Printing in Windows Mail Vista switches to Browser etc

I have checked all printer settings, checked settings in IE8 and Win/Mail.
There seems to be a problem when printing in WinMail, when I print a message
my email window flip flops over to another window, ie8 or excel which ever it
chooses. My other email program does not do this, when printing a message
with the other program I hit Ctrl P and the email stays there. WinMail I hit
the same thing and instead of keeping my email showing on the screen it
switches to my browser or excel which I have open just about all the time.
Please help.

WinMail is "wired" to use the IE print engine and you can't avoid that.

steve
\
"linda" <linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have checked all printer settings, checked settings in IE8 and Win/Mail.
> There seems to be a problem when printing in WinMail, when I print a
> message
> my email window flip flops over to another window, ie8 or excel which ever
> it
> chooses. My other email program does not do this, when printing a message
> with the other program I hit Ctrl P and the email stays there. WinMail I
> hit
> the same thing and instead of keeping my email showing on the screen it
> switches to my browser or excel which I have open just about all the time.
> Please help.

0
Steve

pics printing in wrong place
Does anyone know why my pictures print in the wrong place? I have several pics from the same source in my publication, however, some of them print correctly and others don't. I've noticed that the ones printing incorrectly are all going to the upper left hand corner of the page. I'm very new at using Publisher and suspect that my problem may be my print driver,in which case, i'm clueless as to how to fix it. I'm using publisher 2002 and a KYOCERA-MITA 4030 printer. Hi terracotta (terracotta@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone kno...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

Public Folder Calendar printing
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment. One of my users posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public Folder calendar. The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the following error message: "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance." I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick. Anyone have any clue...

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

Payable Trxs Inquiry Window by Vendor
When I look up this one Vendor and do an Inquiry I'm getting the below msg. "the stored procedure createSQLTMP Table returned the following results: DBMS: 2627, Microsoft Dynamics GP" We are using SQL 2005 and GP 9. The problem is when I go to look up the vendor docs I don't see an invoice but I see the payment in WORK status. I can see the vendor invoice when I look up by doc number. I have ran check links and still receiving the same msg. Thanks in advance. Ok, I fixed my own problem I deleted the Payment in Work Status and ran check link and it recreated the payment in ...

can't print black
I have installed a lexmark 6570 fax wireless. It would not print any doc's in black ink prints beautiful color pictures. I uninstalled and reinstalled did not help. I figured is was the printer. Installed an HP F4280 all in one, same problem. can someone get me some advice!!! -- twilltwo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ twilltwo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180192.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1297957.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Printing from Arranged View
Is it possible to print two workbooks, that are in a Horizontal Arranged View, at the same time and one one page? For example, workbook A (sheet1) and workbook B (sheet 1) are arranged together in a horizontal view and I like to print the contents of this view on one page. I tried the arranged feature and the compare side by side feature but did not avail. Neo, Excel prints one sheet at a time, on as many pages as it takes. It won't combine sheets. The view settings have no effect on printing. To get stuff from two sheets to print on one page, you'd have to link the d...

Options -> Security -> Zone -> Internet printing
Hi, I have a user whose Outlook 2003 settings are as follows: Options -> Security -> Zone -> Internet Any time they receive any email with graphics etc they are unable to print that email. I tried to do the same on my PC, and am also not able to print (with those settings) How do we get this to be printed? Thanks Does it work in Restricted sites zone? That's the default setting. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

Print button on Report form
Hi all :-) =20 Access 2007 Pro Plus, Vista Ultimate SP2 I am preparing a small app for a friend who is handicapped, and am = trying to make things as simple as possible for them to use. I am trying = to limit the number of functions and clicks necessary to accomplish = tasks as much as possible, and would like to try an idea. I want to add a small button on the report form that will print the = report when clicked. I have done this on display forms to print as a = report, but, not on a report form. In trying to add such a button to the = report form in 2007 I am not being offered...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

Error created when try to Print Preview or Print
When try to print or print preview system is generating an error: "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns." Used excel for years ever seen this error before. Using Excel 2007 on Vista, we just upgraded to SP2 for both systems. After testing a few times, I notice that system is generating a Name Range with no referencing cell range, the name range is called Print_Titles. If I delete the name range it removes the error message and able to use print preview and able to print. Notice it is occurring more ofter when client is copying a worksheet to ...

How to get Global Notification of browser request...
Hye, I am trying to get notification of any browser request... (not only that of the local server.. so filters will not be the right way to solve problem) So, whenever any request like (http://www.yahoo.com/) is made in IE, I want my DLL routine or my EXE should be called.. So, how to do that, any suggestion will be highly appreciated... -- Jigar Mehta jbmehtain@yahoo.co.in the program you need is called Browser Helper Objects http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnwebgen/html/bho.asp -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] h...

Howto not print a background color
In my wrksht a cell range is highlighted as an indicator to various users, the highlight is a background autofill color. I would like to print with out this background color subject in the printed version. Thanks---Jeff ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Jeff File>Page Setup>Sheet Checkmark "Black and White". Gord Dibben XL2002 On Wed, 3 ...

SERVER /3GB Switch
Are there any performance enhancements by using the /3gb switch in CRM server. My server is x86 server with 4GB of ram. ...

Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications
Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications. This is a very annoying change in version 10.0. If I open 5 windows in GP and then go to a different application such as Outlook, when I go back to GP, I have to click on every one of my windows in the task bar in order to have them show again. It's a lot of wasted mouse clicks. I would expect that when I click on the main application in my task bar, all of my windows I had open would also be showing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most v...

Vista/Access Database Network Problem
Has the very serious network problem in Vista covered by Article 935366 "Issues that you may encounter when you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista" been fixed by either Vista SP1 or Access SP3? I can't find any reference to a fix in these service packs?? To lose your data is indeed a very serious bug. Part of the article on 935366 states: When you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista, you may encounter one or more of the following issues: .. Access ...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

Windows Live Mssenger contacts
This happened just a few weeks ago. I signed in my WLM, the latest one, with MSN PLus and MSN Discovery, and instead of showing my contacts offline contacts nicknames, it shows their email. This never happened even after I had installed MSN Discovery and MSN Plus, which was in October-November 2009. Greetings Mark, This will happen if the local cached store of Messenger data has been removed. They will once again show properly when they appear online (so it can retrieve the display name again) and continue to appear when they're offline. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MV...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

Can I print one page landscape and the next page portrait on same.
I am trying to print the 3 pages of one worksheet and can not figure out how to make page one print out as landscape, page 2 to print out as portrait and page 3 to print out as landscape. I'd record a macro when I printed page 1 as landscape, then page 2 as portrait and then page 3 as landscape. So I could just rerun that macro when I needed it. lisajillian wrote: > > I am trying to print the 3 pages of one worksheet and can not figure out how > to make page one print out as landscape, page 2 to print out as portrait and > page 3 to print out as landscape. -- Dave Pet...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

open a new instance of excel for each file ? (Vista / Seven)
Hi people, How under Vista & Win7 can we open a new instance of excel for each file ? thx a lot people. ...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 & KB 925877
I've just spent hours on trying to get SP3 to install on a Windows XP Professional machine and only now stumbled across the article stating that it won't install when "RDP 6.0 MUI Pack KB925877" has been installed previously. I've installed XP SP3 literally dozens of times over the years and this is the first time I've ever seen or heard of this problem; I only discovered it by downloading the standalone version of the Service Pack and trying to install it - all the other times it just failed without any informative error messages that I'm aware of. ...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...