POP3 server names

where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an e-mail
account?

0
lisa

From your ISP.

Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish

--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"lisa law" <lisal@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an
> e-mail account?

0
Bruce
5/5/2010 1:00:53 AM
You get the correct mail server names from your mail service provider.=20
Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
mail service provider.

Your mail service provider will typically have a web page that shows=20
how to set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name
of your mail service provider. If you currently don't have an email=20
address, we can help with that also.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"lisa law" <lisal@microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an =
e-mail=20
> account?=20

0
Gary
5/5/2010 1:35:38 AM
If looking for Hotmail pop3...see this.
Hotmail and MSN Accounts POP3/SMTP Access
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!422.entry

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"lisa law" <lisal@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e#ao63#6KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an e-mail
> account?

0
winston

Outlook 2003: How Can I Leave Messages on the Server
I am using Outlook from MS Office 2003 Professional under Windows XP Home Edition. I need to download email messages from an MS Exchange Server, but leave the original message on the server for later access from a different computer. I've spent some hours on this, some calls to help desks, and tried some things, but nothing has worked. Thanks for your help, Paul tools, options, change email options... lower left if the dialog - do you have delivery set to the mailbox or to a personal folder? Change it to the mailbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself O...

I'm a SQL Server newbie...need help with dates
I'm using SQL 2005 Dates in Access stored as date. Imported in SQL Server using import wizard. Goes into table as 8/6/2009 12:00:00 AM my query: sum(case when transaction_date between '08/01/09' and '08/31/09' then hours else 0 end) ap2, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '09/30/09' then hours else 0 end) apQ1, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '07/30/10' then hours else 0 end) total --I get 0 why am i getting 0? thank...

Retrieving a file name quickly
In VC 6++ MFC, how do I quickly retreive the first file name (sorted ascending) from a directory? Should I be using CFileFind to get a list of file names from a directory and then sort the list? This doesn't seem to be efficent since I'm looking for one file name. >In VC 6++ MFC, how do I quickly retreive the first file name (sorted >ascending) from a directory? > >Should I be using CFileFind to get a list of file names from a directory and >then sort the list? This doesn't seem to be efficent since I'm looking for >one file name. Charles, That'...

How to re-download emails from server to outlook 2007
I need to re-download emails that are in the server but got deleted from my inbox some time ago. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227054 but I cant find those *.rhc files. BTW: I am paying the price of upgrading to Windows 7 and using Outklook 2007. I have ISP and the emails are available using web-email Thanks -- JuanK That kb applies to Outlook2k, not 2007 Configure Outlook with the ISP Mail account. Mail doesnt get deleted unless you delete it, excepting if its an imap account "JuanK" <JuanK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7E...

Mail Merge using Named Range in Excel
Having trouble completing a mail merge in Word using an Excel spreadsheet. In the spreadsheet there are named ranges, I have included the column headings by defining the range that is non-contiguous (not next to each other). When I go to complete the merge, the range will not show up as an option to use. If I re-define the range to not include the column headings and the range is a block of cells next to each other, the merge still doesn't work correctly, it assumes the merge assumes the row above the range is the column heading row (i.e. range is A16:J101, it uses row 17 as the column ...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

Formula name
Hello, For the life of me, I can't figure out how to copy/paste a formula into the Name>Define>Refers To box. I've used named formulas many times but just typed the formula in. This formula is very long and complex and I just don't feel like typing it into the Refers To box. Can someone 'guide' me through this please? It's got to be simple but I'm overlooking something. TIA Sandy Sandy, copy the formula and use Ctrl v to put it in the refers to box -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post a...

First Exchange2000 Server in Site #2
Hi! I'm migrating from MXS2000 to MXS2003 and can't find any articles about this topic. I only found some stuff for Exchange5.5. Please help! Thanxs, Peter ...

SFO Client to point to another server
Hello, I am running a pilot project with core users using SFO client in their laptops. However, when we eventually go live on the production server, how do i get these SFO clients to read from the new server? What happens to the data that is already present in the SFO Client? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the SFO clients, if so, any specific procedure to do this? Kindly advise. Hi M.Babu, there will be a way. Uninstall and reinstall SFO - be sure, that the Client, where you uninstall SFO is online and the old SRM server exists. - install, Update or change to your production...

connect .OST file to user profile with new Exchange server
Hi, We're migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and the mail is NOT migrating on the server side; we have been told we must use .OST files to merge the mail (don't ask!). I have zero control over this migration, except for on the workstation side. We're trying to preserve existing user profiles, convert them to the new Exchange servers (with new servernames). We have to use Cached Exchange Mode prior to and immediately after the migration to "migrate" user mail. I know this is a horrible way to migrate mail, please don't get me started on that. When I use the CMW to upd...

Moving CRM 4 database to new SQL server?
Hi! I'm trying to move the "OrgName_MSCRM" and the MSCRM_CONFIG to a new SQL server. This is how I go: - Disable Organization in Deployment Manager. - Copy Databases to the new server. - Attach databases at new server. - Edit Organization in Deploment Manager. - Wizard completes successfully. Then I want to remove the databases from the old SQL server to free up the diskspace. But when I detach the databases my CRM goes down. It says that the computer account "DOMAIN\COMPUTER$" does not have rights to the database. I have added the accounts that I found on the o...

RE: NDR's from smtp server
I am receiving a large amount of NDR's from my smtp server. It is refusing both good and bad addresses, internal users, and users that do not exists. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Public Folder Directory Name Attribute
Can you edit the directory name attribute of a public folder in Exchange 2003? ...

offline storage of email msg with exchange server
what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? thanks Not sure what offline means to you. If you move the outlook.pst file to another computer other than yours, outlook will ask where you moved it to when you first start outlook. You would then have to reconnect to the location that you moved the file to. Automatically sync it? With the file moved and the address of where you moved it to, outlook will always open it at the new address. Thom >what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? Assuming you're using a lap...

Wide Area connection to SQL server 2008 Express via broadband
I have a Vb6 application that connects to SQL server 2008 Express (installed on a Windows XP box connected to a router); currently the application connects to the server and remains connected until the user closes the application (the application disconnects from the server on close). This has been working great for a long time within the local area network. Now, the user of the application opened another office in another state and would like to install the application on local machines but have the machines in the new office connect to the database in the (head) office where...

RE: migrate old server to new server
Hi, Currently my old server OS was Windows server 2003 R2 standard edition. I want to migrate old to new server. (same OS) Can Windows server 2003 standard edition backup all the data include IIhS, DNS, SQL and etc.. Best Regards. You can use a backup utility to migrate the data, but you will need to use MS Deploy to migrate your IIS6 or IIS7 configurations. If you are not sure on how to do this, go to TechNet's article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/mscomops/cc424869.aspx Migrating DNS will depend on whether your current DNS infrastructure is BIND-based or not, but you can f...

Matching Names
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that contains a long list of staff names with data as follows: A B C Month Employee Name Monthly Salary From this list I want to create another 11 lists of monthly joiners and same for monthly leaversas follows: Monthly Joiners Lists: February Joiners March Joiners Employee Name Monthly Salary Employee Name Monthly Salary Under Employee Name I need a formulae that picks staff appear in February for the first time, and same applies for March, April, etc. Month...

REF: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
Hi all, I am facing a strange problem. Guess this question was asked many times and have seen the solutions already did the same but could not solve the issue. My problem is i have a front End server (Exchange 2003 sp2 and Windows 2003 r2 sp1) which is getting connected to Backend Exchange Cluster ( Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 R2 SP1) all of them are windows 2003 enterprise edition. When i try to access OWA from front end i get OWA forms based authentication page but when i put my user name and password it gives me the following error HTTP 500 Internal server error. I have check the N...

how would i change default user name all excel files
I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with question; Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com Tools|Options|General Tab and modify the "user name" box learner wrote: > > I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with > question; > Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. > If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com -- Dave Peterson ...

Your Exchange Server is Unavailable (Outlook 2003, Exchange 5.5)
Hi. I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I'm running Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I have several profiles set up in my outlook. A few of them connect to the Exchange server and a couple of them are personal "internet email" accounts. When I first open Outlook, I am able to access my Exchange mailbox. However, if I close Outlook and try to connect to my Exchange mailbox again (or any of the other Exchange mailboxes), I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" (Retry, Work Offline, Cancel). I've tried select Retry several times and it does not work. I...

I can't get SQL Server Express to start
I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting sand now it's stopped and I can't seem to get it to run again. Thanks, Allen What does the Windows event log say? Did you change the SQL Server service account, or have you changed your login password? Those are a couple of the usual suspects. "allenc" <twice.redeemed@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0e0e7bdf-6579-4ba6-a225-8a938dc836d8@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting > sand now it's stopped and I can't...

Access checkbox and SQL Server bit
I add 4 check boxes on a new form. These checkboxes are bound to a table that have 4 bit values (linked from SQL Server). When I click on the Field list and drag them to the form, these fields become textboxes (not bit). Why? Also, when I click on a check box and move to the next record, there is a pop up error message saying that this record has been changed by another user.... My question is how can I create checkbox(es) on Access form that are bound to bit(s) values. Thank you for your help. "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D5C8419-A4FB...

How to reinstall the microsoft exchange server
I have outlook 2003 and windows live was tryingto make it compatible with windows live and somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I cannot open outlook...__ lje ...

How do I get the extended file name of a file including server?
Using XP. I want to send file locations or shortcuts in an email rather than the actual file. How do I obtain the full extended file name including the server name and not just "G:" etc. so that other people in my workgroup can click on the file name and access the file immediately. If I understand correctly, you want to insert a link to a file rather than attach the file? This is assuming that the file is located somewhere that everyone can access it? (for example not in a home drive that only you have permission to) -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

Can I set up AutoComplete not to forget names for 30 days?
Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses for a few days only. Can we extend the time? Thx Autocomplete does not "forget" names. The autocomplete cache stores up to 1000 names. What version of Outlook are you using? "MagicMusic9" <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8657EEE7-74B2-4E3B-8DB8-5037F739E7F3@microsoft.com... > Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email > addresses > for a few days only. Can we extend the time? > > Thx > ...