Mail Forwarded Unruled - WMail Non Responsive

Windows Mail problem stems from some email error that is sending a email to a
recipient that runs in background without my knowing it is doing that when a
new email arrives in Windows Mail it is automatically forwarded and then a
error is seen by their server and it is marked as SPAM and returned to me in
a two file type attachment with the explaination it is marked as SPAM.

This was happening to every email received my mother, father, and other
emails I have addresses online that work OK with Windows Mail. Right now I
got 86 emails that have been errored and many others that actually went
through to the server without my knowing and I did not know how to stop it
from sending to the recipient. I figured that the recipient address was
coming from somewhere but I had no idea that maybe it was stored in the
registry like you have described and all of the recent emails sent can be
deleted within the particular KEY. So I have decided to delete them after
looking in the Registry and it didn't end the behind the scenes sending of
emails when received to the recipient. If you got another solution please
tell me right now what else I can do which will stop the sending to that
recipient, OK, I will do that as well. The Utility 'WinMailMRU.zip' does the
same thing inside the Registry and there was no other location where the
recipients email address was located as I never added the recipient to send
mail to nor sent mail to him. I was contacted by him after I telephoned him
to update him on our situation and he did respond that this is happening and
that his server is finding lots of SPAM EMAIL from me.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows Mail \ Recently Used
Addresses

All I simply have to do is open Windows Mail and it begins to send and
receive these SPAM identified emails to him which I have received. I
contacted Charter about it and their Mail Server is not affected at the
website so the problem is isolated to only one computer Windows Mail Program
because after opening Windows Mail on another computer the problem did not
occur. I deleted all of the emails I read and all that were identified in the
Sent Folder.

Norton Internet Security is finding this problem, marking the emails but is
not stopping them from being sent by Windows Mail. These are shown in the log
as a error.
This is happening without my consent.
Some are actually making it to the other email server and being returned
while others are failing to send due to a server connection error. I got
eighty now that are errors.
It is not taking place on the webmail server, emails are not showing as
having been sent or returned, just in Windows Mail for that email address.
It is not taking place on my other computer when I run Windows Mail.

On July 31st a Trojan Horse was detected and quarantined by Norton Internet
Security SIX TIMES I might add.
It was located in a JAVA file and deleted. I don't think this is related
since the problem continued after July 31st but this could have began the
problem and if its deleted as stated it cannot re-establish again.

phonebook.class
c:\users\charles\appdata\locallow\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\41\12670d29-3e75b9d9
emailer.class
c:\users\charles\appdata\locallow\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\41\12670d29-3e75b9d9
famile.class
c:\users\charles\appdata\locallow\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\41\12670d29-3e75b9d9
myname.class
c:\users\charles\appdata\locallow\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\52\783349b4-3a6e470b
is.class
c:\users\charles\appdata\locallow\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\52\783349b4-3a6e470b
phone.class
c:\users\charles\appdata\locallow\sun\java\deployment\cache\6.0\52\783349b4-3a6e470b

--
New World - As easy to fix as it would be to start building underwater
cities and interconnecting tunnels.

"Michael @ Hotmail" <MichaelHotmail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:87C39851-B23B-4532-AF63-259BB4E884BD@microsoft.com...
> Windows Mail problem stems from some email error that is sending a email
> to a
> recipient that runs in background without my knowing it is doing that when
> new email arrives in Windows Mail it is automatically forwarded and then a
> error is seen by their server and it is marked as SPAM and returned to me
> in
> a two file type attachment with the explaination it is marked as SPAM.

[snip]
> --
> New World - As easy to fix as it would be to start building underwater
> cities and interconnecting tunnels.
> Michael @ Hotmail

Check the email rules to see if any of them are set up to forward that
email, possibly incorrectly.

If that doesn't help, try to find an anti-spyware program compatible
with your antivirus program.  Some of the older antivirus programs
consider spyware something they shouldn't even try to find; some of
the newer ones include an anti-spyware section instead.

Some of the anti-spyware programs I've used include:

Windows Defender from Microsoft

Malwarebytes' Anti-malware

Spybot Search and Destroy

Having more than one anti-spyware program installed is
not known to cause problems; but having more than one
antivirus program installed often does.

Also, which version of  Norton Internet Security are you using?
I've seen information saying that the 2009 version is the first
version compatible with the email section of Windows Mail,
and information from Norton chat technicians saying that neither
the 2009 version nor the 2010 version have been adequately
tested for compatibility with the newsgroups sections of either
Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail, only with the email
sections.  The 2011 version is still in beta test, with several
problems already reported for the version being tested.

Could you check the date of the last successfully completed
full scan run of Norton Internet Security on your machine?
If it's not AFTER  the trojan horse was detected, you
probably need to manually start a full scan run and wait
for it to finish, since I've already found that it gives you
no warnings if it's been over 3 months since the last
automatically started full scan run finished successfully,
and it's also been over 3 months since you did a manually
started run.  The automatically started full scan runs are
NOT adequate if you have so many files that they will not
finish by the time you resume using the computer the next day,
since your resumed use will halt those runs before they finish,

Robert Miles

0
robertmiles

Can the E-mail Rules recgonize read receipt messages
My employeer requires I have "Request a Read Receipt" on for every e-mail message thet we send. I'm in support and I currently send a couple of hundred messages a day. (There are 34 of us in this gruop and 6 groups in the department.) I would like a way to simply have every one of those returned read receipts go to a read receipt folder so I wouldn't have to look at all of them and I could mark them all as read once a day. I could not see haw to set up a rull that would do this with the rules wizard. Does anybody have a clue how to do this? Can it be done? ...

Can't send e-mail through MSN using Outlook
I think I need a different SMTP. The one I have right now is smtp.e-mail.msn.com. Does anyone know the correct one? Rhonda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I think I need a different SMTP. The one I have right now > is smtp.e-mail.msn.com. Does anyone know the correct one? Ask MSN. -- Brian Tillman ...

Toggle button code to insert user response into template
Hello, I've created a User Form to create content for a letter. This is the first time I've ever used VB - I'm a complete Newbie - and I've had a lot of help using an article I found online. I have included toggle buttons in the form and what I would like them to do is insert text into the letter when they're selected, but if they're not selected, then the space where the bookmark is in the letter remains blank. This is the segment of code that concerned the toggle button and what the bookmark was supposed to fill in with: If togPartAwardsText.Value ...

Receiving Duplicated E-mails
I recently switched computers and also upgraded to Outlook 2002. Unfortunatly my e-mails now seem to remain on the server indefinitly. I've checked my "Tools, Options, E-Mail Accounts, Advanced" settings and "Leave Copy of Message on Server" is NOT checked off. Is there some other place where I have to tell it to "Delete E- mail from Server upon Receipt"??? (This is getting annoying, I'm now receiving 60 e-mails a day, 40 of which are ones I've read before). I have a customer who uses AT&T as one of their providers, and has an e-mail acc...

Endlessly sending mail
Hi! I have outlook 2003 set up to use an exchange server and an SMTP account. I messed up the setup and put a bad address in the SMTP account setup, and the SMTP server is rejecting my message. However, Outlook KEEPS sending the message OVER and OVER. The thing is, the message isn't in the Outbox! I looked for it there, thinking that I could delete it and make Outlook stop attempting to send it. But it's not there. How can I get rid of this message that will never send through the SMTP server? Any help is greatly appreciated! Lerch ...

Migrate Mail messages
Hi at all! I have to export mail messages from Exchange Server 2000 (windows 2000 Server) to Exchange Server 2003 (windows server 2003). I tried to use EXMERGE to export but I have the following error : Store "MSPST MS" was not opened. Could anyone help me ? A. Grasso Is outlook installed on the server? Check out this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;174197&sd=tech "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:eZxN%23RwREHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi at all! > I have to export mail messages from Exchang...

PDF extention lost when mailing quotes
Has anyone experienced that the .pdf is removed from an email attachment when the quote is sent out of CRM (3.0 SBE Dutch Language) to a Netscape email address. Assume this does not happen when sent to a non netscape address? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <kimartin@reesmanley.com> wrote in message news:1141658288.133763.265490@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone experienced that the .pdf is removed from an email > attachment when the quote is sent out of CRM (3.0 SBE Dutch Language) > to a Ne...

Not receiving mail from one person
I can't get mail from one person, and the other person on my wireless network can't get mail from him either. No problem before I went on vacation for two weeks. I can't find any blocks in OE or at the main server (Comcast). Everyone else can get mail from him. His mail is not showing up on the server and there is nothing in spam either. Any ideas? Thanks. If the message is not showing up on Comcast's Webmail site, OE can't get it. Any Delete It From Server rules? That's the only OE option that could do it, but if OE was closed when a messag...

Viewing e-mail from an offsite location
I have two offices. I have Outlook Express e-mail on my computer at location one. When I am at the second location, how do look at my e-mails from the first location? >I have two offices. I have Outlook Express e-mail on my >computer at location one. When I am at the second >location, how do look at my e-mails from the first >location? This newsgroup deals with Outlook, not Outlook Express. Ask your question in the correct newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com ...

automated e-mails
Hi! Is it possible to totally automate an outgoing e-mail with a file attachment through a macro. I have been able to get the e-mail screen in outlook with my file attached. But, I want the macro to be able to completely do an e-mail. That is, type in a pre-determined message and actually send the message with the attachment. What I want Excel to do is similar to what Access can do through a macro. In Access you can have a macro open an object, pick a recipient, attach the object, and actually send the message. Any help would be most appreciated as this is the final piece to a h...

Setting up Windows Mail using my Yahoo ID but receiving error mess
I have tried to set up my email account on Windows Mail but when I tried to send a test email the error below keeps popping up. Could somebody tell me how to fix it? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Hi Mojo ', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thankyou "richnic" <richnic@discussions.m...

Error 0x80042108 retrieving POP3 Mail
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 with all the latest patches from outlook.microsoft.com. I have 2 accounts. The first is to our Exchange server (which works flawlessly) the second is to my personal e-mail account. When I try and retrieve messages, Outlook sends all outbound messages (via SMTP) without a problem, but then cannot received inbound email (via POP3). I get the following message when I try: "Task '<servername> - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to ...

E-mails with PDF attachments will not open
E-mails with PDF attachments larger than 16K will not open. E-mails with small PDFs open ok. E-mails with DOC and JPG attachments work ok. It is the e-mail itself that will not fully open; cannot even get to the PDF attachment. A down arrow appears in the priority column; it seems to be enlessly trying to open as the bytes in the received status windows goes on non-stop. The size of the e-mail and attachment appears in the MSN Mail Inbox. Possibly switching antivirus to Microsoft Internet Essential might coincide with when problem started. Help. ...

Internet Mail Service SMTP Connector HELP
I have two servers in one organization. A 5.5 sp4 and an Exchange 2003 sp1. The 5.5 box is running the IMS service still with address spce of * cost 2. The 2003 box is running the same address space cost 1. Messages submitted via smtp for relay on the 5.5 box disappear??? They are accepted no problem but never delivered.. they are delivered to internet users no problem.. but outside they just disappear... Help... ...

Sending mail out via two routes
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me here... We have an Exchange 5.5 server (Will be upgrading this to 2003 at some point!) Currently, all mail in and out of the company goes via another (In-House) server with GFI Mail Essentials installed. We have two ADSL providers, and a firewall that routes all mail traffic over one provider (It routes everything else over the other provider, unless that line is down, then it routs everything over the working connection) - we would like to configure it so, if this "mail" ADSL line goes down, the other line will then take over sending ...

Inbox (envelope) Icon no longer shows reply or forwarded arrow
The Icon that shows whether a message has been read (envelope open) or not (envelope closed) no longer shows the replied or forwarded notification arrows. How do I get them back?!? ...

Server Mail retention with outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have outlook POP3 setup so as I could keep all my messages on the server and at the same time outlook is smart enough to know which are the new messages to download? sometimes, it downloads all my messages all over again.... Regards, MWGP Certainly you can but it is most likely your AV scanner that is causing = the problem with your multiple downloads of email, not Outlook. Disable = scanning email. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

How do I merge an Excel mailing List with Microsoft Word Document
I have columns or in the old DOS version "fields" where I have placed first name, Last name, street address, City, State and Zip. In addition I have a field for the Salutation which may contain more than one first name, i.e. Mary and Joe. I want to merge these individual rows in excel into a Word document. Kookie For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for c...

WStored e-mails
I am using Windows Mail in Vista Home premium. Can you give me the path to locate my saved e-mail? Thank you very much. Gene L. Tools-> Options-> tab Advanced-> button Maintenance...-> button Storage Folder... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring ...

FYI: Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

Forwarding #7
When I receive an e-mail with Pictures in the body of the message and attempt to 'forward' to another e-mail address...............the recipient only get's red (X's) where the pictures are in my copy. any resolutions out there.????????? thanks jmac It is not indicated what type of software they are using but if it is Outlook then I would check the security settings. On Outlook 2003 it is under Tools - Options - Security - click on the option about downloading pictures. Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Jerry McDonald&qu...

import Windows Mail files to Outlook 2007
I just upgraded from Vista to Win 7, and since Win 7 doesn't support Mail, I need to import my old mail files to Outlook. Sounds simple enough, but I have a couple issues -- I have several user accounts on the computer, and for 2 of the accounts I had Windows Mail configured to point to the same folder locations (under the "Public" folders) so that we could share e-mail. So, the active mail account was not under either of our own user accounts; and we shared access. Now, when I try to import the files into Outlook (and I can't export from Mail, since it...

Where's my mail?
I'm running exchange 2003, I have a user that I moved his PST to the information store. He is NOT using PST or OST every few hours all the mail disappears! I check through system manager & OWA and nothing is there. The contacts,deleted items, and note remain but the inbox is empty. Any ideas? Every few hours? Well, I was going to say Views or Rules, but it sounds as if something is sychronizing or popping that email on a schedule. If you have Deleted Item Retention enabled and have appllied the DumpsterAlwaysOn reg tweak , all those emailsl are probably sitting in the dumpster und...

Mail Merge results not correct
Hello I am using CRM 4.0 with Office 2003 SP3. My problem is that when I do an Advance Find and select Mail Merge into Word most of the Contacts do not make it into the mail merge. My Advance Find results in around 304 records so I am not sure if that is the problem. Is there a hot fix I might be missing? I have tried to repair both CRM and Word and nothing works. -- Thanks We are getting the same problem here. Even with smaller lists (<100), the problem occurs. It seems to randomly filter out records from the list. Same occurs when we try to mail merge to a marketing list. ...

Can't delete e-mail #2
I am desperate -- I have not been able to delete several messages from my inbox. I get the message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, please restart Outlook. I really need to get rid of the old e-mail since the Inbox is filling up like crazy. Please, can anyone help me? It's a shot in the dark but have you tried running ScanPST.exe on your PST file? "Alyssa" <info@advol.com> wrote in message news:06a901c366c0$b558b730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am desperate -- > > I have not been able to delete several message...