I can't find my hidden emails

How do I retrieve my hidden email folder. I have windows mail using vista
version.

To see your storage location,
Open Windows Mail,
go to Tools - Options -  Advanced - Maintenance - Store Folder

It's normally C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail

\Appdata is normally hidden

Email messages are stored as individual .eml files.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Hatsoff" <Hatsoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I retrieve my hidden email folder. I have windows mail using vista
> version.

0
Dave
1/31/2010 10:11:44 PM
For what purpose? Your question is not clear, so if you can explain why you
need to do that, then it might help someone to help you.

"Hatsoff" <Hatsoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I retrieve my hidden email folder. I have windows mail using vista
> version.

0
Sam
2/1/2010 12:30:08 AM
To display hidden folders, go to Start - Control Panel - Folder Options -
View tab - select "Hidden files and folders - Show hidden files, folders, or
drives".

"Hatsoff" <Hatsoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I retrieve my hidden email folder. I have windows mail using vista
> version.

0
slk759

Outlook deletes my ISP emails
I use MS Outlook to receive emails from ISP of SBC-Yahoo. Each time I got connected to the SBC account, I could receive my email from SBC account, but all the source emails in the SBC account were deleted automatically by the MS-Outlook.I could receive the mails but can not send the email through MS-Outlook. I have no problem in using the Outlook Express but the MS- Outlook. Please help! Thank you very much. Mai ...

Calculation time
I have a large file, approx 10MB, in excel 2003. Most of the data relates to calculations for around 5,000 records, and the workbook takes too long to recalculate. All the vlookup's have been replaced with Index / Match, but it's still slow, and I have a number of macros that rely upon it recalculating. Based on a post here, I went to this site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730921.aspx and ran the timer macros to try and isolate the problem. The FullCalcTimer takes around 19 secs The ReCalcTimer takes 0.00013 secs, and The SheetTimer takes no more than 0.01...

new email not displayed after running scanpst
I am running Outlook 2003 and this morning I got an error that there were file errors in my Inbox and to run scanpst.exe. I ran the scanpst.exe and fixed the file. When prompted if I wanted to backup the old file I chose yes named the file OutlookRepair.bak. Now when I download my email the mail is taken off my email server and the mail is not being displayed in Outlook. I have checked my Data Files location and it is still showing the same location as before the error. I tried importing this file and got a message that the file i was trying to import was the same as the destinatio...

setting up email in Outlook2003
I'm having a problem setting up an email account in this new Outlook 2003. My POP3 is correct, my SMTP is correct. Everything appears to be fine until I send a test message. I keep getting the following: (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' I set up everything in Eudora and it works fine, but I don't like Eudora! What am I doing wrong? Dave Try creating a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->Add. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to ...

How to use Find (Ctrl-F) to find non-alpha
Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? tx ;-) Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) works ok for me. What are you having trouble with? On 10/22/2010 16:31, Heather Mills wrote: > Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? > > tx ;-) -- Dave Peterson On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:54:28 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@XSPAMverizon.net> wrote: >Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) >works ok for me. > >What are you having trouble with? > >...

Some emails bounce back
Hello, I have a client running exchange 2000 and 99.9% of all email is sent without issue. We have a email addresses that seem bounce back with the following error. The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again. <server.domain.local #5.1.8 smtp;550 5.1.8 <user@externalnamespace.net> Invalid local address> Anyone have any ideas? I know that reverse DNS is set up correctly and it's strange that this doesn't happen except when...

Advanced find, and the grouping and ungrouping of clauses
One of my users has come with this replicable issue: 1. Put in a number of line items in the Advanced Find, select the rows, and click "Group OR" 2. Run it - - it works fine. 3. Go back, ungroup the selection. 4. Add another line item, select rows, and click on the "Group OR" What happens: 1. The "OR" clause doesn't appear 2. The first line item in the Advanced Find disappears 3. There is a message of "Error on page" If you attempt to click "Group OR" again, the NEXT line item in the Advanced Find disappears. Has anyone else experience...

Advanced Find Question 11-13-07
Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Query / Window? I would like to remove them as possible entities to "search" against. Thanks in advance, Hi, That is not possible. I assume if some user dont have read rights on some entity then it will not appear in Advance Find. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant My Email :: imumar at gmail dot com My Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Que...

Email Router Crashing
Hello, I am having an issue with email router. When the service is started, it is then stopped immediately with the error message: The CRM Email Router on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work etc etc In the event viewer we get the following error Message: #16192 - The E-mail Router service could not run the service main background thread. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will now shut down. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The E-mail router service cannot access system state file Microsoft.Crm.Tools.E...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

How do I find root mean square of a periodic data in Excel

How to reorder email accounts in Mail view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? Hi, sorry, you can't change that. The accounts are ordered alphabetically, with the default account on top. On 22/02/10 18:51, spamtarget@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that > email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? -- Mi...

want to find duplicate Phone numbers when typed in excel 2003
I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Let's assume this is your data: A1: 12345 A2: 54321 A3: 12345 Which cell(s) should be highlighted? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "trvlpal" <trvlpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C707764-79F0-4ECB-BF57-661289BB59D6@microsoft.com... >I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it > indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Using column "A", place this formula in "conditional formatt...

Can't Delet Email Message
I have an email in my Outlook 2002 inbox (a forwarded task) that I cannot delete. When I try to delete it I get an error message saying "Outlook cannot do that action on this type of attachment." I experienced a similar problem in Outlook Express when my inbox was corrupted and fixed that problem by deleting my inbox. But when I try to do something similar in Outlook 2002 I just get an error message that says the .pst file is in use. Any suggestions? Try closing Outlook, moving the .pst to another location and then import everything back in filtering out the bad message if ...

Email attached to wrong account
If I've make a mistake and selected the wrong account/contact/etc when tracking an email how do I correct the error? Thanks, Jim ...

Printing multiple emails in outlook 2002
Just wondering if it is possible to select multiple emails in outlook and have them print on the same page. Thx Figured it out. Select multiple emails, go to file>print and make sure "Start each email on a new page" is deselected. >-----Original Message----- >Just wondering if it is possible to select multiple emails >in outlook and have them print on the same page. > >Thx >. > ...

Trying to make Outlook my default email program
I am Trying to make Outlook my default email program (Earthlink 5.0 was coming up) but when I click on an email link (mailto:whoever@whatever) a error message comes up saying that my "default email program is not installed properly". I have opened control panel and re-set web settings. I have made sure Outlook is set as default under tools- configure-use other mail client, in my browser and it still doesnt work. When I click on an email link Outlook opens up but the error message still says "default email program is not installed properly". any help would be greatly...

Problems sending email #2
Ok I can't quite figure out what the problem is with why I can't send emails. If I do a test email through the email account setup it goes through fine. When I send an email this is the error message that comes up. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 2/3/2007 3:57 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'djc122984@aol.com' on 2/3/2007 3:57 PM 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. It does this no matter what email address I send a message to. I...

Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)
Hello, I am analyzing a situation for a client: I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email account (Exchange 2000). But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be routed for another ISP set. What options do I have for this. I hope you understand my question. Thanks. ...

Functionality for pre-selecting outgoing email account
Hello: I am looking for software that will allow Outlook 2003 to provide a pop-up window asking me which account I want to send from when I click on the "New Mail Message" button. Idealy, this would insert the proper signature for the outgoing account to be used in the email. Can you help point me in the right direction for this? Thanks in advance. J. Chris Templeton Outlook 2003 already provides this functionality via the Accounts drop-down list on an open message. If you want it to switch signatures automatically, you need to be using WordMail as your editor and have a de...

Sending emails periodically automatically
Hello, I want to send a email twice a week to somebody automatically. (The same message). Is there a possibility in outlook? Thanks, pascal elia <joseph@pcl.ch> wrote: > I want to send a email twice a week to somebody automatically. (The > same message). Is there a possibility in outlook? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041230.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

is secure email possible with exchange?
Is it possible to create a secure email scenario using ex5.5 (and soon ex2k) and outlook? Is that SSL ? I have seen sites that offer it, how do they do that? "mmac" <no@thank.you> wrote: >Is it possible to create a secure email scenario using ex5.5 (and soon ex2k) >and outlook? Yes, it is. >Is that SSL ? No. SSL provides only an encryted channel between two "session" layers. The data that passes over this channel can be anything, but once it leaces the session layer it's no encrypted anymore. >I have seen sites that offer it, how do they do tha...

5.5 Not Receiving ANY emails
We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 in two sites. NY and Atlanta. The Atlanta site is dependant on he NY one. The NY one was getting flooded with 12 emails per second this morning. This has since halted. They (NY) are getting emails trickling in slowly. We started getting emails trickling in, but with 3 hour latency. Now it seems like we are not getting any emails at all. Internal nor external. I have restarted the server various times, restarted IMS services, and still there is no email coming in or out. There also doesnt seem to be many items in the inbound nor outbound queue... Does any...

Exchange Mailbox Missing Emails
I had a user that said they were not receiving mails on their laptop, i logged in to OWA and the mails that were missing looked like they were there. I then set up this user on a desktop machine and it started to sync the folders and email. I canceled this because i could see the missing mails. I then got them to log back in on there laptop and mails were missing out there inbox. Any reason for this and can i recover them? i have actually found the mails on the local pc i set up, this user works remotely, can i upload these emails to the exchange mailbox anyway, or does it have to be...