Not recieving emails...

I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo
email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to
my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows
Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website
but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when
I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then
does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand.

Thanks Jim

It is a Yahoo Plus account - right?  You must have a Yahoo PLUS for POP3
access.  If you have that, you might try deleting the account you set up and
recreating it from scratch.  Sometimes the setup corrupts itself.

"Jim Sleeter" <Jim Sleeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo
> email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages
> my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my
> Windows
> Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows
> website
> but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also
> when
> I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and
> then
> does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand.
>
> Thanks Jim

0
slk759
2/22/2010 3:35:36 PM

"Jim Sleeter" wrote:

> I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo
> email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to
> my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows
> Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website
> but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when
> I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then
> does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand.
>
> Thanks Jim
I am  having the same problem and have tried everything I know. I hope
someone can help
June

"Jim Sleeter" wrote:

> I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo
> email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to
> my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows
> Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website
> but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when
> I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then
> does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand.
>
> Thanks Jim
You have a Yahoo email account like Jim Sleeter?
Is it a free one or a paid one?=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"junearwood" <junearwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I am  having the same problem and have tried everything I know. I hope=20
> someone can help=20
> June
>=20
> "Jim Sleeter" wrote:
>=20
>> I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my =
yahoo=20
>> email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test =
messages to=20
>> my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my =
Windows=20
>> Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows =
website=20
>> but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. =
Also when=20
>> I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account =
and then=20
>> does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand.=20
>>=20
>> Thanks Jim
0
Gary

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

Outlook 2003 trying to send nonexistant email
I have a 2 part problem but the main issue is it trying to send an email that doesn't exists. I have att DSL on XP SP2. I can send and receive email from both of my yahoo email accounts through Outlook express. In outlook 2003 I receive a sending error "connection to server was interrupted" when I try to send on either of these email accounts only and not my ATT accounts. This is a problem but my main problem is that I continually receive this error on one of my two yahoo accounts when I have outlook open. There are no emails in my outbox and I have deleted this account a...

w97m.thus.aa in word attachments stopping entourage from sending email
Hi, Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above virus is in the document and it fails to send it. Any ideas how i can sort this out, I've already deleted the /user/username/library/preferences/microsoft/ folder and this made no difference. Thanks nick In article <1140009387.377310.45670@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Nick" <nickwales@gmail.com> wrote: > Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage > (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above vi...

Hyperlinks do not work in email in outlook
Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows XP I began getting this message whenever I tried to click on a hyperlink in an email: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I assume it is because some switch has been set. Could someone tell me how to regain the ability to use the embedded links in email in outlook? Thanks Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows > XP I began getting this message whene...

How to send a multipage newsletter in the body of an email
First, the caveats. 1. I use Outlook Express so I can't be certain that this process will work if you are using something like AOL, Juno, Netscape Mail or the like. I'm sure that it will work with Outlook even tho I haven't tested it. If you are using one of those programs and you try this, I'd be interested to hear if it worked. 2. This process could produce a hefty email. I used a four page Publisher template and the file size is about 800 KB. As you change fonts, add pictures, etc, the size will grow. 3. If your audience has their email set for text only, there'...

Email Message(s) Not Being Retrieved
I've been waiting for an email today but Windows Mail hasn't retrieved it. I then decided to go online to my email client's web site and the email is there! The email was posted on the server today at 10:05 AM. The message isn't in any of my other Windows Mail folders including the Junk Email folder. Any idea why this message isn't being retrieved by Windows Mail?? James Sorry I found the message. I had them sorted oldest to newest. Duh. "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23r5VO4H7KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

Email & System Administrator
I am using XP Professional. I have Outlook 2003. When I try to click a link in an email I get the following message: "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact the system administrator." I am the only one with an account on the computer. How do I fix this problem???? OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on this Computer... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049&Product=ol2002 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

Email Resolving
Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to tell CRM to go back and resolve all existing email records that have email addresses with question marks automatically or on a regular basis. We have contact being added to the system all the time and it would be nice to have the system auto check for old past emails and auto resolve them to new contacts created in the system. Thanks in advance for your help! Chris ...

receiving email with paper clip symbol
Whenever I get an email with the paper clip symbol I cant' open the attachment. It reads, "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" I'm quite sure that all received attachments are not unsafe.... This Compaq computer and XP software is only 3 wks old. I'm not computer savvy!!! Where does the problem originate? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of pro...

external email does not route
I am looking at an exchange server for a client. (they did the setup) They are having problems with external mail routing to internal mail boxes. (they had a sending problem also, but I resolved that) It seems like the system does not know any other address. only the administrator. Mail will arrive at the server and be sent to the administrator. Mail will go back to sender as "error 500" All internal mail is fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!! All incoming mail had this issue? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "vito" <vito@vbnetworks.com> ���g��l��s�D :OHknl6hxEHA.3276@TK2MS...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

can't download email after MS updates
I'm using Outlook 2000 with Win XP Pro and I was able to download all my emails from my POP3 server, but coincidentally after doing the windows regular updates yesterday the Outlook doesn't download the emails. Although I can do send...I don't get any errors or dialog boxes for promts when i do send & receive. Thanks, Ik. Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240347) and post the POP3Log.txt file? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...

All my emails are blank
Hi, After (or so it seems) installing msn messenger, all my emails on a pop3 server do not open - outlook reiceves them from the server but they are all blank (with a busy mouse pointer when you hover above them)this isnt only new emails but all the emails on my hard drive!! help! Faz ...

Not getting emails
Hi, Suddenly, I stopped getting emails to my Windows Mail account. I go through Verizon to get my emails. When I signed on to my verizon account, the email was there and I forwarded it to myself and I did get that one. But I'm not getting any others. Can you help me? Thanks, ...

1 account, 2 computers and 2 email addresses
Good evening, I've got one broadband email account on two networked computers, both using Outlook 2000. I want each computer to receive their own respective emails, however, both computers are receiving emails from both accounts. I just double checked Outlook on this computer and under Accounts, only the account I created for this computer is there. Why am I still getting the other emails? And how do I filter so that each computer gets it's own respective mail? Thanks. Frank Phrank <Phrank> wrote: > I've got one broadband email account on two networked computers, ...

Send email to same domain name (Expert only)
Hi all, My environment as below: Internal domain name abc.com and server is ex1 External domain name abc.com and email is test@abc.com, server is ex2 Question: I have setup outlook 2003, ex1 using exchange mode and ex2 using pop3 mode, it seem ok for internal or external mail's, but i found that if ex1 no mailbox of test@abc.com, the return message is can't delivery this mail. How can i send email in test@abc.com which ex2 server can recevied? I feel that ex1 server is received the email first!!! Pls advise Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321721 Lei...

I can't get Outlook to synchronize with my yahoo email account.
I keep getting error messages. IS there someone or a website with good directions that might be able to assist me. Thanks! "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:933B689D-59DF-4237-958C-45A246982C33@microsoft.com > I keep getting error messages. IS there someone or a website with > good directions that might be able to assist me. > > Thanks! Do you have a paid-for premium account with Yaoo? (Unless you're in the UK.......) Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I keep getting error messages. And those messages are? ...