Folder under "Sent Items" in WinMail VANISHED!

I use WinMail for my business, so all my email is vital.  I was about to
file a sent email and discovered all my NUMEROUS subfolders under "Sent
Items" were no longer there.  I tried to import and subsequently
searched my backup and everywhere I could think of to try and locate the
folders to no avail.  I began to research online to try and find a way
to find all the folders and email.  I am at a lost and, needless to say,
in a panic!!!  Can ANYONE tell me where those folders might have gone,
why/how, and hopefully how to restore all those missing
folders/emails???

--
aliciamcleod

aliciamcleod

You can look in the message store (location found via Tools | Options | =
Advanced | Maintenance | Store Folder) to see if the directories and =
messages that correspond to the sent items subfolders still exist.  See =
www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background. =20

steve

"aliciamcleod" <aliciamcleod.4gp489@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote =
in message news:aliciamcleod.4gp489@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>=20
> I use WinMail for my business, so all my email is vital.  I was about =
> file a sent email and discovered all my NUMEROUS subfolders under =
"Sent
> Items" were no longer there.  I tried to import and subsequently
> searched my backup and everywhere I could think of to try and locate =
the
> folders to no avail.  I began to research online to try and find a way
> to find all the folders and email.  I am at a lost and, needless to =
say,
> in a panic!!!  Can ANYONE tell me where those folders might have gone,
> why/how, and hopefully how to restore all those missing
> folders/emails???
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> aliciamcleod
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
Steve
9/3/2010 12:01:47 PM
"aliciamcleod" <aliciamcleod.4gp489@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:aliciamcleod.4gp489@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I use WinMail for my business, so all my email is vital.  I was about to
> file a sent email and discovered all my NUMEROUS subfolders under "Sent
> Items" were no longer there.  I tried to import and subsequently
> searched my backup and everywhere I could think of to try and locate the
> folders to no avail.  I began to research online to try and find a way
> to find all the folders and email.  I am at a lost and, needless to say,
> in a panic!!!  Can ANYONE tell me where those folders might have gone,
> why/how, and hopefully how to restore all those missing
> folders/emails???
>

> --
> aliciamcleod

baldycock

Bcc missing in Sent Items Folder
I cannot see who I put in the Bcc field in the Sent Items Folder. I have looked at the properties of the specific email and this field is not in there. If I open the email, the View>Cc & Bcc field is grayed out. The PC I have this problem on is using IMAP, I have a laptop using POP and it is not a problem. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Any assistance would be appreciated. The View CC & BCC being grayed out is the expected behavior if the message doesn't have either of those headers. Are you certain that you actually used BCC on that message? ...

Permission on Sent Items
Hi Does anyone know how to set reviewer permissions on the sent items folder only, when i try and set it and go to open other users folder it doesnt display sent items. This is between two users over an exchange network. Thanks How are you trying to open the folder and what exactly happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlo...

Cannot print attachment with sent items
I am trying to print an email that is in my sent items so that it will show that the attachment was sent but when I print, it does not show the attachment. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

IMAP and Sent Items and overall poor IMAP functionality
Hi! Why is IMAP in Outlook 2003 not automatically moving sent emails to Sent Items on server? Why is Purge on Exit not an option? It seems to me that Outlook Express has better IMAP implementation than Outlook 2003. And I was hoping to get at least some improvements in this new version :-( Our users are still on Outlook Express, even though some of our users would like to have Outlook. I can't implement a solution that only works good if you're a pro end-user that can write macros that move sent emails to sent items and create own buttons so that you can purge your folders....

Sent Items history from an IMAP account?
Hi, I've just set up Outlook 2007. I've linked Outlook up to my email using an imap server. Outlook has successfully downloaded the Inbox and I am able to receive and send items successfully, however I can't download the Sent Items history. Is there someway way I can configure this? Thanks. Mr Sharaf <Mr Sharaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I've just set up Outlook 2007. I've linked Outlook up to my > email using an imap server. Outlook has successfully downloaded the > Inbox and I am able to receive and send items successfully, however I...

"Sent Items" folder Problem?????
Blank Message was sent from a copy/paste of a web page...........but when I highlite it ..it freezes-up; I have to use Ctrl>Alt>Delete which closes the my OE Main Identity window. How do I delete the message w/o freezing my system????? Thanxxxxx............Rudy Is it in the Outbox? Check: File | Work Offline and in: View | Layout: Uncheck the Preview Pane. Can you delete it now? Or is it in Sent Items. Try the same method. If not, move any messages you need to save out of Sent Items to a user created folder and then create a new one as follows. Tools | Optio...

Sent Items Folder #4
Just recently I have noticed that a couple of users are not getting their sent email to default to their 'Sent Items' folder. We have an Exchange 2000 Server running with a mixture of Outlook 2000 and 2003 clients. One of the problems is from a 2K client and then another one with 2003??? It is hit and miss....one time it saves to their folder, the next it will not. I am aware, and have checked, the 'Save Forwarded Messages' checkbox and it is checked (as I am not sure if they were forwarding messages that did not appear in their Sent Items folder). Has anyone heard of this...

Outlook 98 damaged archived sent items folder
When I archive I get the following error: Error while aging folder "Sent Items" in store "Dave". Unknown Error. Archive skips store due to error. Failed to open a source store. I've run the PST repair tool on the archived folder with no resolution. Any suggestions? Create a new archive.pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answ...

Sent Messages Not Saving In Sent Items
When I send an email to a person in my company, it always puts a copy of my email in Sent Items. In the last month or so, emails to some people do not show up in Sent Items while others do. I can pinpoint several recipients that when I send them an email, the email will not show up in Sent Items. What is going on? Thanks for any help! What do those recipients have in common? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without rea...

Sent messages are not showing in Sent Items folder
Exch 5.5 server with Outlook 2002. User selected and deleted all messages in the Sent Items Folder. Since that time, sent messages no longer appear in the folder. All settings appear correct and there are no filters applied to the folder. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks! ...

How can I find the attachments of my sent Items?
I've just loaded Outlook, and I can't see any of the attachments on my sent items. Where does Outlook put them? Thanks VERY much! Lara It attaches them to the message and denotes the attachment with a paperclip icon. The attached file is also stored in your Mailbox. "Lara" <Lara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:793904FC-5126-46FE-A03A-5A2E3D8F41D6@microsoft.com... > I've just loaded Outlook, and I can't see any of the attachments on my > sent > items. Where does Outlook put them? > > Thanks VERY much! > Lara ...

Moving a mail from sent items to another folder
Hi Guys. Wonder who can help, as I am a little baffled... When I try to move a mail from sent items to another folder (one that I have created), I dont get an error message, but when I go to that folder the mail is not there!! I am using drag 'n drop and it is Outlook 97. If you could mail your response to me at my e-mail address I would be grateful. andreas@itjockies.co.za ...

Sent Items Not Syncing with Exchange
I have recently re-installed O2k3 on a laptop. My offline Sent items have not updated fully in the 4 weeks since I have installed it. At the moment it has only updated through December 10th of 2003. Every time I do a manual Send/Recieve it will take 4 or 5 more messages and then stop syncing... Is there any way I can get it to sync all the files? Oh, Exchange version 5.5 at the moment.... Are there any errors listed in the Sync folder? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...

Some people can't promote from sent items
We have one user that's getting an error trying to promote from sent items: "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again." Now, I've read enough threads to know that it can't / shouldn't be done. Problem is, everyone else can promote from their sent items, including me. I haven't gotten into checking his Outlook settings, Office 2003 updates, or Windows XP updates, but I wanted to get a 'heads-up' from the general populace before I really go deep into this. :) CRM is not supposed to be able to promote from sent items folder. In...

How to disable sent items in OWA 2003 from taking a copy from sent
I want to ask if there is a way to disable sent items in owa 2003 or in exchange from taking copies of sent emails. On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:15:07 -0800, Prince <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to ask if there is a way to disable sent items in owa 2003 or in >exchange from taking copies of sent emails. Is it that you want to stop people taking a copy of items that go into the sent items or do you want to stop sent items going into the sent items folder in the 1st place? It's not clear in your post. I want to stop or enable people from taking a copy of sen...

Sent Items IMAP in Outlook 2003
Hi there, Someone PLEASE tell me how to get Outlook 2003 to save my sent items on my IMAP folder (not locally, or at least IN ADDITION to locally). Every time I send mail, it only goes into my local sent items folder, and not my imap server folder "sent items." HELP! anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi there, > Someone PLEASE tell me how to get Outlook 2003 to save my > sent items on my IMAP folder (not locally, or at least IN > ADDITION to locally). Every time I send mail, it only > goes into my local sent...

email sent but stays in outbox and doesn't appear in sent items folder
a client of mine has the problem that the email is sent correctly but is not copied to the sent items folder instead it stays in the outbox. yes, the option "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" is checked. Outlook is configured to leave all messages on the server but this shouldn't affect the sent mails. maybe I have to tell, that the version of Outlook is a 2002 BETA but all updates and SPs are installed. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this buggy behavior or can someone confirm that is was a bug in the BETA... any hints welcome and appreciated ...

Outbox to Sent Items?
Exactly what happens with Exchange between the user pressing send on a message causing it to appear in the outbox and the message being moved to the Sent Items folder? (Note:Direct connect to Exchange absolutely no offline folders used.) What part of exchange handles this? and what might cause it to fail? What version of Exchange? >-----Original Message----- >Exactly what happens with Exchange between the user pressing send on a >message causing it to appear in the outbox and the message being moved to >the Sent Items folder? (Note:Direct connect to Exchange absolut...

sent items #3
when i click on my sent items all emails appear to be sent to myself instead of the recipent. please help ...

Sent Items folder only goes back 9 months.
Hi, I am new to Exchange Admin. Using Outlook, some of our staff notice that the emails in their Sent Items folder only goes back 9 months, whereas the Inbox goes back years. I want to remove the limit on the Sent Items folders. Where do I do this? Any help appreciated. Regards On 14 Mar 2007 05:26:40 -0700, "Control Freq" <nick@nhthomas.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > >Hi, >I am new to Exchange Admin. >Using Outlook, some of our staff notice that the emails in their Sent >Items folder only goes back 9 months, whereas the Inbox goes back >years. > >I wa...

'message not sent' flag in Sent Items folder
Getting this after successfully sending mail. I think it's not sending initially, then tries again and sends but doesn't change the flag. Autosaves unsent copies in Drafts every 10 minutes. Anyone know if there is a service pack fix that addresses this? I haven't been able to find. ...

Email not in sent items folder
Using Outlook 2000, when sending an email from Word or Excel using File --> Send --> As Attachment, email is sent fine, but does not show up in Sent Items folder. Help! Do you have save a copy in the sent folder turned on, under options. >-----Original Message----- >Using Outlook 2000, when sending an email from Word or >Excel using File --> Send --> As Attachment, email is sent >fine, but does not show up in Sent Items folder. Help! >. > Yep, it's checked. >-----Original Message----- >Do you have save a copy in the sent folder turned on, >u...

Sent Items from another mailbox
I have a mailbox set-up (mailbox A) and have full permissions and permissions to send from another mailbox (mailbox B). While logging on as Mailbox A and sending something from mailbox B the message appears in sent items of mailbox A. Is there anyway I can send something from mailbox B and while logged in as Mailbox A and have the message appear in the sent items folder of Mailbox B. I hope this hasn't confused anyone. ...

Sent items 04-28-10
How do I get them sorted in date order within addressee -- Giles I don't think you can specify sort orders for more than one column at a time. However, if you sort the To: column in ascending order, it appears that the messages are sorted by ascending date, and vice versa. At least mine are. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Giles" <Giles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28B20903-F3FA-4D13-9E18-1E3C910E1E03@microsoft.com... > How do I get them sorted in date order within addressee ...

Sent Mail does not store in Sent Items folder?
Outlook 2003 Sent emails are not being stored in the Sent Items folder? It is checked under email options-> Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder. Any help appreciated. Thanks. -Mike Mike Olin <Molin@AmericanProfile.com> wrote: > Sent emails are not being stored in the Sent Items folder? > > It is checked under email options-> Save copies of messages in Sent > Items folder. Are any items in that folder right now? If so, how many? -- Brian Tillman Yes. There are items from 5/17 back, but not forward, approximately 340 emails? I tried recreating the loc...