How to re-insert Windows Mail in the top of the Start Menu list?

Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system, to
avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list. The
program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon on
the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be restored to
its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the
Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol in
the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done?

AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client,
since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult to navigate.

0
Ruth

We heard you the first time. It takes a while for messages to get through
the system, so it is best to wait at least an hour before assuming that a
message has not gotten through.

"Ruth Johnson" <resjohnson@att.net> wrote in message
> Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system,
> to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list. The
> program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon
> on the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be restored
> to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the
> Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol
> in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done?
>
> AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client,
> since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult to navigate.

0
Sam
2/1/2010 12:34:42 AM
Not having used this before, I wasn't sure it had posted. Thank you for
helping me understand how it's expected to work.

"Sam Hobbs" <Gateremovethis@SamHobbs.org> wrote in message
> We heard you the first time. It takes a while for messages to get through
> the system, so it is best to wait at least an hour before assuming that a
> message has not gotten through.
>

> "Ruth Johnson" <resjohnson@att.net> wrote in message
>> Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system,
>> to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list.
>> The program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an
>> icon on the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be
>> restored to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer
>> link) of the Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled
>> Microsoft symbol in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that
>> be done?
>>
>> AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client,
>> since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult to navigate.

0
Ruth
2/1/2010 1:43:15 AM
The encircled Microsoft symbol in the lower left is most often referred to as the Orb

Click on the Orb
Find Windows Mail on the Programs menu
Select Windows Mail with your mouse, Right Click then scroll and select Pin to Start Menu
Click the Orb
Select Windows Mail and drag it to the desired location(up or down)

If not present on the Programs Menu, just drag the desktop shortcut to the Orb...the menu should open up, scroll up to the desired
location and release.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Ruth Johnson" <resjohnson@att.net> wrote in message news:#UGhQPtoKHA.5776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system, to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the
> Start Menu list. The program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon on the desktop to access it, but it
> would be good if it could be restored to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the Start menu (what
> you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done?
>
> AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client, since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult
> to navigate.

0
winston

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

Inserting charts into many workbooks
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am pretty new to VBA. I have a folder with 40 or so workbooks- all with the same worksheet table format. The worksheets are huge (20 000 + rows, 50 or so columns). I need to open a workbook, make several fully formatted graphs, then insert the same graphs into every workbook , updated them with that workbooks' data. Any ideas on code for this? This isn't fully automated, but it will save some time. In one workbook, create the chart and format it to your specs. Then paste the chart into another workbook, and use the utility linked to i...

Windows Live crap
About 4 days ago I noticed a site called Windows Live ID. It suggested to set up a profile and promised that with a single username and password you could log on to all Windows Live applications such as Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail etc. etc. I thought what a good idea, not having to have 10 different usernames and passwords, so I used my old hotmail adress and username to set up a profile. But the ID said I coildn't use my hotmail for some reason, can't remember what. A few hours later I logged on to Windows Live Messenger as I have done for years, w...

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Insert an autofiltered range into another tab
I'm am having an issue when trying to insert a range from an autofilter on one sheet to another. The range has to be inserted above rows that have data in them. When I use the insert.shift:xldown, it only moves down the first column. TIA, Sub B_CreateTabs() Dim rngE As Range Dim lngLastRow As Long Dim mgrval, lobval, shtval As String mgrval = "myself" lobval = "dept" shtval = mgrval & "-" & lobval Windows("Mybook.xls").Activate Sheets(shtval).Select Sheets(shtval).Copy After:=Workbooks("Mybook.xls&quo...

How do I make hyperlink target scroll to the top-left of spreadshe
I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my hyperlinked cell to the top-left. For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1 and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1 the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet. It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I can't find it. I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information. Hi Lori Tools>Options On the Transition tab Transition navigations keys -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori W....

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

host unreachable after recent Windows Update
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, fully patched and running real swell until Wednesday morning. (Tuesday evening: applied the GDI+ patch: MS04-028.) Didn't find out until later today: internal e-mail is fine, inbound Internet e-mail is fine, but nothing goes out over the IMC. Each outbound e-mail generates Event ID 3010 warning message in the App log: host unreachable. But NSLOOKUP on that very server successfully resolve those same domain names, and ping gets replies. The only other software on this server: GroupShield 5.0 all up-to-date, and VirusScan 8.0.0 patch 1 push...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...

Insert Static Date as part of Macro
I've built a nice macro, but I want it to insert the date it is run in an empty cell within the macro's range. When working within a spreadsheet, Ctrl +; returns the system date, but I can't figure out how to put that command into a macro. The macro recorder editor shows that the system recognizes the entry as the current date, not a function that returns the current date. The now() or today() functions are both dynamic ... they change with the system date. That's not acceptable in this situation. I need to seen when the macro was run. Thanks for any help, Ralph di...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

OL2003 Master Category List
Anyone know where the master category list is hiding these days. In 2002 it was hkcu\software\microsoft\office\10 \outlook\categories Any help would be appreciated. change 10 to 11. It won't exist unless the user has added something to it and like Outlook 2002 it's a Unicode list so the value is a binary and not a string. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Smart List
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C4A796.1EC1D910 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_002D_01C4A796.1EC1D910" ------=_NextPart_001_002D_01C4A796.1EC1D910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable BlankIs there any way to get a report in smart list that includes the = serial numbers using inventory transactions or sales transcations? I = have version 7.0 Lisa ------=_NextPart_001_002D_01C4A796.1EC1D910 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Wind...

How to insert a URL with spaces into message body
Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a message body from a mailto hyperlink without using brackets? For example: <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com? body=<http://www.micro% 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into the message body. However, the brackets will be visable too. If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro' portion will be hyperlinked. The 'soft.com' portion wi...

Can't insert rows
I am using Excel 2007 and have just loaded a spreadsheet created in a previous version which is running in Compatibility mode. When I try to insert a row I get an message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I insert rows on this sheet? No problem with another workbook loaded at the same time which was created in 2007. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=211769 "Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in Excel -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...