Emails disappeared yesterday

Yesterday, I had a problem with my computer freezing.  I restarted it, pulled
up Windows Mail and all of the sudden the emails from the last month were
gone.  The left sidebar was changed also.  I had folders set for emails from
from certain companies which also disappeared. Does anyone have any idea how
to get this back?

Did you try rebooting a couple of times?
Also, try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"AMD" <AMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Yesterday, I had a problem with my computer freezing.  I restarted it, =
pulled=20
> up Windows Mail and all of the sudden the emails from the last month =
were=20
> gone.  The left sidebar was changed also.  I had folders set for =
emails from=20
> from certain companies which also disappeared. Does anyone have any =
idea how=20
> to get this back?
0
Gary

Birthday reminder email
Hi all, I have no idea how to create 'Birthday greeting email' to contacts in CRM automatically by workflow. Is there anybody who can share the detailed steps? Thanks Sean Hong On Jun 13, 11:58=A0am, Sean Hong <Sean H...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have no idea how to create 'Birthday greeting email' to contacts in CRM > automatically by workflow. > Is there anybody who can share the detailed steps? > > Thanks > Sean Hong http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/01/08/part-1-happy-birthday-via-work= flow-using-client-side-s...

Can I get MS Outlook to download emails from BTY boxes other than the Inbox?
I have set up filters on my BT Yahoo account (web mail?) to ensure that messages I want aren't trapped by SPAM filters etc, and these get diverted to a folder I have created in my BTY account. Can I get MS Outlook to download these messages, i.e. download from my BTY Inbox as now and also the BTY folder I have created? If so how? TIA. Chris. Chris Mitchell wrote: > I have set up filters on my BT Yahoo account (web mail?) to ensure that > messages I want aren't trapped by SPAM filters etc, and these get diverted > to a folder I have created in my BTY account. > ...

Test Email Flow
I want to b setup a way to test to see if mail is flowing. I am wondering if i could set it up so an email can be sent out of my network and a reply comes back in. I would like to setup this up to happen every 30 minutes so we can ensure that mail is flowing at all times. Please help. Thanks in advance mikee wrote: > I want to b setup a way to test to see if mail is flowing. I am wondering if > i could set it up so an email can be sent out of my network and a reply comes > back in. I would like to setup this up to happen every 30 minutes so we can > ensure that mail is flow...

Can Outlook POP3 be configured not to download "read" emails from my ISP?
I am reconfiguring Outlook on a new machine, and I already have my original Outlook PST mounted in Outlook. I want to recreate my POP settings in Outlook on the new machine, but I don't want to connect to my ISP and have it download all my "read" emails that I keep on the server, simply because Outlook doesn't see them as already being in the local PST, and loading my PST with duplicate emails. Is this doable? Robert Gordon <rgordon@nospam.wovensystems.com> wrote: > I am reconfiguring Outlook on a new machine, and I already have my > original Outlook PST...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

Why is there an attachment (editdata.mso) to emails I send out?
All of a sudden, people who get emails from me also get an attachment (editdata.mso) to the email. I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2003 for years and this has never happened. My operating system is Windows Vista. Gloria <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > All of a sudden, people who get emails from me also get an attachment > (editdata.mso) to the email. I have been using Microsoft Outlook > 2003 for years and this has never happened. My operating system is > Windows Vista. It sounds like Word's "Normal" template has been modified. With Wor...

Auto forward doesn't work for email sent to distribution list
Hi there, When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve this problem??? Many thanks in advance, Lex. Define "auto forward". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08428C3D-3227-4705-8...

Recieved email with yellow comment above the "From"??
I received an email this morning... in it, the sender had inserted a customized yellow comment above the "from:", "to:" ... etc... It was in the same area that when you reply to a message, it states the date and time of the reply and prompts you to click to find all other related messages. Any ideas how he had done that? Thanks, JB JB, it was probably a message flag. If you open any e-mail message, you should see the little red flag button on the toolbar (Outlook 97-2002; 2003 is a little different, I think). If you click it, the Flag for Follow Up dialog box will ...

transferring emails from Outlook express 5 to Outlook 2002
Can anyone please help. I tried to import messages from Outlook express 5 to Outlook 2002. However after importing, many of my messages had wrong receipt dates! The import process changed the dates of the messages to current date and time. As a result, i can no longer sort the messages by dates. did anyone face this problem before? Any solutions? ...

opmlog.log Email logging
On a basic XP Pro machine (with all MS patches, etc.) with Outlook 2003, I enabled the "Enable mail logging (troubleshooting)" option under Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options. There is an OPMLOG.LOG file under c:\temp, which is apparently the wrong location. Also, the log only shows activity related to Outlook starting up and shutting down - nothing in between. Anyone know why there's nothing in the log and/or why it's in c:\temp?? Thanks in advance for any feedback! ...

Email hyperlink does not open explorer
Hi, When I click on a hyperlink inside an email (Outlook 2000) the system does not open Internet explorer (IE 6). Nothing at all happens. Any ideas ? Douglas Lund <lundd@fihrst.com> wrote: > When I click on a hyperlink inside an email (Outlook 2000) the system > does not open Internet explorer (IE 6). Nothing at all happens. Try this: In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Drag Email into Access Form
As a way of monortoing Email useage i would like to be able to drag an email from Outlook into a memo field on an access form. Currently it only drags the header, how do i get the body of the email message dragged across as well? ...

OWA-Outlook-Open Email
I access my email at work using "OWA". It seems out of the blue | can no longer open an email to read it. But I can move from box t | box and even delete emails but I simply can't open one to read it no | can I compose an email. I do not have a pop-blocker. An | information would be appreciated. I also have full virus protection | My wife who logs into to her email at work with the same method i | having the same problem. And of course if I go to the local interne | cafe everything works fine. Help! Since you can use OWA normally when you go to a cafe, I would uninst...

Outlook 2000 How to forward emails
I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my address book. Is there a way to entering this filter? Paul On 13 Apr 2004 19:04, "Paul S" <ps@noreply.hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM >emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a >filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my >address book. Is there a wa...

Email Message Integrity
Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I find out if the original email has not been compromised? Ask the original author? "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05182F64-41DB-43DA-997A-ADD743ECEFF7@microsoft.com... : Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I : find out if the original email has not been compromised? you would have to compare it with the original. Wayne wrote: > Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I > f...

Paste a range of cells in the body of an email
I have been trying to get the code to work for copying a range of cells and pasting it into the body of an email I am using excel 2007 and Lotus Notes 7.0.2 My current code works kinda sorta. It will copy and paste the text into the body of an email. But it does not open a new email it replys to a email that is in my in box. It also sends an email but it is a blank email. I would do just an attachment but the department I need to send the email to says they can not open the attachment........... Anyone have code that can do this? thanks Marie All you ever need to know ...

why do my .pdf and .doc email attachments arrive as winword
When I send out an email with a .pdf or .doc attachment to several people there are always a few that receive the attachment as "winword" and are unable to open it. When they send it back to me it comes back as I sent it out. You don't mention what type of e-mail client these folks use, but when in doubt, set your message format to plain text since there are folks out there are solution out there that can't support the "Rich Text" format that Outlook uses. If using an older version of Outlook (Outlook 97/2003), you also may want to disable Microsoft...

Can I move an old user's email to a public folder?
I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our business. Is this possible? Thank you in advance. Frank On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:47:02 -0700, Zach <zach@news.postalias> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to >a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is >disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our >bu...

OL2000 Text disappears for certain recipients
Hello, There's been a problem the last few days with the Outlook 2000 in the office I work. Certain users will reply to emails, but only most of the recipients will be to read the reply. Some just see the original message, with the reply text at the top completely gone. This is kind of nerve wrecking, since it's intermittent and not predictable. None of the Outlooks are formatted with rich text, and we use an ISP's email service. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and the OS's are either Win 2000 or XP. Thanks! ...

Email with gif backround not received
Hello, I posted earlier about some emails not being received. I've narrowed this down now to those with a background gif file such as ivy.gif. When sent without the .gif file the email arrives. Add the .gif file and it doesn't. I can't see anything here that has changed or says block emails with gif backgrounds. Any ideas anybody?? See ya, Phiz Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Email address book security
Thanks for reading this postig. I'm running Outlook 2003 and have recently experienced a new prompt popping when I compose a new email. The prompt says - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus etc..... Allow access for xx minutes It seemed to conicide with loading the latest release of Adobe Acrobat 6. I've disabled all the Adobe tool bars etc in Outlook in attempt to stop this. Does anyone else experience this? I would to completely turn this off. Is there a reg key that will...

Outlook 2002 auto inserting email address
When I use Outlook 2002 to attach a document, spreadsheet or presentation to an email message, Outlook sticks four items in the document's File | Properties | Custom dialog box. They're called: _AdHocReviewCycleID _AuthorEmail _AuthorEmailDisplayName _EmailSubject I see this as an invasion of my privacy. how can I stop Outlook and all other office XP products from doing this? You can control the "Automatic Review" option off in Outlook by going to Tools/Options/Preferences/Email Options/Advanced Email Options and turning off "Add properties to attachments to enabl...

Pasting an Outlook '07 email message item/object in a Word '07 doc
Is there a way to paste an Outlook '07 email message item/object into a Word '07 document? If in Outlook, you use File>Save to save the message as an Outlook message, you can then select and copy that .msg file and paste it into a Word document. Then in the Word document, if you double click on the message, it will open as an Outlook message. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

I cant get my email through aol on outlook
I set up my accounts while using outlook but I cant send emails, or recieve any emails without going to other on line sites such as aol, hotmail, I have checked and re-checked but still unable to send or recieve any emails Need more info - what version of OUTLOOK ? This should work OK with any version. the AOL site gives help on how to do this showing you the names of your servers. It is IMAP mail. Hotmail is HTTP mail, and again the Hotmail site has help on how to do this. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

Publisher and email
I just installed MS Professional 2003 on a new computer, I having trouble emailing a publisher document as a message. I do have the option to send as a mesage, so when I click send as message and type the email address in and click send, exit out of publisher and try to open outlook, outlook will not open up. (It is default email application) If I bring up the task manager, under processes there are two applications of outlook running. How do I fix this issue? I can email attachments without issue. The purpose of emailing as a mesages is create and send email newsletters to my customer...