Outgoing emails

I am having an issue when trying to send emails out....

It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help.
Message appears as  follows.....

-- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Try port 25.  If you still get an error post back.  There are cases where
that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as
well . . . . let's just try one thing at a time.

"Andread" <Andread@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having an issue when trying to send emails out....
>

> It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help.
> Message appears as  follows.....
>
> -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
slk759
2/5/2010 3:51:45 PM
Change your SMTP port from 23 to 25.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Andread" <Andread@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having an issue when trying to send emails out....
>

> It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help.
> Message appears as  follows.....
>
> -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
> 23,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Bruce
2/5/2010 3:54:09 PM
I'm having the same problem, and my port is set to 25.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Change your SMTP port from 23 to 25.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Andread" <Andread@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having an issue when trying to send emails out....
> >

> > It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help.
> > Message appears as  follows.....
> >
> > -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> > 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
> > 23,
> > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
> >

> .

To avoid confusion, please start your own new thread and include the error
message you see.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"rikkirikki" <rikkirikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem, and my port is set to 25.
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Change your SMTP port from 23 to 25.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Andread" <Andread@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having an issue when trying to send emails out....
>> >

>> > It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help.
>> > Message appears as  follows.....
>> >
>> > -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
>> > 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
>> > 23,
>> > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>> >

>> .

0
Bruce
2/5/2010 7:09:09 PM
Is your server "mail.aapt.net.au"? Probably not, therefore your problem is
not the same. Is your port set to 23? Probably not, therefore your problem
is not the same.

"rikkirikki" <rikkirikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem, and my port is set to 25.
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Change your SMTP port from 23 to 25.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Andread" <Andread@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having an issue when trying to send emails out....
>> >

>> > It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help.
>> > Message appears as  follows.....
>> >
>> > -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
>> > 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
>> > 23,
>> > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>> >

>> .

0
Sam
2/5/2010 9:38:32 PM
"Andread" <Andread@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am having an issue when trying to send emails out....
>

> It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help.
> Message appears as  follows.....
>
> -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
utf

Finding a deleting duplicate emails in OL 2007
How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? Thanks Bruce Bruce, you wrote on Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:00:57 -0700: > How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/remove_duplicates/ -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Cannot open powerpoint attachments in Outlook 2003 email
I have a problem opening powerpoint attachments in outlook 2003. I get an error Powerpoint cannot opent the file c:\documents and settings\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKB4\filename.ppt The file is saved as a ppt file and has the same size as the file that was sent to me by the sender. I can open other attachments like pdf and word. I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000. ...

Cannot promote email to CRM record and select regarding case
In SFO we cannot promote an incoming email to a CRM record and select regarding Case. We can select regarding everything else, and when sending we can select regarding Case, but when promoting Case is simply not on the Drop Down menu. We have 1.2 with all the latest updates. Can someone please help? Unfortunately SFO does not let you select cases in "regarding" You can hack the XML for the lookup so that it does this, but thats not supported... Peter "Biyoojok" <biyoojok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1116819255.293512.81100@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com.....

Retrieve deleted emails in Outlook 2000
Hi-I added another user to Outlook 2000 & made a seperate email account as well as set up password & user profile on WIN ME. All the emails copied from the old user to the added new user. I went into the new users email account & deleted all the email from the other user & emptied deleted items. When I went back to the first users email- they had been deleted also. Why did this happen? Anyway I can retrieve them-they are not in trash or recycle bin. The email seems to be working fine for both accounts though. I appreciate any help-thanks! ...

Lost all email and need a way to recover...
I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all email and contact information. Is there a way to recover all the email and contacts? Help Annie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I did a "detect and repair" because I had lost the "news" > in the "Go" menu and It was not in the customized buttons > anymore. So when I did the detect and repair, I lost all > email and conta...

Block HTML emails
We send HTML email via our Exchange 5.5 server, but of course, not everyone likes HTML and are setup to receive text only. We would like to experiment by setting up a workstation here with Outlook 98 or 2000 (or even some other email client if necessary) that will only RECEIVE text only. Outlook can only be set - as far as I know - to control the SENDING of text. Is there any way to configure Outlook to reject HTML and RECEIVE text only, or will I be better off using some other mail program such as Pegasus? -- Regards, Slarty Bartfast http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/zaphtml.htm -tom -...

Accessing old emails from Outlook 2007 when downloading Windows 7
I cannot open outlook 2007 in my windows.old file after I downloaded windows 7 even after re-installing outlook 2007. It gives me an error mesage that says: outlook.exe - System error. "The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your compter. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Is there anyway to access all my old email in my windows.old file? Isn't all my emails somewhere located on that file? You need to install Office/Outlook under win7 Configure Outlook Locate the *.pst file in windows old (possibly named outlook.pst) co...

direct email from an open quote
The only way to email a quote using an email template is in the IE version of CRM 3.0 using a "Direct" (AKA bulk) email. What we need is to open a quote from either the IE or Outlook version and send an email to the contact using a template with suitable figures automatically taken from the quote. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

My email messages are going out in triplicate. Help?
Every time I send an email message it goes out in triplicate. Can anyone help me with this please? "Patina" <Patina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFD862DB-9EE6-440B-AECE-8B317D8F4172@microsoft.com... > Every time I send an email message it goes out in triplicate. Can anyone > help > me with this please? Are you scanning your out-bound email with your AV? "Patina" wrote: > Every time I send an email message it goes out in triplicate. Can anyone help > me with this please? "Tommie" wrote: My pr...

email in outlook keeps changing receive date and time
I don't know if this is an exchange or outlook problem. but my email receive date and time, and whether marked as unread constantly updates. I read the emails then some time later look at inbox and all the emails have new current date and time and are marked unread. how odd I'd appreaciate any help Jon On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:33:38 -0700, "jon straub" <jon@jonstraub.com> wrote: >I don't know if this is an exchange or outlook problem. but my email >receive date and time, and whether marked as unread constantly updates. I >read the emails then...

Workflow not allowing me to specify email sender as a field
Hi all i have a CRM queue, and form this queue, i have built a workflow that will allow me to open an email in the queue, and choose to run the workflow, with the intent that it will create a record of a custom module i have created. However, when i try to use the email sender (from) as a field to populate my new custom entity record, the option is no where to be seen? Does this not exist or am i doing something wrong? THanks Matt Melb Hi Matthew, I don't see it either. Just a theory, but I'd say that To/From/CC/BCC are not available in the workflow because they can 1 of 4 t...

Email repeating
Hello All of a sudden I'm getting repeats on all my incoming email. I've talked to my ISP and they say the problem's on my end because I only get one copy of the email in their webmail. It turns into 2 by the time I download it to my machine (Outlook '03). I have changed no settings and cannot find a setting for in email options that deals with this. Any ideas? Thanks Dij Disable your AV scanning incoming and outgoing mail. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.co...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

how do I log into my work email from home
how do I log into my work email from home Ask your work email Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, blampani asked: | how do I log into my work email from home ...

Outlook 2000 forwarding emails.
I am trying to automatically forward an email to a distribution group.I have used the rules wizard. The email will be sent to all but members that are external to my network. The external memeber is the most important one. What's the problem?? I had a similar problem - I think that you will find that if your outlook is running when the forwarding is to occur - it will work. But when you are not online it does not. That is because the address in your distribution list is local to your machine only. In my case, my administrator set up a distribution list at the exchange server with th...

Delete emails from users mailbox
I have a small problem, some of my users (About 40 Students) on our college campus do not check their email at all, I can't disable their accounts and I'm not allowed to stop them from receiving email (about 50MB per month), so what I have been doing is log in to their mailbox as a Administrator every months and delete their email, but this is getting time consuming, is there a process somewhere in exchange to highlight a user and select to purge all their emails. Thanks On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:58:47 -0800, "mark olczyk" <molczyk@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a...

Re send email
Friends, I am enrolled in a group of emails in which I reside, but they send me so many messages that I would like to send them automatically to my other account, the actual hotmail. Is it possible? THank you It sounds like you are a member of a mailing list. The mailing list will typically have a feature whereby you can change your subscribed address, either by manual request or by some automated fashion (sending a command to the list server, or going to its web configuration page). If in doubt, contact the list owner. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) -----------...

Email not being delivered to external recipients in a DL
I have several distribution lists that have both AD users and external contacts as recipients as members. The external recipients have stopped receiving mail sent to these DLs since we moved over to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 last week. Users with local email addresses, however, are still receiving the mail Any idea how I can resolve the problem? I've spent hours looking for a solution without success Thanks in advance. Is the sender internal? If so I'd bet the contacts didn't come over correctly with the ADC. Have you tried to add a new contact to a DL and test it? -- Hope t...

moving email from one pub folder to another
Hello all, When dragging an email from one public folder to another, I notice that a copy is made and the original email stays in it's location. Is there a way to make it so that when I drag an email to another folder, it acts as a cut and paste rather than a copy. Thanks, Chris Select what you want to move, right-click on the selection and choose Move To Folder. chris wrote: > Hello all, > > When dragging an email from one public folder to another, > I notice that a copy is made and the original email stays > in it's location. Is there a way to make it so that ...

Queue not retrieving email
Hi everyone, Something weird is happening. Last week, we created a queue user in Active Directory (by the book, no mistakes) and in CRM. Everything worked fine for a couple of days, i. e., email sent to the email address was then retrieved by the CRM and placed in the queue. Unfortunately, this stopped happening for no apparent reason approximately 30 hours after the first message was received. Email messages are correctly delivered to the Exchange mailbox, where they are correctly stored (and can even be retrieved by POP3). The queue configuration has been checked and it complies wi...

emailing a publication
Trying to email a 50 page publication that has 31 pages of photos. Each time I try to email as an attachment windows shuts down. Should I condense first? If so how. I am a novice, so please be patient. -- Appreciate the help! pjnot wrote: > Trying to email a 50 page publication that has 31 pages of photos. > Each time I try to email as an attachment windows shuts down. Should > I condense first? If so how. I am a novice, so please be patient. =========================================== Two ideas...scroll down..... 1) The file in question is far too large for sending in e-ma...

Outlook Email #9
Does anyone know if there is an automatic way to create headers and footers in Outlook emails? ...

Convert Email to CRM activity not working properly
Anybody found a way to fix this? When using SFO and trying to convert an email to a CRM activity the addresses aren't resolved in the system and requires manually finding them. This is somewhat annoying and time consuming and puts users off using the system properly. Thanks Is this issue happening with users or contacts? I have seen where CRM users have been entered in as both users and contacts, and CRM does not know which to associate the mail to, forces the end user to chose by leaving the email address as red. Removing all CRM users from the contact list should eliminate the issu...

Sigaiture on EMail
I have inserted a picture into my signature using Word which looks fine in the preview box of the 'Mail Format' but appears as a box with a red cross in it on new emails. Why ?? ...

Meetings
Trying to get to grips with outlook by automatically sending out emails to remind people of meetings? i.e Meeting on Monday 26th Jan I would like it to email the invitees On Monday 19th Jan (i.e a week before) a reminder automatically without me doing anything!! Is this possible and if so, how? Many thanks for your time. When you create the meeting you could create the reminder e-mail and set it to not be delivered before Jan 19th. I assume you're using Outlook's Meeting Scheduler to invite folks who are also Outlook users. If so you could set a reminder on the meeting for a w...