more problems with windows mail

I changed the port # for outgoing mail and  it works.... but now I can't
receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go
directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows.  What do I do?
Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help.

Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"ms"  wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313E1@microsoft.com...

I changed the port # for outgoing mail and  it works.... but now I can't
receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go
directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows.  What do I do?
Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help.

0
Gary
6/26/2010 2:12:17 PM
Sorry.  This  was my fault.  I was looking in the windows mail file folder
instead of the imap.aol folder where all aol messages are stored. It's
working fine.  Thanks.

"ms" <ms@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I changed the port # for outgoing mail and  it works.... but now I can't
> receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go
> directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows.  What do I do?
> Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help.

0
Tweety
6/26/2010 5:41:26 PM
You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so,
> right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
> We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "ms"  wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313E1@microsoft.com...
>
> I changed the port # for outgoing mail and  it works.... but now I can't
> receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go
> directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows.  What do I do?
> Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help.
>

> .

0
Gary

Problems with CreateILockBytesOnhGlobal
The following code misbehaves by throwing int 3 breaks on the CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal call. If contnued, the call returns S_OK with a ILockBytes pointer, but then the StgOpenStorageOnILockBytes failes. Any ideas? HRESULT hres; IStorage *pstg = NULL; // // Load doc file from resources. // HGLOBAL hdoc = NULL; ILockBytes *plockbytes = NULL; HRSRC resinfo = FindResource(g_app.m_hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(resid), "DOCFILE"); if (!resinfo) return FALSE; hdoc = LoadResource(g_app.m_hInstance, resinfo); if (S_OK == CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal(hdoc, TRUE, &plockbytes...

update problem-crossposted
As I seem to have been abandoned by MS I thought I'd ask here. I have retail versions of Office 2003 student and teacher and Publisher 2000. These are not OEM or illegal copies. I was having numerous problems updating Office 2003 and was lead through an un-install and re-install by MS tech support. Received many updates that installed correctly until... I received a message that I needed to install updates for Office 2000 and that one had to be installed first and separately for the other to work. It would never download. After hours on the phone with MS it was determined that si...

Upload speed of e mails
I am using OE6 with XP pro sp3. I have recently changed from dial up to ADSL which is obviously much faster.The e mails however still send at snail pace, Is the sending speed of OE fixed in some way? Just curious to know. tia Joe Are you virus scanning emails? Turn it off. You may have to uninstall and reinstall to completely remove the email scanning. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "joe" <joe@ebox.com> wrote in message news:#hXvowFkKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am using OE6 with XP pro sp3. I have recently changed from dial up to > ADSL wh...

Cant see mail properties on users
Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do something wrong? Thanks. On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:52:01 -0800, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I >do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do >something wrong? > >Thanks. You mean in ADUC? Use the EMC to view that info instead. ...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Problems Backing up MS Money
I am running Microsoft money 2004 on a 64 bit windows vista machine. When I go to back up my files at the end of a session, money thinks that my 8 gig flash drive is a floppy disc and tells me that the disc is full and to insert another one. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this. This is something new, it was working alright for months. Any ideas? M2004 only knew about hard disks and floppies for backup. There was a "feature" whereby it could only handle 2gb USB sticks. You need to reduce your available space on the USB to under 2gb, by copying any old files till t...

Outlook2003 export of mail
If I export my mail to a *.pst file can Outlook2000 import it? I have tried this (even tho my O2K is on an exchange server) I cant seem to import my mail. On a related note, I have heard that MS is doing things of this nature to sorta "force" you to upgrade. Meaning that the newer apps change the data in question so that previous versions can't access it. FYI - I heard that in a Micheal's Minute (LindosOS) Thanks for your help and I hope all the above is NOT true. C I have the same problem. I have been unable to import 2003 .pst files into Outlook 2000. Would have been n...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Don't Get All My Mail
I have Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2000SP-3. I am not getting all of the same emails on Outlook 2000 that I get in Outlook Express. It is not a filtering problem. Can anyone help me. I also use IE6 with SBC as my ISP and also don't get the same messages as I get in Express. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make Outlook 2000 as my default, but I'm afraid I will not get all of my mail until this is fixed. You can post here or reply to me directly.... alphalandscape@sbcglobal.net Do you have OE set for the accts to Leave Mail on Server? If not, OE will remo...

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

drag and drop problem with cell references
i have a cell with a formula in one worksheet that references another cell. the formula looks like this: =IF((ISBLANK('Draft'!$D25)),"",'Draft'!$D25) where 'draft' is another worksheet in my workbook. the formula works fine, it looks empty if there is nothing in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), otherwise it mirrors the content of that cell. If i type something in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), it still works great. But if i drag something to the referenced cell than the formula gets screwed up and replaces the $D25, with #ref. I am gue...

How do I freeze my window pane so that information slides under
I am trying to "freeze" a window pane in a chart so that the information glides under the heading. thanks This blog may help you. http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_office_word/archive/2009/03/25/how-to-freeze-part-of-your-word-document.aspx Pam Judy wrote: >I am trying to "freeze" a window pane in a chart so that the information >glides under the heading. > >thanks -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-docmanagement/201004/1 ...

Problem cleaning up temporary files.
This isn't MFC specific so I apologize. I just like the information provided by the regular members of this group. I have an application that has a Rich Edit control. Next to the Rich Edit control is a Print button. To avoid all the details of printing, I decided to save the contents of the control to a RTF file, then do ShellExecuteEx("blahblah.rtf", "print", ...). This works fine. But, I sure would like to remove these temporary files. But I am finding that to be a tricky problem to solve. At first, I thought I would wait for the process started to end. Bu...

Mail Security
I am running Exchange 5.5 on Windows advanced server2K. From my Exchange server, logged in as Administrator, you can do the following: start->settings->control panel->mail....then change the mailbox user to anyone in the company......open MS Outlook and read their email... Is there a way I can prevent this from happening (even if only for my own mailbox) Thank you! If Administrator has the role of Service Account Admin on the site object, then this can happen. You wouldn't be the first person who used this account as the service account. You could change the service ac...

Workflow Problem
Hi all, some instances (approx 5%) of a workflow we use all the time are getting stuck at various points when we do a status reason change - the logs show the following error: Error Code = 80044151. SQL Server Error. SQL Server timeout expired. Our sql server is very under utilised and most of the workflows change states OK - any ideas ? Thanks Ian If the issue you're experiencing applies to Quotes/Orders/Invoices, the following Hotfix may help: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVLXUZLWUKKQPOVRVQNLNWOMXNQRQNZWVLNLTUPRNNUWPNZSZ "Ian K...

mail merge #12
HI: I'm doing a mail merge for mailing labels using an Excel database. Is there a way to have the same label print several times before going on to the next record? For example, I need to print single labels for records 1-4, then print 8 copies of label 5, and then continue printing single labels for the next 20 records. Thanks for any suggestions. Something to try: Look at the merge document that Word creates for the labels. You should see that there is some text at the beginning of each labels to the effect of "next record" Try deleting that. It should cause the the m...

Close window after the thread is executed
Greetings, I have created a thread (see below) and the whole program works fine except for one small problem. After the execution is done, I want the window to be closed, how can I achieve it? Thank you for you time & help, Regards, -KK void CVOBcompareDlg::OnStart() { threadFlag= TRUE; AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunction,this); } void CVOBcompareDlg::OnAbort() { threadFlag= FALSE; CDialog::OnCancel(); } KK wrote: > Greetings, > I have created a thread (see below) and the whole program works fine > except for one small problem. After the execution is done, I want the > window...

Windows 7
How do I allow only certain computers on our network to access certain folders? I have my music folder that can be accessed by any pc on our network but wish to limit other folder to certain pc not all of them. Can anyone advise how I could do this ? Oh I have Windows 7 and the other pc's in the house are all Vista. Permissions in Windows are based on users, not computers. You have to create identical users with identical passwords on all the computers then give users permissions to shares based on who you want to access the shares. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Wind...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

OMA problem #5
Hi all We are currently trying to connect a couple of users Nokia 6230i to exchange just to check their mail. When they login through either pc to test or the mobile the get the following error message Your user account has not been enabled for wireless access. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance We have checked in AD and the accout is enabled for oma. W2k3 server with exhcnage w2k3 sp2. Can anyone shed some light on this Cheers Glenn Hi, You've taken the primary domain SMTP suffix address of these users. For OMA to work succesfully, a user _must_ ...

Remote notification of new mail
I want to have a notification sent to a pager using snpp I am using Outlook 2k client on a exchange 5.5 server. If anyone has a solution I wiould love to here what you have done. CRT crtoner@comcast.net ...

Mail send to the wrong receiver
Dear Mdm/Sir, I've send to mail to my friends, the Email address is correct; because I created it at my personal address book. But after I send out the mail, this mail was receive by one of my colleague. May I know what's wrong with my Outlook 2000 and how to solve it ? Thank You ! Regards, William I doubt it is an Outlook problem. Either you entered the address into your address book incorrectly or you were given the wrong address to begin with. Outlook sends to whatever server responds to the address's domain. From there, it's out of Outlook's hands. "...

Mass Mail Management
The company I am working for is now collecting emails from our clients. We will be sending notices about rate changes, upcoming events and general communication through email. We are looking at sending out personalized mass mailers to these users. The only problem I am faced with is what to do with bounced email. Is there are service, tool or anything that can take a bounced email and validate the the email against a users name? I am thinking of something similar to Trans Union. With Trans Union you can enter a users SSN# and you will receive back a listing of where the user currently lives, ...

Sent Internet e-mails
Hi al I have an exchange server 5.5 installed on a w2k server. Everything is working fine except 1 user seems to be getting the following error message every time she sends an e-mail outside the firm. the error message is This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The item is currently being scanned for viruses. Try again in a few moments. Error is [0x80040119-0x00050a-0x000546 I would really appreciate help on this one from anyone in the group. Thank yo Arun That sounds like an NDR being generated by your Antivirus software, no...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...