How blokking mail?

I recieved a mail from Polen asking after my bankingdetails.
How can I block those mails, or even entire countries?

Thanks, Hugo

0
Hugo

Right-click the message header and choose either to block the sender or to
block the sender's entire domain. Think about it first, because blocking the
domain might block people you want to hear from. For example, you probably
don't want to block the domain "yahoo.com", because you very likely know
people you like who use that domain.

It's my impression that most people living in places like Eastern Europe or
Asia use a very few major ISPs, which means that blocking domains may be
fairly effective. If you look in the Tools menu, Junk E-Mail Options,
there's lists of blocked and safe senders. I just don't think you can block
an entire country, e.g. block everything from *.cz or *.ru. Then again,
maybe those would work in the blocked sender's list. I just don't have any
easy way to test.

R.

"Hugo" <werkt@niet.xx> wrote in message
>I recieved a mail from Polen asking after my bankingdetails.
> How can I block those mails, or even entire countries?
>
> Thanks, Hugo

0
Rumpelstiltskin
9/12/2010 3:31:51 PM
You can block entire countries by going to Tools, Junk E-mail Options,
International, Blocked Top-Level Domain List. The country code for
Poland is PL.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Hugo"  wrote in message news:#xC5BYoULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

I recieved a mail from Polen asking after my bankingdetails.
How can I block those mails, or even entire countries?

Thanks, Hugo=20

0
Gary
9/12/2010 5:05:17 PM
I'm going away now, before I go completely blind. My memory's already a lost
cause.

R.

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
You can block entire countries by going to Tools, Junk E-mail Options,
International, Blocked Top-Level Domain List. The country code for
Poland is PL.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Hugo"  wrote in message news:#xC5BYoULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

I recieved a mail from Polen asking after my bankingdetails.
How can I block those mails, or even entire countries?

Thanks, Hugo

0
Rumpelstiltskin

ANN: HTTPMP
HTTPMP is MAPI transport service provider used to access HTTP mail service accounts (commonly Hotmail). HTTPMP could be used with MAPI compatible client applications (such as Microsoft Office Outlook) to send/receive Hotmail messages in much the same way as POP3 transport. Supported features 1. Sending/receiving messages 2. MIME encoded messages 3. HTML, RTF and text formatted message body 4. Messages with attachments 5. LAN and dial-up mail service account access and polling 6. Auto dial and auto hang-up 7. Fast asynchronous Internet operations 8. Internet connection configuration page HTTP...

E-mail #4
Hi In column A, I have got name of the employees. In column B, their department. In column C, their supervisor's name. In column D, supervisor's e-mail ID. In column E, Head of the department (HOD). In column F, HOD's e-mail ID In column G, status of employee's work (whether completed o not-completed). A macro, which automatically sends e-mail to all employee's superviso whose work is "not-completed". Also, CC to the HOD. One e-mail to eac supervisor containing the list of employees under him. Each department can have many supervisors. Thanks NE -- abcdexce...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook
Hi, Does anybody know how to import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook? Thanks, Eric Check this page for information on importing from other programs: http://www.slipstick.com/config/olimport.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052101c3...

after some time sent mail turns as i symbol mail why?
sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? It means you are tracking that email for voting or other purposes. =20 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Stalin asked: | sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using | outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? ...

How do I get a split screen for mail and calendar in Outlook?
You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the middle on a split screen. I can't find that option anymore and am wondering if it still exists and if so, where. I don't want to have to toggle between email and calendar. Any suggestions? Outlook 2007 - on the to do bar on far right click the "<<" at the top. Opens the To Do bar with calendar that has days with appointments hilited and upcoming appointments listed below calendar. "rakugirl2001" <rakugirl2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5...

Store Junk E-mail Configuration Not Effective
Right now we are running a Front-End / Back-End Configuration with Exchange 2003, and having problems enabling the Store Junk E-mail Configuration Settings on the back-end server. Both are front-end and back-end servers are upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2, the Front-End server had the original version of IMF, which was removed prior to installing SP2. The readme was reviewed with SP2, and instructions were followed. Our Front-End server is successfully using the Gateway Setting, but the Store Junk E-Mail setting is not effective at all. Anyone have similar experience, and have been a...

Dead Mail
Hi all, I assume the junk email that exchange catches ends up in Dead Mail. My Question is how can I read and retrieve dead mail/old junk mail. -- Vince If you've got the IMF installed and set to archive, then junk mail ends up in the 'ucearchive' folder underneath your SMTP virtual server folders. If you're referring to the BadMail folder, then this is where Exchange stores (for want of a better description) NDRs that cannot be delivered. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

E-mail message formatting.
Running Pub 2003 on XP Home. I edit a newsletter for a guild every month and use the contents of several member E-mails in the publication. (Presidents message, etc.) When I copy and paste the text from some--not all--of the E-mails into a text box they show up with each line in a separate "cell". I can clear that up by pasting the message in Word 2003 first, but I wondered if there is a quicker method. I'm a bit confused about the right click "paste special" options and how HTML figures in. Appreciate the help! Cynthia C The quickest method is to have Note...

Outlook Two mail accounts
I have a network whith Win2000 server and exchange 2000 server my question is after I configure the clients whith Outlook I add one account POP 3 and one Exchange account in each client I make the POP3 account default, no problem if I make a new e-mail Outlook send it whith the POP3 account but If I reply or foward a -email the program try to send it whith Exchange , the problem is my exchange is just for internal use in the office is not for internet mail so How can I change that behavior to Outlook always send and receive whith the POP3 account and use the Exchange account just for...

ActiveX control being added to outgoing e-mail?
I have a user running Outlook 2003 via Exchange 2000. All outgoing messages sent by his system apparently have an ActiveX control in them. Any messages I try to open on another machine give the alert "Your current Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls..." Could this mean the user has a virus? Something else? Any help is appreciated, and a direct reply to me is appreciated as well. Thanks, John M John discovered this was due to bad signature or stationary files in Outlook. I had the same problem with a user and tested this theory. There was indeed some c...

Rule to distribute sent mail
I have 3 mail accounts and I want one (or more) rules like this: Apply the rule after I send the message Through the _specified_ account Move it to the _specified_ folder and mark it as read The problem is that the only option I see, in the Rules wizard, is "move a copy". Furthermore, when I use that option, just to test the rule, the message that was copied to the _specified_ folder looks unread. That's why in my rule I want to add the option "and mark it as read". Any ideas? (Vista Home Premium - Office 2007 Pro) -- Please remove hyphens to contact me ----- ...

can't send mail.
Hi, one of user account can't send the mail to alex@xx.xx(xx is a replacement name here). what will be the problem? how to fix? thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: xxx Sent: 4/4/2005 3:54 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: alex@xx.xx on 4/4/2005 3:54 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail.mailserver.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-Verification failed for <js@mailserver.com>> Hello, ma...

No e-mail notification
I have recently switched from using Outlook express to using Outlook 2003 for my e-mail. The problem is that lately I am getting no e-mail notification at all, that is no sound, no envelope and no panel in the bottom right of the screen, but the mail is being delivered. I haven't changed any settings and all the boxes are still ticked in the, Options, E-mail Options, Advanced E-mail Options. I tried uninstalling Outlook then reinstalling and it worked for the first e-mail then stopped again. Any help is appreciated as it's driving me nuts. Tom Hi Tom, This problem may o...

E-mail on a wireless network
Recently I connected two computers in my home over a LINKSYS wireless network. After some head scratching the network is working well, however I've discovered that if I access e-mail on one of the computers that e-mail is not visible on the other computer. In addition, e-mails in the 2 computer's inboxes, deleted items, etc. are not the same. Is there a way to synchronize Outlook on both computers such that the inboxes, deleted items, etc. are the same and if an e-mail is opened on one computer it is also available on the other; i.e. sort of like shared folders. I'm u...

Mailing multiple reports
I have developed a db to track employee certification. One report shows the certificates and training for an individual employee. I would like to be able to mail each employee a copy of this report so that she/he can verify certificate status, either through e-mail or via interoffice mail (hard copy) since some employees don't have easy access to e-mail. The report is set up with a main report for certification and a sub report showing training classes attended to support certificate renewal. I plan on sending such reports out at least annually, perhaps twice per year. I o...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

e-mail Print Style options not available
One of our users here can only get the "Print Style" options (Memo Style, etc.) to appear when she selects a message in her inbox and then goes to File > Print. If she opens the message first and then goes to File > Print, then only a standard printer settings dialogue pops up - no "Print Style" options appear at all. I checked a few other users' installations, and everyone else seems to get the Print Style options no matter where they choose to print from. Any ideas on how to get the Print Style options to appear from within a message window? This user customaril...

Mail Merge 03-12-10
I have a log that has multiple lines with the same individual that I am trying to merge into one page per individual in word, I have to do a more advanced mail merge. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:33:01 -0800, Brooke <Brooke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a...

Links don't work in mail
Hello What would cause outlook (and outlook express) to not allow the links in my emails to work? They open a browser window, but nothing ever gets loaded. If this were happening only for 1 link, I'd say it was the url, but this happens with text links, button links etc. I have to "view source" for the button links, copy the url and paste it into my browser -- and that works fine. Email links seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Terry V Hold curser over link, press shift key, now you can click on link. "Terry V" wrote: > Hello > What would cause ou...

Exporting Mail box after employee has left company
I'd like to export a mailbox from Exchange 2003. The employee has left the company, and allthough I haven't deleted his user account yet, I would like to know if it is possible to export his account without actually logging in with his username & password and opening outlook as that user. Thanks, Nate Weldon yes; use exmerge.exe to accomplish this... "Nate Weldon" <NateWeldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:674CD1FE-F33E-4734-BC2C-B20210B95A3C@microsoft.com... > I'd like to export a mailbox from Exchange 2003. The employee has left th...

Letter as body of e-mail message
I want to compose a generic e-mail message in HTML format and re-use it multiple times. But I want to customize the message each time and send it as the body of the message (as opposed to an attachment). I know there must be an easy way to do this, but I can't figure it out. Any ideas? ...

Allowing rules for auto-forwarding mails over OWA
Hey guys! I want to allow OWA-users to make a rule, which auto-forwards mails. But the users always got an error and the message to try it again in a few minutes. Facts: - it doesn´t mather if the recipient is an domain-user or not - users can create such a rule over desktop-outlook, but not over owa - users can create all rules except auto-forwarding! - Exchange version: 2003 sp1 And the error message is ... ? dOcToR bEaT wrote: > Hey guys! > > I want to allow OWA-users to make a rule, which auto-forwards mails. > But the users alway...

All outbound e-mails keep getting assigned to a campaign
I created a quick campaign and performed a successful mail-merge, then sent the e-mail. A response came back and I promoted it to a campaign response. Now when I send a normal email to a different user, CRM automatically assigns that email to the campaign history! It's not targeted to a user that was in the campaign. Even my personal email is getting loaded into that campaign in CRM, in fact all my outbound email is funneling into that campaign. Is this a bug? Can someone who has encountered this issue please help? Thanks, Ken Davis You are not alone! This happened to a user of...

Using multiple email address aliases in Windows Mail
If I have multiple email aliases for my POP email account how can I change which one I use for the response? Or does it default to only one in my preferences under tools? Thank you. Bill Suits When replying, by default Windows Mail will choose the 'From' address associated with the account that downloaded the original message. You can override that default by clicking in the 'From' box and = selecting another account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Jeff Ruell" <adme...