receiving e-mail 04-11-10

I can sent e-mail but it won't receive them. It says  Account: 'home mail',
Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An
authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

help!

0
Kristi

I don't think Cox supports advanced port settings or SSL.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option., and change port 995 to port 110.=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Kristi Blair" <Kris205@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
>I can sent e-mail but it won't receive them. It says  Account: 'home =
mail',=20
> Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An=20
> authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): =
Yes,=20
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
>=20
> help!=20

0
Gary
4/11/2010 9:19:09 PM
According to this,
http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp/contentredirect.asp?sprt_cid=1c21b754-3f65-494c-acd7-560fbc879aec
you don't use SSL with incoming mail.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Kristi Blair" <Kris205@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I can sent e-mail but it won't receive them. It says  Account: 'home
> mail', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR
> An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
>
> help!

0
Dave

hola 05-31-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CB00FA.8703AC60 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CB00FA.8703AC60 Content-Type: text/html; name="CURRICULUM VITAE.htm" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="CURRICULUM VITAE.htm" <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3...

multiple copies of mail
Hi! After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook 2000). Any ideas where to start looking? Tommy "tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%235CQZ6mwDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of > mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook > 2000). > > Any ideas where to start looking? > > Tommy > > If you get as ...

Tagging and routing mail destined for specific domains
Due to a change in NDA's I need to be able to tag, and copy mail that is being routed to and from specific domains. I am using exchange 2003 std (sp2) on 2003 server. As an example if a user were to send an email to microsoft.com I need to add a legal disclosure footer and keep a copy of that email locally. The same would be needed on inbound mail from microsoft.com to be copied to an additional location internally. Is this something that exchange can handle or do I need to route this through a second system to get this kind of tracking, etc..? On 7 Dec 2006 15:10:57 -0800, natedizzy@...

Compacting........or rather not quite.... 02-03-10
MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : service pack 3) copyright 2007 INTERNET EXPLORER Version 7.0.5730.13 Build 75730 I have tried several times over the last couple of months to compact emails in OE. (Usually due to being prompted). Within the box entitled "Compacting" The compacting starts, and zips through the various email folders and then moves onto the newsgroups, (about 8/9 off). With the green progress bar nearly full and showing a "folders file" name tag, a message box explodes on the desk...

The received certificate has expired
Hi all, I am having a problem with our exchange server in the sbs2003. In exchange system manager, I tried to click the "+" box next to "Public Folders". It then pop up an error message -- "The received certificate has expired. ID no: 80090328". This prevent me from changing the properties of the folders. I was told that the certicate for the publish web server is overdue and we should obtain a new certificate. But we don't understand why and what certificate is overdue. Should we pay for this? Actually, our company does not use web serve...

Internet explorer 8 07-02-10
Does this browser save password? If so, how can you set it? Thanks You put your right foot in, You put your right foot out; You put your right foot in, And you shake it all about... Meena wrote: > Does this browser save password? If so, how can you set it? > Thanks Hi, Some sites such as banks, other financial sites, sites which have personal data, etc. have disabled password caching. For other sites, check settings in Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete. Verify that AutoComplete features are enabled. - Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "Meena&quo...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send Mail via POP/SMTP
I have a number of remote users who POP's mail into and out of our Exchange 2000 box. One is unable to send mail to anyone (either within the organisation or to external addresses), so I have temporarily discounted relaying as an issue, although I have checked the settings on the virtual server and they are all correct (allowing authenticated users to relay mail etc.) Receiving seems OK. The user has Outlook 2003 (fresh install) on Windows XP (fresh install). Log file: 2004.07.29 15:29:39 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2004.07.29 15:29:39 server.d...

New mail notification #12
I have become more adventurous in my email setup, as a consequence, not much mail goes to my default inbox. I found the 'new mail' notification very handy. I am disappointed that I cannot see a way to set it so that it notifies me if any folder gets new mail. Is there anyway to set this up? I don't mind modifying the registry directly if necessary. Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP...

To organize Outlook 2002 junk mails
How to save the settings for the said subject? hkgsie@gmail.com <hkgsie@gmail.com> wrote: > How to save the settings for the said subject? Since Outlook 2002 doesn't have a Junk E-mail folder and doesn't filter junk mail well at all, why not describe exactly what you hope to accomplish? -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook freezes #11
When I click on a hyperlink in a post Outlook Freezes, any ideas? Bissell ...

Rule applied after Junk Mail Filter
Are all rules applied after the Junk Mail Filter. I am trying to filter out certain types of messages but some of them still end up in the Junk Mail Box. Is there any way to have the rule run prior to going into the Junk Mail filter? I have the filter defined to run as soon as the mail arrives and it is on the top of the list. Thanks! no. rules always run after junk mail. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ O...

How to Add Streaming Video To Your Website 04-15-09
http://www.abcsun.net ...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

Add E-mail Account
I am completely new at this and I need some help! I am trying to add an email account to Outlook. Our company uses SBC Global. I go to Accounts and click add and follow the steps. But it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me?! Thank you! Did you check how others in your office have their email accounts set up? You can also check the SBC Global website to see how they advise you to set it up (server names, etc.). -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Stefanie" wrote: > I am completely new a...

PRODUCT KEY 01-12-10
I have tryed the product key for my office 2007 15 times, it is not working. can anyone help? Use good lighting. Bs can look like 8s, etc -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "dazz" <dazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FDA581E-90F4-4954-8B26-965CB8A20B92@microsoft.com... >I have tryed the product key for my office 2007 15 times, it is not >working. > can anyone help? Are you certain you aren't confusing characters, such as 0 for O, or 5 for S? ...

money replacement 03-26-10
OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alone MS Money 2007 software? Office Accounting Express looks powerful but I thing it is too complicated for my personal finance needs. What about an online offering (though I'm not really keen on the idea). Thanks for any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, Domenick wrote: >OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can >anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alo...

Duplicate mail delivery
Since installing the AntiSpyware Beta I'm experiencing a problem with Outlook. Messages are occasionally delivered multiple times to the same recipient even though they are recorded only once in the sent folder. I turned on logging but can't figure much from the logs. Suing network Solutions POP3. Is there a place to report bugs? -- martin See the post above yours and try the same thing -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "mih" <mih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54AFB59F-7C3C-48BD-B0B5-6C90F13781F9@microsoft.com...

cannot receive mail from a particular domain
Hi Exchange 2000 is the mail server can send mail to xyz.com(say for example),but cannot receive mail sent by xyz.co can send and receive mail to other domains pls. let me know how to solve this isu thank Does the sender on xyz.com get an NDR? If so, what is the exact text of the error? Is this the only domain from which you know you can't receive mail? prashanth wrote: > Hi, > Exchange 2000 is the mail server. > can send mail to xyz.com(say for example),but cannot receive mail > sent by xyz.com can send and receive mail to other domains. > pls. let me know how to solve ...

Business Cards VIEW SETTING- Mail Merge
I would like to print this view onto a lable paper for mailing. Ideas? 1. I have the company logos attached as pictures to the outlook card. 2. I want to print th pictures along with the addresses in a mail merge. hope somebody has a suggestion. outlook 2007 ...

Outlook 2007 hang on received external meeting request
Hello, If this meeting request is opened by the same user with outlook 2003 its opens without problem. Exchange 2007 SP1 Rolup 2. Thanks ...

How do I remove an e-mail heading from an Excel file?
In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file which I must have accidentally inserted. The e-mail portion needs to be removed, but cannot find how to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi alstarr Click on the mail button next to the Save icon in the Standard toolbar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "alstarr" <alstarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66522CEC-F128-453B-8EF3-29EA1417E1C3@microsoft.com... > In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file > which I must ha...

Possible trouble with inbound mail; missing verbs?
Hello, I am getting sporadic reports that some mail is not being delivered to our Exchange 2003 SP2 organization. When I do a telnet localhost 25 on the server and type ehlo, here is what I get: 250-servername.domain Hello [127.0.0.1] 250-TURN 250-SIZE 250-ETRN 250-PIPELINING 250-DSN 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-8bitmime 250-BINARYMIME 250-CHUNKING 250-VRFY 250-X-LINK2STATE 250-XEXCH50 250 OK Does this look right? I've done some searching and it looks like it might be missing some of the 'x' verbs and the auth login? I've not customized/changed anything (to my knowledg...

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

I can not receive e-mail.
When I send/receive I keep getting an error message, Task 'mail.lig.bellsouth.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive theis message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) I am not sure how to proceed. Disable your antivirus scanner for outgoing mail and check your server settings with Bell South. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813518&Product=ol2002 "sidvr" wrote: > When I send/receive I ke...

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.. 03-24-10
I came into the office today and got the message "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." --- I've had this happen once or twice before.. I rebooted and things were fine. This time it didn't work. So, I've been fooling around for like 3 hours setting everything up as I had it previously. I figured out how to get back all my Firefox bookmarks and passwords. They were still stored under my username. Also got back most of my Thunderbird emails.. I lost my sent box and some of my inbox. Got back my Outlook emails as well. I'm only using Outlook mai...