Mail closes randomly

vista 4gb ram Sony vgn z590. randomly mail will close as if hit x. if any
mail being written it is lost but everything else seems ok when I restart
it.  may happen once every few days. tonight ONLY mail running and it
happened. I leave mail open all the time and sometimes come back and it has
closed. I have seen it several times when I am composing a message, and
loose the message. especially if I have the message open for some time
gathering information. (workaround --I now save the message to draft as I
type it to avoid loosing what I have written so far) any ideas on what is
causing this?

0
Harrell

OT Closed NNTP Groups Still Available
The first batch of NNTP groups on msnnews.microsoft.com newsservers were closed last Friday. however, they are still available on other NNTP servers such as news.eternal-september.org. I posted to a half dozen or so just to see if they were still there and indeed they are. This confirms there is indeed life for NNTP after MSFT. -- ______________ BullDawg Associate Expert In God We Trust ______________ ...

Outlook 2003 send/receive box hangs and does not close
I have Outlook 2003, fully patched and updated and I use XP Pro with SP2. Just recently Outlook send/receive dialog box started remaining open even when all tasks were completed with no error. I can shut it manually but if I don't do that, the box remains open. How do I fix this problem? Its not doing it on other computers in my network using the same software and all are synced using Exchange Server. This hang up only happens on the one machine. Nothing has been changed on the laptop that I am aware of to cause the problem. I hope someone can tell me how to solve the problem and get t...

Random DSUM table values
In some instances when I recalc DSUM tables in very large spreadsheets, the DSUM table will insert a random number (often a value of "10") into a cell of the DSUM table, rather than the data it is supposed to be referencing. When I clear the range and rebuild it, it pulls the data correctly into the table. There is no rhyme or reason to this occurring. There is no corruption that I can detect. Any ideas as to what might be causing this, or what I can do to prevent it? Is this a known bug? ...

can I still save my mail?
My computer crashed during a power outage (surge suppressor didn't work). Win2K installation won't recover. I run MS Outlook 2000. I didn't have .pst files made. Is there any way to recover mail/contacts from my profile? (I hooked the hard drive up to an XP machine, so I can get to the files). Does anyone know where Outlook 2K stores the mail on a pop3 client? Can the file be used with a new installation to recover the information? Thanks, Tracy >My computer crashed during a power outage (surge >suppressor didn't work). Win2K installation won't >r...

How to reply a mail sent to the group with the group mailbox addre
How to reply a mail sent to the group with the group mailbox address? for example, there is a info@example.com and there are two users are members of this mail group, say user1@example.com and user2@example.com. and each user is a active directory user. they will receive mails which are sent to the group mailbox:info@example.com, when they reply, the recipient should see this mail is replied from the info@exapmle.com not the user1@example.com or others. how should i achieve this in exchange server? Allow those recipients Send As permission on the group and make sure they insert the gro...

configuring 2007 office for older Outlook slows mail download
Dear Someone, I recently purchased and loaded Student Office 2007. Now when I download email (outlook was not in the suite) using my 2003 outlook, it reconfigures 2007 every mail entry. It is maddening! What can I do? Patrick try detect and repair in outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Outlook 2002
I am sending a weekly HTML newsletter to approximately 57 people. Sometimes, Outlook appears to hang in the SEND process. It eventually ends but sometimes the recipients receive multiple copies of the message (sometimes 2 to 5 copies). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot or prevent the problem? ...

Mail with special sending Date
Is it possible to send a mail automatically even though one is not fisically there, when a predetermined date has been reached? For example for birthdays or other information that is already available but should not reach the other one before a certain date.... Thank you so very much JFL <Jan-Frederik_Lange@gmx.de> wrote: > Is it possible to send a mail automatically even though one is not > fisically there, when a predetermined date has been reached? For > example for birthdays or other information that is already available > but should not reach the other one before a ce...

Attach Exceldocument in windows live mail
Hi I have windows 7 I have problems attaching excel 2007 documents with windows live mail. It works with word but not with excel. Anyone have some suggestions how to solve this? Thanks Joe ...

Sending to Mail
When in Wordperfect 10, I try sending to mail. It should sends the document as an attachment. But when I do it now it generates an error saying the Mail System is not Available. I'm running Windows 2000 sp4, Outlook 2000 SP3. Any ideas anyone? Nick Open Internet Explorer. Choose Tools--Internet Options; then click the Programs tab and verify that the E-mail field is set to Microsoft Outlook. >-----Original Message----- >When in Wordperfect 10, I try sending to mail. It should >sends the document as an attachment. But when I do it now >it generates an error sayi...

Exporting mail
When I try to export mail folders for either backing up or transfering. The message "Export could not be performed An error occured while initialising MAP1" Can anyone please make any suggestions "derek" <pressgen.co@btconnect.com> wrote in message news:019a01c3db89$54fd1320$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to export mail folders for either backing up or > transfering. The message "Export could not be performed > An error occured while initialising MAP1" > > Can anyone please make any suggestions Why not just COPY the pst file? It's as...

Microsoft closing their newsgroups??
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx Anyone know if it's *all* the microsoft groups. Be a great shame if they do. mick "mick" <coughcough@privacy.com> wrote in message news:OdT4BEK7KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx > > Anyone know if it's *all* the microsoft groups. Be a great shame > if they do. Eventually all, yes. I was going to create a thread asking the regulars here where they intended to go. I'll guess I'll hijack yours to do so.... I ...

"Subject Line". How can I make the e-mail Subject Line 'uneditabl
Subject Line. How can I make the Subject Line 'uneditable' after the email is sent? In other words, I don't want the recipient to be able to alter/change the Subject Line when replying to the email. I have MS Office Outlook 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3. Same answer as you got in the Answers newsgroup; You cannot control this. The recipient is free to address the message as he/she pleases. You can of course politely ask the recipient not to change the subject upon reply. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-...

Inbox mail Vanishes after being read
Recently I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003 EVeryone has Office 2003 except for 2 users Now the 2 users who havent got it , they read thier email in the INBOX but then it vanishes ...... any advice would be welcome Thanks Sergio Maybe some filters are applied in Outlook\View\Current View\Customize current view\Filters? Try using Advanced Find to search for those messages. Sergio wrote: > Recently I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003 > EVeryone has Office 2003 except for 2 users > > Now the 2 users who havent got it , they read thier email > in the INBOX but then it...

E-mails in my Outgoing Queue with sender <>
I am running Nt4 Sp 6a with Exchange 5.5. My server is secure against relay, only users who authenticate can send mail. I have also done the registry hack telling the Exchange server to suppress sending delivery reports. however whn I go into my Exchange Admin and look at the outgoing Queue I am seeing alot of message awaiting delivery (usually because the mail boxes are reporting full at the receivers end) but most of the mail that is there have no senders attached. Under Originator it just says <>. Is there some way I can go look at the piece of mail that is awaiting delivery? And is...

E-mailing an Excel chart from Access
Can anybody please help? I am currently working on an Access database. One of the functions is an automated monthly event, which collates data and then put this data into an Excel chart, no problem there. My problem is, I require the program to send this chart completely automated via e-mail to another department; can this be done from Access? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you Ken, ...

Are random signatures possible in Windows Live Mail?
Is it possible to have a list of quotes or other phrases which will be inserted at random when one's signature is generated on an outgoing email? Thanks in advance. No. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "BfloDoc" <BfloDoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:11F13AB0-27C9-4300-B25B-10088D2C8B56@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have a list of quotes or other phrases which will be = > inserted at random when one's signature is generated on an outgoing = email?...

Help please with junk e-mails
I have set up outlook 2000 to send unwanted mails to a folder names Junk e mails, I have copied below part of the outlook 2000 help file, can anyone tell me exactly where I can find add in filters as I cannot find them anywhere. You can also filter messages based on a list of e-mail addresses of junk and adult content senders. There are third party filters, which are regularly updated, that you can add to Outlook. These filters have the latest lists of commercial and adult content senders. For more information, see the Outlook Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/outlook. Thanks in advan...

Double or more recieve mail problem.
hi i have a problem outlook 2003, Office xp Althought people send one mail , outlook recieve double or more mail .(when i enter the webmail i can see only one mail) how can i solve it. Thanks Do you have email antivirus integration enabled? If so then disable it. Download all the messages on your server (I'm assuming this is POP3) with another email client or a new Outlook profile and see if Outlook behaves itself afterwards. -- Bill R "gmk" <gmk@eman.com.tr> wrote in message news:%23hf%23ciMBIHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hi > i have a problem outlook...

Disappearing e-mails
Recently, when I would reply or forward an incoming message, it will remove it from my Inbox. I could still retrieve it from my Sent messages. Nowwww, it is not saving my Sent messages either. I have messed with filters, used help which tells me to do something in View which my version 2000 doesn't have. Anybody got any ideas? On 10/22/2003 7:15 PM, Kristin wrote: > Recently, when I would reply or forward an incoming > message, it will remove it from my Inbox. I could still > retrieve it from my Sent messages. Have you installed the latest version of Outlook? Do you ...

Sync Desktop and Online mail
Is there a way to run either Windows Live Mail or Outlook (any version) on my desktop and have this sync with HotMail so that I can deal with email on a laptop while I'm away but have any changes reflected on my desktop when I get home ? Windows Live mail currently collects email from several different email addresses for me, but I'm struggling to find an answer online as to whether or not there's a combination of software that will achieve what I want. I know I can set up HotMail to collect from these same email addresses but it's the Sync part that I cant get right....

Wildcard Aliases for SMTP E-mail addresses.
Does anyone know of a product, setting or configuration that will allow me to setup wildcard aliases (partial catch-alls)? For example I want to be able to fill in some form and say that my e-mail address is user+sometext@company.com or sometext+user@company.com and have it go to user@company.com. Thanks. Why not just create new SMTP addresses for whatever alias you want for whatever user you need it to go to? If you go to the users properties from AD and go to the Email Address's tab you can create them there. "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[nospam]@[nospam]controlproducts...

Junk E-Mail Folder Function?
Does my Junk E-mail appear with all my other Inbox messages and do I then have to identify them and manually transfer them to my Junk E-mail folder? The reason I ask in that when I open my Junk E-mail folder it's empty? Or, is there some type of time limit, that I'm unaware of, that automatically clears my Junk E-mail folder? If so, I am unable to find such a setting? As you can see, I'm just trying to find a way to minimize my need to deal with junk mail. I wouldn't mind reviewing it periodically in my Junk E-mail folder. I just don't want to deal with it in my I...

mail merge
In using mail merge in Outlook with a Word merge document, the columns and graphics don't show up in the final mail- merged email. The Word merge document is a letter on letterhead. The letterhead consists of a column with the name of the organization, etc, along with a logo. I'd like to use that document to mail merge thru Outlook to create a mass emailing. Unfortunately, after the merge, the resulting email has lost its formatting: the columnation is gone, as is the logo graphic. What can be done to create this mailing and preserve the format of the original Word documen...

Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy #2
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hello CJ Using ldifde and the following article should work just fine ;-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318072 Greetz "CJ" wrote: > Hello, > Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically > update e-mail ...