help setting up windows mail

Hello!

I am trying to set up my windows mail using an @live.com e-mail address, yet
I cannot find the POP and/or STMP information for @live addresses anywhere.

What do I enter in these two fields?

Thank you in advance!

To follow up with more information about my problem, I found the site:

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry?sa=115122547

I thought I would be all set to go.  I used the POP3 name of:

pop3.live.com (Port 995)

When I leave the (Port 995) on it, it says it is an invalid POP account.
When I do it without the (Port 995), I still cannot sync my mail and receive
mail from my @live account.  The same holds true when I used the STMP name of:

smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!!!

Olivia

"Olivia" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am trying to set up my windows mail using an @live.com e-mail address, yet
> I cannot find the POP and/or STMP information for @live addresses anywhere.
>
> What do I enter in these two fields?
>
> Thank you in advance!
The port number is not part of the server name.
Go to the Advanced tab of that account, enable the SSL option
(two places), then change the outgoing port number to 587, and
the incoming port number to 995.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Olivia" <Olivia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> To follow up with more information about my problem, I found the site:
>=20
> =
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry?sa=3D=
115122547
>=20
> I thought I would be all set to go.  I used the POP3 name of:
>=20
> pop3.live.com (Port 995) =20
>=20
> When I leave the (Port 995) on it, it says it is an invalid POP =
account. =20
> When I do it without the (Port 995), I still cannot sync my mail and =
receive=20
> mail from my @live account.  The same holds true when I used the STMP =
name of:
>=20
> smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587)  =20
>=20
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!!!
>=20
> Olivia
>=20
>=20
> "Olivia" wrote:
>=20
>> Hello!
>>=20
>> I am trying to set up my windows mail using an @live.com e-mail =
address, yet=20
>> I cannot find the POP and/or STMP information for @live addresses =
anywhere.
>>=20
>> What do I enter in these two fields?
>>=20
>> Thank you in advance!
0
Gary

Excel 97 VBA Help File

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Settings Button (administrator features) Missing in Web Brower Cli
The Settings option in the web Browser client is missing on one machine but not on others. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser and the Setting Button appears. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to correct the problem without deleting all cookies? Mark Nabors Hi Mark, I have noticed this too. It is very frustrating. I have read a post that says that this is a conflict between the web client and the outlook client. I think that the outlook client creates the cookie so that settings does not appear in the web client and not the outlook client. Supposedly this woul...

.pdf save as settings

Help Required

Setting up a new e-mail account

Web query timeout setting.

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Window Redirection?

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Need HELP! for Linking data

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

attaching child ClistCtrl window to resizable parent Dialog
I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable]. I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog. I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost ctrl to the parent dialog so that when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands. Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind the scene. I only send an initial message to each: m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES ); Thanks, Ihor VC++ doesn't not...