Email set up

I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but unsure
if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right
direction? Thanks

0
Kids

Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Kids" <deon@longhorn-services.com> wrote in message
>I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but
>unsure if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right
>direction? Thanks

0
Bruce
1/28/2010 12:59:47 AM
"Kids" <deon@longhorn-services.com> wrote in message
>I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but
>unsure if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right
>direction? Thanks

You could start off by correcting the date and time on your PC.

We need more info from you to be able to help.

Who is your ISP, and what is the bit after the @ in your email address?

Bye for now until you correct the date.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
1/28/2010 1:00:28 PM
"Kids" <deon@longhorn-services.com> schreef in bericht
>I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but
>unsure if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right
>direction? Thanks

0
shania
1/28/2010 9:35:31 PM
Get your parents to help you.

"Kids" <deon@longhorn-services.com> wrote in message
>I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but
>unsure if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right
>direction? Thanks

0
David
1/29/2010 2:14:02 PM
"Kids" <deon@longhorn-services.com> wrote in message
>I think I need help setting this up. I am trying to set it up ... but
>unsure if I am using pop or smtp. can someone please guid me in the right
>direction? Thanks

0
Donna

Rule specifying "From" sender doesn't stop their emails
I can find no explanation anywhere in Microsoft of how rules act upon incoming email and why some will work right away and some won't, based not on whether or not the user knows how to set a rule, but rather by the characteristics of the incoming messages themselves. I suspect that there is a reason why I can't seem to get rid of certain unsolicited email that I receive on a daily basis, but I can't find any information to suggest how I might block them permanently. Specifically, I get spam from an online greeting site called "Castle Mountain" - I have set rule a...

GET PAID TO READ EMAILS #2
I just wanted to let you know about a great new Internet program called E-Mail Pays U! They pay you for simply reading email! To make it even better they will give you $10 just to join up. E-Mail Pays U will even pay you when your friends and family read e-mail! I know you'd like to earn some easy extra cash! It doesn't get any easier than this. signing up for FREE and earn a quick $10!! http://e-mailpaysu.com/members/index.cgi?lawrencelaw Join today and earn a FREE $10! E-Mail Pays U is totally free, privacy-protected and the money is real! ...

Outlook 2003 Security Settings
I just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2000 and 2002 there was the concept of Outlook Security Folder and the Outlook 10 Security folders that were setup in the Public folders to allow Outlook to determine (by registry setting) if the default security settings for Outlook were to be used or if Outlook should look to the Outlook Security folders. Does the concept of Outlook or Outlook 10 security folders still exist with Outlook 2003? If so where can I find the administration download for this? ...

Emailing
Hi, When I send an email in Excel, the font is magnified when I receive the email. How can fix this? Are there certain settings I can change? Many Thanks! -- lsherman22 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsherman22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500792 ...

How do I set email to be received by date?
I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a preview. It used to be that way and suddenly changed. Help please. -- "Grace and peace be yours in abundance" . . . . .2 Peter 1.2 . . View | Sort By | Sent. View | Layout | Show Preview Pane. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "bhappy41b" <bhappy41b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D57AEAA1-6D8D-4609-B3C5-5218A8672D2C@microsoft.com... >I want my Microsoft email to arrive on the list via current date with a > pr...

OL 2003 Find emails read, but not replied to?
In OL2003 How do I search for emails I have read but not replied to? Thanks in anticipation :) I can't find a way in Advanced Find to do that but you can try sort a view of your Inbox by the icon column. It will group messages forwarded, replied, etc. "Broons Bane" <nochance@youmustbejoking.com> wrote in message news:eq%23UMEybFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > In OL2003 > > How do I search for emails I have read but not replied to? "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message news:Odl23PybFHA.3844@tk2msftngp1...

Printing an Email Message (but only 1 page)
Hi, when I go to print an email (in Microsoft Outlook), I press "file", then "print", and usually I get a window asking "Print pages -- "all" or "page numbers.." etc, but I don't always get this screen. Sometimes, (depending on the email), I get "print all pages, print only odd pages, or print only even pages". How can I only print the current page, all the time? Thank you! ...

Setting Split form Window Sizes
I can't get A2007 to remember any Split form window sizes after trying various options for the last 4 hours I've had enough, this should be simple. I've got Access options set to overlapping windows. I've switched off Auto Resize and Fit to Screen. I've tried saving the form after I've sized it to how I want. None of the above works - I can nearly get it to work if I set the "Split Form Orientation" to Datasheet on right, but it's still not how I save it!!! If I set the "Orientation" to below it's nowhere near and sometimes...

Email msgs in RSS folder
How do I retrieve email msgs moved accidentally into RSS folder? Folder show no. of msgs moved there but I'm unable to view them in RSS folder & hence unable to move them back to correct folders. did you try resetting the view on the folder? did you try search or advanced find? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...

Problem Opening Certain Emails
I'm having this problem. When I try to open a certain email I receive the following error: This object was created in Outlook. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed. I Tried repairing office and applying a hotfix that Microsoft says it would solve it, but didn't work. If I try saving the email locally, I still get the above error when trying to open the file. But if you forward or save the email to another machine it opens fine. has anyone seen this probl...

Reading Outlook 2K email on my desktop from a wireless notebook.
I've recently installed a wireless network in my home. Desktop running Win. 2K Pro is wired into a Linksys router. My wireless notebook is running Win XP Pro. The system works perfectly. I would like to be able to read my email on the desktop (Outlook 2K) from my notebook (Outlook 2002). What to do? Much appreciate any help. TIA, Raydel Raydel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've recently installed a wireless network in my home. > Desktop running Win. 2K Pro is wired into a Linksys > router. My wireless notebook is running Win XP Pro. The > sys...

incoming emails ok but can't send emails
I recently added a ES 2003 to an Exchange 5.5 org. and so far so good. Now I want to decomission 5.5 but when I stopped the services (as a test), I can't send email anymore but receiving works fine. - Telnet on exch2003 server port 25 is responding - nslookup works fine returning the proper MX record in the domain from outside I changed the MX record on the internal DNS server to point to the new ES 2003. I know MX records are related to incoming messages. So what did I miss ? TIA The 5.5 server still has an IMS. Add an SMTP Connector to the Ex2003 server and increase the co...

Outlook 2002 with Windows Vista
I have just installed Outlook 2002, as part of Office XP, into my new laptop that has Windows Vista. I was using the trial version of Office 2007, but I uninstalled it when I did not buy it. Outlook was working fine. Also, Outlook 2002 was working fine on my other computer with Windows XP. Every time I run Outlook now, and then do a Send/Receive, it asks for passwords for my two email accounts. Then when I check my email accounts under Tools, Email Accounts, then View or change existing email accounts, then change each email account, in the section for logon information, there is a box ...

Defining "TO" recipient for workflow emails
Does anyone know how we can target the user who created the task as the recipient of a task completion e-mail. When we specify recipients in the workflow manager (i.e. "TO") , we are limited to types: LOGICAL USER, USER, ACCOUNT AND CONTACT. The logical user is limited to owner and owner manager, therefore how can we target the "created by" / originator of the task. We have requirements where it is not the owner who should receive the workflow, but it is the originator (i.e. creator) of the object. For example, if a task is created and assigned to a co-worker, we need t...

Autosignature appears twice when replying to an email
I have a user that when he replies to a 'Plain Text' message, his signature appears twice. This does not happen to a RTF message. I have deleted his signature and recreated and it still behaves the same. Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas what to do? Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Plot a line? Set dymanic axis Max min
Hi all, two questions: 1. I have a scatter plot of returns and I want to add not a trend line but simply x=y line to my plot (and other equations) Any way to do this? 2. I need to control both my x and y axis, I want to max and min and scale numbers to be linked to a cell in my spreadsheet instead of simply being static values or auto. THANKS! Stan Stan, Regarding question 1, you can add equations to charts by plotting points in an Excel worksheet and then charting those points. For more detailed information, Stephen bullen has some excellent examples of how to plot functions . . . ...

Forwarding emails with attachments
I have received an email from my wife which had an attachment before she sent it. She is using outlook and on this computer too. We have XP and she has her own profile and thus her own email account. The email arrived without attachment, so I went into her profile and checked it out. When you forward emails with attachments, the attachments are supposed to be sent as well. I had a look in her Sent Items and the attachment was not there. Is there something which blocks the forwarding of attachments? I just tested the forwarding of a forwarded message with attachment, and that worked, in ...

Outlook From Field is Exchng 'Other Email Address'?
I'm trying to send an email via Outlook where the From field = one of the address within a user's AD E-mail Addresses tab, but I receive "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." Being the SA, I'm not sure who else to contact. ;) Hi Do you have either send as or send on behalf of for the mailbox/email address you are trying to send from? The error message is not one I would expect to see for this problem, but have a look anyway Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)...

Can I import emails from Outlook Express to Outlook?
I am new to Outlook 2003. I have always used Oe 6.0 for my emails. How do I transfer them over to Outlook? Thanks The best way is to export them from OE (File > Export > Messages...). That way they will retain their correct modification dates. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Clorey" <Clorey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C99D368D-68D6-4A4A-A322-09587AAECE56@microsoft.com... >I am new to Outlook 2003. I have always used Oe 6.0 for my emails. How do I > transfer them over to Outlook? Thanks ...

changing outlook sever setting (POP/SMTP type)
Hi, I have googled the net but cannot figure out how to change the server settings in outlook 2003 using VBA or VB program. I am using POP3 email accounts. Any sort of help will be highly appreciated. Best Regard VJ Outlook provides no way to do that programmatically. What is the = scenario you're trying to address?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <ss> wrote in message news:eIkCHzxoFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl.....

can't email with global address list
I have a popo3 account and a exchange. We use the exchange for public folders and inter office email. Use pop3 account for external email. I have both services loaded but whatever service I set as the default service, that email will work. If pop3 default outside mail works, if exchange is default email then the global address for internal mail works. THis is a xp pro machine. The server is 2003 sbs. Thanks for any help. I am going crazy. ...

How do I set up a hyperlink with destination being a PDF file?
Is this destination possible ? Absolutely. <a href="/documents/doc.pdf">document</a> and it will open with Adobe Acrobat reader if installed. "ricksamm1" wrote: > Is this destination possible ? Yes. File | Import the PDF into a folder in your web. Create a link to it on a page like you would anything else. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "ricksamm1" <ricksamm1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C211F23B-0B65-40A5-88EF-6E2CF171F2B1@microsoft.com... ...

Keep getting same email "wireless email" #2
Hi buddy, I'm getting same email for more than 300 times a days. Everytime outlook check for new email, this email comin in first. The Email received from :- Display name : wireless email Email : nsPRynders@netscape.com To:- Display name : Automailer@ns2776.ovh.net Email : Automailer@ns2776.ovh.net Subject : Requested action aborted: local error in processing. Received Date: 15 Dec 2004. Received Time: 2.05pm. Once the email downloaded, Outlook prompt message "Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. This usually happen when the connection to the server is lost...

MSCRM Email Error messages.
Our Event viewer is full with these kind of error mesages (hundreds of messages): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMEmail Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 11/11/2008 Time: 12:31:39 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMPROD Description: #9628 - An error occurred while delivering the e-mail message with subject "XXX CRM:00230031" in mailbox crmmail@MYCOMPANY.COM for delivery to http://crmprod/MYCOMPANY. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process r...

Is there any specific setting for MS excel to download CSV in fin.
I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV file. But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across various cells. Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV files in the correct format? Hi try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel. >-----Original Message----- >I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV >file. >But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across >various cells. >Is there any specific setting that should ...