Error sending messages on Windows Mail

Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account.

Error message is as follows --

Unknown error has occurred -
Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net
Protocol: SMTP"
Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised
Port: 587
Secure (SSL): Yes
Server Error #0x800CCC65

(this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party)

I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message was
exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said -
Server Error #0x800CCC90

I get error message numberox800ccc19 I wonder why the sender participant
wont jot down the sending problem, and or correct ame.
"ill Myers" <Bill Myers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account.
>
> Error message is as follows --
>
> Unknown error has occurred -
> Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net
> Protocol: SMTP"
> Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised
> Port: 587
> Secure (SSL): Yes
> Server Error #0x800CCC65
>
> (this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party)
>
> I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message
> was
> exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said -
> Server Error #0x800CCC90

0
Gabriel
8/27/2010 1:28:51 AM
"Bill Myers" <Bill Myers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account.
>
> Error message is as follows --
>
> Unknown error has occurred -
> Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net
> Protocol: SMTP"
> Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised

Looks to me like you need to check if there's a way to
turn off use of the TLS feature, and if so, check if
doing that helps.

Robert Miles

0
Robert
8/27/2010 4:32:03 AM
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bill Myers"  wrote in message =

Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account.

Error message is as follows --

Unknown error has occurred -
Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net
Protocol: SMTP"
Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised
Port: 587
Secure (SSL): Yes
Server Error #0x800CCC65

(this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party)

I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message =
was
exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said -
Server Error #0x800CCC90=20

0
Gary

Document Viewer installer error

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

message delivery problems

Error 550 Relaying denied

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

OE autodelete OLD mail