Not Able to Send Mail

I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
be appreciated.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
--
bwise

When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment.
In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
sending from home or from a laptop away from home?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bwise"  wrote in message news:69A7D503-0EEE-47E0-BE97-D46D5E59E43F@microsoft.com...

I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
be appreciated.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
--
bwise

0
Gary
6/10/2010 11:09:12 PM
Yes, my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT.  I am trying to send messages from
home.  I haven't changed any settings.  Thanks.
--
bwise

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
> obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
> If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
> the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
> your Internet connection at that moment.
> In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
> sending from home or from a laptop away from home?
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "bwise"  wrote in message news:69A7D503-0EEE-47E0-BE97-D46D5E59E43F@microsoft.com...
>
> I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
> no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
> be appreciated.
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
> --
> bwise
>

> .

It is possible that AT&T has migrated your Bellsouth account to the newer platform.
Try the server names and settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

If that results in a different error message, please post it here.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
> obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
> If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
> the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
> your Internet connection at that moment.
> In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
> sending from home or from a laptop away from home?
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "bwise"  wrote in message news:69A7D503-0EEE-47E0-BE97-D46D5E59E43F@microsoft.com...
>
> I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
> no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
> be appreciated.
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
> --
> bwise
>

> .

0
Gary
6/11/2010 4:56:03 AM
i am having the same problem

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> It is possible that AT&T has migrated your Bellsouth account to the newer platform.
> Try the server names and settings given here:
> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738
>
> If that results in a different error message, please post it here.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "bwise"  wrote in message news:50FF65E7-8127-43CD-85C9-B3B4436940A7@microsoft.com...
>
> Yes, my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT.  I am trying to send messages from
> home.  I haven't changed any settings.  Thanks.
> --
> bwise
>

> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
> > obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
> > If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
> > the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
> > your Internet connection at that moment.
> > In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
> > sending from home or from a laptop away from home?
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >

> > "bwise"  wrote in message news:69A7D503-0EEE-47E0-BE97-D46D5E59E43F@microsoft.com...
> >
> > I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
> > no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
> > be appreciated.
> >
> > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> > 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
> > --
> > bwise
> >

> > .
> >

> .

i don't have at&t i have comcast xfinity

"phyllink" wrote:

> i am having the same problem
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > It is possible that AT&T has migrated your Bellsouth account to the newer platform.
> > Try the server names and settings given here:
> > http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738
> >
> > If that results in a different error message, please post it here.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >

> > "bwise"  wrote in message news:50FF65E7-8127-43CD-85C9-B3B4436940A7@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Yes, my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT.  I am trying to send messages from
> > home.  I haven't changed any settings.  Thanks.
> > --
> > bwise
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
> > > obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
> > > If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
> > > the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
> > > your Internet connection at that moment.
> > > In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
> > > sending from home or from a laptop away from home?
> > >
> > > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > >

> > > "bwise"  wrote in message news:69A7D503-0EEE-47E0-BE97-D46D5E59E43F@microsoft.com...
> > >
> > > I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
> > > no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
> > > be appreciated.
> > >
> > > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> > > 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> > > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
> > > --
> > > bwise
> > >

> > > .
> > >

> > .

If you looked at other posts, you know the drill.
Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"phyllink"  wrote in message news:9808833A-D2B2-4FF3-857D-518694BE85C9@microsoft.com...

i am having the same problem

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> It is possible that AT&T has migrated your Bellsouth account to the newer platform.
> Try the server names and settings given here:
> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738
>
> If that results in a different error message, please post it here.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "bwise"  wrote in message news:50FF65E7-8127-43CD-85C9-B3B4436940A7@microsoft.com...
>
> Yes, my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT.  I am trying to send messages from
> home.  I haven't changed any settings.  Thanks.
> --
> bwise
>

> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
> > obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
> > If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
> > the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
> > your Internet connection at that moment.
> > In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
> > sending from home or from a laptop away from home?
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >

> > "bwise"  wrote in message news:69A7D503-0EEE-47E0-BE97-D46D5E59E43F@microsoft.com...
> >
> > I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
> > no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
> > be appreciated.
> >
> > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> > 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
> > --
> > bwise
> >

> > .
> >

> .

0
Gary
6/11/2010 10:55:24 PM
All the more reason why I need to see *your* error message.

"phyllink" wrote:

> i am having the same problem
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > It is possible that AT&T has migrated your Bellsouth account to the newer platform.
> > Try the server names and settings given here:
> > http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738
> >
> > If that results in a different error message, please post it here.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >

> > "bwise"  wrote in message news:50FF65E7-8127-43CD-85C9-B3B4436940A7@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Yes, my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT.  I am trying to send messages from
> > home.  I haven't changed any settings.  Thanks.
> > --
> > bwise
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
> > > obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
> > > If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
> > > the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
> > > your Internet connection at that moment.
> > > In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
> > > sending from home or from a laptop away from home?
> > >
> > > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > >

> > > "bwise"  wrote in message news:69A7D503-0EEE-47E0-BE97-D46D5E59E43F@microsoft.com...
> > >
> > > I am unable to send mail.  I am using Windows Mail.  I am receiving mail with
> > > no problems.  I have included the error message below.  Any assistance would
> > > be appreciated.
> > >
> > > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> > > 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> > > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
> > > --
> > > bwise
> > >

> > > .
> > >

> > .

0
Gary

retrieving mail from another location on other computer. HELP
When i travel i don't always go with my own laptop. Can i access my outlook mail on the web ? If your mail provider makes it available on the web, yes. "Juliemrm" <Juliemrm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0191906-4B63-4020-AAC4-58041BD51703@microsoft.com... : When i travel i don't always go with my own laptop. Can i access my outlook : mail on the web ? Yes & No You wont be able to access the mail you have downloaded / sent within Outlook, unless its an imap account Otherwise see Tom's post "Juliemrm" <J...

Not keeping a copy of mail on server
Hi, I've just setup a Microsoft Exchange account in Outlook 2003 and using Cached Exchange Mode but it seems that all my emails have downloaded locally to my PC. I thought the default behaviour was to keep a copy on the server? Thanks - Jamie. Hello Jamie, That's the idea of Exchange cached mode using Outlook 2003, that a local copy of your mailbox is held locally, and periodically updated from your mailbox on the Exchange server (5 minutes by default I believe). A server copy is still maintained by the Exchange server. HTH, Andrew "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hot...

Default Contact list when sending email
Hi, When I send emails and I select NEW and then select TO.. the list defaults to my global address list. I need it to default to CONTACTS......... can this be done? Yes. Can you specify your Outlook version so we can tell you how? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "SamMJlo" <SamMJlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A47A8-D5FA-44BC-AEC5-51450CDA8F22@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When I send emails and I select NEW and then select TO.. the list defaults > to my global address list. > > I need it to default to CONTACTS......... > > can...

Mail Recive Problem!
Greetings to all. Has put the Domain Controller (Windows 2003 Enterprise Server), has lifted Mail a server (Microsoft Exchange Server 2003) has adjusted, all works, mail are sent/recive, all fine!, has put an AntiVirus for Mail Server (Symantec AntiVirus For Exhchange 4.0) all perfectly works has decided to check up acceptance sending/reciveng with in the Internet, mail are sent from my server and here to accept it them that accepts but as I have understood to users on maibox does not scatter (In a nutria of a network to itself send and work) And letters come from street (Internet) located on...

Unable to send email to another CRM User
A very Tricky one!! I am having MS CRM 3 working without any issues. Emails are getting tracked. You can send emails to outside domain contacts. Queue gets the email from outside and no issues anywhere. But when you send an email from user CRM web client to another user it does not show up in the outlook. I have changed the user email address to yahoo and other email it works fine. where's the issue? CRM user also exists in the CRM as contact even if I send them then its not got going. I concluded if you send email from same domain to same domain where CRM is installed emails ar...

problem importing data from Excel using Publisher Mail Merge
I am using Publisher Version 2002 and also Excel Version 2002. I have created a mailing list in Excel format consisting of 203 entries. However, when I attempt to access the mailing list using Mail Merge Feature of Publisher, after choosing the data source and seeing the listed names in the chart, while in Publisher, only 163 of the 203 names are shown. And, after doing the merge, only 163 name labels are printed. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing incorrectly? best, Aaron Not sure if it has to do with batch size or not. Read the article here, it might be what you are looking for...

How do I generate an e-mail list from Access 2007?
Hi folks, What I need is quite simple and useful. I have a table which contains all the students' information, including their email address. And sometimes I would like to send emails to all of them. Is there a way in Access 2007 that I can easily generate an email list, in a format like "email1, email2, email3,.....". In this case, I could just simple copy and paste the email list to my sending email. Thanks a ton!! Casy On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:22:00 -0800, Casy <Casy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi folks, > What I need is quite simple and us...

How do I make Microsoft outlook my default e-mail handler?
I have windows xp home edition, and office 2000. I have the option to make outlook express my default e-mail but not outlook and that is what I need to use for the calendar and news capabilities. Carol S. cwacarol@cox-internet.com Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "cwacarol" <cwacarol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D70BC32-206E-4298-9C71-DD5103DFB4A5@microsoft.com... >I have windows xp home edition, and office 2000. I have the option to make > outlook express my default e-mail but not outlook and t...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

Exchange organization e-mail routing
I have several Exchange servers in its own administrative group in its own domain. All domains are in the same forest. When I create a new user, I get default exchange server from different administrative group. But I won’t to use different server, for user mailbox. I can choose the right server and so on, it works… I would like to change that to different server, so default server is other server. Default exchange server is in not well connected network in different administrative group. So I would like to change default server in to well connected server in different exchange administ...

How do I reset Windows Mail? Multiple emails keep downloading.
I bought a windows computer with vista and Windows Mail. I set up my email and now every email is downloading over and over again each time I hit send and receive. I am on my fifth set up emails and have over 57,000 emails in my "in" box. How can I reset Windows Mail to it's original (factory) setting....meaning bringing it back to brand new. Also, how do I download emails from my server only ONCE, and then only new emails from then on? Help please! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:41:01 -0800, Renee Wood <Renee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I bough...

problem with e-mail tracking
Hello! I can not turn e-mail tracking off. I can go to system settings and turn off e-mail tracking. But when i go again to system setting e-mail tracking is turned on. Dont understand why. Also i tried to change some of tracking settings. like change from CRM to MRC. Again when i go againt to system settings all is like it was before changing. Anyone have solution?? Sorry for my poor English. yes the answer is probably that your reporting system is not working. Some of the system settings are for reports. If reports are not working then you will not be able to save system settings ====...

Is it just me - or are - windows 7 - media center - windows live mail
Some three months into Windows 7 X64 and just about reconciled to absence of NewsGroups via Outlook Express - when up jumps Windows Live Mail - evidently with capability to reach out and subscribe to NTTP Newsgroups. I surmise - there must also be a host of features (or at least - some) which also I have managed to overlook - which are part of the Media Center Software. Won't even mention the new look of Office 2007 (2010 you say?) where it takes a dullard like me - a few weeks to find the help tab.... But - getting there is said to be more important than the final ...

Outlook 2003
Just installed Office 2003 and send/receive does not work, even though I imported my account info from Outlook Express (which DOES work). Tried using PassPort for support, but product ID was not accepted. Checked and am sure it is correct. Does it give you any messages or just not do anything when you hit send/receive? Have you tried send and receive from each mail account? I have a problem with spam email stuck in there that prevents Outlook from pulling any mail from the server unless I delete the email that's stuck. Max "Judy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

i cannot make outlook open to send emails ie with an "email sign"
i am a bit new at this. :) i wish to use a "hotmail" address & open Outlook to this address. i can make an eamil but cant post tit to any address? ...

rejected e-mails
just downloaded outlook express 6 and can't send any e- mails error message 421. The 421 error code means that the outgoing server that you're trying to send through has been shut down and is no longer responding. Check that the name of the outgoing server in your account is correct. If it is, contact your ISP and ask them whether there's a problem with their servers (apparently cox.net is currently having problems, according to some other posts). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights <...

Mail disappears from folders
Mail moved to my draft folder from my inbox is gone when I reenter Windows Live Mail....also, after creating a folder, such as Saved Mail, it also disappears, along with the mail that was in it, when I return to the mail program..... The folders I create along with any mail I put in those folders is gone when I return to my mail program....how can I fix this and is there anyway to retrieve that mail...??? I have a Toshiba Satelitte laptop with Windows 7 OS...... Check your views... WLM Menu/View/Show or Hide/Show all messages The Draft folder is best used by clicking on Fil...

sending new e-mail message
got a new computer - am able to reply to a message that someone sends to me, but cannot "create" a new message and send it. Comes back undeliverable. Have typed in different e-mail addresses to try and send to and comes back with every one of them. Please post your version of Outlook when requesting help. Depending on your version, what happens when you use the Test Account Settings? Post the exact error message on the Errors tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.c...

Transferring E-mail accounts
I am switching hard drives on my laptop. I have to re-install windows as well as office. How do I copy, or transfer, my outlook e-mails as well as adresses to my new hard drive? I tried to copy the .pst files, but it won't allow me to copy them to a CD. Help please.... Is Outlook closed when you try to copy the .pst file? Use C+A+D and ensure there is no instance of outlook.exe (or mapi if using an older version) running. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook???
I keep getting the message in the title. I am using Outlook XP, SP3 and Norton Antispam (part of Norton Internet Security 2004). I know the reason I get the message is because Norton Antispam is trying to access my address book so I would like to turn off the message so I don't receive a message box 50 times per day that says: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it maybe a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (x) Minutes. x = 1, 2, 5, or 10 Is there ANY way to tur...

e-mail #49
Somehow I ended up having my e-mail sent to m/s outlook, instead of my regular mail (outlook express). Do I uninstall this program, and how do I do it thankyou, judithc@mountaincable.net You can remove Outlook by running MS Office's setup and remove it from there. Also, if you remove your email account from Outlook, it can't receive your mail "judith c" <judith c@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111CED6B-F5BE-4C86-8021-D87D6019C975@microsoft.com... > Somehow I ended up having my e-mail sent to m/s outlook, instead of my > regular mail (out...

Mail Disable Public Folders???
Hi, The Environment: Exchange Enterprise 2K3 SP1 in Native Mode on W2K3 Enterprise SP1 Was migrated from a Exchange 5.5 environment. All remnants of 5.5 and NT4.0 are long gone. The problem: We would like to mail disable many public folders because we need to do a dump via LDAP or WMI of all the SMTP addresses to give to our external mail forwarder/scanner. Here is the problem: If I am in ESM and right click on a folder and them pick all tasks I am prompted for "mail enable" the public folder. This is what I expect. The folder has not been mail enabled. If I then right...

Import PST e-mail from Windows Vist Outlook to Windows 7 Outlook
When I import the file outlook.pst which I made in Windows Vista into Outlook in Windows 7, it is put into the folder "large files' and when I tried to open, it imported my addresses, but it will not open to release my e-mail from Vista. Iget error message "Cannot open this item. Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe item." How to I open it. It is NOT unsafe; I scanned it for viruses. -- Peter Mussallem ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Peter Mussallem's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/1795...

Logo in signature attaches in E-Mail
I have my companies logo in my e-mail signature. When I send an e-mail using my signature, the logo is in the e- mail, but the logo also attaches itself as a .png extension. How do I make sure that every e-mail will not attach the logo? Thanks for your help ...

Cannot send email with Windows Live Mail
So i live in Mexico , i have an email adress at work wich i read from home but for some reason cannot reply or send new mail using that account here at home , i have been reading the other posts but nothing has help me , here is the error message : The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'mail.arrk.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 My ISP is Cablemas , Sony VAIO laptop runnig Vista Home Basic , Microsoft Security Essentials my antivirus . Please help !!! ...