Microsoft mail set up

The host 'mtnfolks69@msn.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
 Subject 'test', Account: 'www.mhc.edu', Server: 'mtnfolks69@msn.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

this is the message I receive after several attempts to set up the microsoft
office email - not sure what the SMTP is?

Go to Tools menu, Accounts. Once you have the Accounts dialogue,
double-click your email account. On the first "General" tab, the top line is
for your information only. You name the account so you can tell it apart
from other accounts. The User Information is actually used in the emails you
send, so that should usually be accurate and appropriate.

Next, on the Servers tab, use these settings:
--Server Information--
Incoming mail (POP3): pop3.email.msn.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.email.msn.com

--Incoming Mail Server
E-mail username: Use your entire email address: someone@msn.com
Password: Self-explanatory

Next, put in a check the box for "Log on using Secure Password
Authentication."

At the bottom is an item that says "My server requires authentication." That
should be checked. Behind the Settings button, it should say "Use Same
Settings as My Incoming Mail Server".

Now go to the Advanced tab. First, put checks in for both boxes that say
"This server requires a secure connection (SSL)", then for the Outgoing
server, use port 25 and for the Incoming server use 995. Once you've input
these port numbers, make sure the two check boxes are still checked and that
the numbers are still correct.

Click OK and then send yourself a test message. I got these data from the
following KB article, but it's written for Outlook, not Windows Mail, so the
instructions are off in places.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930008

R.

"Linda m" <Linda m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The host 'mtnfolks69@msn.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have
> entered the server name correctly.
> Subject 'test', Account: 'www.mhc.edu', Server: 'mtnfolks69@msn.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error
> Number:
> 0x800CCC0D
>
> this is the message I receive after several attempts to set up the
> microsoft
> office email - not sure what the SMTP is?

0
Rumpelstiltskin
9/12/2010 4:12:47 PM
"Linda m" <Linda m@discussions.microsoft.com> сообщила в новостях
> The host 'mtnfolks69@msn.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have
> entered the server name correctly.
> Subject 'test', Account: 'www.mhc.edu', Server: 'mtnfolks69@msn.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error
> Number:
> 0x800CCC0D
>
> this is the message I receive after several attempts to set up the
> microsoft
> office email - not sure what the SMTP is?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287604

0
St
9/12/2010 4:13:14 PM
Not sure what you mean by "Microsoft office email." I don't
recognize that as the name of any email program. Did you mean
Windows Mail?
If your MSN account is a paid one, use the settings given by
Rumpelstiltskin. If it is a free account, use these settings:

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

To give you a bit of history, Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail,
which for a long time was the only allowed access method for free
Hotmail/MSN accounts. Also, since Windows Mail development was
frozen in July 2006, it is not aware that Microsoft enabled POP access
for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts in Feb. 2009. Consequently, the
Windows Mail account setup wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail
and MSN addresses.To get around that limitation, when you enter your
Hotmail/MSN email address initially, use a fake domain, such as
me@xmsn.com. After the account setup is complete, you can go back
into the settings and correct your email address.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Subject 'test', Account: 'www.mhc.edu', Server: 'mtnfolks69@msn.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error =
Number:
0x800CCC0D

this is the message I receive after several attempts to set up the =
microsoft
office email - not sure what the SMTP is?=20

0
Gary

When is Microsoft coming out with updated version of Publisher?
I've been using Pubisher since 1997 and it's great...but now it's almost FOUR years old with no no version! More graphics, more WordArt options, that would be nice. When are we going to see a Publisher 2006-7?????? There is a new version of Office being beta tested now with an approximate release date of Spring 2007. (No clue about the amount of clipart or WordArt. Sorry) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy O'Brien" <Nancy O'Brien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005128ED-EF3D-4ADA-B02D-B5EB6790BFC0@microsoft.com.....

Microsoft Outlook Client Track in CRM Feature.
Hello Everyone, I have a user who updates and creates new contacts on behalf of another user in the Exchange System by using contact sharing on a regular basis. Once the Contacts have been created, there is a requirement for our user to be able to then track those contacts in CRM. The problem that I have is that when the user hightlights a contact whilst working in an open shared contacts folder, CRM displays an error message "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM." Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? Kind Regard...

Deletion settings in Mailbox Store Properties
Our company would like to enforce a policy to permanently delete items 30 days or older from each mailboxes Deleted items folder. The mailboxes all reside on the Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Store Properties, Deletion settings, the Keep deleted items for (days) is set to 30, yet the items are not being deleted. My thoughts are that it is because we do not have the Mailbox Manager scheduled to run. Is that correct? I am a little hesitant to run it because I am worried about what else it might "manage". I only see one recipient policy and that is for email addresses. ...

junk mail is not junk
i have a pop3 acct set to forward to a live acct delta sync. wlm client marks a contact mail as junk. i've done everything i can think of, by adding it to my contacts, marking as "not junk" "allow sender" etc. any help? win 7 WLMail does not mark emails as junk. That is done before the email is downloaded. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "skeeter" <nah@nah.com> wrote in message news:#g$6GBqfKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > i have a pop3 acct set to forward to a live acct delta sync. wlm client > marks a contact mail as junk. ...

Confusion regarding journaling and external mail
Hello all, A client of my company needs to have all their email archived for SEC compliance reasons. As it's not that big of a company I am planning on suggesting message journaling as their solution. However it doesn't appear to be clear whether or not journaling captures email sent to external email addresses. From reading other posts in this newsgroup and on the web it sounds like it does, but in "Journaling with Exchange Server 2003" on the Microsoft site, under the header "Where Journaling Does Not Work" it states: "Mail sent to external contacts: Exter...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

Convering over old mail
I am on a network that allows restrictions on how large your inbox can be. How can I map over folders to save email to hard drive? Thanks, Richard ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ gacollege <gacollege.10of24@outlookforum.com> wrote: > I am on a network that allows restrictions on how large your inbox can > be. How can I map over folders to save email to hard drive? Where is your inbox? Is it on an Exchange server, a POP server, or an IM...

Automatic response email on Microsoft exchange 2003
How can I generate an automatic email response from a group of internal users to a group of external users? We have about 500 customers that we want to respond to when they send an email to a group of about 30 inside sales people. Is this possible? If this can not be done then can I send an automatic reply to any external email going to the group of 30 inside sales people? Thank you, Chris either make the external users post to a public folder and set the rule there to reply with a template or create outlook server side rule on one of the sales mambers (create a dummy user and...

No mail up or down
If I hit send and receieve nothing happens. I have used the test function and that works: e-mail goes to my server and back, but my server is loaded with mail that doesn't come down. I have asked 3 questions about Outlook, so now I am not deemed worthy to seek help. I heard the developer of Outlook say he was the most hated person at MS. Add me to the list >-----Original Message----- >If I hit send and receieve nothing happens. I have used >the test function and that works: e-mail goes to my >server and back, but my server is loaded with mail that >doesn't ...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...

setting up outlook #5
When setting up outlook it went right to a screen with username, domain, and password request. I am able to access outlook after I put those in, but I would rather simply log onto the PC and my network(with a domain) and be able to open Outlook without having to enter username, password, and domain name. I already have internet working, drive mapped, user account created and is correct. Hi Bob, do you mean this ? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290684 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Bob Garber&quo...

How to prevent users sending mail on Internet ?
Hello all, Do you know how to prevent certain users (NOT all users) to sending mail on Internet ? I am using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2000 clients Thank you in advance, Denis PS : french translation of this message is also posted on this group you could try permissions on the default server object. Not tried this though. Just had a play with my exchange setup. If your using Connectors, you can set who can access through it. Under delivery restrictions select who can access the net through this connector. Then reject all others. If the address space on this connector is set to * ...

Folders open when receiving mail
I have sub-folders within folders in my email Folders List. If I close all the main folders, and then receive new email; there is a way to have a main folder open up and show it's sub-folders with the sub-folder that contains the new email bolded. My old PC with Outlook 2000 used to do this, my new PC with Outlook 2002 doesn't. Does anyone know how to set this up? Thanks. ...

how to delete spam mails from server
i am using same mail address on both pc,notebook and handheld. in that case, i choose 'do not delete mails from server for 5 days' . but i am in trouble with too many spam mails. i am plannig to use outlooks junk mail and control new mails on every minute. the notebook and handheld checks every 10 mins. but i can not create a rule in outlook for deleting junk mail directly from server. any ideas ? and thank you.. OL has no such ability. If you are saying you have set OL to check every 1 minute on a sys that can cause resource & other probs. A third party tool eg Mailwashe...

Change Header of mail in outlook
Hello, Excuse for my very bad englis. I want to change the header of mail for grouping the mail in my outllook windows Somme mail are "Patric DES_DUB@xxx.com" another mails are "Patric DES DUB@xxx.com", another "DES DUB Patric@xxx.com" or "DES_DUB Patric@xxx.com" but it'a same personne. When Oulook group the mail by the sender, it finds four sender but it's the same. Ths is why, i want make some programm to change in a email objet the sender to have the same. Thank's ...

lost E Mails and addresses
Anybody help My old computer recently literally "blew up", which prompted me to buy a new computer with xp home. I have taken the old hard drive and added it to my new computer for more storage space... it was xp professional by the way. My problem is that all my old E Mails and Addresses were stored on my old drive and I have been trying to retrieve them. Unfortunately I cant access my personal file which was in the Documents and Settings folder. When I try to access it, it says Access denied. I did have a password on it though. I can access my wife's files but these weren&#...

error message: None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient
My Outlook 2003 suddenly is rejecting my outgoing messages when I send them by bouncing them back with the error message: "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient". I've checked the MS Knowledge Base, Google, and this newsgroup, but I've found nothing to help me. Does the problem have something to do with SP2? Is it some new security 'feature'? Can anyone lead me to a solution? Thanks ...

Microsoft CRM cannot go online.
we have been running CRM for over a year and in the last couple of days all outlook clients have lost the ability to go online. Accessing crm through ie is working fine. i have verified the registry under the HKCU\software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient - saw nothing out of the norm. On our network we have recently added ISA 2005 and exchange 2007. I am aware of the exchange router issue with 2007. we recently rolled out the CRM rollup 2 and had no problems after deployment. Has anyone seen this issue before? thank you G This is becuse of conflight with exchange 2007 and you have to repair the...

Password not remembered even though I've followed Microsoft's Registry edit....
Hello I have outlook 2003 and the password is not being remembered when I check email. I have followed Microsoft's instructions to edit the registry and remove the keys from the Protected Storage System provider but this has not helped. I am at a loss as I can't find any other information on this. I would appreciate any help. Thank you Jawaz Same thing happened to me. (XP prof + Outlook 2003). About 3 months ago the MS edit registry worked but the problem has cropped up again within the past 2 weeks. Appeared to coinside with the New Yahoo Mail change. Could it be related ...

Auto forward incoming mails.
Outlook 2003. How to configure such that all incoming mails to exchange will auto forward to my personnal email address? You can create a rule for that; Tools-> Rules and Alerts Note that automatic forwarding is disabled by (secure) default on the Exchange server. To enable see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNQsdGAkEHA....

How do i set default font for all users when sending emails?
Is it possible to set an default font for all my users in my domain. I looked thru GPO for office 2003 and didnt find anything usefull.. I would like to set an default font when people are creating og replying emails. Jeppe Simonsen <jeppe@icebox.dk> wrote: > Is it possible to set an default font for all my users in my domain. I > looked thru GPO for office 2003 and didnt find anything usefull.. > > I would like to set an default font when people are creating og > replying emails. You can't set a default font for replying because Outlook will reply using the ...

I Need a Formula for setting up what to charge for equipment rent.
i need a formula to set hourly charges for renting out construction equipment such as Backhoes, Bulldozers etc. You need to determine what the formula to calculate these charges are, in English, and then maybe we can help with the SS formula. -- HTH RP "chippian" <chippian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85434E7B-D99B-4FCE-9382-DF5FE1DE8EFF@microsoft.com... > i need a formula to set hourly charges for renting out construction equipment > such as Backhoes, Bulldozers etc. =IF(renter="BVL",$2/hr, $1000/hr) with grin best wishes -- Be...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...