I can't set up my account on Windows Mail

Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail
accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but
nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all. What
else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the
actual desktop? Please help me?

asiankelsey;1224241 Wrote:
> Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using,
> gmail
> accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days
> but
> nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all.
> What
> else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on
> the
> actual desktop? Please help me?

See if this thread helps,

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-mail/98127-cannot-setup-gmail-work-windows-mail.html

--
derekimo

0
derekimo
2/3/2010 6:48:14 PM
"asiankelsey" <asiankelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail
> accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but
> nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all. What
> else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the
> actual desktop? Please help me?

Please follow all the step by step instructions here:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
2/3/2010 7:54:52 PM
"asiankelsey" <asiankelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail
> accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but
> nothing ever worked.

Then you've set it up incorrectly.   gmail works well with Windows mail.

> I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all.

You also need the correct port numbers and security setttings, plus user IDs
and passwords, etc.

> What
> else can I do?

Carefully following all of the directions is probably the best thing to do.
Google has clear directions, for example here:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77696

> Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the
> actual desktop? Please help me?

I don't think that you have a mail server on your desktop.   Windows Mail is
an email client, not a server.

After following the directions carefully, posting details of problems would
probably be helpful.

HTH
-pk

0
Patrick
2/3/2010 10:00:15 PM
What doesn't work - send - receive - both?  Please test, and copy and paste
the error message(s) for further, specific assistance with your setup.

"asiankelsey" <asiankelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail
> accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but
> nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all. What
> else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the
> actual desktop? Please help me?

0
slk759

no new E-mails in Outlook Express inbox
As of today no E-mails were received. Buckeye checked their system and it is was ok they suggested I contact Dell. My Dell computor is new and I have been in the process of transferring data from my Macintosh to Dell via E-mail. Is this helpful in solving the receiving of E-Mails? Virginia I also cannot locate my address book nor my entered E-Mail adresses??? In news:5D56DA8C-799A-46D2-8DDF-7D4A350640B9@microsoft.com, outlook new users <outlook new users@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > As of today no E-mails were received. Buckeye checked their system > and it is w...

On-line services set up failed with "new & improved" Money update
Money 2005 Premium: with the mid-August unannounced update by Microsoft, I lost my ability to go on-line. I reviewed the instructions inside Money and tried to re-set the on-line service but I'm now in a loop that doesn't seem to have any way to back out of it or to move forward successfully. Instead of disabling the account first, which is listed in the long, weary icon version of the update instructions, I went to set up online services and now have the message "complete setup for online services" which apparently will not work because I consistently get a message ...

Page set up #2
I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options. Anyone know where I can find it? Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do. Alan Badgery wrote: > I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper > options. Anyone know where I can find it? I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book between and home and work, w...

Mail deleting from virtual inbox
When I open windows mail it automatically downloads and it deletes it from my virtual yahoo inbox, is there a way i can get it to stop deleting it or being able to place those messages back in my inbox to retrieve anywhere? also, it doesnt allow me to send messages so i cant foward them to myself! Thanks, i appreciate ur help! Erika Hey Erika. I was having similar problem a while back. I remember in my webmail (optus) there was an option at the bottom of the list of emails (delete after download). I had to untick this box. You may have something similar, maybe in tools?? Just be aw...

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Override font setting
Hi, Can I override font setting when read a received email automatically? Because some font style very hard to read when received and I have to change font style one by one (sometimes cannot change) Thanks! William ...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

Switching between multiple open windows
I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open windows on my desktop. It was an option to choose between hovering over a window or clicking on it. Thinking that only having to hover over a window to switch to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as it just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me. Now I would like to change back to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or find where the option is located. Any help will be appreciated. -- rushl On 2/03/10, rushl posted: > I ran across an opti...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

Move / Migrate Mail
I currently have my Exchange server hosted off site. I am looking to move this in house, of course I don't own the hardware the server is currently on. So I will be building a new server. The current server (hosted) is in its own domain - I did not make this but I have to support it-, I have duplicate accounts for email, plus some only email accounts. I am looking for suggestions to accomplish this task. My idea was to add all the user accounts that are currently 'email only' to my domain so all my accounts match.... Make my Exchange server and mailboxes. Then should I u...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

Unable to open the outlook window.
I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes automatically. I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system administrator if this problem persist." I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help? Did you create a profile with settings (email account, POP3 and SMPT server names, etc.) for Outlook to use? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Ti...

Dynamics CRM windows blocked by a pop-up blocker
Need some help resolving an issue. This morning opening records through Outlook CRM stopped working. When clicking on the item in Outlook, the following message would appear after a short delay: "A Microsoft Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, and may have been blocked by a pop-up blocker. Please add this Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to the list of the sites your pop-up blocker allows to open new windows:our server name" The following items have been done in an effort to resolve the problem: 1. Disabled IE pop-up blocker and checked computer for any other pop- up blockers...

Windows Media Player no picture 08-03-10
Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007. ...

Windows XP Shared PC
We are using Outlook 2000. The PC, which already had Microsoft Office 2000 loaded on it, was upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I then created Windows XP logons for all four people that will be sharing this PC. When I did, the Outlook shortcut automatically ended up on the desktop of each person when they individually logged in. When I clicked the shortcut the first time I went in to each person's desktop, I setup the mail account for JUST THAT PERSON. And when I go back and log into each person's desktop it still shows ONLY THEIR ACCOUNT. However, whatever mail they receive ALS...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Windows Installer Configuration EVERY TIME!!!
Ok, so I am sure this sounds pretty familiar. Every time I open an office application, or an office document, I get a pop up of the windows installer and it starts running some mystery configuration process. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I have tried repairing the registry permissions. I have ripped all office traces out by force and done a clean install. I have rebuilt the registry, modified it, added some conditional entries, but to no avail. I have done it in the user account, and the built in administrator account. I have done both custom and full installs. ...

Microsoft publisher, how do I set it to show multiple pages?
I'm trying to show more than one page in a single viewing pane. As in for the use of a banner. You'd think that'd be a simple and accesable function. I don't see it anywhere... Print preview has this function. Not sure if this is what you are asking... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "BrickShort" <BrickShort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42E0DAE-9DB6-4587-A157-3C2F5225FA02@microsoft.com... > I'...

Macro for Internet Order Window
I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Internet order" button (because I am going to make a custom button for it). However, I cannot record the macro because as soon as I hit CTRL-SHIFT-F10, the order popup window pops up and I cannot end the macro by doing SHIFT-F3. If I close the window, then hit SHIFT-F3 to end the macro, the macro just opens and then closes the internet order window. Is there another way to do it? Thanks, mickie No ideas? No one has done this? Mickie wrote: > I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Int...