Live Mail 05-05-10

I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it deletes
some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my sister
with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then disappeared.
Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have set up
the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As I do
not know how to setup live mail forum, I am posting here.
I am confident that there will be help available here.

--
Best Regards
Noor Motani

0
Noor

I see that you were able to post to the Windows Mail newsgroup=20
using the current version of Windows Live Mail.
To get help with  Windows Live Mail problems, just click on
this link:

I am cross-posting this message there.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Noor Motani" <n.motani@shaw.ca> wrote in message =
>I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it =
deletes=20
> some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my =
sister=20
> with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then =
disappeared.=20
> Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have =
set up=20
> the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As =
I do=20
> not know how to setup live mail forum, I am posting here.
> I am confident that there will be help available here.
>=20
> --=20
> Best Regards
> Noor Motani=20

0
Gary
5/6/2010 1:03:20 AM
If viewing in Quick Views 'Unread Mail' once a message is read, it is no longer 'unread'. Look for it in the all Mail folder.

With respect to the email from the bank...more info...in the mean time ensure WLM is configured to allow attachments to be
saved/opened. (Tools/SafetyOptions/Security). On that same setup option....If the email also contains an image ensure WLM is
configured to not block images.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
> "Noor Motani" <n.motani@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:OunrLAK7KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it deletes
>> some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my sister
>> with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then disappeared.
>> Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have set up
>> the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As I do
>> not know how to setup live mail forum, I am posting here.
>> I am confident that there will be help available here.
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards
>> Noor Motani

0
winston

email 04-08-10
I keep getting a pop-up when I try to open Microsoft mail. What is causing this....sometimes I have mail and other times I don;t but I always get the pop-up that says I have an error. Define: Microsoft Mail. It has been out of production for about 15 years. Windows Mail perhaps? Is this pop-up an error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Duane" <Duane@discussio...

Stuff your mail box full of money!!! (Really!!!)
$$$$$ NEED MONEY RIGHT NOW? $$$$$ GUARANTEED-you WILL have $7,000+++ IN TWO WEEKS. ONLY WITH A $5 INVESTMENT, 1 HOUR OF WORK and NO MAILING LISTS "GIFTING CLUB" PLEASE READ TO FIND OUT HOW! If you want to make a few thousand dollars really quickly, then please take a moment to read and understand the MLM program I am sharing with you. NO, it is Not what you think! YOU DO NOT have to spend $5 to five people to buy a report, get on their mailing list, OR buy a recipe or any other product. NOR will you need to invest more money later to get things going. This is the fastest, e...

verify contact mailing address
Hello, Until recently whenever I eneter a mailing address in a contact outlook 2007 would throw up a small dialog asking me to verify the structure of the address. This was very usefull as we often do searches by post (zip) code or county (state) etc. This seems to have stopped! Is there any way I can turn it back on? Did that make sense? Stuart 1. Open any new or existing contact. 2. Click the button for the Home, Business or Other address. 3. Check the box for "Show this again when address is incomplete or unclear." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...

Quick Campaign Mail Merge cutting off address information
I am having an issue when creating a quick campaign and using the mail merge option. When the letters are printed long city names are being truncated and I can not find any info on what would cause this. It is causing mail to be sent back. Any help would be great. Thanks Ken ...

Mail Merge Error #3
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS ...

Still here? 06-02-10
Well, June 1 has come and (mostly) gone, and we seem to be still here. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org Is it too much to ask that Microsoft has reconsidered its corporate vandalism? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>><...

Charts #10
Do you know any links that have sample charts you can download, I needed a nice looking chart. Thanks Jon Peltier has charting information and examples: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html Or, you can post a question in the Excel charting newsgroup, with more detail about the kind of chart you need. Jeff wrote: > Do you know any links that have sample charts you can download, I needed a > nice looking chart. > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Can I print mailing labels for my outlook contact list?
I need to send a letter to 2 of my categories of outlook contacts. How do I do this? And thanks, I'm new to outlook, so any help is appreciated "lucky" <lucky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87EC38B9-82C7-48D9-9725-A68843C24EAF@microsoft.com... >I need to send a letter to 2 of my categories of outlook contacts. How do I > do this? And thanks, I'm new to outlook, so any help is appreciated Highlight the two categories, do Tools-Mail Merge. Click in the radio button "Only Selected Contacts" under Contacts, and under Document Type (at...

Postponing a macro for 10 minutes
Hello, I have this setup: When a certain cell changes value folllowing a calculation an automatic email is sent. This uses Worksheet_calculation in which i call a sendmail macro. This works fine. However sometimes the cell value changes too much and too many emails are being send. Therefore i would like to make sure that when a macro event has been triggered, it will not send another email in for example 10 minutes.. Anyone? Thanks in advance. Ivo ps. I already tried application.wait. however in this case the macro continues to run and excel will sort of freeze for those 10 minutes, whic...

Contacts from Yahoo! mail to Outlooc?
How do I import my contacts from Yahoo! mail to Outlooc? ...

Exmerge issue
Hello, I'm attempting to migrate a group of mailboxes into exchange 2003 using ExMerge. All of the mailboxes exported successfully from the old server into PST files, However when I go to import them, I get error messages for only a handfull of around 50 mailboxes. All of the mailboxes having problems report the following in ExMerge Logs: Failed to find the junk mail folder entry ID. The 0x36D8 attribute on the root folder is not properly set. 0x8004010f (RULE_ERROR_GET_PROP, rules.cpp, Line 629) After that message appears in the log, I get: Error copying messages from folder &#...

OWA Mail Notification
Hello, I am looking for a way to control the notification that takes place for OWA and new mail items. Right now OWA polls the server by default every 2 minutes. And then some time usually another minute of two goes by and a small popup shows next to the clock. What I am interested in doing is controlling this message. For example can I do any of the following: 1) Make the message stay up longer - or up all the time 2) Have the OWA Web page Refresh more often, so that the task highlights shoing that there was a change, as other applicaitons do (notificiation). 3) Play a sound when...

printing charts in a mail merge document.
I have a spreadsheet with about 300 rows contining data on students. I can mail merge this to print out reports but would like to make the recorded progress more visual. I have found out from this site how to use a control box to automatically select a chart working within the spreadsheet but is there any way that this can be extrended to the mail merge document so that on each page that is printed the appropriate chart for that student will be shown. If you feel that what I am asking is impossible is there any other approach I could take. Thanks for reading this. ...

WIndows Live mail not working.
I use a Windows 7 Home Premium and recently installed Windows Live Mail but it doesnt seem to work. When i click on Windows Live Mail shortcut, a small windows appears which says "Please wait while Windows configures Windows Live Mail", and disappears after a few seconds.I even tried reinstalling a few times but no use. Please assist. Do any of these solutions apply ? http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?categoryid=dfe947fe-a27f-4cdf-9fd9-b18c7d272701 If not..go to Windows Live Mail Forums http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=15 Sign on with...

cant send mail pls help
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: ', Account: 'mail.bigpond.com.au', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E You might take a look at this... http://bigpond.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigpond.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12611 -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "shaun" <shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43D7D537-290B-46ED-A280-96EE2B8F3D7F@microsoft.com... > Th...

Send mail automatically
Hello there, Is there a way to setup Outllok to send a same email once a week or once a month automatically? Please help. Thnaks. ...

Outlook Add in toolbar doesnt appear when i open the mail message
Hi all... I have installed Outlook Add in on Office 2003 on a few computers. It works on all of them but there is one comuter which the installation works well and the Outlook Add in isntalls fine. However, when i try to open a message so i can assign it to a CASE, then i cannot see the "Track in CRM" and the "Regarding" button and there is no way to add the toolbar of the Microsoft CRM. Did anyone experiance this and knows how to solve it? Thanks a lot.....:-) At several customers I've seen the problem where the CRM Toolbar disappears or gets 'greyed out' ...

Outlook deleting mail when you close it
If i select a mail in my in box and then select another one, the mail I had selected disapears. I have ran all Services patchs and reinstalled outlook and ofice. anyone have a answer? Under 'View|Current View', make sure "Unread Messages" is NOT checked. If it is, as soon as a message is marked "Read", it will disappear from view. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC NBC-IN Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com...

Mail Days late.
WinXP SP2 Outlook 2003 I am aware that at least one person received my e-mail I sent takes one to three days late. I have confirmed it checking the headers of the message. My mail reaches my ISP within a minute. But it takes days to arrive at receiver's ISP. This person has a Yahoo address, but it may be happening at other addresses as well. How can I identify the "guilty" party or find a fix. ...

How do I merge two mailing lists together?
I have two mailing lists inwhich all of the categories are the same. I need to merge these together to make one. Hi you may provide some more details about the exact structure of both lists and the desired result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "imageplanner" <imageplanner@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B0A5B5B3-6E22-4215-BBDA-320440C184FE@microsoft.com... > I have two mailing lists inwhich all of the categories are the same. I need > to merge these together to make one. ...

Extract Data from table for Mailing Lables
I have a database that I import into Access XP, it is a tab delimited file that is imported into an access table, let's call it DATA_TABLE. It is in the format: Name HairColor EyeColor ShoeSize ShirtSize Bill Brown Brown 9.5 M Tom Brown Blue 10.5 XL Jack Black Brown 8.0 M Ed Blonde Blue 11.0 XXL . . . What I need to do is extract certain elements from the table in order to make mailing labels. For example, I want to make mailing lables to only those that have an ...

Outlook mail always shows as unread on startup.
I have outlook 2000, when I open outlook all my emails show as unread even if I know I have read them, if I scroll down the email list and backup the screen refreshes and they all turn to read even the email I know I have not read!? I have read a couple of knowledge base articles, they suggested that I could have a problem with a profile or two conflicting settings such as having an exchange mail profile and a pop3 or IMAP, even though the latter was definitely not the case I have deleted the pofile and started from new, this did not solve the problem. I then uninstalled office an...

Title Case--No mail merge
Is there a way, without copying and pasting my data to word and then formatting it in title case, to get my data to stay in excel but in title case? Thanks, Derek (reason i dont want to copy and paste is becuase i have two sheets each that are 13 columns wide and 60,000 rows) -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 In Excel there are the UPPER, lower and Proper functions which allow you to change cases. If I understand you correctly you would be looking to use the Proper function. You can view video clips on using these functions o...

CRM Live! sending email from browser using Windows Live account
How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live! Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with CRM Live? We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live. Any comments, ideas? Thanks. Don Email sent from the CRM server is sent via the email that is configured in the System User profile record in CRM. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Don-B" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Sends but wont receive mail after Norton Firewall removal
Some time ago I posted a nasty problem, I had many helpfull people try to assist all to no avail. I have now resolved the problem and am posting the solution in the hopes others will be helped. Situation: After installing Norton Firewall and having random emails disapear I uninstalled the firewall (no change) then Symantecs Norton Sytem Works 2003. Outbound mail became reliable but inbound mail became non existant and I moved to Outlook express where it all worked fine first time. Inbound mail had no errors, but seemed to try to "Get" the mail in a fraction of a second, way...