email error message

I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive
E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an
e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the
drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. )  At the top of the box it
says.... WinMail.exe - No disk-

If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just
click continue - I can open the email.
 How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email.

Thanks so much!

It happens when you try to open an email with Windows Mail already open,
or when you first open Windows Mail?

In case of the latter, check that the shortcut you click points to the =
correct
location of WinMail.exe.

In case of the former, check the location of the message store:
In Windows Mail: Tools, Options, Advanced, Maintenance, Store Folder.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"breel" <breel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my =
drive=20
> E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and =
open an=20
> e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in =
the=20
> drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. )  At the top of the box it =

> says.... WinMail.exe - No disk-
>=20
> If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I =
just=20
> click continue - I can open the email.
> How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every =
email.=20
>=20
> Thanks so much!
0
Gary
3/31/2010 8:42:51 PM
Clarification: I can open the e-mail without getting the error message but if
I click on an internet  link in the e-mail - that is when the error message
is displayed.
Thanks again.

"breel" wrote:

> I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive
> E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an
> e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the
> drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. )  At the top of the box it
> says.... WinMail.exe - No disk-
>
> If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just
> click continue - I can open the email.
>  How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email.
>
> Thanks so much!
Gary - It happens when my windows mail is already open. For example - if I
receive an email that someone has posted on my facebook and I click on the
link to take me to my facebook page - the error appears. I checked the
tools,options, advanced, maintenance, store folder ..... it says it is stored
in C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail

Another thought - I installed a couple of updates earlier today one of them
was an update to my windows mail........ It was Windows Live Essentials... I
already had the programs on my computer so I only chose to to "update" the
programs.
Should I try and uninstall that update or do a restore to a point before that?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> It happens when you try to open an email with Windows Mail already open,
> or when you first open Windows Mail?
>
> In case of the latter, check that the shortcut you click points to the correct
> location of WinMail.exe.
>
> In case of the former, check the location of the message store:
> In Windows Mail: Tools, Options, Advanced, Maintenance, Store Folder.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "breel" <breel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7195ACB4-7B37-4D24-9A73-052F62261FAE@microsoft.com...
> >I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive
> > E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an
> > e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the
> > drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. )  At the top of the box it
> > says.... WinMail.exe - No disk-
> >
> > If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just
> > click continue - I can open the email.
> > How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email.
> >
> > Thanks so much!
> .

Windows Live Essentials is (strictly speaking) not an update for
Windows Mail. Among other things, it installs or updates Windows
Live Mail, a different email program. If you want to keep Windows
Mail as your primary (default) email program, do this:

Open the Default Programs applet, then click on "Set program=20
access and computer defaults." Expand the Custom selection, and=20
select Windows Mail. Click OK.
Then repeat the same thing except select Internet Explorer.

If no improvement, consider switching to Windows Live Mail. It will
automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

> Gary - It happens when my windows mail is already open. For example - =
if I=20
> receive an email that someone has posted on my facebook and I click on =
the=20
> link to take me to my facebook page - the error appears. I checked the =

> tools,options, advanced, maintenance, store folder ..... it says it is =
stored=20
> in C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail
>=20
> Another thought - I installed a couple of updates earlier today one of =
them=20
> was an update to my windows mail........ It was Windows Live =
Essentials... I=20
> already had the programs on my computer so I only chose to to "update" =
the=20
> programs.=20
> Should I try and uninstall that update or do a restore to a point =
before that?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> It happens when you try to open an email with Windows Mail already =
open,
>> or when you first open Windows Mail?
>>=20
>> In case of the latter, check that the shortcut you click points to =
the correct
>> location of WinMail.exe.
>>=20
>> In case of the former, check the location of the message store:
>> In Windows Mail: Tools, Options, Advanced, Maintenance, Store Folder.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "breel" <breel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> >I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in =
my drive=20
>> > E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and =
open an=20
>> > e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk =
in the=20
>> > drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. )  At the top of the box =
it=20
>> > says.... WinMail.exe - No disk-
>> >=20
>> > If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If =
I just=20
>> > click continue - I can open the email.
>> > How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with =
every email.=20
>> >=20
>> > Thanks so much!
>> .

0
Gary
3/31/2010 11:58:46 PM
Gary - Thanks for the info about Live Essentials. I should have looked it up
before I did my updates.... I did not actually download the Windows Live Mail
but only the Live Writer and Live Photo Gallery but I did select the update
for Live Mail (thinking that was the mail program I was using) - so I do not
know if that is what caused the problem.
For what it is worth - I attempted a system restore to the point before I
did the updates. I received the message that the system restore was
UNsuccessful and that no changes had taken place.... However, the problem no
longer exist. My Windows Mail is now working fine and I am no longer getting
the error message.

Thanks again for your help and information. I have marked this site to use
again if necessary - :) Have a great day!
breel

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Live Essentials is (strictly speaking) not an update for
> Windows Mail. Among other things, it installs or updates Windows
> Live Mail, a different email program. If you want to keep Windows
> Mail as your primary (default) email program, do this:
>
> Open the Default Programs applet, then click on "Set program
> access and computer defaults." Expand the Custom selection, and
> select Windows Mail. Click OK.
> Then repeat the same thing except select Internet Explorer.
>
> If no improvement, consider switching to Windows Live Mail. It will
> automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "breel" <breel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3826AA2A-91F6-43E3-9654-EA69600E0D78@microsoft.com...
> > Gary - It happens when my windows mail is already open. For example - if I
> > receive an email that someone has posted on my facebook and I click on the
> > link to take me to my facebook page - the error appears. I checked the
> > tools,options, advanced, maintenance, store folder ..... it says it is stored
> > in C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail
> >
> > Another thought - I installed a couple of updates earlier today one of them
> > was an update to my windows mail........ It was Windows Live Essentials... I
> > already had the programs on my computer so I only chose to to "update" the
> > programs.
> > Should I try and uninstall that update or do a restore to a point before that?
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> It happens when you try to open an email with Windows Mail already open,
> >> or when you first open Windows Mail?
> >>
> >> In case of the latter, check that the shortcut you click points to the correct
> >> location of WinMail.exe.
> >>
> >> In case of the former, check the location of the message store:
> >> In Windows Mail: Tools, Options, Advanced, Maintenance, Store Folder.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

Glad to hear the problem was cleared up. Thanks for reporting back.=20

> Gary - Thanks for the info about Live Essentials. I should have looked =
it up=20
> before I did my updates.... I did not actually download the Windows =
Live Mail=20
> [...]
- if I=20
>> > receive an email that someone has posted on my facebook and I click =
on the=20
>> > link to take me to my facebook page - the error appears. I checked =
the=20
>> > tools,options, advanced, maintenance, store folder ..... it says it =
is stored=20
>> > in C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail
>> >=20
>> > Another thought - I installed a couple of updates earlier today one =
of them=20
>> > was an update to my windows mail........ It was Windows Live =
Essentials... I=20
>> > already had the programs on my computer so I only chose to to =
"update" the=20
>> > programs.=20
>> > Should I try and uninstall that update or do a restore to a point =
If I just=20

>> .

0
Gary

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

Errors saving to network drive

multiple email identities

Setup of CRM Server fails with unkown error
I get the following error message: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create organization. Unknown error. (80040E07). What I have already tried to do: I tried to install on our second Domain Controller (Win2K3 English), on our Primary DC (a German SBS Premium Edition), on a German Win2K3 German membership server. Always same results: the setup program can do lot of things, it can also create a new organizational unit in our ADS, create some icons in the start menu. But then it fails unexpectedly. Always...

Event ID: 8270 ,LDAP Error--Need help to fix it..
Event Type: Error (win2000 Srv+exchange2000) Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Computer: Exchange_2000_Server_Name Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded. dn: "GUID=8F37136AFCEE0B41BDD353B78F8E6067" changetype: Modify mail:USER1@Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix proxyAddresses:MS:NET/PO/User1 : CCMAIL:User1, PO at NET : SMTP:USER1@EMAIL.Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix : X400:c=US;a= ;p=Exchange_Org_Name;o=Exchange_Site_Name;s=Last_Name;g=First_Name; : smtp:USER1@MAILLIST.Domain_Name.Domain_...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

Error loading XML into DataSet

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...