error in receiving messages.

I started getting an error message last night when I  tryed to set my emails,
and am still getting the same message this morning. The message is as follows

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net',
Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What so I need to do.  Thanks, Bill

"bransn1" <bransn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I started getting an error message last night when I  tryed to set my
>emails,
> and am still getting the same message this morning. The message is as
> follows
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net',
> Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
> Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> What so I need to do.  Thanks, Bill

Ensure that your settings match those provided by Charter:
http://www.charter.com/customers/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=1417

The server names should be:
Incoming Email Server: pop.charter.net , (you have it set to
'mail.charter.net') ?
Outgoing Email Server: smtp.charter.net

Tools>accounts>select your account>properties button>server tab.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac

Send Receive Error #3
5:41 PM 10/8/2007 Microsoft Outlook 2003 stopped sending email. (I receive email messages just fine.) After I choose to send messages from the menu, the program attempts to send a message for � 30 seconds; then I get an error message:"Send Receive Error -- Click Here for Details". Then the error message disappears after about � second -- I cannot get details. How can I fix Outlook? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have Windows XP with SP2. ...

Event error 9549, duplicate SMTP proxy
Hello, Am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Win2003 SP1. Have Exchange 2003 co-existing with Exchange 2000 (which is shortly to be removed). My event log is getting filled up with 9549 errors of the following ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- source: msexchangeis EventID 9549 Type: Error An ambiguous SMTP proxy SystemMailbox{3427CDF7-BEB3-405B-A3CA-8DBB4630D6BF} was found on 0x2 mailboxes in the DS. The store cannot map this SMTP proxy to a unique Mailbox GUID. ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,Exchange SysR
Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,ExchangeInformationStore Service OR Both. I cant't get it to start lox disk space on that partition... ...

ROLLBACK on error
I would like that on error, the rollback of transaction is executed. But I don't wont to check @@error after each INSERT or some other statement. Is it possible to check it only at the end of the procedure? Otherwise I'll have hundreds of IF statetements to check after each insert or similar. In this example the first and last record remain in the table. Rollback is not executed, because I check @@error after last insert, which is successfull . thanks, Simon CREATE TABLE [dbo].[testTable]( [rowID] [tinyint] NOT NULL, [rowValue] [varchar](50) NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [...

Macro to change flag reminder date +/or time on many messages at once?
This is one I haven't tried to fix before. I have a special use for Outlook. Besides regular messages, I send myself "To Do's" to and from home marked with a special phrase when it's a To Do that has rules that mark it with a flag, etc. In either work or home, a lot of those To Do's need to be deferred to a different time or day. It's been tedious as I have to change each manually. Now I made it easier some time ago by putting a flag option right on the toolbar so at least I don't have to open each message. The preview pane is on for this folder and I th...

"Rules in Error" #2
I have set up folders with rules in my inbox, to have emails from specific users go directly to specific folders. It seems that somehow a rule must have gotten corrupt and now it no longer works, instead I gets this message each time I opens Outlook (and sometime when the messages are coming in.) It is an error message, "Rules in Error", the rule "Server-Requested Client Action", the error "Move Copy, Unable to create dest msg." I've gone into the modify section of the "Organize" feature, and removed all of my rules. However the problem still exist...

duplicate email messages
Is anyone aware of any settings in Outlook Express V6 that cause messages received and sent to be duplicated? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgrou...

Error connecting to SMTP Exchange 2003
HI All, Recently I received this error when I connect Outlook express to the Exchange server 2003. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'V_E_R@tcl.com.ph', Server: 'MAILSERVER', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I received this error when I checked if my server is an open relay. I look into KB and found there to secure my relay with System Manager > Server > Protocols > STMP > Deafault SMTP V...

Deleted Rules causing Errors
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Yesterday I set up a rule to pick up emails with a certain subject line, and place it in a newly created folder. <br><br>It quickly became apparent that all mail coming into my Inbox was being moved to this folder. I checked the rule, and didn't see anything untowards happening. However, as it kept happening I deleted the rule. <br><br>This resulted, still, in email being placed into the folder created specifically for the rule. When I went back into the Rul...

run time error '-2147023170 (800706be)
I am getting this error when I never received it before in office 03. My local client was upgraded to office 07 and Win7 and now I get the above error or runtime 462. The error occurs at B.CloseCurrentDatabase. The other code works however I would like to close the database at the end of performing the tasks. This worked fine and faster in office 03. Sub DMRList() Dim B As Object Set B = CreateObject("Access.Application") B.Visible = False B.OpenCurrentDatabase ("G:\Robert\Compliance Shell\QADBASE_MASTER_20091207....

unresolved external error
hi, can anybody help me. ************i have header file like************ typedef enum _SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY { SIM_API_DATA_FORMAT_ERROR = 1, SIM_API_INVALID_DATA = 2, SIM_API_MEMORY_ERROR = 3, SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR = 4, ............................. }; class CSimTrace { public: ............ CSimString & GetErrorDescription(_SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY ErrorCategory = SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR, LPCTSTR szStringConst = NULL, DWORD dwExtra = 0); ............ }; inline CSimString ERROR_DESCRIPTION(_SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY ErrorCategory = SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR, LPCTSTR szStringConst = NU...

Run-time Error 2585: Unable to Close Form
Hi, I need some help here, no matter what I do I can not close the FS form. On my FS For I have on single text box (tlogin) and I am using the Enter event to to some "systems checks" then launch the Main Form (FMAIN) Private Sub tlogin_Enter() On Error GoTo Err_Command_tlogin_Enter If IsNull(Me.tlogin) = True Then Exit Sub End If var_user = Me.tlogin 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON TC If emp_is_tc(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON TC 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON DBA If emp_is_dba(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON DBA, EXIT SU...

protecting messages
How do I prevent individual email messages from deletion Vivc wrote: > How do I prevent individual email messages from deletion You don't get to control what someone does on their property with their software to which you sent them a message over which you no longer have control. If you are asking about how to prevent your own mistakes in deleting messages in your copy of Outlook, well, there exists a prompt by default to ask you if you really want to permanently delete a message. The normal "delete" isn't a delete at all. It merely *moves* the item into ...

CreateSQLTmpTable Error
Could someone please assist us in resolving the following error which is affecting our accounting production of MS GP. Please help! ERROR: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. This issue is covered in the following KB Articles: - KB 852594 - Error "Stored Procedure Creating SQL TMP Table DBMS: 12 eEnterprise: 0" https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;852594 - KB 861268 - You receive a "The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results...

Create calndr.w / Pub. 2003. Am Prompted to install feature..I get error 2211 ->
When I try to create a Calender with Publisher 2003 it Prompts me saying: "Publisher cannot run this wizard.This feature is not currently installed.Would you like to install it now?" I click "Yes" and I receive Error: " ERROR 2211. An Internal error has occurred. "Registry" " Any Help on this would be greatly appreciated....As it is driving me nuts!!! :) Thank's in Advance.... Nate. L -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Try this Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. In the ...

Error message
When I open Excel and Word I always get an error message saying - "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library". What does this mean and how can I stop it from appearing every time? Many thanks!! A framework library error usually means that one of the updates went wrong. Reapply the latest update, and the problem should disappear. Did you perform the update manually by downloading the updater from the Mactopia website, or did you run Microsoft AutoUpdate? -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:Mac (Entourage & Word) ***Always reply to...

Leave a copy of messages on the server? Won't Receive
I was wondering if this was possible. I want to receive the emails through Outlook, but I also want to keep them on the server for backups. For some reason when I check the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" Outlook stops receiving the emails. Can someone explain to me what's wrong? I suspect you have posted this on the wrong newgroup. Try the one which is dedicated to Outlook. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 22/01/10 08:45, Brian wrote: > I was wondering if this was possible. I want to receive the emails through > Outlook, but I also want...

System Standby Failed & .Net Framework v1.0.3705 message
I am getting a "System Standby Failed" error message. This pops up on it's own. The full length message is: The service 'Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0.3705 Update' is preventing the machine from entering standby. Try stopping this service and try again. Except for a Windows udpate that came through recently I can't think of anything that's changed. How do I correct this? See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (1-866-727-23...

Receive immediate NDR when sending email from OL2002
Updated W2K Pro via the update site. Upgraded to IE6. After reboot, am unable to send email. Recive an immediate NDR. The NDR gives no error message. The event viewer also has no errors. Am able to PING the POP3 sever and the SMTP server. When in services and we test the email account, all goes well until it tries to send mail. That is the only failure. The error states to check the email address field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dale Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file (prefera...

Error in Installation of MS CRM
Hi i am new to MSCRM, I was trying to install MSCRM, while i installing i got an error which is "Activating Sql Server Reporting Service Failed. Specified Reporting Services Report Server http://SCHN30MSCRM04/Report Server was not found, please give me a solution to install CRM, Thank you Is Reporting Service installed? if it is, is it up and running correctly, can you access http://servername/reportserver or http://servername/reports ? Good point S.R. and make sure the reports page can be accessed both on and off the server. "S.R." wrote: > Is ...

Entourage Error Message #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to open Entourage i get the following error message. YOU DO NOT HAVE WRITE ACCESS TO THE ENTOURAGE FOLDER. TO RUN ENTOURAGE YOU MUST HAVE THE ADMINISTRATIVE REMOVE THE IDENTITIES FOLDER FROM THE APPLICATION FOLDER. I also get the following error when running Word or Excel. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE OFFICE DATABASE. I have tried to repair the database but the database repair option errors. I have also re-installed Office and upgraded to Office 2008-1212. Any help would be great. Thanks "David_T@o...

Error sending meeting request in outlook.....HELP
Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x80004005-0x000501]. Any help is appreciated. Thanks On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:03:13 -0500, "Christi" <chess@nospam.gibraltardesign.com> wrote: >Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. > >This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or >contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is >[0x80004005-0x8000...

Font for composing messages won't change
I am using Office 2000 premium suite Outlook 2000 Word 2000 Word is email editor. I seem to be stuck with Arial 10 point as default. How can I change this? Someone told me to change the Word email template, but I don't know where that template is stored (or what it is called) Steve Ok, first launch a new e-mail in your Word editor. Click down in th message area, then click on the "Format" button on your menu bar. Choose "Font." Select the font and size (color, etc.) you would lik in this box, then click the "Default" button at the bottom right of th d...

e-mail error will not send
i have a problem with my e-mail, it says: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.dc1.adelphia.net', Server: 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E i'm not sure what to do, please help me When you have Norton Antivirus to scan every incoming e- mail it will change your pop3 server configuration to pop3.norton.antivirus when that's not really your mail server. Go to the Tools Menu, E-mail Accounts, View or Change E- mail Accounts, Select the default e-mail account and cli...

Outlook receive issue
Hi, I am using outlook 2000 to send and receivie messages.I am able to send out messages but not being able to receive messages automatically. I have tried to click on send and receive. The windows pop up and say that the transaction is completed successfully but I did not receive the messages actually. I have to manually click on tool > send and received > my account then the messages will arrive into my inbox. How can I resume the auto receive messages funtion? Thanks a million! MWGP ...