POP3 server not responding

What could be causing my POP3 server to not respond.
I have other computers set up the exact same as this computer and they get
e-mail.
This computer's Windows Mail gets hung up with POP3 server not responding.

Kenny

Crystal Ball is out of Commission today. What is the error message that is showing.
Post it as per verbatim to receive help

--
Peter

"Kenny-G" <Kenny-G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What could be causing my POP3 server to not respond.
> I have other computers set up the exact same as this computer and they get
> e-mail.
> This computer's Windows Mail gets hung up with POP3 server not responding.

0
Peter
3/10/2010 4:22:58 PM

"Kenny-G" wrote:

> What could be causing my POP3 server to not respond.
> I have other computers set up the exact same as this computer and they get
> e-mail.
> This computer's Windows Mail gets hung up with POP3 server not responding.

POP3 Question #4
Hi, I have SBS 2003 wiuth Exchange 2003 where I am downloading my email into a global mailbox. Is there a way i can view a log or status to see if mail is being downloaded? Thanks ...

Risk Management on Project Server 2003
Hi I am looking for following information to support Risk Management on Project Server 2003: 1. Why SharePoint is needed? 2. What features of SharePoint are used ? 3. What i need to do to existing Project Server (PS) and SharePoint installation to get the required feature in PS? Thank you Shiva Chaitanya. Shiva -- If you need to do Risk management in Project Server 2003, then you need to use SharePoint. This is because SharePoint provides the functionality for Risk, Issue, and Document management with Project Server. If you already ins...

Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange server 2003
I currently running Exchange 2000 server in a one domain forest. We have one Windows server 2003 DC and three windows 2000 server DC. The Windows Server 2003 is the FSMO. All DCs are GC. The Exchange 2000 Server is running on a member server and on Windows 2000 server OS. I want to upgrade to Windows Server 2003, what is the best way to do this? I have a new server installed with Windows Server 2003 as a member server. I am thinking of installing the Exchange server 2003 on this box. What is the best approach to upgrade the Exchange Server to 2003. sounds like a good idea; instal...

Remove an exchange 5.5 server from a site
What's the best way to remove an E 5.5 from a site? History: We have migrated from NT 4.0/E5.5 to W2K/E2K. We have many E5.5 sites and now I want to remove one of the E 5.5 from it�s site/(AG) All new E2K servers are in there own AG/Site. The server to remove is the only Exchange server in it's site. TJ "TJ" <tom535@home.se> wrote in news:OhMYfIL8DHA.2952 @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > What's the best way to remove an E 5.5 from a site? > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152959 Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www....

Service Pack 1 for server 2003, broke my Exchange
I have an exchange server here and I believe my problem to be more on the networking side. After updating to Service Pack 1 for server 2003 I notice that I am loosing connectivity on one of the subnets that the server has. Now I know it's the correct thing to do, but the server was configured with two IP Addresses from two different subnets; 10.0.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24. This was done so that the office on the 10.0.0.0/24 network could talk to exchange and do their tasks. The 192.168.1.0/24 Address was added to allow email to be sent from the outside world to the exchange serve...

Pulling email in from 3 Shared Pop3 Accounts
I am setting up Exchange 2003 to replace an exisiting in-house Email serverthat can handle multiple email Domains.The existing mail server pulls email in from 3 shared pop3 accounts from 3 different ISP's. Each POP3 account is the email for a different email Domain. How do I configure Exchange to do what the existing email server does. David Harris wrote: > I am setting up Exchange 2003 to replace an exisiting in-house Email > serverthat can handle multiple email Domains.The existing mail server > pulls email in from 3 shared pop3 accounts from 3 different ISP's. > Each...

Exchange 2003 Home Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 and an Exchange 2003 server with a separate Windows Server 2003 as the "main" Active Directory controller. My mailbox sits on the Exchange 2003 server. Yesterday, I used the Active Directory Users/Computers on the Domain Controller to move another user's mailbox to the Exch 2003 server (MAIL) from the Exch 5.5 Srvr (SMTP). It all looked OK until I started getting this: "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator." Use...

Log on to windows 2000 server
I have used the same password to log on to my windows 2000 server for over three years and suddenly it stopped working. How can I get into the domain to reactivate it? Or can I Also the log in from the workstations are not working. Get an administrator to reset your password "frdiaz" <jfa@alltel.net> wrote in message news:E0C31BC8-1774-4F06-9AE7-26F222C8E804@microsoft.com... > I have used the same password to log on to my windows 2000 server for over three years and suddenly it stopped working. How can I get into the domain to reactivate it? Or can I? > > Also ...

RPC-http using single server
I'm trying to follow the instructions in the MS paper "Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios" to configure my Exchange 2003 Enterprise server to use RPC over HTTP in a single server installation. I don't have "RPC-HTTP" tab in my server properties dialog in ESM! I thought everything was ready up to this point, but I've obviously missed something. Any ideas? TIA, Bob D'oh! In "networking services" of Windows setup of the Exchange server, RPC proxy wasn't installed by default... "Bob" wrote: > I'm trying...

Exchange server 2003 smtp queue
Hi! I think I have a virus. I have many messages (email) in the SMTP queue. These are "strange messages". For example : from jkfkdjdf.jkuii@yahoo.com to hyhuiiiokl@yahoo.com The exchange server, naturally, can not deliver and I have a lots of messages waiting. Could anyone help me, please ? Antonio Grasso First, open up any of the message in Notepad. Look at the received header and find out what machine inside your organization is generating those emails. Take that machine off of your network. Second, check if your Exchange server is open for relay. It should not be ...

Inbox - Outlook
I will be out of the office for several days. Is there a way (with outlook 2000) to auto-reply to all incoming email messages that come into my inbox with a little note that lets them know I am out of the office? Help I will need this by Wednesday October 29th, 2003. Thanks, Dee Anne Dee Anne, Follow these steps: 1. Open your Microsoft Outlook 2.Go to Tools, Out Of office Assistant. 3.Check the box for "I'm currently Out of the Office" 4. Type the text on the empty box. Good Luck >-----Original Message----- >I will be out of the office for several days. > >...

TERMINAL SERVER (Re-posted)
This is a repost as I have managed to resolve the issue but I do not know why. Does anyone have any ideas? Regards Heath Hi, Well I tried pretty much everything with no sucess, from adding security to creating new users (local and domain) to giving them "super human rights" but no sucess. So in desperation we copied the documents and settings folder from the "working" user to a new domain user on the (TS profile). What do you know the login performance was amazing. So we started again this time checking bit by bit what component in the documents and settings folde...

Exchange 2000 Server recovery procedures
Hi, I'm writing an Exchange 2000 server recovery plan for my company and not sure the following procedures are correct or not. Situation: Partition (E:) holding the database files is down due to hardware failure but the partition (D:) holding the transaction log files is available. Method A: 1. Restore the full backup performed last night but NOT "last backup set". 2. Copy the transaction log files (E*.log) into the temp folder and overwrite temp files e.g. E:\First Storage Group\ 3. Run ESEUTIL.EXE /CC to replay transactions. 4. Mount the stores to make them online. Meth...

SBS as a DC but CRM on another Server
Hi everyone, I just have few questions which I hope someone out there will be able to answer for me. We have an SBS 2003 Server which is our DC and we are running SQL Server, Exchange Server and Microsoft CRM on a non-raided server. 1. Is it possible to have an SBS Server 2003/8 running as a DC with SQL Server & Exchange on it but run Microsoft CRM on another server running Windows 2003/2008 Server. We just want to spread the workload on the DC. 2. Bar the obvious reasons for using raid, would you recommend having SBS running of a raided machine? What about CRM if it can be run from an...

"Unable to connect to server" error 800ccc0e/800cccoe
I've gotten this error before, normally it means the server is unresponsive or non-existent. The problem I have is that I can ping the server, login using Horde (webmail) on the same server and-- worst of all-- can even use the server's I.P. address without any response. I also fail to send through any SMTP server, whether my own or my ISP's. I don't have Pc-Cillin installed, as the Outlook Support site suggested, but I am running Norton Antivirus. Is there anything else that could possibly cause this issue? Thanks! - Quiller quiller@equiller.com Try turning off ou...

CRM 3.0 Authentication Error on CRM Server with Admin rights
I'm preparing to upgrade to CRM 4.0 and I've decided to reinstall this office as new environment. Server 1 is our domain controller. I've reinstalled the SBS2003 Server and updated to SP2 and all other updates. Server 2 is our SQL and CRM 3 server. On this server I've reinstalled Win2K3 Server for CRM and SQL and applied all SP's. On this server, I installed SQL2000 Ent Ed. and applied SP4 On this server, I installed MS-CRM 3.0 and Update Rollup 2 with no errors encountered. After doing all this, on the CRM Server I tried to access the CRM webpage, after a few second...

Server 2008: WinSxS Folder
Hi, Does anyone know of a Server 2008 utility to clear out the WinSxS folder? On many of our 2008 Servers, this folder has grown to a very large size, almost 10GB on average. On one 2008 SP1 server here, the WinSxS directory is 10GB and the total Windows directory size is about 16GB; but the partition is only 20GB. We tried installing SP2, but it requires at least 5GB of free space to install. 20GB is within MS published requirements for a 2008 installation. 20GB partition + 16GB Windows Directory + 10GB WinSxS Directory + 5GB Free Space Needed = SCREWED! Any help woul...

Workflow only responding to Apply Rule
I have started testing workflow rules and created some test ones before I set about customising CRM for he business. However, even though I have not created manual workflows, and activated them they do not fire automatically. Every one I have created still requires the go ahead through Apply Rule in the CRM GUI. Does anyone have any idea why? Thanks I spent a while trying to work out this one. It turns out (from information in another post) that if you have the role of 'System Administrator' on the user account being used, the workflow rule will not work automatically. I r...

Can't Login to CRM
When I log into CRM i get the below mentioned error. It usedto work just a week ago. No changes have been made to anything and all of a sudden we are recieveing this error. Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unable to load file 'Microsoft.Crm.Applica...

Complex Update Query in SQl Server 2000
I need to update ACTINDX in UPR40500 for each JOBTITLE in MYTABLE. We have modified the ACTNUMBR in 'MYTABLE' whose segments are contained in GL00100 GL00100 ACTINDX ACTNUMBR_1 ACTNUMBR_2 ACTNUMBR_3 ACTNUMBR_4 ACTNUMBR_5 30562 222 411001 000000 150 350 30563 222 411001 000000 155 355 UPR40500 JOBTITLE ACTINDX 209401 30562 150001 30563 MYTABLE JOBTITLE ACTNUMBR 209401 222-411001-000000-150-350 150001 222-411001-000000-155-355 Sean: If you are storing the account number as a string in my table, an...

Removing a Front-End Server
I have an Exchange 2003 Back-end server and also an Exchange 2003 Front-end server both running on Windows 2003. I need to get rid of my front end server. Do I just have to uncheck the box on the front end "make this server a front end server" and then remove the server in ESM? Our front end server is only being used for web access which is no longer needed. Hi, you can uninstall this exchange server, before remove it (if necessary) from the ESM. Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexchange.dyndns.org Site personnel: http://webfami...

Duplicate Messages - Outlook
I have three POP3 accounts hooked up with Outlook 2002 running on windows XP. One of the accounts continues to give me multiples of the same message eveytime it conects to and downloads from the one server. This only happens with one account. Please advise how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance. Jim Blyth You have a corrupt (or duplicate message id) message sitting in your box that Outlook can't handle. When this happens with POP3, use Magic Mail Monitor to clear the difficult item. http://www.geeba.org/magic/ "J Blyth" <jblyth@pathcom.ca> wrote in message ...

Exchange Server Recipient Limits
Hello group, We are currently running Exchange 2003 in mixed mode, and would like to limit the recipient limits in Exchange. We would like to limit it to 40 globally. The problem we are having is that want DLs to count as 1 recipient, and not the actual number of members. From what I recall, this is how Exchange 5.5 behaved. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks much to all, Kynnie -- ...

Change SQL Server Collation
Please comment on determine whether or not to change GP SQL Server Collation and the possible path to do it. We had initial installed Great Plains on SQL Server 6.5 with suggested collation and sort order (binary order, case sensitive) back to ten years ago and then we had upgraded SQL Server into 7.0 and then SQL 2000 later. Then the collation in SQL 2000 was converted into strange Collation Name: Compatibility_50_409_0. Now I am planning to upgrade SQL Server and GP also. Is it good time for me to change the collation from Compatibility_50_409_0 to current suggested collation? What ...

Server Specific Error 49294966781
Result of running this command C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator>ESEUTIL /mk c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\edb.chk Microsoft(R) Windows NT(TM) Server Database Utilities Version 5.5 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-1999. All Rights Reserved. Initiating FILE DUMP mode... Checkpoint file: c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\edb.chk LastFullBackupCheckpoint (0,0,0) Checkpoint (19852,290,141) FullBackup (0,0,0) FullBackup time:0/0/1900 0:0:0 IncBackup (0,0,0) IncBackup time:0/0/1900 0:0:0 Signature: Create time:6/14/2001 11:4:33 Rand:24842 Computer: Env...