Not reciving email

Can anyone please help me i can send emails but not recive them and i seem to
get this error message aswell.

The host 'pop3.live.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
 Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Thanks

Aston

Wrong server name, wrong port number and wrong SSL option.
Follow the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"aston39"  wrote in message =

Can anyone please help me i can send emails but not recive them and i =
seem to
get this error message aswell.

The host 'pop3.live.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you =
have
entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, =
Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Thanks

Aston=20

0
Gary

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Some emails bounce back
Hello, I have a client running exchange 2000 and 99.9% of all email is sent without issue. We have a email addresses that seem bounce back with the following error. The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again. <server.domain.local #5.1.8 smtp;550 5.1.8 <user@externalnamespace.net> Invalid local address> Anyone have any ideas? I know that reverse DNS is set up correctly and it's strange that this doesn't happen except when...

Attach email to a contact
I have an email from UPS that pertains to a particular contact in my Outlook address book. How can I "attach" that UPS email so that it will be included in the activities for the particular contact? I'm sure it's an easy solution, but I can't figure it out. Thanks "pleiadeez7" <pleiadeez7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B22BC3-96B0-43A1-B01F-7C27D276F0D8@microsoft.com... >I have an email from UPS that pertains to a particular contact in my Outlook > address book. How can I "attach" that UPS email so that...

cannot access links in emails
This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer -- Thanks, Ronjon444 ronjon444 wrote: > This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. > This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this > computer You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online searches? Google still works: http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22 Operation ca...

How to automatically fill in email reciepients..?
Hi all, I recently bought a new laptop. On my old laptop, I have used Outlook 2003 for a while and when I write a new email, I just need to press the first few keys then the destination receipient email address will automatically be filled in. On this new laptop Outlook 2003, I don't have this feature. I notice that I should reply emails first then I will get these recepient auto-fill in one by one. But that's slow. Can I import from the old laptop to the new laptop this feature? I have checked in the "contacts" region of the old Outlook 2003, to my surprise, the a...

Email Router Crashing
Hello, I am having an issue with email router. When the service is started, it is then stopped immediately with the error message: The CRM Email Router on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work etc etc In the event viewer we get the following error Message: #16192 - The E-mail Router service could not run the service main background thread. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will now shut down. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The E-mail router service cannot access system state file Microsoft.Crm.Tools.E...

How to reorder email accounts in Mail view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? Hi, sorry, you can't change that. The accounts are ordered alphabetically, with the default account on top. On 22/02/10 18:51, spamtarget@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that > email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? -- Mi...

disable line and page breaks icons on new emails
I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no joy. Linda Laing wrote: > I have pressed a button don't know which and every time I create a new email > I get all the background icons i.e. dot for a space and every line I get the > paragragh icon, its not major but is a pain. Tried the view option but no > joy. You neglected to mention WHICH version of Outlook that you are us...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

Transfer emails
I want to transfer old emails to a separate folder on my C drive without loosing the original dates. If I do copy the email to the new folder, the date shown is the date of tranfer - this is not what I want. -- Ship ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

Outlook deletes my ISP emails
I use MS Outlook to receive emails from ISP of SBC-Yahoo. Each time I got connected to the SBC account, I could receive my email from SBC account, but all the source emails in the SBC account were deleted automatically by the MS-Outlook.I could receive the mails but can not send the email through MS-Outlook. I have no problem in using the Outlook Express but the MS- Outlook. Please help! Thank you very much. Mai ...

email reply failures
I have client using Outlook 2003 where when she tries to reply to an email message from someone on the same ISP as hers, she gets an error message saying the message could not be delivered because the person does not have an address at this location. The error code is #5.1.1. However, if she resends the message it is delivered ok. Can anyone give me an idea on what I can do to fix this problem? ...

new email not displayed after running scanpst
I am running Outlook 2003 and this morning I got an error that there were file errors in my Inbox and to run scanpst.exe. I ran the scanpst.exe and fixed the file. When prompted if I wanted to backup the old file I chose yes named the file OutlookRepair.bak. Now when I download my email the mail is taken off my email server and the mail is not being displayed in Outlook. I have checked my Data Files location and it is still showing the same location as before the error. I tried importing this file and got a message that the file i was trying to import was the same as the destinatio...

setting up email in Outlook2003
I'm having a problem setting up an email account in this new Outlook 2003. My POP3 is correct, my SMTP is correct. Everything appears to be fine until I send a test message. I keep getting the following: (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' I set up everything in Eudora and it works fine, but I don't like Eudora! What am I doing wrong? Dave Try creating a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->Add. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to ...

wireless email
I can receive email through my sprint pcs wireless card, but when I try to respond it tells me I need to authenticate first...through the administrator?? Also, I'm having problems getting it to realize my address book. I don't know if this is all related or not...HELP... I'm on the road and not able to receive important emails and not sure what to do. Any assistance or advise is welcome. Terry You may need to tick the box for "my outgoing server requires authentication" in your email account properties. Check with your ISP. Re address book - right-click on you...

Default Email Account
I am using MS Outlook 2003 on a Windows SBS 2003 network. I do not want to use the Exchange server to send my email to my ISP. I want to send to the ISP directly from my computer. So, I open Tools/Email Accounts.... select E-mail View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next>. I then highlight my ISP account Name and click Set as Default. It is now set as the default instead of the Microsoft Exchange Server. However, when I restart the next morning, I have to go through the same procedure since the default has reset to the MS Exchange Server. How can I make the ISP account t...

Exchange 2003 reports
Is this possible with Exchange 2003? Or, is it only available through a third party reporting tool? If it is available could you please tell me how, if not, could you reccommend an acceptable third party tool? On 17 Jan 2007 07:14:19 -0800, JoshRountree@gmail.com wrote: >Is this possible with Exchange 2003? Or, is it only available through a >third party reporting tool? If it is available could you please tell me >how, if not, could you reccommend an acceptable third party tool? Not out of the box with Exchange. You'll want something like Promodag or Spotlight Mark Arnold [M...

Unable to have someone receive my emails
I have two email accts. that I have had with msn for a while now. I have just started really utilizing my Outlook program with these accts. and everything was fine up until three days ago when now all of a sudden with my hotmail acct. I can send messages - and they are marked as sent - but they are NOT being received. I have tested it on my own msn email acct. and have confirmed that. I have tried everything I can think of from uninstalling to re- adding all email accts. Does anyone have any insight for me? Deb wrote: > I have two email accts. that I have had with msn for a >...

Outlook/Exchange Bouncing Back Email Erroneously
Hi All, I have setup SBS 2003 for a client of mine and they are using Exchange. This is the setup. 1. They have a hosted domain website (We don't want to host their site locally) www.theirdomain.com and another ISP company for their DSL connection 2. They have SBS 2003 server locally with a local FQDN as headoffice.theirdomain.com running Exchange 3. Each user has a pop3 account with the hosting company set as their default account in Outlook and an Exchange account for their mailbox access where everthing is stored and calendars are shared. (At this point I think it is best if...

Cannot open embedded links in email
Suddenly I cannot open Internet links that are included in Outlook (Office 2003) emails I receive. The pop-up days "the operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system admin". It's my PC and I am the administrator. The only thing I've done recently is install/uninstall Firefox 3 beta. How can I get my ability to open the links back? Thanks. Control Panel->internet options->programs tab->reset web settings. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...

Sending emails periodically automatically
Hello, I want to send a email twice a week to somebody automatically. (The same message). Is there a possibility in outlook? Thanks, pascal elia <joseph@pcl.ch> wrote: > I want to send a email twice a week to somebody automatically. (The > same message). Is there a possibility in outlook? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041230.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Functionality for pre-selecting outgoing email account
Hello: I am looking for software that will allow Outlook 2003 to provide a pop-up window asking me which account I want to send from when I click on the "New Mail Message" button. Idealy, this would insert the proper signature for the outgoing account to be used in the email. Can you help point me in the right direction for this? Thanks in advance. J. Chris Templeton Outlook 2003 already provides this functionality via the Accounts drop-down list on an open message. If you want it to switch signatures automatically, you need to be using WordMail as your editor and have a de...

i don't now wat url used to my email sender i have gmail
i have gmai email and ebre time i want 2 sed the mail from cragslist it open outlook and i fiil up the mail and i send it. but it thas no't sende the mail. wat url can i use how u can help me albero wrote: > i have gmai email and ebre time i want 2 sed the mail from cragslist > it open outlook > and i fiil up the mail and i send it. > but it thas no't sende the mail. wat url can i use how u can help me Do you use Outlook to get your Gmail, or do you only use the website? Lets start with that. -- f.h. ...

Able to send email, but not receive
I'm trying to set up a second mailbox with a different address in Outlook 2002. I can send email to my Yahoo mailbox, but I can't receive any. I get the following error message: Task 'http://my.screenname: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC34) : 'The requested resource was not found.' I'm sure I just need to change a setting or something, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any suggestions Have you signed up with Yahoo! to get your webmail enabled for use with Outlook? By default, Yahoo! Mail accounts aren't acc...