Extra/incorrect names in "To" address drop-down list

After you have sent emails to recipients, Windows Mail "remembers" the
names/email addresses.  Unfortunately, if you send an email using an
incorrectly typed email address it remembers it also.  Therefore, when you
type the first letter of the recipient you are sending a message, both the
incorrect and correct address appears, which can be troublesome if the
incorrect address is not apparent.  How do you remove the incorrect address
from the drop-down?  Thanks in advance.

"lawdog1881" <lawdog1881@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After you have sent emails to recipients, Windows Mail "remembers" the
> names/email addresses.  Unfortunately, if you send an email using an
> incorrectly typed email address it remembers it also.  Therefore, when you
> type the first letter of the recipient you are sending a message, both the
> incorrect and correct address appears, which can be troublesome if the
> incorrect address is not apparent.  How do you remove the incorrect
> address
> from the drop-down?  Thanks in advance.

See:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/264/1/Utility-to-clear-recently-used-email-addresses-in-Windows-Mail.html

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clear-the-email-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac

How do I get a list button to be displayed?
I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... color code it? "Phil" wrote: > I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not > appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... > > Yes tried that and of course I can then see where the list is but is there an option where u can select that the buttons remain in view ( a bit like filers...) thanks "Mike" wrote: > color code it? > > "Phil&q...

07; how to disassociate multilevel list from a heading style?
Hi all, I am trying to figure out a way to disassociate a multilevel list from Heading 1, Heading 2, etc in Word 07. I have been trying to deal with this both through styles and also through multilevel list but cannot find a way to break the connection between the heading and the multilevel list. Its as though once the connection is made it cannot be undone, which is absurd. There must be a way but I have been all over the internet today searching for how its done with no joy. Can anyone help me? I'll laugh if its one of those issues where the answer is staring me right i...

Powershell 2 new features
Hi all, just wondering whether there is a list of new features for v2. Ideally something more verbose than http://huddledmasses.org/whats-new-in-powershell-2/ and less then having to read the whole help file and having to filter v1 stuff. Many thanks, R. (Google isn't being very helpful today.) This might help: PS>help about_Windows_PowerShell_2.0 Marco "radski" <radski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42EDAAF-F3EE-4858-8722-AAEAB6715BDD@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > just wondering whether there is a list of new...

auto complete of addresse
I was wondering if outlook 2002 has a feature for auto complete of addressee. Outlook doesn't do auto-complete. It has a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you can right click on the name to manually resolve it. Outlook will save the resolution for future use. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, a...

No Devices Listed in ActiveSync Web Admin Tool
I installed the ActiveSync Web Admin tool last week and no devices are showing up. We have multiple devices in our organization that are using ActiveSync to connect, so I don't understand why none are showing up. I haven't been able to find any documentation on it. We have Exchange 2003 SP2. Any info passed along is appreciated! Thanks! -Beau are you doing a search against the users alias? That is how they show up. "Beau" <none@no.ne> wrote in message news:uTjBSJdTGHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I installed the ActiveSync Web Admin tool last week and...

Does Windows store a list of installed updates?
Hi, I am going to be fitting a larger drive to my PC and am going to be taking the opportunity to do a clean install. I have the Windows XP home CD with SP2 included and I will need to know which updates to download so that I can slipstream a CD/DVD with all the necessary up-to-date drivers. Does Windows store a list of the updates and if so, where? Many thanks Gerald Gerald Bramwell wrote: > Hi, > > I am going to be fitting a larger drive to my PC and am going to be > taking the opportunity to do a clean install. I have the Windows XP home > CD with ...

Advice on tool to export email lists to html
Hi all, I've looked around and found a couple shareware type applications that will export email distribution lists from Exchange (2003) to html. We have a number of users that are running Linux as their desktop and therefore unable to use Outlook to get distribution list membership information. Looking for recommendations. Something that refreshes automatically, or can be scheduled is a plus! Thanks! If the Linux mail client supports LDAP address books (not sure what they are using for a mail client), it would be far easier to configure the mail client to talk to AD and get th...

vb code to copy and list selected row to diff sheets
I am working with workbook with 30sheets for each day x each worksheet having same headers and colmuns x I want to copy selected rows to corresponding sheets with different name . eg. date name details amount type 13feb kk ccj/dxb 1300 inv 14feb pv ccj/auh 1200 alh I would like to copy first row to a sheet named inv and second row to sheet names alh. can u adv me the code to be used -- pvkkutty new to discussion group however a freequent reader of discussion group posts Try the below code with all the sheets... Sub CopyRowstoDifferentSheets() Dim wb As Workbook...

List Box not saving to bound field.
Using Access 2007. I’ll try to describe my issue as detailed as possible. I’ve got a form with tblComplaints as its “Record Source”. One Combo Box cboBookingID, on the form uses the below query as a “Row Source” and is bound to tblComplaints.BookingID . SELECT tblCRMBookingIDs.booking_id, tblCRMBookingIDs.BookingDate FROM tblCRMBookingIDs ORDER BY tblCRMBookingIDs.BookingDate DESC; I have the following [Event Procedure] on the “After Update” of cboBookingID. Private Sub cboBookingID_AfterUpdate() Me.cboServiceIssue.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCT tblCRMInvoicedBooking.it...

Changes to Addressing Templates
I've looked all over Technet but I think I need a class in "how to find things on Technet." Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction... Long story short, the Addressing template/generator in our test environment has been incorrectly set up so that the test accounts get the same email addresses as our production accounts. I need to change it so that new accounts created in the test forest get a different set of SMTP addresses. I used to know how to do this but I have forgotten! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! You're looking for "rec...

Creating Buttons to navigate and drop down menus
Hi I need to create buttons so i can navigate from one sheet to the other inside a workbook, is there some kind of form tool to do this with? Also i need to create a drop down menu, again a form tool?? Many Thanks in advanced, Ryan Hi Ryan Maybe ? Ctrl Page Up and Ctrl Page Down > Also i need to create a drop down menu, again a form tool?? right click on the arrows on the left of your first tab -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "ryan_dude" <ryandude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18806CC0-E7F2-4874-AE3E-DF86A5FE8457@microsoft.com....

How to search by ip address in vista?
I have 4 pc''s on my network. UNfortunately 1 is vista. I can ping the other 3 pcs in vista but i cannot see/connect to them them. How the hell do you search by ip address in vista?. In xp youi simply right click on network and search. I cannot find anyway to do this in vista. thanks On 19 Mar 2010, Mike <me@privacy.net> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I have 4 pc''s on my network. UNfortunately 1 is vista. Why "unfortunately"? Vista is just about as good or bad at networking as XP and Windows 7. > I can ...

Top N list with "all others"
Greetings all, I wish to evaluate a list of customers. I have 500 orders from approximately 30 unique customers. I wish to create a list such as "Top Ten" and then place the remainin 20 or so in a row called "All others" and have their count noted. In my Pivot Table I have a row field called "customers" and the dat field is "Count of customers" For those of you that are "Intuit Quicken" users you might know what mean. When you graph expenses, the top 10 categories are shown wit the last category being called "All other" with this ...

desktop shortcuts to another user's task list?
Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003, Windows 2000/XP I would like to be able to put a shortcut on a user's desktop to another person's shared task list. Is this possible? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, Jason Gallas asked: | Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003, Windows 2000/XP | | I would like to be able to put a shortcut on a user's desktop to | another person's share...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses..."
Since installing the latest security upgrade for Office XP Professional, when I make any changes in Outlook with my iPAQ connected (ActiveSync 3.7.1), I get the following message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook" This goes on to ask if I will opt to grant access or not. This does this with changes to other Outlook functions other than those having to do with "e-mail addresses" I have scanned for viruses. I have searched the knowledge base. Any suggestions? Thanks, John Albus Isn't it simply a matter of your pda...

name changes to linked workbooks
of I have several workbooks that are linked together. I want to save all them with slightly different names (to show different versions) and make sure the individual cells will update with the new names/paths. I've tried it once and the cells did not seem to update. Any advice is welcome. 3putt, (Does that mean you're a single or a double bogey?) Just make sure that all the workbooks are open when any of them are saved under different names. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "3putt" <3putt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC631497-0624-486C-8B65-8B578A53...

Popup at POS screen to list options for an item then add them to o
Hello everyone, We have a Spa retailer as a possible RMS prospect which has a special request. He would like that at the POS screen, when he pulls up a particular spa, that a screen will pop up showing the available options for that spa and have the ability at that point to add which options are chosen to the order without exiting the pop-up screen. I need help from anyone that may know of an available add-on or if this needs to be a modification. I would appreciate any input on this one. Tks -- Pamela I don't think anyone has built an addon like this. If you don't have a ...

Automate Changing Table Name in Query
I have an Access database (several actually) where there are make table queries that have to be run every month and the table name has to be changed to reflect the month and year. ( ex. tableName_022007) I've built a form with a button that opens the query in design view to make it a little easier but I would like some way to have the name changed automatically each month so that all that needs to be done it to click the button. Any ideas? -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000, Office 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 In a normalized database, a tab...

Exporting PAB address book to text file with commas or tabs?
Is it possible to do this? I use a PAB file even though I'm in Outlook 2000 because it's a portable format so I can use wherever I go. Very handy. But I need to export these addresses so that I can use them in another email client. I've looked in the help and tried to do this, but the folders that one can navigate to are only the Outlook ones and not on the hdd. Can someone point me to a URL to learn how to do this in the special case of a PAB file? Thanks. For once, an extensive search brought something up. I found this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=252524 Thanks. ...

outlook mapi access. "A program is trying to access e-mail address
I have installed program which access outlook data via mapi and shows out information about some last e-mails. When this program starts to do this the outlook drops out message like: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" blablabla And there is possibility to allow for not more than 10 minutes. But I need to allow for whole working day. I'm sure that this program is not virus or worm. Can anybody help me with this? Win XP pro and outlook 2000 sr1 Suddenly a have no options to reinstall system or outlook I have ...

how to change the postmaster address??
hi people, doese anyone know how to change the 'postmaster@domainname' address that sends ndr's in exchange 5.5?? i have recently changed domain and the postmaster address still sends me ndr reports displaying the old domain name. all help appreciated folks ...

Need help to create a reference list
Hi, How can I create a list to be the reference to the data being entered by the users? The situation now is, the users are required to enter some data in column A. So I would like to create a list in a hidden sheet to compare the data entered in order to prevent they entered the wrong data or invalid data. (actually is like 1100, 1100(A), 1200...) If there is any unmatched data, then users have to enter the data again. I know can do with data validation drop-down list but what if I don't want to use drop-down list? Any suggestion of method to do this? Thanks for any help. --- M...

Forwarding email to external address.
I have several uses that I need to forward their mail to an external email along with them remaining in there inbox. These are people have Pocket PC phones from different vendors and I am not going to support different vendors software and open up ports. We are using exchange 2003 sp1 and outlook 2003 with all updated. Tried setting up a rule that stated forward all mail to that user to their internet email that is in their contacts. It did not work. Any ideas? On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:18:03 -0700, "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have several us...

How to delete automatic e-mail address?
Hello - How can I delete an incorrect (old) e-mail address that pops in the "to" field on messages? I keep grabbing the wrong one, and I no longer want the old one as an option. jbelles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello - How can I delete an incorrect (old) e-mail > address that pops in the "to" field on messages? I keep > grabbing the wrong one, and I no longer want the old one > as an option. Hover your mouse pointer over the wrong one (it should turn blue) and press Delete. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave....

Adding Email Addresses to a Public Folder in Exchnage
Hi, I wonder if anyone has a workaround for this. With a message open you can right click on the sender and select "Add to Outlook Contacts", I know all you end up with is the name and email address but I want to emulate that saving the information into an Exchange Public Folder. Does anyone know if that's possible, it's a very tedious process to get the information into a public folder of contacts otherwise. I know there a few utilities around that you can buy, like Add Email Address from SperrySoftware.com, but thought I would you guys first before shelling out the cash...