not receiving emails

Hi,

Here is the message I am receiving:

inactivity. Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Server:
'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

Thanks
--
qg

"qg" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is the message I am receiving:
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Server:
> 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0F
>
> Thanks
> --
> qg
am getting same message.  Server is Time Warner Road Runner in Raleigh.  Mail
goes out but here's the message about incoming mail:

inactivity. Account: 'pop-server.nc.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.nc.rr.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

que of 350 plus people wating for response from roadrunner.

Any response from Windows people?

"Windows people"? Who would that be? Microsoft does not
monitor this forum.

That error can be caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the
antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to
eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may
need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced. A free antivirus that is
100% compatible is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons =
explained here:

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jonsi"  wrote in message =

am getting same message.  Server is Time Warner Road Runner in Raleigh.  =
Mail
goes out but here's the message about incoming mail:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes =
for
inactivity. Account: 'pop-server.nc.rr.com', Server: =
'pop-server.nc.rr.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

que of 350 plus people wating for response from roadrunner.

Any response from Windows people?=20

0
Gary

email
when i send a email with a picture i get you need a digital id Shouldn't matter whether it includes a picture or not. Go to Tools (ALT+T), Options, Security and uncheck the boxes under Secure Mail. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "inden1" <inden1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9341D5A0-6930-4EB4-8547-FC7EEE4400D9@microsoft.com... > when i send a email with a picture i get you need a digital id ...

Receive payments from invoices matched with check deposits
I generated some invoices and emailed them to our customers, then they sent in checks which I later deposited at the bank. Now, when I got the checks I went into money and opened the invoices and select 'receive payment' and did that process. Then when I upload my bank statement it shows the deposit of the checks, but now I have 2 enteries of the same amount for the same things. Which one do I delete, or is there a way to let money know that, when Im entering those invoices that the deposit uploaded from the bank is the same transaction? Help =?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?= <Grace@discussi...

Delayed email rejections
On certain domains I get a NDR message for certain contacts only. The strange thing is that the message appears to have been successfully delivered. However when we reboot the server, when it comes back up these messages are delivered, possibly days after the original email was sent. Any ideas? The message received is: The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <xxx.xxx.local #4.0.0 smtp;450 <xxx@xxx.com>: Recipient address reje...

hyperlink creation for email
looks OK when created in Publisher doesn't work when email is copied, pasted and sent when you click on the "click here" button - nothing happens help! What version? How was it created? As documented on my web site some versions have a known issue with dropping a hyperlink if it's in a filled text box, or a border art text box. This can also happen if the page is converted to an image. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

double emails #6
I set up Outlook Express yesterday. Five minutes later, I realized that what I really wanted was Outlook so I changed over to that. Now I'm getting duplicates of all emails. I also have McAfee so I'm wondering if that is affecting it as well. Yesterday I got single emails. This morning I woke up to doubles. dudish <dudish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up Outlook Express yesterday. Five minutes later, I realized > that what I really wanted was Outlook so I changed over to that. Now > I'm getting duplicates of all emails. Duplicates in one program, o...

Font Changes in Emails
All my email settings are set to Arial 10pt black so all emails I create and respond to show the Arial font on screen. However, since the beginning of this year, when I get a response to an email I have sent or forwarded, my original text in the email has converted to Times New Roman. I am working through a network but no-one else has this problem and my network administrator cannot explain why it is happening. Any ideas? Hello Josie, I too have had this happen to me in my own e-mail account form the organisation I work for. It appears that in certain circumstances the sett...

Multiple copies of emails #2
I've read some of the other posts on this problem, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Here's the background. I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP-3). I have 3 different email accounts with comcast that I have forwarded to my Outlook. If some sends an email to any one of those account, I end up getting 3 copies of it in my inbox ... all to the same one of my email addresses. I know this isn't a problem with Comcast, because when I look at my messages on their server, there's only one copy of each. So I figure it must have something to do with the Rules ... but w...

Organizer's tracking tab not updating when response received
Hi, Has anyone run into this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it: I sent a meeting request to three people, they all accepted, but the tracking tab shows the response for only two of the attendees. I opened all three responses in my Inbox - I know I've had to actually open the responses to get the tracking tab to update in the past, but there is still one attendee who shows as "None" in the Response column. Any ideas on why this would happen? I don't want to receive responses, but still have to go into the calendar item and update the meeting reques...

Tracking USER Email
I would like to track various email messages that I receive from internal CRM users (not contacts) such as a co-worker, or supervisor. When I choose to track the email, it shows me that it is tracking the email to that user, but I can't figure out a way to view that history. I've created a view showing a specific user, but there is no history available to view for a user. The only option I see is to have each user set up as a contact. Any other suggestions? Sweetmans, you could create an entity for the users, you would then have the history aspect. But i know you can...

2 Outlook email security questions
I just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook, & I'm able to do most of the things I want, but I have a couple questions about security that I can't find answers to. 1. In OE, when you view a message, if there are graphics, there is some kind of security zone setting that doesn't display the graphics unless/until you click on a bar that says it's okay. I like that, but I can't find any similar setting in Outlook. Outlook's options | security | zones is already set on the most restrictive, and that's all I could think of. Any other places to set thi...

Outlook 07 Sending but not Receiving
I have Vista Beta 3 and Outlook 2007. I can send and receive with one account, but my second account times out when receiving with error 0X8004210a. The test account settings works fine and it sends. But then when I click Send/Receive it times out. I checked the settings. They work fine on an XP Pro computer with Outlook 2003 on the same network. I increased the server timeout as well. I disabled all security etc. I have no antivirus (yet) I cannot even get to the webmail site to check that way. It pings ok, but just continues loading when I try and go there. Any ideas. ...

How can I setup send/receive to automatically update in outlook 20
I just upgrade from outlook express 2003 to outlook 2007 and my send/receive will not update/refresh automatically like my outlook express did.even though i have the setting set to do so every 1 minute. I am using hotmail if this makes a difference. Thank you Bobby Don't set it to every minute - that's too often and can cause problems. Try setting it to every 5 minutes and see if that helps. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "bobby02169" <bobby02169@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:280E1DCC-50BF-...

Word 2000 email editor in Outlook 2003
We have recently upgraded our servers to Exchange Server 2003 for Small Business. In doing so, we upgraded all the clients to Outlook 2003 which was included in the package. As a result, the clients that were using MS Word 2000 as their email editor no longer have that option available in Outlook 2003. Is there any fix or patch to enable this without having to upgrade to Office 2003? Regards, No you can't. Onether option is to downgrade the Outlook 2003 clients that want to use Word as the mail editor. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office rel...

Simple Workflow Email Not Working
I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow that emails someone when "x" is completed. So as a test I created a new work flow... Name: Test1 Description: testing work flow Entity: Account Event: Create I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me: When account is created E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been created I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager. Then after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the rule. But when I create a new account, I do not receiv...

NDR does not have the recepient's email address
Hello MSFT, We are currently migrating from Lotus notes to Exchnage 2003 SP1. Some migrated users get NDRs when they try to send emails to some users, and these NDRs don't have the recepient's email address, and instead has the recepient's GUID. So the sender doesn't know who didn't get the email. Please see the NDR below -- From: System Administrator Sent: 04 January 2006 13:20 To: /O=TEM/OU=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=9409ea02-aee51458-8025699f-5a6965 Subject: Undeliverable:PS Finance Review - CICG13 Your message did not reach some or all of the ...

Sending email from "Contacts" folder
When I am in my "Contacts" Folder and I try to click the E-Mail option on the menu bar at the top, I get an error message stating "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action." even through I have set up Windows Live Mail as my default email program in the Control Panel Defaults. How can this be corrected? The current version of WLM doesn't use those contacts. It uses contacts stored in edb files located in C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts. The Contacts folder is for Windows Mail compatib...

Filtering Messages To Receive Only From Your Contacts?
Anyone know how to create a filter list that you will only accept mail from people on your contact list in Outlook and/or Outlook Express. I just dont understand why is it that Hotmail and Yahoo mail can do this seamlessly. I have tried to mess around with the filter settings, but with no luck. Even if you get mail from people on your list to your box and the rest goes to the trash bin like hotmail would be great. Thx Rob Outlook 2002 has this built into Rules Wizard. In earlier versions, = you'd have to add each contact to the rules individually.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Out...

Automatically attach incoming emails to cases
I have an email account which CRM 3 monitors and puts in to a Queue. Where the email is in response to an email sent re a Case within CRM, is there away to get the mail to be attached to the case automatically - sorry if I've not explained clearly you will need a plugin like C360.com to do it tkx "Dyawlak" <dyawlak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49DB52E3-694E-4F68-96AC-8209D49DA5D8@microsoft.com... >I have an email account which CRM 3 monitors and puts in to a Queue. Where >the email is in response to an email sent re a Case within CRM, is there >away ...

Email Attachments on hard copy printout
Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the name of the file surrounded by brackets. The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere the attachments I've included. Is there some way to get the icons or file names on the printed copy of an email? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:37:16 -0700, "valuemgmt@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the >name of the file surrounded by brackets. > >The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere >the attachments I...

Sending emails #10
Whenever I send an email, I don't have to type but the just the first name and Outlook chooses the correct person or gives me a choice from the GAL. But I used to be able to type in "Home" and it would know that address was in my Contacts list and just send it there no problem. Well, lately it doesn't recognize "Home" or anything else in my Contacts list. I have to tell it where to look and then choose that address. Repeatedly. I switched between computers for a couple weeks or so and moved folders from one to the other and back. Is there one I might hav...

Outlook nonresponding when opening email w attachment
I can open emails unless they have an attachment. If there is an attachment, double clicking or right clicking the email causes Outlook to go into nonresponding mode requiring shutting down Outlook with Task Manager and rebooting. I am using Win XP professional with Office XP 2002. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks Pete. I'am having the same problems, please let me know if you find a solution. Warry. Op Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:41:23 -0800 schreef "Pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>: >I can open emails unless they have an attachment. If >there is a...

Recieiving same email twice
I am recieving the same email twice. Why is this happening and how can i fix it? ...

EMAIL VIRUS #2
I'M KEEP GETTING EMAIL FROM MICROSOFT, I THINK IS A VIRUS THE EMAIL IS LIKE THAT FROM "MICROSOFT NET MAIL DELIVERYT SERVICE" OR "MS INET MAIL DELIVERY SYSTEM" THE BODY LIKE THIS ---------------------------------------------------------- " Hi. This is the qmail program I'm sorry to have to inform you that I wasn't able to deliver your message to one or more destinations. Undeliverable to ihxqvmv@freemail.com Message follows:" OR LIKE THIS ------------------------------------------------------- " I'm sorry I wasn't ab...

how to send out email with yahoo account
I installed Office 2003 and I can't send email or receive it in Outlook. I get an error message "Task http://www.yahoo.com- Sending report error (0x800CCC33) : Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. The server responded 'Forbidden'." You must be a paid subscriber to use Yahoo! mail. For more information, check their help files. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be de...

Disable OutlookXP send and receive at startup
Dear reader, I wish somebody would render me his/her kind assistance into how t disable Outlook XP Send & Receive at startup?(You can easily disabl this in Outlook Express). I find it annoying at startup and beside don't want to download my messages before I view them with anothe program which is able to delete them at server's mail box. Also how do we uncheck saving mail in server?( And again one can easil configure this feature in Outlook Express) > how to disable Outlook XP Send & Receive at startup? > Also how do we uncheck saving mail in server? Thanking you ...