How to re-insert Windows Mail in the top of the Start Menu list?

Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system, to
avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list. The
program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon on
the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be restored to
its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the
Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol in
the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done?

AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client,
since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult to navigate.

0
Ruth

We heard you the first time. It takes a while for messages to get through
the system, so it is best to wait at least an hour before assuming that a
message has not gotten through.

"Ruth Johnson" <resjohnson@att.net> wrote in message
> Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system,
> to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list. The
> program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon
> on the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be restored
> to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the
> Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol
> in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done?
>
> AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client,
> since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult to navigate.

0
Sam
2/1/2010 12:34:42 AM
Not having used this before, I wasn't sure it had posted. Thank you for
helping me understand how it's expected to work.

"Sam Hobbs" <Gateremovethis@SamHobbs.org> wrote in message
> We heard you the first time. It takes a while for messages to get through
> the system, so it is best to wait at least an hour before assuming that a
> message has not gotten through.
>

> "Ruth Johnson" <resjohnson@att.net> wrote in message
>> Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system,
>> to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list.
>> The program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an
>> icon on the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be
>> restored to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer
>> link) of the Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled
>> Microsoft symbol in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that
>> be done?
>>
>> AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client,
>> since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult to navigate.

0
Ruth
2/1/2010 1:43:15 AM
The encircled Microsoft symbol in the lower left is most often referred to as the Orb

Click on the Orb
Find Windows Mail on the Programs menu
Select Windows Mail with your mouse, Right Click then scroll and select Pin to Start Menu
Click the Orb
Select Windows Mail and drag it to the desired location(up or down)

If not present on the Programs Menu, just drag the desktop shortcut to the Orb...the menu should open up, scroll up to the desired
location and release.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Ruth Johnson" <resjohnson@att.net> wrote in message news:#UGhQPtoKHA.5776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system, to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the
> Start Menu list. The program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon on the desktop to access it, but it
> would be good if it could be restored to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the Start menu (what
> you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done?
>
> AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client, since AOL's page is just so "busy" that it's difficult
> to navigate.

0
winston

Not in list where cbo is null ie. tab through
Hi knowledgeable gurus, I have made use of "not in list" but in this instance I know that the record doesn't exist & as such I want to just tab through but invoke the "Not in List" sub. Can I do that in a before update without duplicating the whole code? What should I be doing as I don't want to add extra buttons etc You can just call the NotInList code directly with CALL Yourcbo_NotInList but I would lean toward executing a similar but different procedure. You can not pass the Response variable to the procedure so the code will almost certainly be...

How to shift address listings from row list to columns?
I have a mailing list with name, address, city, state & zip with each item in individual rows like a list of labels and a few empty rows of space between each listing. How do I create/transfer this list into columns accross so I can sort by city or zip? Thank you! If your data is nicely grouped, with each group in 5 lines, viz: name add city state zip then an earlier suggestion given which worked might be worth a try: See: http://tinyurl.com/wgcb -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email --...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

High score list?
How do I create a high score list for an everlasting soccer tournament? Perhaps something along these lines .. (Only takes 5 mins to set-up <g>) Assume the table below is in Sheet1, cols A to C, data from row2 down Game# Scorer Goals 00001 ABC 1 00002 XYZ 3 00003 ABC 3 00004 XYZ 2 Put in E2: =IF(B2="","",IF(COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)>1,"",ROW())) Copy E2 down to say, E1000 to cover the max expected number of rows of data in the table Col E will flag and assign uniques in col B with an arbitrary row number (for us to extract the list of unique scorers in Sh...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

avoiding duplicate in list
Dear All, I have created a list with a name for ex A1 : A25 named as number in this number list there are few numbers repeated i want to list the date without duplicating. I want to list the above date in a cell (using DATA >> VALIDATION >> LIST Cud plz help on this... Thanx and regds. CNP -- chinaprasad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chinaprasad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267171 Hi see: http://www.cpearson....

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Re: Small Business Accounting 2006 Integration?
David, Yesterday, MS released a connector for both RMS and POS to SBA. Download it from here; http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/possolutions/accounting or check with your reseller for more info. -- * "Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... David, Not out the box. MS claims there will be something later for RMS to SBA. Here's the only link I know of currently for RMS to SBA; http://www.evtretail.com/sba/ Don't know how it works though. From SBF to GP, yes. For RMS to SBF, no. GL accounts only. errrr ;-( -- * "dh" <dh@discussi...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

keeping page, insert etc dropdowns open & having page below it
how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that way & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91198FA1-A43C-4A00-9141-FB019528AC5B@microsoft.com... > how can i keep the drop downs open & have the page below it. It was that > way > & I must have hit the wrong button or something.microsoft word 2007 Ask in a discussion group for Word. Here's how to find it. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/ In the...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Syntax for Re-registration of Excell
Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open error every time we launch a SS without opening the app first. Had a similiar problem with Word and fixed it with Winword /r. Thanks! Hi first you may check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for > re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open > error every time we launch a SS without opening t...

Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine
Hi, i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

Re: ODBC driver for CSV/TEXT file on Windows 2008
Additional info: VS 2005 - 32 bit app. I had no problem accessing various SQLserver databases in our network. Bill "Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message news:... I need to know how to obtain and install ODBC text driver on a WIndows 2008 server. CUrrently, the only driver installed is SQLServer v 6.01.7600 The code below worked on my PC but not on the server (as a client machine). Dim csvConnection As OdbcConnection Dim ConnectionString As String = "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};Dbq=" & mcsvPath & ";" YOur...

Force Service Start-up...
I have a small network with Active Directory Installed. The AD Domain is controlled by Win2003 Servers. I have a member server which is Win 2008 (R1) server. The central database for Sage's Simply Accounting is installed on this server. One of Sage's peculiarities is the "Connection Manager". This is installed on the server as a "service". And the start-up is "automatic". The problem is that when the server reboots, this installed service *does not start". It will not start unless you either launch Simply Accounting on the server, or unles...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

I want to stop a colum total and start it from nought (Access2003
I want to total a column of values and when it gets to a signal value, start it from nought from the next result entered. On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:05:01 -0800, KevinS <KevinS @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to total a column of values and when it gets to a signal value, start >it from nought from the next result entered. > You'll have to post some more description of your table structure and what you mean by a "signal value". You can see your database... nobody else can! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

how do I make a paper look like a windows window?
I want to make a paper look like a window in the computer, so my presentation has more computer like decoration. archer <archer@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to make a paper look like a window in the computer, so my > presentation has more computer like decoration. Step 1: Look at a Windows window. Step 2: Recreate what you see using the shape, text, and picture tools in Publisher Alternatively Step 1: Hire a professional or semi-professional to do this for you. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Take a screen shot (PrtScrn) t...

window is off screen
Had to look up some 2007 Tax filing stuff today. Back then this computer had two monitors. By default, the tax stuff was sent to the second monitor, it disappears off of the screen now and I cannot look at it. Multiple dragging attemps did not work, thought there was a "key sequence" or ?? to make all windows return to the main monitor?? With two monitors connected 'drag' the stuff on #2 back to #1 - then you can stop using #2 monitor. "Meebers" <Iwork@topposter.com> wrote in message news:e8C0apRzKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

Vertical Split Window
Is it possible to have a window split vertically rather than horizontally? Most screens are wide enough to comfortably put 2 pages side by side, but when the split is horizontal there isn't as much space to view the two panes. You can view two consecutive pages in any version of Word. In recent versions, you can open another copy of the same document and use View | Side by Side. By default, the two copies scroll synchronously (the feature is designed for comparing two different documents), but you can disable that. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into ...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Drop Down List #4
I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of names on worksheet 2 that I would like to drop down. The directions from Help are hard to follow and there seem to be missing steps. HELP See Debra Dalgleish's website for good instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Particularly, the "Name the List Range" section Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Kerry Anne" wrote: > I am trying to insert a drop down list in one worksheet. I have a list of > names on worksheet 2 that I would like to dr...