Having trouble sending email

Have checked server settings, all seems OK (have not changed anything on my
PC for this problem to occur)

Where is the actual error message?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Barney1587" <Barney1587@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
> the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
> determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> Have checked server settings, all seems OK (have not changed anything on
> my
> PC for this problem to occur)

0
Bruce
7/25/2010 1:27:34 PM
That's not the complete error message. You posted the least significant (fluff) part
of the error message. We need the part that has the server name and port number.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Barney1587"  wrote in message news:09B5488F-343E-4DE6-807B-D0E046C58786@microsoft.com...

Have checked server settings, all seems OK (have not changed anything on my
PC for this problem to occur)

0
Gary

Anyone receive the email "The Golden Age of Windows 7 Forums"?
That was an editorial piece of work, eh? Long live newsgroups! Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. ...

Delivey receipts
We have exchange 2000 and use outlook 2002/2003. One member of staff says she used to be able to generate delivery as well as read receipts internally. But now only gets read receipts. But requests to external mail addresses still generate delivery receipts if requested and a read receipt if manually acknowledged by the recipient. I understand that delivery receipts are a server function - how can they get turned off and how can I rectify this matter please? I've never seen them turned off, but why would anybody want delivery receipts for internal e-mails? It's the same ser...

Internet Explorer 8 will not open; Outlook 2007 emails not showing
I'm having the biggest issue with Windows 7 right now. I have installed Win7 Professional and had been using it fine with IE8/Firefox and MSOffice 2007 Ultimate. About 2 weeks ago, I had a massive email download (over 1000 emails, broken up to around 270 at a time) from Gmail. This is when I noticed that the HTML would not show up in emails that were listed as Safe Senders. Also, IE8 will not open. There are no error messages. If I click on IE enough times, I barely get to see iexplore.exe show up in the Task Manager before it disappears. Firefox works fine and has bee...

no email subject bax
When I create a new email, there is no bar / box / place for the email subject / title. where can I add a subject / title space for my outgoing messages ?running windows xp home with outlook 2000. Thanks Did you look on the view menu for Show Header? Depending on your editor, it may be on your options button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solu...

Cannot delete hotmail emails.
Dear All, I am having this problem in my office.I have a proxy server and every one access internet thru that.Now one of my user using outlook 2003 has created his hotmail account also in the outlook next to his office account.So now he has two inboxes in his outlook bar. He was having problem accessing his hotmail account via outlook and I managed to sort that by by putting *hotmail.com*;*services.msn.com* in the do not use proxy for the following websites in the internet explorer option.Now he can send and receive his hotmail emails via outlook but when he tries to delete any of h...

mass emails...... outlook showing sent but not received by anyone
New computor....I must have something set up different than before in Outlook because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent file) but not received. I have been sending this blast successfully for several years, but with new computor having troubles. Any ideas? is your SMTP server blocking them as spam? or their server treating them as spam? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:...

How can I send my e newsletter created in publisher as the body o.
My Publisher programme won't allow me to send a newsletter as the body of an email, it only offers me to send it as an attachment. Any suggestions please? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Kirsten from New Zealand Health Shop <Kirsten from New Zealand Health Shop@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > My Publisher programme won't allow me to send a newsletter as the > body of an email, it only offers me to send it as an attachment. Any > suggestions please? Publisher 2002 and 2003 offer the option of sending the current page of a ...

Control Internal Users Emailing Each Other
Can someone please tell me if Exchange has the ability to deny certain users from emailing each other? My understanding is that even if these users do not see each other in the address book, they can manually enter the SMTP address. We want to prevent all users in a certain AD group from emailing each other. You would have to open the users accounts in ADU&C then: Exhange general tab>delivery restrictions button>choose: "From everyone except" and then add in the group that contains the other members you dont want to be able to send to this user. Philip Nunn "...

Mixed Exchange and Internet Email on Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003
Recently installed a new SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. Have clients using Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2003. On the Outlook 2003 profile I have an Internet POP Account and an Exchange Server Account. If I set the Internet account as the default account, it handles Internet messages properly, but also tries to send local messages via Internet SMTP server. If I set the Exchange account as default, it handles local mail correctly, but sends Internet mail through the Exchange SMTP server with the local email address as the reply address. Therefore, anyone receiving the message is unable to reply s...

Unable to send receipt
When a receipt is requested, Outlook Express gives the error message "unable to send receipt" and the OK button. Does not give a reason why. However, it is only giving this message when the receipt is requested by one company so I suspect it is most likely to do with the sender. Any ideas of what we should check please. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public...

sending vcards results in you do not have permission error.
When sending vcards inside or outside of our environment, users are getting a : You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. Anyone know what might be causing this? What antivirus do you use? At what level? "Paul Fogle" <pfogle@unknowncompany.net> a �crit dans le message de news: 543d5288e6794ff2ac3d4daf0206348d@ureader.com... > When sending vcards inside or outside of our environment, users are > getting > a : > > > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, >...

Outlook 2003 sending blank emails / text missing from body
Hi I have just upgraded three machines to office 2003, outlook works fine on two machines but the third has the blank email body problem on all sent mails. Has anyone come up with a solution to this:- Every time I send a mail the recipient receives a blank mail, even the mail within the sent items is blank. I have tried changing the mail setting etc but as yet no solution. The set up on the machine is identical to the other two machines; the only difference is that this machine had an existing Outlook 2002 account set up that was imported when 2003 was installed. Therefore it had an existi...

Trouble with workstation(s) logging onto SBS 2003
Ok, here's my issue. I have a client who has three workstations, and two offsite VPN - remote users. The server is P4 with 3G of RAM, has a UPS attached and one of the workstations logging on (which has the major issue) is a Windows 7 Professional workstation. She is having issues of it logging onto the server. She claims she has to try it numerous times before it works, losing hours of day's work! (Angry which I don't blame her for). I have checked the server, scanned for viruses, all clean! Visited the Event's Log, found several errors in the log. NETLOGON:...

Verizon email into Outlook
I am having difficulties in adding my Verizon email accounts to outlook. I am using the MS Exchange (POP3, IMAP or http) and typing my email and password that I establish to get into my account. (Although the text says the the password my ISP has given me...is it not my account password?) I tried an encryption connection first - and received error message <an encryption connection to your mail server is not available.> Next I tried the unencrypted connection and tried the "Connect Using LAN" Response: back to the drop down box and tried the "IE or 3rd party&...

emailing directly from an application
Hello all, I am having trouble figuring out why when I try to email something directly from an application the message is returned as not able to be resolved (the address). Specifically, I created a cmd button in Access to create an email automatically with an attachment in word. When sent, I get a non-deliverable report (The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.). This happens not just in Access, but also in other apps such as Excel. This may help, ...

Trouble with user security
HI,I have a database on a shared folder in a PC. From another PC i opened this database and setup user level security using the wizard. On the first PC, instead of running the wizard, i created a new user and put in the admin group and then removed the admin user from the admin group.Now i ve got into serious trouble. From the second PC, i am able to logon on and use the database perfectly fine. But on the first PC, the new user does not have permission to open the database. the admin user can open but has no other rights. The secured.mdw is in the same folder as the database.How do i r...

Send Internal Mail Externally #2
I have a subsidiary that we connect to through a vpn tunnel. They are not a part of our Exchange organization. They use lotus notes for email. We are unable to telnet into their server and we believe that for some reason port 25 is being blocked internally. Is there any way to ensure that email to this subsidiary travels externally rather than internally? We are running Exchange 2003 sp2 on W2K3 server sp1. There is no lotus notes connector of any kind. All email directed to them is sitting in the queue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. CK Hello Chris, You can create an SMTP c...

email #85
what does '550 relay not permitted' mean You can't send mail through a server to which you are not authenticated. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Alanmr asked: | what does '550 relay not permitted' mean ...

sending v cards, changing address settings
Hi i use outlook 2003, When I send a v card, the address fields change to businness, which is normally blank. I have set the home address as the address to use as mail address, but still this happens. I tried forwarding the contacts, not as v cards, which does not have the same problem, but found this duplicates the contact in my outlook. any ideas thanks tim ...

Can't send to Korean Address
Can anyone help please? When ever I send to a Korean e-mail address it converts the first letter of the address from a J to and H and i get a non delivery report. I have tried changeing case, the mail format(ASCI and Western European), the font and format (plain text, HTML, Outlook RTF) Thanks for your help Fred ...

Missing Emails
After re-installing Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop and opening WLM all my old emails are missing All the accounts are there and new messages are coming in find. Please help me find those old messages (files). Have you performed a search for *.eml files ? Did you install Windows 7 to a different drive/partition, on top of the old, repair install, wipe drive-clean install etc ??? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "gary g." <gary g.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12A7D053-A3B0-41EB-8C4E-8693F4181D7C@microsoft.com... > After re-installing Window...

Email from anonymous senders
The senders field is blank in emails I receive. How do I filter these out of my inbox? Thanks, ...

Outbox, Send/Receive before Emails leave?????
In Outlook, after composing an email I hit Send. The email just goes to my Outbox and languishes there. I must hit the Send/Receive button before it'll leave. There must be a way to make emails leave automatically after hitting Send without this step. Of course there is. You didn't provide any information. Post your Outlook version, mail account type, connection type, and automatic Send/Receive settings so someone can tell you how. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Hugh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e51201c46cda$cdd70e30$a601280a@...

Force user to logon to domain to retrive exchange 2003 email
Dear all, Does any one has experience configuring active directory and exchange 2003 to force user to logon to domain to retrive their emails?. I have the active directory on windows 2003 server. thank you. I'm not entirely sure I know what you're asking for here, but if you want Outlook to always prompt for a username and password, the option to set this exists when configuring the properties of the Exchange server connection in the Outlook profile - it's on the Security tab and is called 'always prompt for username and password'. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP ...

Emails not showing when viewing others mailbox
I have some users on Outlook 2002, Win XP Pro who. User A has shared out her Inbox to User B; User B can view User A's mailbox by going to File, Open, Other User's Folder. However, User B does not see all emails that User A receives; it's intermittent. User A is receiving all of her email though. User B has all Windows and Office updates. Is there any reason for this to be happening? TIA ...