
to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic computer
skills.

My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you
need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download directly
from the internet?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jake

--
Jake428

Jake428

You can try a file undelete utility, such as Recuva:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Frankly, the success rate is not very high, and it requires a certain
amount of tech-savvy to use that type of utility.
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Jake428" <Jake428.4bbmwh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted file =
and
> need to recover them. I have seen different software packages claiming
> to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic computer
> skills.
>=20
> My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you
> need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download directly
> from the internet?
>=20
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>=20
> Jake
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Jake428
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
Gary
5/21/2010 5:22:16 PM
Many of these products are unsuccessful.  Such recovery usually demands =
that the user immediately perform the unerase procedure.  The problem is =
that the disk clusters that contain the message information may have =
been reused or wiped, so that when you rescue the file (assuming you can =
figure out which one it is), it may turn out blank or just be =
gobbledegook given the nature of the eml files.

That doesn't mean you won't succeed, but that success is a low =
probability.

steve

"Jake428" <Jake428.4bbmwh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted file =
and
> need to recover them. I have seen different software packages claiming
> to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic computer
> skills.
>=20
> My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you
> need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download directly
> from the internet?
>=20
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>=20
> Jake
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Jake428
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
Steve
5/21/2010 5:30:08 PM
Thanks Gary. I was afraid of that!

Jake

'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote:
> ;1688798']You can try a file undelete utility, such as Recuva:
> 'Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download'
> (http://www.piriform.com/recuva)
>
> Frankly, the success rate is not very high, and it requires a certain
> amount of tech-savvy to use that type of utility.

> Microsoft MVP program: 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com)
>

> "Jake428" <Jake428.4bbmwh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted file
> and
> > need to recover them. I have seen different software packages
> claiming
> > to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic computer
> > skills.
> >
> > My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you
> > need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download directly
> > from the internet?
> >
> > Any advice would be appreciated.
> >
> > Jake
> >

> > --
> > Jake428

Jake428
5/21/2010 5:53:01 PM
 You're very welcome. It won't hurt to give it a try.

"Jake428" <Jake428.4bbpof@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> Thanks Gary. I was afraid of that!
>=20
> Jake=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote:=20
>> ;1688798']You can try a file undelete utility, such as Recuva:
>> 'Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download'
>> (http://www.piriform.com/recuva)
>>=20
>> Frankly, the success rate is not very high, and it requires a certain
>> amount of tech-savvy to use that type of utility.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
>> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com)
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Jake428" <Jake428.4bbmwh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in =
message
>> >=20
>> > I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted =
file
>> and
>> > need to recover them. I have seen different software packages
>> claiming
>> > to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic =
computer
>> > skills.
>> >=20
>> > My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you
>> > need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download =
directly
>> > from the internet?
>> >=20
>> > Any advice would be appreciated.
>> >=20
>> > Jake
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > Jake428
>> > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>> >
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Jake428
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
Gary

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Emptying 'Deleted Items' folder on exit
I am running WLM version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) on Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I have 'Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on exit' checked under Maintenance, but they're all still there when I exit and restart WLM. Is there another setting I should be looking at to make this work? TIA, -- SC Tom Tom, I experienced the same thing earlier today. I'm new to WLM and found that if you "checked" the ''Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on > exit' after there were items in the Deleted Items folder, it ...

How to check the style of window is not WS_EX_APPWINDOW ?
Hello There How can I check whether the extended style of window is not WM_EX_APPWINDOW.( Means it won't have entry in taskbar when it visible. I can check whether the it has WS_EX_APPWINDOW style like this if (::GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE) & WS_EX_APPWINDOW) TRACE("App Window\n"); But how can I do the reverse thing ? Example: 0010101 Real 0110101 Mask The Bitwise AND gives a 1 if the real and the mask are 1, such as 00101100 00100100 AND ---------- 00100100 In this situation, we know that at least some of the mask is true, -- now -- Take the binary number...

How do Iimport my e-mails from my comcast e-mail to outlook
I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have my outlook setup properly, how would I know On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:57:03 -0700, Tonya wrote: > I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address > to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have > my outlook setup properly, how would I know There isn't an "Outlook address". MS Outlook is a mail client, your Comcast email address points to a server which...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Mutiple e-mails
I realize you probably get A LOT of e-mail, so I will keep it short. I just signed up with DSL, and I have multiple e-mails now. How can I have a separate inbox for each e-mail so I can use outlook for all of them without changing user names. Basically a separate inbox for each separate e-mail account, because one is for business, personal, and another is generic. Thank you in advance for your help. Will ...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

sadfsadf e
asdas dsad ...

Excel 'hangs' when deleting a row
when i delete a row in excel 2000, everything locks up! and when lookup at Task Manager/Processes, it's MEM USAGE goes up to 22K o more! i tried doing it in another file but i experienced no error. the dat is in LAN. all data are filtered when the deletion began. however i ca delete files before. please help, anyone.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The best thing is to free up memory (assuming your file is large). Clos all applications you do not require at the time and any workbooks no in use. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to >find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is >included in wind...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Maximized Window
When a mail is opened, it is opened in the maximized size. When the "make smaller" is pressed, the window remains maximized. When a reply is desired, the reply window is also maximized and cannot be made smaller. This only happens with one identity; all other work fine. All setting are same for all identities. What can I do? ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Windows Millennium Edition
Anybody know what's the highest version of Publisher that works on Windows Me. I am planning to upgrade, honest. Liam After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Liam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Anybody know what's the highest version of Publisher that > works on Windows Me. Publisher 2002. Publisher 2003 works on Windows 2000 SP3, Windows XP, and higher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

Comments window
Hi there, I use a DB tool called RS3 for Excel (now known as Accord for Excel - owned by Accelrys inc.). This tool allows you to observe results with cell notes, these commonly being the the average of the result values. the cell notes is a popup window showing the individual result values the average is calculated from. It only shows a maximum of 5 of these values. Additional values can be shown by choosing Tools>Options>View tab, and choosing Comments & indicator. This shows the comments as stable windows, which you can then resize. Now if you go back to the same pla...