Find/Replace command in Windows Live Mail

Does anyone know if the Find/Replace command is available in Live Mail. I
cannot find it.  If not, does anyone know of a suitable solution for that
"will be missed" command.

No, it's not. If you need to use Find/Replace, select all the text and 'cut' it.
Then paste into Notepad where you can do the Find/Replace. When done,
paste the result back into your email message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"LouiseL"  wrote in message news:8C2EDC90-74F5-4D16-948F-461EACB0F3C3@microsoft.com...

Does anyone know if the Find/Replace command is available in Live Mail. I
cannot find it.  If not, does anyone know of a suitable solution for that
"will be missed" command.

0
Gary

Outlook Live import
I expect it's a missing feature of Outlook Live but the ability to import and export is unavailable. Does anyone know of an easy way to import mail from Thunderbird. Many thanks, Richard outlook live does not support importing or exporting -- "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with the computer. "It never does quite what I want." "I wish Christopher Robin were here." "Richard Chamberlain" <Richard Chamberlain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F040A2C3-783E-4082-9857-AE0949D5DDA8@microsoft.com... >I expect it...

Once user is created in active directory, it cannot find name in o
I have recently had to create a new user in Active directory and for some time it has been working well but today it seems that I cannot link the new user to Outlook. It keeps coming up with an error saying that "the name could not be matched in the list" I have had this problem in the past but was told to update the recipient list, which I have done but it still does not seem to replicate. I know the account exists because it is in our distribution lists but not in the global list or when trying to link to the server. I understand that it may take time to replicate but I am...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...

Excel and Windows Live Mail
Hi all I update my Mail add-in and VBA code examples to avoid the error if you use Windows Live Mail as your default mail program. More information in the blog post : http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2010/04/25/windows-live-mail-wlm-and-excel-problem-part-two/ If you have problems let me know so I can update the code/add-in if needed Thanks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Multithreading and accessing window pointer from thread
Hello All, There has been a lot discussion on this group about MFC Multithreading. Still I want to make sure one thing about How to access Window Pointer within thread I am passing Window handle as lParam of thread and want to access window pointer from thread, Code is like this void CMainFrame::StartThread() { AfxBeginThread(ThreadProc,this->m_hwnd); } UINT ThreadProc (LPVOID lpParam) { HWND hWnd = (HWND)lpParam; CMainFrame *pFrameWnd = (CMainFrame*)CWnd::FromHandle(hWnd); if(pFrameWnd && pFrameWnd->GetSafeHWnd()) { BOOL bFlag = pFrameWnd->m_bFlag; pFram...

Exporting Junk E-mail Senders
Here's a funky question that I can't figure out the solution. Is there a way to export junk and adult content e-mail senders so that I can keep Outlook filtering the same addresses both at home and at the office? Thanks. ...

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

custom toolbar commands disappear
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I spent 2 hours adding and removing commands from the toolbar and now they are gone. It's back to the default. Is this because I'm on a trial? ...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

Exchange outbound mail
Hi Exchange Users, i'm new to exchange and wondering if you can help. MS Exchange is working fine but there is a minor thing with the outgoing side if things. Can i configure Exchange to sent mail to my Domain Providers SMTP Server ? (belive you can since it could be done in Exchange Server 5.5) I use POP Beamer to download from my Domain Providers POP3 server and forwards to the Exchange Server. specify your Domain Provider's SMTP server as a smart host "Steven Jones" <steven45@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9595AB1002D8Csteven45ntlworldcom@194.168.222...

Outlook changes mail settings
I have two questions. 1. Every time I reboot my computer I have to go to outlook and change the settings (the username and the pop server). Is there a solution for this? 2. I am getting about 20 email that say they are from microsoft and they contain viruses I do not open then and I do not have any viruses on my computer, I have scanned about 20 times and have not found anything. I have also followed the steps from my antivirues software on removing the SWEN_A virus and there is nothing there. Is there away to get these email to stop other then changing email? (I love my email address)...

My IMAP Inbox is showing in calendars, not in the mail folder
Help. This is driving me mad. When I click on the IMAP master folder in the mail view I don't see my inbox. It's in the calendar view and I want to move it back. any help gratefully received. Adam ...

where can I find the database schema?
and further info about what happens when a transaction occurs? I downloaded the sdk but didnt' see much in there regarding this. Anyone know? Thanks Hi Not sure you can, w/o the customisation guide - which is a closely guarded secret. If you are a strong database person the best thing to do is to run SQL Profiler that comes with SQL Server 2000. It will log pretty well everything that happens. You still will have to figure out the schema yourself but you will see what is going into what tables. JPH On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:59:39 -0700, D <Dave@nothing.net> wrote: ...

WSS Email notification is not sending the e-mails
The email notification is set on for my lists. This should send an e-mail whenever the owner is assigned, but we get no e-mails. We're using an "Assigned to" field, thinking this is the owner. Is this correct or do I need something else? Thanks ...

HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (thought XP Home didn't like 160gb) and, after a few MS updates, every time I boot the system it shows the DESKTOP, the bottom left of the TaskBar and NOTHING on bottom-right. Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor to TaskBar area... cursor turns in...

DPM 2010 RC and Windows 2008/R2 System Protection
I have DPM 2010 RC (Fresh Install w/ SQL) backing up our Exchange 2010, AD, and Hyper-V R2 servers. All has been working fine except for last couple of days none of the servers are backing up 'System Protection'. Bare Metal Recovery and System State is failing on each protected server. Here is the error message: "DPM failed to create the backup. If you are backing up only System State, verify if there is enough free space on the protected server to store the System State backup. On protected server running Windows 2008 Server operating system, verify that the ...

blocking mail
Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to >have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >. >Yes, Create folder called "Accepted Email" then using Message Rules, set it so that any email that is "From" (choose everyone in your address book) goes into the "Accepted Email" folder. Then check In Box to see if anyone you know might have new email address. In reverse you could choose to have ...

replacement for favorites command in Excel 2007
In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this possibility of saving files locations just disappeared? Hi Kv, > In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That > allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available > in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this > possibility of saving files locations just d...

Windows Mail
Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer sent for outgoing mail at five minutes. The outing blue bar moves real slow and when it gets about three quarters for finishing it stops and says server stopped working. What is the size of this file? Please post the error message verbatim. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Walter Chimack" <WalterChimack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7248DDC-9599-47AD-8447-482203F6C2D7@microsoft.com... > Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer...

2 gigabytes of mail on my personal home computer
i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run slowly under outlook. what should i do? will archiving reduce my .pst file? how can i make my 2003 outlook run faster. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:41:02 -0800, "Paul Sandoval" <Paul Sandoval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate >after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run >slowly under outlook. what should i do? Wel...

Having problems with window sizing on a protected workbook
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have some questions. I created a workbook for my shop that basically has simple macr functions that take you from sheet to sheet. The problem I'm having is when I protect the workbook, then re-open th workbook the window that displays the info is too small and is coverin some comments and a little text. How do I resize this window to suit my needs? Thanks Jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what window do you mean? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > I'm new to the forum and have some qu...

Finding the Last Value in a Range
Excel 2000 I have the following data: Cell Value A1 5055 A2 5047 A3 5044 A4 A5 5039 A6 5037 A7 5032 A8 5028 A9 5026 A10 A11 5019 A12 5014 A13 5017 A14 5021 A15 A16 A17 A18 A19 A20 A21 Formula The column starts out empty and the values are entered one day at a time. The formula at the bottom of the column needs to always return the value in the last non-blank cell in the A1..A20 range. For example, after the first day, when only cell A1 is filled in, the formula s...

to shut down windows by ending a vb.net program
Is it possible to run a vb.net program and when it ends (there are many calculations) to shut down windows(for me windows 7)in the program in the last program line? And how to do this? Thanks for any response andrews wrote: > Is it possible to run a vb.net program and when it ends (there are many > calculations) to shut down windows(for me windows 7)in the program in > the last program line? > And how to do this? > Thanks for any response Windows 7 may be different, but I doubt it. http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030366.html From the U...