Import or View Windows Mail from another drive

Changed out hard drives.  Reinstalled an image of the old hard to new
hard drive.  The image was about a month old.

1) I need to import Jan 2010 emails from the old hard drive into the
new drive.
and
2) I would like to be able to look at the old email messages on the old
hard drive. (I made this an ext drive)

I have spent hours but can not figure out how to do either.

Thanks for the help

--
build11

build11

See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and the section on WinMail.  Then do a search
on the old drive for *.eml.  That will tell you where the old message store
is.  Then choose File | Import | Messages and point to the message store
directory (it will be the topmost one where the WindowsMail.MSMessageStore
is located.  That should then let you import them all at once.

steve

"build11" <build11.45ix0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Changed out hard drives.  Reinstalled an image of the old hard to new
> hard drive.  The image was about a month old.
>
> 1) I need to import Jan 2010 emails from the old hard drive into the
> new drive.
> and
> 2) I would like to be able to look at the old email messages on the old
> hard drive. (I made this an ext drive)
>
> I have spent hours but can not figure out how to do either.
>
> Thanks for the help
>

> --
> build11

Steve
1/29/2010 1:21:51 PM
"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and the section on WinMail.  Then do a
> search on the old drive for *.eml.  That will tell you where the old
> message store is.  Then choose File | Import | Messages and point to the
> message store directory (it will be the topmost one where the
> WindowsMail.MSMessageStore is located.  That should then let you import
> them all at once.
>
> steve
>
> "build11" <build11.45ix0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Changed out hard drives.  Reinstalled an image of the old hard to new
>> hard drive.  The image was about a month old.
>>
>> 1) I need to import Jan 2010 emails from the old hard drive into the
>> new drive.
>> and
>> 2) I would like to be able to look at the old email messages on the old
>> hard drive. (I made this an ext drive)
>>
>> I have spent hours but can not figure out how to do either.
>>
>> Thanks for the help
>>

>> --
>> build11

pippy

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

Window Redirection?

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

import a 123 file

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

printing imported gif files in Excel

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...

attaching child ClistCtrl window to resizable parent Dialog
I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable]. I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog. I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost ctrl to the parent dialog so that when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands. Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind the scene. I only send an initial message to each: m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES ); Thanks, Ihor VC++ doesn't not...