mail does not find temporay directory to open attached .xls file

Since few weeks, I cannot open attached .xls file, for the temporary
directory is not found. I bypass it by saving the xls file in a a folder and
then open it from there. It does't work if saved on desktop. All other
attached files, pps or world, are ok

Are all your Windows Updates current?
I seem to recall there was an update for IE8 a couple of months
ago which fixed the failure to open attachments.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"escofie" <escofie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Since few weeks, I cannot open attached .xls file, for the temporary=20
> directory is not found. I bypass it by saving the xls file in a a =
folder and=20
> then open it from there. It does't work if saved on desktop. All other =

> attached files, pps or world, are ok
> --=20

0
Gary

circular files; iterating to a "correct" solution
I am working with a circular file. I have been making changes to the file, and I have noticed at times when i manually calculate that the file iterates to an obviously "incorrect" solution. No amount of changing the max no of iterations or the max change seems to fix the problem. It iterates to the same "incorrect" solution every time. It is like it is stuck in a rut and can't get out. I have also noticed that, if I manually calculate each worksheet separately (that is, hit shift - f9 simulaneously on each worksheet individually, from left to right) all the ...

find action on log file

File size #11

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Attaching Contacts to new email

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

owa cant open ppt attachments

Maximum file sizes