Outgoing Mail - Double Messages Sent

Whenever I send out email, the prompt at the bottom right of my screen says
"Connecting", then "Sending mail ...".  It then immediately repeats the
process.  The recipient always receives two copies of my email.

I am not a sophisticated user.  I probably just have a simple setting wrong,
but I do not believe I changed anything from the initial default settings.

I am using Windows Vista Home Basic.  Any suggestions on how to fix this
problem?

--
Rod

Uninstall your anti virus software, reboot, retest

"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I send out email, the prompt at the bottom right of my screen
> says
> "Connecting", then "Sending mail ...".  It then immediately repeats the
> process.  The recipient always receives two copies of my email.
>
> I am not a sophisticated user.  I probably just have a simple setting
> wrong,
> but I do not believe I changed anything from the initial default settings.
>
> I am using Windows Vista Home Basic.  Any suggestions on how to fix this
> problem?
>
> --
> Rod

0
DL
2/24/2010 11:28:09 PM
"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I send out email, the prompt at the bottom right of my screen
> says
> "Connecting", then "Sending mail ...".  It then immediately repeats the
> process.  The recipient always receives two copies of my email.
>
> I am not a sophisticated user.  I probably just have a simple setting
> wrong,
> but I do not believe I changed anything from the initial default settings.
>
> I am using Windows Vista Home Basic.  Any suggestions on how to fix this
> problem?
>
> --
> Rod

You probably have your account set up twice, go to the Tools menu then
Accounts, if you have duplicated accounts, select one of them and click on
the Remove button.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

External messages problem
Hi all, I have this problem with a customer, they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003). The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to internal mailboxes through POP3 connector. This works fine but we see 2 problems: 1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user the mail is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal mailbox (not resolvable from internet), so when the external user wants to reply and sends the email the address is not recongnized and the email bounces. 2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the...

Exchange 2003 Message size limits not working
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster for Mailboxes and 2 Bridgehead Server for SMTP transfer. I have to grow up the maximum message size limit for attachments to 20 MB / 20480 KB. I set the limits described in knowledge base article 322679. In detail : Global setting : send & recive : 50000 kB SMTP Connector setting : 20480 kB SMTP virtual server setting : SMTP bridgehead server : 20480 kB mailbox cluster server : 50000 kB User mailbox setting : unlimited I send a 17 MB pdf file from a user on the mailbox cluster and I get an error: <xxxxxxx #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size ...

Can't delete email messages
After i received about 300 worm emails, I can not delete any of the emails i have received. When I hit the delete key, I get the following error message " The message interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart outlook". I have Norton Anti Virus, and I have verified that my machine is free of Virus. Even though I have restarted Outlook many times, the problem persists. Any suggestions. thanks for the help Bob Yeary Bob@Yeary.net Oh woe is me. Regardless if you using an ISP or exchange server. Create a new pst file. Move the message you want ...

IMAP accounts sync. duplicate headers
Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP accounts. pop3 accts. OK... IMAP accts. retrieve duplicate headers of same e-mail. What mail service are you using? If Gmail, you'll want to right click on the All Mail folder under the Gmail account in WLM and select Properties, Synchronization and select not to synch that folder. It's a duplicate of all the other folders -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F708D95-2B21-4D50-9240-F57642D534AD@microsoft.com... > Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP...

double axis, double problem (i hope only to me)
Hi everyone! I`ve got this small problem about charting. Data entry has to be located on y-axis and after calculations, it ends up with 2 different values. Both of them are always positive and must be located on x-axis. What I must to do is to present first value on the left side of y-axis and second one on the right side, see link below: http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3594/1980id7.png Is there any way to make it possible so that chart looks something similar to this one in the linked pic? Thanks and sorry about bad English. Cheers... Your picture looks like a tornado chart: http:/...

Automate e-mail signature in CRM
It would be great to do automatic e-mail signature in CRM like Outlook without using the E-mail Templates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0c42f6bb-a6e9-48d...

Unified Messaging, play WAV in Entourage... HOW?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, just trying to get Entourage to play the .wav files created by Exchange UM. At the moment, I've unchecked WAVE as a MIME type supported in Quicktime and also -in a desperate attempt to do it the &quot;Mac&quot; way- done a &quot;get info&quot; on a .wav file in the Finder and changed it to open with Entourage. <br><br>Except it still opens with iTunes; meanwhile, in the Entourage mail window it sees the attachment, but doesn't offer &quot;play&qu...

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

Error message: Office cannot connect to the internet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When trying to use the translate function in the reference tools, office gives the error message &quot;Office cannot connect to the internet&quot; I know for a fact that my computer is connected to the internet so I am left very confused. Your computer very well may be connected to the internet but apparently it isn't sharing that resource with Office... Check the settings in System Preferences for the applications, Firewall & User Account. Once they're set correctly run Disk Utility - Rep...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

Apple mail clients unable to connect to Exchange 2003
Apple mail clients cannot use their POP connection to communicate to Exchange 2003 (OS=2000 server) after applying patches 823980 and 835732 in response to Mytob virus attack. Any ideas? Can you telnet to 110 and do you get the correct headers? Nue "Kevin McLeod" <KevinMcLeod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15993353-3D72-4AC1-AB75-7D6C98331A97@microsoft.com... > Apple mail clients cannot use their POP connection to communicate to > Exchange > 2003 (OS=2000 server) after applying patches 823980 and 835732 in response > to > Mytob virus att...

Message Tracking Center doesn't work in XP
Hi, Exchange System Manager (e2k3 and all tools of server 2003 and Exchange 2003) works fine on Windows XP professional, without tracking center. If I type in all parameters (sender or recipient and server) it starts searching, and will never end. This was the same before migrating to Exchange 2003 (i. e. servers and all tools from version 2000). I've tried to install all tools on a new XP machine - the tracking center doesn't work at all. If I use a windows 2000 professional workstation, the tracking center (2000) works fine and gives result in a few seconds. What may be the rea...

Your message did not reach...
I'm using an Exchange 5.5 server with only 30 users on a single, flat network. A user within my Exchange organization rcv'd this error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Sent: 2/6/2004 12:36 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Theresa Hall on 2/6/2004 12:36 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Washington Cable;l=WCSIBDC-040206173531Z-2402 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:WCSI:WCSIBDC Why wouldn't this msg work? The use...

Message in SOP : 'You cannot configure this item when....'
Hi, I have been getting this message in 'Manufacturing Series Sales Item Detail' when I try an clicking on the 'Configure' button in the Right Bottom Corner. I have gone trough the setup process for Sales Configurator and in Manufacturing but I still get this message. I am trying to use the Sales Configurator to configure an item and then generate a 'Manufacturing Order' from this screen. I do have 'allow back order' in Item Details enabled. However when I enter that SKU in Sales Order I get the 'Sales Qty Order Shortage' window and does not hav...

Best way to handle mail
Hi, just wanting people comments and suggestions on the way we run mail. We have a website with a hosting company and the MX record on that points to a NO-IP free DNS service which points to our server in the office (which has a dynamic IP). Is that they best way to do it? P.S If that server in our office dies, no email will get through, is there a way to have it divert somewhere else? again, I'm asking cause im not sure on what to do!, but the email works ok atm? Thanks, Trent. :) In news:1157913078.052256.52660@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, trent.queen@gmail.com <trent.queen@gma...

Iability to send e-mail form Outlook 2002 SP2
When i attempt to send an e-mail message everything appears to go fine but the recipient does not receive the message. If i cc or bcc myself on the message i still dont get the message. Please advise ...

REPOST
I have Exchange 5.5 and 2003 setup in my organization. I have two sites that are only 5.5 and one that is 5.5/2003. The two sites have MANY additional domain names that receive email in all sites and all internet email flows through the 5.5/2003 site I moved our inbound email (from the internet) from our 5.5 server to Exchange 2003 and all seemed fine. Our inbound email on exchange 5.5 has a routing tab where we allow many domains as inbound to our organization. These email address exist as primary and secondary for mailboxes in each site. Most users have 2-3 email address but in different do...

Mail Merge to Email
We are about to purchase Office 2003 for its advanced Mail Merge to Email facilities (namely being able to output to HTML format) but before I do so I want to confirm something. In Office 2000 Outlook would display a message stating another application is trying to access addresses stored in your address book, do you want to allow this? You had to click yes for each email that was produced from the mail merge. Whilst I can understand the benefits of such a message this is very irratating if you are producing more that a handfull of emails, does this message still appear if you use Office 2003...

fonts following bullets in e-mails
I FINALLY figured out how to get Outlook to stop switching fonts every time I tried to insert a bullet into an e-mail message: 1. Open a new e-mail message. 2. Select the "Format Text" tab. 3. In the "Paragraph" box, click the drop-down box next to the bullets icon. 4. Select "Define New Bullet." 5. Select "Font" and then pick the font you want, then select "OK." 6. Select "Symbol" (still in the "Define New Bullet" box) and select the bullet from the Symbol chart that corresponds to the font you want (not from ...

Highlighting Disappears When MS Word 2007 Document is E-Mailed
I have spent hours highlighting a document in Office 2007 Word running on XP. When I send it to my home computer running the same Office 2007 Word running on W7, the highlighting is gone. What is causing this? How can it be fixed? ...

html and javascript in outook messages
How can i inert HTML code in an Outlook message without it adding VBA code to it? Also, if I send a HTML message from Outlook, will it run javascript and form functions from the message? Outlook (and probably other mail programs) won't run script in HTML = messages (at least not unless the user specifically chooses to do so for = a particular message, which would be pretty dumb in most cases). It's a = security issue. Look for another way to accomplish your goal.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, P...

Merging inbox and sent items
Hallo Does anybody know a way of merging inbox and sent items to only one box which show threads similar to the threads in this forum? ...

Is it normal to have 3 Archive Folders in MS Outlook 2007 Mail?
Is it normal to have 3 Archive Folders in MS Outlook 2007 Mail? Two of the Archive Folders appear to be empty except for empty sub-folders. Should empty Archive Folders be deleted? How? AutoArchive is OFF Data files and setup migrated from Outlook 2003 several months ago, and multiple Archive Folders appeared at the time. Win 7 64-bit. Single user home PC. Not on a LAN. No server. No Exchange. ...

Custom notification message
Hi ! I wrote my own list box control inherited from CListBox. My question is: How can I define a custom notification message like LBN_SELCHANGE, LBN_SELCANCEL ? I want the owner window to trap this message. Thanks! bumbala@gmail.com wrote: > Hi ! > > I wrote my own list box control inherited from CListBox. My question > is: How can I define a custom notification message like LBN_SELCHANGE, > LBN_SELCANCEL ? I want the owner window to trap this message. > > Thanks! > #define MY_LISTBOX_MESSAGE (WM_APP+1) -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] I defined the message bu...